Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How would TS4 look if they didn't cater to low end pc?

Comments

• Options
    Callum9432Callum9432 Posts: 6,462 Member
    edited July 2014
    Goodywood wrote:
    I remember this render when Sims 3 was announced.

thesims3-couch.jpg

I would love this.
    Yes, that would be a really nice look for The Sims as well.

I also agree with GreenCats, Medieval had really nice graphics.
  • Options
    PosterGirlPosterGirl Posts: 641 Member
    edited July 2014
    Goodywood wrote:
    I remember this render when Sims 3 was announced.

thesims3-couch.jpg

I would love this.

I remember that picture too! Everything was so clear and sharp. My TS3 game didn't look bad at all. The computer I had at the time was only a year old. I had spent money on a new graphics card and added in some extra RAM. For me, it was the art style of the sims themselves that I disliked in TS3.
  • Options
    GreenCatsGreenCats Posts: 9,318 Member
    edited July 2014
    I think the thread title is too long - I'm having to quick reply.
    You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    That looks beautiful, Goodywood! I would love that too.
    You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Goodywood wrote:
    Callum9432 wrote:
    Goodywood wrote:
    Callum9432 wrote:
    I have to say, I really like GTA's graphics, but I don't think they're right for The Sims.

The bottom two images are of SimCity, but I believe they are from one of the trailers and are "touched up" a little. The images I posted before are a more accurate example of how it looks in-game.

Oh I see. And I also just watch a little gameplay video. It does look nice.
    SimCity, for me, is a perfect example of how a current-gen Will Wright/Maxis game should look. I like the way that, as COOLGAME8013 said, it's actually quite realistic, especially up close, but it still very much has that Sims look to it. The tilt-shift effect is a really nice touch, but I don't think that would suit The Sims as well as it suits SimCity.

I think GTA V has amazing graphics for a realistic game. In fact, coincidentally, I was just thinking about it about an hour ago, considering pre-ordering it closer to release. But I don't personally think it suits the sort of quirky, humourous and often slightly silly gameplay that The Sims has.

And besides the graphics it'd be nice if the world was that busy and full of life. But I guess that would be too much? :?
    To be fair, The Sims does have a lot more to process behind the scenes than GTA, because the inactive characters are being fully simulated, but it would be great if we could have a world as lively and active as GTA in The Sims.
  • Options
    GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,615 Member
    edited July 2014
    Evalen wrote:
    Goodywood wrote:
    I just want an example of what we could get. I always wondered how good the Sims can look since Sims 2. So I wonder how could/should TS4 look by now with it being 2014?

I would like to see photos as examples if you guys don't mind. :oops:

I don't know but I'll tell you this, I use to play Pirates of the Caribbean and loved it. I played for quite awhile, then one day I upgraded, I am not sure if it was my ram or graphics and when I did, all of a sudden I saw more things that I never could see before. I was like wow.

lol I agree I did that with TS2, and I saw so much detail. I upgraded for TS3 too, but the texture detail didn't improve much, but the animation was sooo smooth.
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Callum9432 wrote:
    Goodywood wrote:
    Callum9432 wrote:
    Goodywood wrote:
    Callum9432 wrote:
    I have to say, I really like GTA's graphics, but I don't think they're right for The Sims.

The bottom two images are of SimCity, but I believe they are from one of the trailers and are "touched up" a little. The images I posted before are a more accurate example of how it looks in-game.

SimCity, for me, is a perfect example of how a current-gen Will Wright/Maxis game should look. I like the way that, as COOLGAME8013 said, it's actually quite realistic, especially up close, but it still very much has that Sims look to it. The tilt-shift effect is a really nice touch, but I don't think that would suit The Sims as well as it suits SimCity.

I think GTA V has amazing graphics for a realistic game. In fact, coincidentally, I was just thinking about it about an hour ago, considering pre-ordering it closer to release. But I don't personally think it suits the sort of quirky, humourous and often slightly silly gameplay that The Sims has.

And besides the graphics it'd be nice if the world was that busy and full of life. But I guess that would be too much? :?
    To be fair, The Sims does have a lot more to process behind the scenes than GTA, because the inactive characters are being fully simulated, but it would be great if we could have a world as lively and active as GTA in The Sims.

Oh I meant SC, but I guess that applies to this game as well?
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • Options
    Jameskewl8Jameskewl8 Posts: 66 New Member
    edited July 2014
    GreenCats wrote:

6a22ec1372350bb64757502d070d8492.jpg
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    edited July 2014
    Halle_M wrote:
    Snip*

I wonder what it would look like if Thomas Kinkade were alive and worked for Pixar." :?

I mean, those windows in Sims 4. Just, WHAT.

These windows? Yeah, that is a poor excuse for glass, if that is what you are referring to.

I did noticed this before when looking at TS4 pictures, they are really saturated for color. It seems like a marketing tactic for making the game look more vibrant. It's a bit overwhelming for me.
    YTo2OntzOjI6ImlkIjtpOjk1ODY0MTtzOjE6InciO2k6OTU4O3M6MToiaCI7aTo1Mzg7czoxOiJjIjtpOjA7czoxOiJzIjtpOjE7czoxOiJrIjtzOjQwOiJhNWVmZjIzYzY5MmUz-1.png

If I get this game, I am turning down the color saturation on my video card so it;s more like this.
    Well maybe a little more color than this, but I think you get the point.
    desaturated.jpg
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    MissHoney118MissHoney118 Posts: 1,403 Member
    edited July 2014
    GreenCats wrote:
    Yes, same for me.

I like the style of the world in TSM. However, I'm not too fond of the sims themselves.

Edit- It worked without quick reply now.
    23u1xdu.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Jameskewl8 wrote:
    [snip]

I was getting an error message when I tried to post. Sometimes this happens when the thread title is very long. This thread has quite a long title.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Goodywood wrote:
    Callum9432 wrote:
    Goodywood wrote:
    Callum9432 wrote:
    Goodywood wrote:
    Callum9432 wrote:

Oh, sorry, I misunderstood. Yes, I would think the same applies to SimCity. They're not easy to compare, because they focus on different areas, but as far as I'm aware, SimCity's AI focuses entirely on one area (commuting), which is why it can be so complex in that area, whereas the AI for The Sims focuses on multiple areas, and has to have a certain standard of complexity for each. In general, I would think The Sims' AI has to be a lot more in-depth and complex.

But, same as before, I do agree that it would be great if we could have a world that active in The Sims.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    GreenCats wrote:
    I really liked the way TSM looked - gorgeously painterly and imaginative but still very detailed.

Sharpen it up a bit because we're three years on, and I think something like this would be perfect.

Oh yes. I played TSM, and I did like the look of the Sims. They have a softer look (IMO) than TS3 Sims. I guess the Sims in TSM have more a of a realistic look than cartoony look, but still feels like the Sims.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Jameskewl8 wrote:
    GreenCats wrote:

Long titles causes issues for threads.
    I had a heck of time trying to post in this thread.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    CK213 wrote:
    These windows? Yeah, that is a poor excuse for glass, if that is what you are referring to.

Oh those windows look bad! Maybe it's so the game doesn't have to render all the furniture inside the house? But then why not just make it an option? :(
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    GreenCats wrote:
    CK213 wrote:

Oh those windows look bad! Maybe it's so the game doesn't have to render all the furniture inside the house? But then why not just make it an option? :(
    The windows in TS4 seem to turn opaque when zoomed out, knowing what we know now about the world, I would guess that it happens for inactive lots. On an active lot they are transparent, but they still have faint white streaks, which is used to represent glass in some styles of painting - it's also similar to the symbol used for glass in technical drawings.
  • Options
    SadieD123SadieD123 Posts: 1,317 Member
    edited July 2014
    Well honestly I'm not asking for too much, I don't think. I'm not looking for hyper realistic sims or GTA 5 graphics, but I definitely expected something better than a bad 2006 animated cartoon. What I was hoping for was Sims 3 with CC basically. CC hair, eyes, skin, clothing. That would have made me happy.

I don't know if I can find the picture or not but a while ago CK213 posted a picture of one of his sims and she was sooooo pretty! I think he said her name was Jessica or something? Anyway she had on a red dress and she had really nice black hair and she was just so pretty!!! Her skin her hair. I couldn't really see her eyes but she was quite literally what I was hoping the Sims 4 would look like. And they could honestly keep the Sims 3 environment the same because I think all of them are absolutely stunning. I mean even in the picture the background was really nice even though it was only like a kitchen or something.

I'm not sure if CK will see this or not but if he does maybe you could help me out. :P
    275f503fc4c6c8ef197baeea76ebe0f91373200482_full_zpscc1a19512.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Callum9432 wrote:
    Goodywood wrote:
    Callum9432 wrote:
    Goodywood wrote:
    Callum9432 wrote:
    Goodywood wrote:
    Callum9432 wrote:

Oh, sorry, I misunderstood. Yes, I would think the same applies to SimCity. They're not easy to compare, because they focus on different areas, but as far as I'm aware, SimCity's AI focuses entirely on one area (commuting), which is why it can be so complex in that area, whereas the AI for The Sims focuses on multiple areas, and has to have a certain standard of complexity for each. In general, I would think The Sims' AI has to be a lot more in-depth and complex.

But, same as before, I do agree that it would be great if we could have a world that active in The Sims.

Oh np!

And I see what you mean! Thank you for explaining more in-depth. It would be great to have a world like this though.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    CK213 wrote:
    Jameskewl8 wrote:
    GreenCats wrote:

Long titles causes issues for threads.
    I had a heck of time trying to post in this thread.

Oh I'm sorry guys. :oops: :oops: Maybe I should shorten it?
  • Options
    kirby356kirby356 Posts: 4,607 Member
    edited July 2014
    Halle_M wrote:
    Goodywood wrote:
    GTA has really nice graphics. I would love to see that one day.

GTA_5_PC_57721.jpg

I would be over the moon if my Sims game looked like that. I would be SO excited. I am not excited for the current graphics, which look like someone's thought experiment of "I wonder what it would look like if Thomas Kinkade were alive and worked for Pixar." :?

I mean, those windows in Sims 4. Just, WHAT.

I would too. I'd buy the game in a heartbeat if the graphics were like that. It'd be amazing.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Callum9432 wrote:
    GreenCats wrote:
    CK213 wrote:

The windows in TS4 seem to turn opaque when zoomed out, knowing what we know now about the world, I would guess that it happens for inactive lots. On an active lot they are transparent, but they still have faint white streaks, which is used to represent glass in some styles of painting - it's also similar to the symbol used for glass in technical drawings.

I think that lot is probably active because of all the sims on it. But, yes, maybe it's because it's zoomed out :)
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    SadieD123 wrote:

I'm not sure if CK will see this or not but if he does maybe you could help me out. :P

Jessica Talon, the vampire?
    Screenshot-1476.jpg
  • Options
    imPaCman007imPaCman007 Posts: 30 New Member
    edited July 2014
    The nice thing about PC gaming is a lot of how the game can look is scalable according to options.. As long as you have a decent base you can change things to improve visual quality according to computer specs, mainly video card. Such as putting options in for higher resolution or better textures, anti aliasing, particle effects, bloom, shadow quality, anisotropic filtering, etc.. These can all tax system resources but make incredible improvements to the visual quality of a game. It is whether or not they choose to implement these graphical features.
    This is one reason I have not purchased an EA sports game for PC in a long long time. They chose not to make it scalable so it was designed to only run on old computers. Also, when they said they had included features on the box, those features weren't implemented in the PC version. This is one rare instance where a console version of a game looks feels and plays a whole lot better.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Goodywood wrote:

No worries! I see you've already shortened it - thanks :)
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    GreenCats wrote:
    Goodywood wrote:

No worries! I see you've already shortened it - thanks :)

NP

Did it help? :)