Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

NEW Pg 5: Island Castle WIP; Storybook Victorian

Serrano2015Serrano2015 Posts: 249 Member
edited November 2014 in The Sims 3 Builders
I'm making this thread to share all my favorite creations! I'm always trying new building techniques and trying to become better, so I welcome any feedback, tips or constructive criticism you may have to offer :)
Post edited by Serrano2015 on

Comments

• Serrano2015Serrano2015 Posts: 249 Member
    edited July 2014
    I recently made a Dragon Valley style mansion for Skyemyst's Valley Victorian Contest, and wanted to share!

Download Link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8227533
    Description:

This Victorian mansion fits in perfectly with Dragon Valley. Complete with 4 bedrooms, 5 bathrooms, 2 car garage, horse stables, green house garden, indoor pool, hot tub, secret magic rooms, and a full gym, this house has everything your sims could want! All appliances and fireplaces have been upgraded.

Pictures:
    screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

Front Exterior:

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

mediamanager.html?persona=ACarron0514&sortField=uploaded_date&sortOrder=desc&mediaType=ALL%20TYPES&position=10&index=2

screenshot_original.jpg

Backyard:

screenshot_original.jpg

Stables and Chicken Coop:

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

Dragon Nests:

screenshot_original.jpg

Ponds with bridge:

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

Greenhouse:

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

Basement (magic rooms, gym, library, bathroom, and nectary):
    screenshot_original.jpg

First Floor (foyer, kitchen, dining room, living room, bathrooms, pool room, garage with workshop):
    screenshot_original.jpg

Second Floor (bedrooms and bathrooms):
    screenshot_original.jpg

Pink Bedroom
    screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

Blue Bedroom

screenshot_original.jpg
    edited July 2014
    Frozen Ice Castle: Inspired by Elsa's ice castle from the movie Frozen.

NO CC OR CAP
    No custom content or patterns - only recolors of game/store content.

I suggest playing with the seasons set to winter only for the true Frozen experience.

The castle and household are available separately as well as bundled.
    Household Individual Link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8123469
    Ice Castle Individual Link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8123470
    Ice Castle Including Elsa and Anna: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8123374

Home Exterior - note Elsa making snowmen in the front yard.
    screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

Queen Elsa on her throne in the front hall surrounded by frozen treasures:
    screenshot_original.jpg

Elsa practicing magic so she can learn to control it better:
    screenshot_original.jpg

Princess Anna encouraging her sister to keep trying:
    screenshot_original.jpg

Princess Anna trying out the throne:
    screenshot_original.jpg

Anna's formal outfit:
    screenshot_original.jpg

Gemcutting and weather controlling machines:
    screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg
    edited July 2014
    Easter Egg Estate + Bloom Family:
    inspired by spring, his charming pastel-colored home is perfect for young families like the Blooms. Two bedrooms, two bathrooms. Includes outdoor greenhouse with planted garden, and festival eggs in the yard ready for an egg hunt! No CC, some custom patterns made with CAP tool (all safe). Also contain items from Stone's Throw Greenhouse and Midnight Hollow.

Exchange Link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8136908

The Bloom Family:
    Bud Bloom
    A young father and real go-getter, Bud has big dreams to save the world. He just started a career in politics, and hopes to climb the ladder to one day run on a renewable energy platform, as he is very concerned about the environment. But can he balance his big dreams with his desire to have a big family?
    Traits: family-oriented, eco-friendly, ambitious, charismatic, athletic
    Skills: Athletic (10), Charisma (4), Photography (4), Social Networking (2)
    LTW: Leader of the Free World

Lilly Bloom
    Lilly loves all things nature. Already in level 5 of the gardener profession, Lilly spends most her time in her greenhouse caring for her wide array of plants, from the standard tomatoes to the exotic flame fruits. She loves to be outside enjoying nature, and is so happy she could turn her love of the outdoors into a career. She loves being able to control her schedule to be there for her toddler, Ivy.
    Traits: loves the outdoors, natural cook, gatherer, family-oriented, green thumb
    Skills: Gardening (9), Fishing (6), Cooking (3)
    LTW: The Perfect Garden

Ivy Bloom
    Traits: excitable, loves the outdoors
    Skills: maxed out available toddler "skills" from peg box and xylophone, has learned to walk and talk and is potty trained, has read many books

Brooke Bloom
    Brooke, the lovable family dog, likes to stay active and be outside just like the rest of the Blooms. Lilly is also training Brooke to hunt so she can sniff out new collectables for the house and/or garden.
    Traits: playful, friendly, likes swimming
    Skills: Hunting (7)

Easter Egg Estate

Front Exterior
    screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

Greenhouse and side garden path
    screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

Grill and outdoor dining area - note festival eggs ready to be discovered!
    screenshot_original.jpg

Back Exterior:
    screenshot_original.jpg

Back Porch Rocking Chair:
    screenshot_original.jpg

First Floor:
    screenshot_original.jpg

Kitchen:
    screenshot_original.jpg

Bud teaching Ivy to walk in the kitchen while Brooke enjoys her toy:
    screenshot_original.jpg

Nook displaying Bud's photography:
    screenshot_original.jpg

Lilly snuggling with Brooke:
    screenshot_original.jpg

Bud practicing a speech for his political career:
    screenshot_original.jpg

Second Floor:
    screenshot_original.jpg[img]Ivy's Nursery:[/img]screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

Master Bedroom:
    screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

Master Bathroom:
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,581 Member
    edited July 2014
    It is great that you have set up a showcase thread for your builds :) Your builds are very nice! I have already posted about these builds on the contest threads so I won't post about them again but they are very nice! Very nice exteriors of them, great outdoors areas, and very nice furnishing of the interiors! :)
    edited July 2014
    Thank you, Rosemow! Your comments are always so sweet and thoughtful. :)
  • sherrylynn8779sherrylynn8779 Posts: 2,102 Member
    edited July 2014
    Your builds are beautiful and creative! I can't wait to see what else you come up with! Rec'd all!
    My Twitter:: My Facebook:: Gallery Name: sherry_lynn1979
  • Khala_OakeageKhala_Oakeage Posts: 235 Member
    edited July 2014
    Very nice builds! Have rec'd them :)
  • yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited July 2014
    WOW! 3 gorgeous builds! :D I think my favourite has to be the victorian mansion/ castle! Loving the landscaping, the roof decor and the greenhouse! Recommended. Also recommended your frozen castle and the easter egg estate! Frozen castle is unique and very creative! Well done! The easter egg estate looks adorable too! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
    edited July 2014
    Thank you for the nice comments everyone! Sorry for the delayed response - I've been having computer problems, but recently got a new lap top so I'm back!

Since getting my new computer, I've been trying to finish my build for the Zoo U contest. I lost all my progress once I switched to my new computer, so I still have a long way to go before the August 1 deadline. In the meantime, here are some WIP pictures.

I'm still working on everything, so please feel free to give suggestions :)

I'm going with a fairytale cottage them. The main cottage sits atop a hill (still need to landscape):

screenshot_original.jpg

Down below, there is a pond, workshop, and gazebo:

screenshot_original.jpg

But there's more to the cottage than meets the eye. If you can find the secret rooms, things start to get quite magical:

screenshot_original.jpg

More to come!
    edited July 2014
    Your WIP is looking very nice! :) Very nice exterior of it! The roofing, tower and dormers look very nice! Nice patterning on the exterior! The fairy tale cottage theme of the build looks very nice. It looks nice how you have placed the flowers either side of the front door for sims to enjoy seeing as they enter their home. It looks nice that you have placed greenery on the exterior. The open shutter windows look very nice! Very nice pond area! The gazebo looks great! It is great that you have placed the water wheel there. The lily pads look nice in the pond. The exterior of the workshop looks great! The alchemy room looks very nice! Great furnishing of it! Nice colour of the wall panelling there. It looks great how you have placed the books decor there. The candles and book lights look great there. The candles on the wall look nice and suit the type of room. The floor rugs look great and suit the alchemy theme. The type of portrait pictures that you have placed on the wall look great.
    The WIP is looking great! :)
  • TRajahTRajah Posts: 2,403 Member
    edited July 2014
    Very nice!
  • yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited July 2014
    Fabulous! Great architecture! Love the gazebo and the water wheel area. Can't wait to see more pics. :D
  • CorwimCorwim Posts: 3,218 Member
    edited July 2014
    Ooooh, glad I've across your topic here, your creations look wonderful, and I'm loving all the creativity you're putting in them. :thumbup: I love your architectural design and the use of create-a-style for your interiors. Have left you rec's to all the links I could find here. 8)

Great job as well so far on your WIP for your Zoo U contest entry! :thumbup: Sorry to hear you lost some of your progress when you switched computers. :? Crossing my fingers youll be able to finish your build before the deadline! Your fairytale cottage looks fantastic, and I'm loving the landscaping so far. 8) Good luck in the contest!
    edited July 2014
    Thanks everyone! I think I should be able to finish in time for the contest. The final product may just be a little less detailed than I had hoped!
    edited August 2014
    I'm almost done with my Zoo U build, and will hopefully be uploading the finished lot and pictures tonight!

In the meantime, I've shared some object recolors I've made for my Zoo U fairytale-theme build on the exchange. This is my personal favorite:

original.jpg

It's a whimsical butterfly partition that would look great in a nursery or princess-themed room. Hope you enjoy!

Exchange Link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8362712
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    edited July 2014
    Beautiful builds! Got them all Rec'd. Your latest for Zoo's contest looks Gorgeous. Good luck in the contest! :D
    edited July 2014
    edited August 2014
    Zoo U Contest Entry: Hilltop Fairytale Cottage

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8371029

I'll post more pictures tomorrow, but am so excited I actually finished I wanted to post something right away. Below I included some exterior pictures. :) Hope you all enjoy!

Exteriors

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

Main House

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

Stairs leading to Main Cottage

screenshot_original.jpg

Garden

screenshot_original.jpg

Path through the garden

screenshot_original.jpg

Chicken Coop and Bee Keeping Station

screenshot_original.jpg

Outdoor Kitchen

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

Workshop

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

Gazebo

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

Note the camouflaged swing :)

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg
    Post edited by Serrano2015 on
    edited July 2014
    Hilltop Fairy Cottage is so very nice! :) Very nice exterior of the buildings on the lot and very nice outdoors areas! It looks very nice how you have done the river and pond! The arched bridge looks very pretty! It looks nice how you have used the mossy stairs there! The directions sign near the bridge looks great, and the white flamingos in the water on the other side of the bridge is a nice touch! The flowers on either side of the bridge looks very nice. It looks very nice how you have lined the edges of the water with the stones. The way you have placed the trails of stones and flowers through the different outdoors areas looks so very nice! The flowers and plants throughout the outdoors areas looks so very nice! Very nice gazebo! Great design of it! The entrance gate door looks nice and suits well the Fairytale type of build. It looks very nice how you have placed the flowers on the sides of the pathway leading up to the gazebo entrance. It looks nice that you have used the flower and vine entwined columns for the gazebo and the fireflies lights looks nice there. It is a very nice place for sims to enjoy painting on the easel there with such nice surroundings and views to look out onto! It is great that you have the water wheel in your build. Great exterior of the workshop! Very nice front patio area of it! It looks nice how you have placed the flower planters, pots of plants and wheelbarrows there. Sims will enjoy growing items to use in elixirs in the planters there. The mossy steps and fencing look great there! Very nice harvestable produce garden on the side of the main house! It looks nice how you have the arch entrance to this area. The round stepping stones look nice there and at the front of the house! The exterior of the house looks so very nice! The roofing, the roofing decor and the dormers look great! The tower is very nice! Very nice patterning on the exterior! The types of windows that you have used look very nice! The flower box and open shutter windows add to the nice Fairytale theme and look of the build. Very nice front entrance area! Nice sitting alcove there for sims to enjoy sitting and resting outdoors enjoying the sunshine. Sims who live there will enjoy playing with the chickens or collecting eggs from the coop or harvesting honey from the hives. The kitchen looks great! The bar stool counter is great! Nice type of kitchen counters that you have used and the cake stand on the counter is nice kitchen touches. It looks very nice how you have done the fireplace section in the living room! Great mooing work! The way you have placed the bookcases and the shelves with items on them either side of the fireplace looks great! The rose on the side table is a nice sight for sims to see whilst resting in the rocking chair there.
    The home looks so very nice! :)
  • TRajahTRajah Posts: 2,403 Member
    edited July 2014
    How darling! Can really see where you're showing what you learned from the U, too. Nice work!
  • imogerimoger Posts: 5,789 Member
    edited July 2014
    Hilltop Fairytale Cottage looks gorgeous with beautiful landscaping! :)
    rec'd
  • GreenCatsGreenCats Posts: 9,318 Member
    edited July 2014
    Absolutely gorgeous build!! Off to explore your studio :D
    You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com
  • flstriderflstrider Posts: 1,912 Member
    edited July 2014
    WOW :shock: !!! so lovely can I move in!!! Your cottage is beautifully landscaped the details are just wonderful! Rec'd and Fav'd!!
    My World's thread linked in Sig
    NewSig.jpg

• illusieillusie Posts: 13,819 Member
    edited July 2014
    That looks lovely!
    edited July 2014
    Thank you so much everyone! I really appreciate all the kind comments.

flstrider - your Zoo U castle entry is also beautiful! I've already red'd it :)

GreenCats - thank you so much! I love all the builds you do, and really appreciate your nice comments and friend request!

Rosemow - you always say the nicest, most detailed things. Thank you :)

Illusie - I look forward to seeing your completed Zoo U build! I know it will be beautiful as always.

TRajah - thank you so much! I was definitely trying to use the techniques taught in the courses - I'm glad you could tell :) I can't wait to see your build!

Imoger - Thanks so much for the kind words and rec!