Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 Sims still Look BETTER!

Comments

• pandabearroxpandabearrox Posts: 2,295 Member
    edited July 2014
    I didn't read this entire thread cause I pretty much knew what it would entail.

I like the look of TS4 Sims. It's probably the only decent quality to the game, sans the bad hair (like the styles, not the execution)

But can we talk about the environment? Was that already covered? If any of the visuals from TS4 should be critiqued against TS3, it should be them/ The last pics I saw the plantlife looked like legos :cry:

I like how Vibrant it is... But the enviroment just cant compare that much to the sims 3.

here are some simple ingame screenshots of sims 3

IyaTnfBkjNo77hY3m5HFSTl72eJkfbmt4t8yenImKBVvK0kTmF0xjctABnaLJIm9

MV_Screenshot%208.jpg?cb=1353508925

sims3monte_ss7.jpg

8D12CBA5E0000C3C07B0FBEDBAC580DA5162ED5A

Screenshot-47.jpg

Here are some sims 4 screenshots:

The-Sims-4_-Smarter-and-Weirder-Official-Gameplay-Trailer-09.jpg

ts4_build_1.jpg?cb=1377686284

TS4_Build5.jpg

safe_image.php?d=AQCcuOMhiEc_464t&w=484&h=253&url=http%3A%2F%2Fsimscommunity.net%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2014%2F07%2FThe-Sims-4_-Create-A-Sim-Official-Gameplay-Trailer-263.jpg&cfs=1

Even those are probably heavily staged by EA.

But im not gonna lie, I do love how bright and cheery the sims 4 looks. But then I also like how nice the sims 3 looks.

• Halle_MHalle_M Posts: 6,539 Member
    edited July 2014
    TS4_Build5.jpg

Look at those windows. Especially the second- and third-story rectangular windows. I want a clear explanation as to why that is acceptable. That is the most gawd-awful thing I have ever seen in any Sims game, and I am absolutely flabbergasted that they can stand up in front of us and say "THE FUTURE IS BRIGHT THIS IS THE BEST SIMS GAME YET SEND US YOUR PREORDER MUNIEZ NAOW!!!!!"
    edited July 2014
    Halle_M wrote:
    TS4_Build5.jpg

Look at those windows. Especially the second- and third-story rectangular windows. I want a clear explanation as to why that is acceptable. That is the most gawd-awful thing I have ever seen in any Sims game, and I am absolutely flabbergasted that they can stand up in front of us and say "THE FUTURE IS BRIGHT THIS IS THE BEST SIMS GAME YET SEND US YOUR PREORDER MUNIEZ NAOW!!!!!"

The windows really do look awful!!! They dont even look like windows, its like they took plastic saran wrap and stuck it on there, and voila, Windows!

It would look like this IRL:

egress-window-plastic-wrap-wood-bracing.gif
    edited July 2014
    Halle_M wrote:
    Also, OP, your sim is really pretty. :-)

Thanks!!!
  • SophieDiddleSophieDiddle Posts: 578 Member
    edited July 2014
    EatChees wrote:
    I agree, the sims 3 sims seem to be a lot smoother and that makes them a good base for any sort of custom skins and overlays. In addition, the environment is much more realistic looking than sims 4, and as such even with cc the sims will still fit with the environment. In sims 4 I could deck out my sims with realistic cc but they would look strange walking around a wii sports environment.

I think sims 3 sims look nice to begin with, but they are absolutely stunning when cc is added.

Screenshot-11.jpg

Screenshot-6.jpg

Screenshot-20-1.png

Screenshot-456.jpg

Screenshot59.jpg

Hmmmmm. I really find those guys creepy, especially the first one. If that appeared on my computer screen it would have to go out the window.
    Sorry xD I just don't see what's attractive about that.
  • SprinklesBonBonSprinklesBonBon Posts: 2,727 Member
    edited July 2014
    when sims look too real it become's creepy :shock: :lol:
    Still waiting for Toddlers...
  • DarleymikeyDarleymikey Posts: 4,047 Member
    edited July 2014
    nekobear wrote:

They don't have to look real to look creepy: :(

sims4playbooth011_zps33b3d06c.jpg
    wallshot_zps9l41abih.jpg
    edited July 2014
    Believe me, I'm no fan of what I've seen of Sims 4. But I have to say the Sims 4 sims look slightly better. With CC, they will only improve. Of course they should look better, as they are supposed to be part of what is almost a 2015 release! They definitely do not look 2008-2015 'better'. No way CC created sims from Sims 3 should even compare, but they almost do.

Here's hoping it's possible to alter lighting in-game through mods. That will go a long way towards improving sim's looks.
    wallshot_zps9l41abih.jpg
  • InannaWintermoonInannaWintermoon Posts: 3,400 Member
    edited July 2014
    Believe me, I'm no fan of what I've seen of Sims 4. But I have to say the Sims 4 sims look slightly better. With CC, they will only improve. Of course they should look better, as they are supposed to be part of what is almost a 2015 release! They definitely do not look 2008-2015 'better'. No way CC created sims from Sims 3 should even compare, but they almost do.

Here's hoping it's possible to alter lighting in-game through mods. That will go a long way towards improving sim's looks.

You mean if TS4 the game itself is a decent game to begin with. CAS and pretty sims do not a good game make.
    It's quite drop from the top, so how ya feeling down there?
    edited July 2014
    nekobear wrote:

That is really creepy! I would not want to be playing late at night and my sims do something like that. It would be weird and freaky.
  • stickykissesstickykisses Posts: 2,039 Member
    edited July 2014

That. I'm glad something about sims 4 base game is better than sims 3 base game -- AND without the use of cc! :D

Personally, I am dying of curiosity as to how the connections between lots are going to affect loading screens; and what kind of overview of the town (from the sim's perspective) and overview of the map (from the player's perspective) will be possible. Still don't think I can play this game for 4 years without casT though (apologies for fixating on that)...
  • Kail16Kail16 Posts: 3,051 Member
    edited July 2014
    That sims 3 sim is loaded up with third party CC where as the Sims 4 sim looks great with base game content.

I like the look of Sims 4 sims much better.

(Not a good comparative choice)
  • Cyron43Cyron43 Posts: 8,055 Member
    edited July 2014
    @pandabearrox: You know I don't like Sims 4 for several reasons and I'd like to support you but you did yourself no favor by choosing a heavily modded Sim for the comparison.
    I try to be as objective as possible and so I have to say the TS4 CAS provides more varieties over the Sims 3 CAS (strictly talking about face modeling). We can even do asymmetric faces (most real faces are). Remember that comes from someone who don't give a s*** for TS4.
    On the other hand, the hairs in TS4 still look like clay and that will not change.
    This space is for rent.
  • moo11xmoo11x Posts: 1,155 Member
    edited July 2014
    I just want to say~ I'm loving all these Sims 3 piccys!!! You guys are very talented :thumbup:

I don't use CC myself *I'm too scared lol* but I do use the makeup from Ambitions and it is a great cure for 'Pudding Face'!!! I'm so glad I discovered UnlockOutfits hehehe :wink: I will share some piccy's too~

Sims_3.jpg
  • simsfashion20simsfashion20 Posts: 191 New Member
    edited July 2014
    Yes, it does look better. But that is only because you have a ton of CC. ts4 sims look so much better than ts3 no cc sims. I mean tbh, ts2 sims w/ cc look better than ts3 no cc.
  • pguidapguida Posts: 7,481 Member
    edited July 2014
    I like the look of the sims 4 sims... But the sims 3 sims are clearly better:

This is the sims 3 sim

116hmwz.jpg

Compared to this:

10481536_4505515253702_5119836740322875656_o.jpg

You decide. Which one looks more 2014 to you? I think Sims 3 looks better.

TS3 hair kicks TS4 hair's ***.
  • RimbaudvogessiRimbaudvogessi Posts: 113 Member
    edited July 2014
    nekobear wrote:

That is really creepy! I would not want to be playing late at night and my sims do something like that. It would be weird and freaky.

Dear me, you are making it sound like this is Dead Space or something. Hyperbole much? To be honest, you better stop kicking that dead horse of yours, not much left...
    edited July 2014
    I'll stop kicking mine, when people stop referring to the months old 'uncanny valley' nonsense regarding real looking sims. That's been the mantra on the boards for months, used to excuse improvements to sim's appearances. 'Oh, it would be too creepy to have [insert example used in modern video game graphics].
    wallshot_zps9l41abih.jpg
  • Shadoza2Shadoza2 Posts: 1,579 Member
    edited July 2014
    UtaDagda wrote:
    tumblr_n13gmzMUwe1sh6xelo1_1280.jpg

Comparisons of all TS game Sims of the same Sim.

I agree, The Sims 3 is better. The 4th image has an issue with the hair and the eyebrows that makes it appear...odd.
  • sweetface44sweetface44 Posts: 2,958 Member
    edited July 2014
    no I would have to disagree the sims 3 does not look better with out all of the custom content.. the sims 4 has no cc content YET!!!! I NEED THAT HAIR TO CHANGE...
  • sweetface44sweetface44 Posts: 2,958 Member
    edited July 2014

This is the sims 3 sim

116hmwz.jpg

Compared to this:

make this same sim with out cc then we will tell you
  • loyallyroyalloyallyroyal Posts: 353 Member
    edited July 2014
    The only issue I have with the Sims 4 sims is the lego-ish hair, but a little cc or some improved expansion pack/store content should make everything right as rain.

What worries me is the surrounding environment looks like toon town. I'm not sure CC could fix that.

One thing that 3 did get right was the worlds:

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg
  • MissTexasBMissTexasB Posts: 372 Member
    edited July 2014

This is the sims 3 sim

116hmwz.jpg

Compared to this:

You are asking us to compare two sims but you are not showing us a TS3 sim to judge. To be fair you have to show us a TS3 sim free of CC. Personally if you are asking us to judge the two you've presented I would have to pick the TS4 sim. CC always makes sims look ugly and out of place to me.
  • Shadoza2Shadoza2 Posts: 1,579 Member
    edited July 2014
    UtaDagda wrote:
    Simpkin wrote:
    Well judging by these pics then Sims 4. I LOATHE CC. So the first one looks super gross.

Thats very rude. My sim is beutiful

a4bczd.jpg

Here she is without much CC

15qxaww.jpg

Ew....By Rot. I knew it was going to get worse. But :shock:

I think she looks nice. The hair coloring is unique, because there is a color wheel in The Sims 3, we can do this kind of thing. :-)
    edited July 2014
    I agree, hair is the main issue at the moment. CC will fix that (hopefully).
    wallshot_zps9l41abih.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top