Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

An annoying problem

Hey guys! I'm new here, so I don't know if I can put here questions, but I'm disperate!
Today I bought TS3 Seasons and TS3 Pets. So I installed these, I started to creat a sim and of course a pet. Everything was perfect until I finished to build the new house. I played for 5 or 6 minutes with my sim and the pet, and then on the game appeared a box that tell me to close the game, because they find a problem. I only have the option to press CLOSE, and so I close the game and had to go again, but this thing is repeated again and again.

Please help me! I don't know what to do, and I'm sooooo excited to play these expantion packs. I hope you understand my problem and you'll help me. xoxo

Comments

• stayperfstayperf Posts: 4
    edited July 2014
    have you turned off your computer for 5 minutes? i usually have the problem but its because my laptop gets hot.
  • VTRulzVTRulz Posts: 4 New Member
    i have this all the time, and it's mostly because i have a lot of stuff on my computer. my computer is sort of middle-aged, so i have to save every sim-night as a precaution in case it shuts down. to fix this, you can try a) getting a new computer, or b) clearing out some space on your computer for the sims 3. hope this helps!
  • NesoiancitizenNesoiancitizen Posts: 4,344 Member
    edited February 2015
    @VTRulz said:
    I have this all the time, and it's mostly because i have a lot of stuff on my computer. my computer is sort of middle-aged, so i have to save every sim-night as a precaution in case it shuts down. to fix this, you can try a) getting a new computer, or b) clearing out some space on your computer for the sims 3. hope this helps!

I would recommend clearing out some space on your computer. It may be time consuming, but it's free. Try moving stuff like your photo and Itunes library to another hardrive, that might clear up a lot of space and make things run smoother.
    Post edited by Nesoiancitizen on
    JkN3z9U.gif
    Find me at Sims3.com. Username: Nesoiancitizen
    I'm also on Duolingo as carlaquest
  • Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    That is not necessarily true, hard drives don't have to be permanent to transfer pictures and music libraries are just shortcuts for folders that is all. So yeah libraries will complain if that hard drive is missing at windows start up but it don't really matter.
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
  • NesoiancitizenNesoiancitizen Posts: 4,344 Member
    Sid1701D9 wrote: »
    That is not necessarily true, hard drives don't have to be permanent to transfer pictures and music libraries are just shortcuts for folders that is all. So yeah libraries will complain if that hard drive is missing at windows start up but it don't really matter.

Ah, okay. Thanks for the correction.

JkN3z9U.gif
    Find me at Sims3.com. Username: Nesoiancitizen
    I'm also on Duolingo as carlaquest
  • Letchy15Letchy15 Posts: 530 Member
    I have the exact same expansion packs, and the exact same problem. I have no idea how to fix it, and pretty much put up the exact same question on this forum, just on the pets category. Haven't look at your replies yet, so fingers crossed it might help me too! ;)
  • KarinLKarinL Posts: 3,989 Member
    Try to start up your game and adopt a horse. If your game crashes immediately, then it might be that your computer can't handle horses and crashes when it's called upon to render a horse. (Like if a wild horse comes close to your house.)

If that's not the problem, I would think overheating is an issue worth looking into. I play the game with an fps-limiter myself to lower the framerate and prevent my computer from blowing itself up.