Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 Sims still Look BETTER!

I like the look of the sims 4 sims... But the sims 3 sims are clearly better:

This is the sims 3 sim

116hmwz.jpg

Compared to this:

10481536_4505515253702_5119836740322875656_o.jpg

You decide. Which one looks more 2014 to you? I think Sims 3 looks better.

Comments

• Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited July 2014
    If Sims 3 Sims look better, why are you using a TON of CC to get it the way you want it to look?

I think the Sims 4 Sims are the BEST of any Sims game. The art style is really nice, and just everything looks fantastic.
  • Options
    GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    edited July 2014
    I've adjusted to the art style when it comes to the sims themselves (still dislike the look of the environments, furniture, etc.). There are some things I really like about them (facial structure, expressive eyes), but, I still like TS3's sims just a little better. There's a sort of warmth about them. I don't know how else to describe it.
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • Options
    medivialprincessmedivialprincess Posts: 774 Member
    edited July 2014
    eh....i always hated how majority cc hair looks. I got a few from tsr that is ok.But your sims 3 sim has cc vs a none cc sims 4 sim. I'd like to see a cc free sims 3 sim comparison. that just seems fair. I personally like the sims 4 sims over 3. They seem more life like even with that art style. sims 3 just seems...like it was trying to be too real and compared has a ugly look to me now.
    tumblr_m4hniaS8fX1r3l7cvo1_500.gif
  • Options
    joop123joop123 Posts: 1,616 Member
    edited July 2014
    The sims 3 sim looks more real, But the sims 4 sim looks better
    •New Zealand
    •Collectors Edition + Headset
    Story behind my username: it's a unisex spray, when i made my account i couldn't think of anything so i chose that :P

Sims%2Bseries%2B%28512x146%29.jpgSims4SpinningBlumbot.gif

• Options
    UtaDagdaUtaDagda Posts: 1,556 Member
    edited July 2014
    The ton of CC you try to use to cover up the ugly of TS3 Sims all most puts it up to the nice cohesive look of that TS4 Sim but not quite there. :P

Also pssst. Her hair is doing a thing. A thing of the not good kind.
    Love The Sims? SIMMERSE YOURSELF. Join our community.
    I gave up singing. Sorry.
    Here have my luchADORE to cheer you up.
    luchad.pngluucha.gif
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    edited July 2014
    Omg! Are those hair strands hehe.
    Ia it just me or do the sims 4 sims all have the same eye shape, I'm starting wonder how much it can be altered if they all look the same from different ethnic backgrounds and creators. I also like the sims 3 more, pudding faces and all :lol:
  • Options
    KyuWolf13KyuWolf13 Posts: 322 Member
    edited July 2014
    Your sim has CC in it.

Even than its a good tie. To me if you know how to make a sim really well you can in the sims 4.
  • Options
    joop123joop123 Posts: 1,616 Member
    edited July 2014
    Sims 3 hair clipping ;) yum
    •New Zealand
    •Collectors Edition + Headset
    Story behind my username: it's a unisex spray, when i made my account i couldn't think of anything so i chose that :P

Sims%2Bseries%2B%28512x146%29.jpgSims4SpinningBlumbot.gif

• Options
    Aesir26Aesir26 Posts: 304 Member
    edited July 2014
    If you're going to make a valid comparison, you might want to remove the large amount of CC that the S3 sim has.
  • Options
    MySugaCubeMySugaCube Posts: 57 Member
    edited July 2014
    it's important to mention that your sims 3 character obviously has CC, while obviously the sims 4 sim doesn't. That sims 3 character would not look nearly as polished without the CC. As CC comes out for the sims 4 the sims will so unreal, especially for a person such as you which seems like they like the aesthetic of CC.

Personally i am so in love with the look of sims 4, they look so much more alive compared to sims 3 that look so much more dead in the eyes and rather bland which is usually covered up with CC. But so far without any CC, sims 4 people look like they'd actually have souls.
  • Options
    PixelsSquaredPixelsSquared Posts: 3,265 Member
    edited July 2014
    If you compare vanilla base game TS3 to vanilla base game TS4, TS4 looks much better. TS4 skin and eyes look much more lively and they have a natural glow to them. TS4 hair isn't that bad. It's not as blocky as it used to be and there are plenty of good base game hairstyles in TS4. Many of TS3's base game hairstyles were sort of unappealing. Did I mention the clothing options in TS4? Most of them look simply stunning and gorgeous. They fit nicely. Most of TS3's base game clothes didn't fit correctly.
    ypU37gD.gif
    Pricefield forever.
    Time Won't Keep Us Apart - A story.
    MTS: SimsForever15 | Origin: vba152318 | Paradox: PixelsSquared | Simblr: PixelsSquared
  • Options
    adventfearadventfear Posts: 1,766 Member
    edited July 2014
    Pretty much what everyone else has said, remove the CC that the Sim is covered literally head to toe in and then you can make a valid comparison.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    tumblr_n13gmzMUwe1sh6xelo1_1280.jpg

Comparisons of all TS game Sims of the same Sim.
    luchad.pngluucha.gif
  • Options
    Aotearoa13Aotearoa13 Posts: 309 Member
    edited July 2014
    I agree Sims 3 faces look better.

But in the end good looks don't make a game. It has to be about more than that for me.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    MySugaCube wrote:
    it's important to mention that your sims 3 character obviously has CC, while obviously the sims 4 sim doesn't. That sims 3 character would not look nearly as polished without the CC. As CC comes out for the sims 4 the sims will so unreal, especially for a person such as you which seems like they like the aesthetic of CC.

Personally i am so in love with the look of sims 4, they look so much more alive compared to sims 3 that look so much more dead in the eyes and rather bland which is usually covered up with CC. But so far without any CC, sims 4 people look like they'd actually have souls.

I still think that TS3's sims can look nice, even without CC. Yeah, they're a little doll-like, but it is older tech, I think that for its time it looked good. I don't dislike TS4's sims, but I just wish we could have their facial structure and features like their lively eyes without the goofy expressions and the cartoony degree of stylization. I don't mind stylized realism at all, they are an improvement in a lot of ways, but I guess I would have liked something in between the two, if that makes sense. Not as cartoony as TS4, but more lifelike than TS3. I just never saw TS3's sims as being as bad looking as other people seem to think they are.

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • Options
    MUEHARIMUEHARI Posts: 133 New Member
    edited July 2014
    Get rid of the CC and modded sliders. Use a vanilla sim.

And, your wrong, in my opinion. The Sims 4 sims actually look really realistic. Like, seriously.

tumblr_myxydox9rC1sh6xelo3_r2_1280.jpg

This is a mock-up sims 4 sim with CC that someone created. She looks super realistic to me. (I don't like the hair, though)
  • Options
    rockyhorror248rockyhorror248 Posts: 80 New Member
    edited July 2014
    MUEHARI wrote:

And, your wrong, in my opinion. The Sims 4 sims actually look really realistic. Like, seriously.

This is a mock-up sims 4 sim with CC that someone created. She looks super realistic to me. (I don't like the hair, though)
    If cc hair looks like that I will die of happiness. The hair really changes everything to me.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    For my favorite CC mock of TS4 in realism I like this best
    TheSims4-CustomContent.jpg

I don't like realism look I like them to look realistic ((Alive//face expression)) but i prefer it to be cartoon stylized. If I did want realism I'd grab a CC like the one dude up there.
    luchad.pngluucha.gif
  • Options
    JazminAdoreJazminAdore Posts: 1,434 Member
    edited July 2014
    To bad TS4 doesn't have a ton of cc so you could make an accurate comparison. I love TS3 cc but without it there is no contest.
    1238765_10201357648636928_204929354_n.jpg
  • Options
    rockyhorror248rockyhorror248 Posts: 80 New Member
    edited July 2014
    UtaDagda wrote:

I don't like realism look I like them to look realistic ((Alive//face expression)) but i prefer it to be cartoon stylized. If I did want realism I'd grab a CC like the one dude up there.
    Too real D: There comes a point in time when cc drags you right into Uncanny Valley.
  • Options
    MUEHARIMUEHARI Posts: 133 New Member
    edited July 2014
    UtaDagda wrote:

That looks awesome! :shock: ! I remember seeing that on these forums somewhere. I wouldn't have that in my game, as it would creep me out (Uncanny Valley, anyone?), but it still looks good.

:-)
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    MUEHARI wrote:

Well, I think that TS4's sims will probably look very nice with CC. I think with some better hair and some details like more realistic eyelashes, they could probably look pretty amazing (I don't care for the hair in that pic either, though). Like I said, I think they have great facial structure and nice eyes. I still wonder what they'll look like with more realistic CC once they start flapping their arms and doing all of those crazy eyebrow emotions. :P

Anyway, even though I like a lot of things about them, I still think people are a little hard on TS3's "vanilla" sims. :)

IHJCfa6.jpg
  • Options
    Alysha1988Alysha1988 Posts: 3,452 Member
    edited July 2014
    As much as I dislike ts4 you really cannot compare a sims 3 sim loaded to the brim with CC to a vanilla sims 4 sim. People always used to do the same when trying to argue that sims 2 sims looked better than sims 3 sims but it just doesn't work. You need to compare vanilla to vanilla or CC to CC.
  • Options
    2011simone2011simone Posts: 2,444 Member
    edited July 2014
    compare it with a sim without a ton of CC that looks similar.................
    My origin id is sim2011
  • Options
    DezmeriaDezmeria Posts: 1,458 Member
    edited July 2014
    I personally prefer the look of Sims in 3. To me The Sims in 4 look like I flipped on the Sunday morning cartoon channel. I'm sure I'll get used to in time but it does not mean I'll ever break out the poms-poms and be all excited about the style.

FYI: I am not comparing the load CC Sim in 3 to the Non CC Sim from 4 from the oringal poster. Just my general opinion because I do NOT use CC to enhance my Sims looks in 3. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top