Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I still want a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 Wagon/Vardo

Like THIS!

roof_up_original.jpg

This beautiful thing is made with CC and can be found here:
http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8016168

But, of course, I want one that does not rely on CC. I soooo want to make a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 encampment and use the wonderful wagon dressers from World of Wonder with it! I just NEED this! LOL

Comments

• Options
    amjoieamjoie Posts: 3,516 Member
    edited July 2014
    AmaraRena wrote:
    Like THIS!

roof_up_original.jpg

But, of course, I want one that does not rely on CC. I soooo want to make a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 encampment and use the wonderful wagon dressers from World of Wonder with it! I just NEED this! LOL

So, what you really need is a rounded top "roof" object, a wheel of an appropriate size that places without cheats, and a horse hitch or trailer hitch.

To flesh out the set, some pot and pan clutter and a big cook pot over an open fire, some wallpapers that give the "decorated by an artist" feeling for the exterior, some new outdoor non-electric lights, a campfire for group conversation/singing/story telling, and a new "🐸🐸🐸🐸 dance" animation.

Hows that for a wish list?
  • Options
    AmaraRenaAmaraRena Posts: 6,533 Member
    edited July 2014
    amjoie wrote:
    AmaraRena wrote:
    Like THIS!

roof_up_original.jpg

So, what you really need is a rounded top "roof" object, a wheel of an appropriate size that places without cheats, and a horse hitch or trailer hitch.

To flesh out the set, some pot and pan clutter and a big cook pot over an open fire, some wallpapers that give the "decorated by an artist" feeling for the exterior, some new outdoor non-electric lights, a campfire for group conversation/singing/story telling, and a new "🐸🐸🐸🐸 dance" animation.

That wish list freaking ROCKS!
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    AmaraRena wrote:
    amjoie wrote:
    AmaraRena wrote:
    Like THIS!

roof_up_original.jpg

That wish list freaking ROCKS!

Well, feel free to add any clutter that you think should be seen in a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 camp. I'm not sure exactly what kind of "feel" you are trying to achieve.

(I know you'd have horses, etc, but all that came with Pets. So nothing "horsey" is still needed.)
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited July 2014
    I saw some cc 🐸🐸🐸🐸 wagon pieces the other day and thought they were awesome! Curved roof pieces would be useful for many things. I've found myself wishing for them quite often recently.

Another type of roof décor I'd like would be angled gables. Like the existing roofs, but on an angle. I ALWAYS need them and end up having to put on a stupid round roof or something blah that doesn't fit with the build. When I load my game I'll post a pic of the problem. Sorry for derailing the topic again. :oops:

I like the 🐸🐸🐸🐸/traveller theme. I'd be interested in more content.

How about beaded curtains? Not attached to doors, but they could be placed over them. I'd like loose ones, and also some that are pulled t one side. The panels could be placed next to each other to create longer strips of beads.

This is some Late Night concept art that SimGuruSarah posted on Twitter. I like this look:

LNconceptart.jpg

I know that's not exactly 🐸🐸🐸🐸 but I think they fit the theme.

fa11d7785120a04aa6f4982fcbf328a6.jpg

48cd70a45eeb11e384c90e6362b12419_8-400x400.jpg

b41da9ed2fc0054c62e886870c90bd37.jpg

Ummm.. fabric strips or crocheted wall art?

il_570xN.564617471_6o7z.jpg

d7ed5c724fd78e21130530bb4655511f.jpg

Oh! I LOVE these woven rag rugs! My Dad has one!

87463790_XS.jpg?w=442&h=442&keep_ratio=1

Scatter cushions?

Fairy lights?

513985402_08a7dd2a70.jpg

I would love a horse and cart like this:

bowagon.jpg

If it can't be a working vehicle, I'd take an ambitious mimic of a chair or just a décor one, as long as it was at the right height for a horse if I wanted to set up a screenshot using MOO.

Oooh... I like this bunk bed with a cupboard underneath! (also note the spinning wheel)

[img]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-LLCPGaPtLdk/UEcDR5DgM9I/AAAAAAAAHr8/zCWrvdh8e-E/s1600/🐸🐸🐸🐸+wagon+bedroom.jpg[/img]

-end of spam-
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    That is some AWESOME spam Cinderelli! And a big YES to all of it! LOL
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I want the multi-colored braided "rag" rug under the spinning wheel.

That's where a lot of old clothes ended up, in a new rug for the kitchen or bedroom. And when the rag rug was worn out past redemption, it served an after-life out in the barn, until it finally became worth nothing more than a source of mouse or barn cat nesting material. It was finally relegated to fuel for a fire, to help warm the pigs.

We recycled without knowing we were doing it, back then.

Eco friendly sims NEED a rag rug. They could get a recycled moodlet for buying it. LOL
  • Options
    Halle_MHalle_M Posts: 6,539 Member
    edited July 2014
    I was driving through the Cotswolds when I saw an actual Vardo parked just off the road. The horses were hobbled and grazing nearby, while a woman was stirring a black iron pot on a tripod over an open fire.

I almost crashed the car. I think my neck turned clear around, like an owl's, because I couldn't stop looking at that scene. It was like something straight out of the 1600s. It's forever emblazoned in my mind.

In the UK people will take those old Vardos and refurbish them and put them in the garden. I guess they have teatime in them or use them for extra guest quarters. They're completely beautiful.

It would be fun to put something like that in our sims' gardens, so they can use the new tea set and invite guests over.

I think I'll download that Vardo, lol. I've been cramming so much CC into my game, what's one more set? :P
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    amjoie wrote:
    I want the multi-colored braided "rag" rug under the spinning wheel.

That's where a lot of old clothes ended up, in a new rug for the kitchen or bedroom. And when the rag rug was worn out past redemption, it served an after-life out in the barn, until it finally became worth nothing more than a source of mouse or barn cat nesting material. It was finally relegated to fuel for a fire, to help warm the pigs.

We recycled without knowing we were doing it, back then.

Eco friendly sims NEED a rag rug. They could get a recycled moodlet for buying it. LOL

Gah! I'm kicking myself! I JUST took two huge bags of old clothes to the rag shop today. I could have made rag rugs! :cry:
  • Options
    dizzydeedizzydee Posts: 1,269 Member
    edited July 2014
    I love these idea. I often end up using the FT wagon from SN just for the look - even tho it's not really the "look" I want.

You could work a lot things into this: 🐸🐸🐸🐸, boho, shabby chic, camping - sitting around a fire telling tales - the swish and clack of a beaded curtain - long swirling skirts*.

And of course, my favorite, tons of clutter.

*Elders included, please.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Halle_M wrote:

In the UK people will take those old Vardos and refurbish them and put them in the garden. I guess they have teatime in them or use them for extra guest quarters. They're completely beautiful.

It would be fun to put something like that in our sims' gardens, so they can use the new tea set and invite guests over.

Oh, I didn't recognise you with your new avvi! :XD:

That sounds gorgeous! I'd love to do something like that! But knowing how many creepy crawlies are in my garden, it'd end up being a spider hotel. :?
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Halle_M wrote:

That sounds gorgeous! I'd love to do something like that! But knowing how many creepy crawlies are in my garden, it'd end up being a spider hotel. :?

Oh, but Cinderellimouse, your garden mice would just LOVE a nice warm, snugly home. ;)
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited July 2014
    I want
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    edited July 2014

I'm protesting the exclusion of toddlers from Sims 4! :twisted:

lol, yes, I think the bugs would enjoy it just as much as us. But it would be worth it!

Parked in the garden:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTAjVL7q0bYstkSRUgnpWNzscTbjlKdQ5oQVxsUCX8_odpddEG4mg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRAdxph_q_2S-OqcOnkpU0Ea_sjVpDOINIMfsEcv5XFim50Ee4lSg

and the interior possibilities:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTbOcfn6cjwPEg3GLIhUowIdX6gMYUIvE6_logX-Xyt88yDmqz0_g

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRHh1XzTZwV9itkrMR7Y6BdURTsJTUWO5ZQUbp2TI6g9vGr0hP8_g

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQaYnoMtqGTNQCMR_PsJsOOD1Xn6GC3ODN33_m39b7s51M3iCPI

Plus, you're owning a piece of history! I want one in real life. I'm going to have to live vicariously through my sims, however; I'm going to be spending some extended time in South America and it wouldn't really be practical to pack a Vardo. :P
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Halle_M wrote:

I'm protesting the exclusion of toddlers from Sims 4! :twisted:

lol, yes, I think the bugs would enjoy it just as much as us. But it would be worth it!

Parked in the garden:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTAjVL7q0bYstkSRUgnpWNzscTbjlKdQ5oQVxsUCX8_odpddEG4mg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRAdxph_q_2S-OqcOnkpU0Ea_sjVpDOINIMfsEcv5XFim50Ee4lSg

and the interior possibilities:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTbOcfn6cjwPEg3GLIhUowIdX6gMYUIvE6_logX-Xyt88yDmqz0_g

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRHh1XzTZwV9itkrMR7Y6BdURTsJTUWO5ZQUbp2TI6g9vGr0hP8_g

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQaYnoMtqGTNQCMR_PsJsOOD1Xn6GC3ODN33_m39b7s51M3iCPI

Plus, you're owning a piece of history! I want one in real life. I'm going to have to live vicariously through my sims, however; I'm going to be spending some extended time in South America and it wouldn't really be practical to pack a Vardo. :P

WONDERFUL pics! And yes I want one in real life too! I'd make it into a little writing and reading and possibly painting retreat out in my back yard. And maybe a second one to have for a little guest room! Unfortunately, here in Florida, it would also have to be air conditioned which is not only terribly impractical but would also ruin the look. :( So, you're not the only one living vicariously through your Sims! LOL So what are you going to be doing in South America? Sounds exciting!
  • Options
    SuttiPuttSuttiPutt Posts: 3,620 Member
    edited July 2014
    I think something like this would be great to go with our carnival set.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    AmaraRena wrote:
    WONDERFUL pics! And yes I want one in real life too! I'd make it into a little writing and reading and possibly painting retreat out in my back yard. And maybe a second one to have for a little guest room! Unfortunately, here in Florida, it would also have to be air conditioned which is not only terribly impractical but would also ruin the look. :( So, you're not the only one living vicariously through your Sims! LOL

Yeah, you'd have to disguise the air conditioner somehow. :twisted: Maybe make a false front to look like firewood or something.
    So what are you going to be doing in South America? Sounds exciting!

I travel write for a living and South America is kind of on the cusp of a booming tourism Renaissance. It's also becoming a desirable place to retire. I'll be in Quito, mostly. It's a UNESCO World Heritage site with gorgeous old Spanish Colonial architecture. They've got some beautifully restored steam engines that leave from Quito, wind through the Andes and down to the coast, where you can then visit the Galapagos Islands. I want to spend a little time in Bogota and in the highlands of Peru, but it's definitely going to be Quito and environs for six months.

I might even stay longer and go further south. We'll see! I've been studying my pants off learning Spanish, lol. I reconfigured my computer for the Spanish keyboard, and now every time I try to punctuate something with the keys I'm used to, I end up with "ñ" or "é," lol.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    rosemow wrote:
    You might like this 🐸🐸🐸🐸 wagon build by Taryn
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/2475/498746.page#11905184

It's WONDERFUL! Thanks for pointing it out!
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    rosemow wrote:

What a clever build! I'll have to steal some of her building techniques for the fortune teller's community lot.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    amjoie wrote:
    rosemow wrote:

What a clever build! I'll have to steal some of her building techniques for the fortune teller's community lot.

A fortune teller's community lot? Oh now THAT I want to see!
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Oh wow! That really is a beautiful build!!!

I'm at the point in my world's development where I'm adding in my rabbithole rugs to make open workplaces. I still need to build my fortune telling wagon, so roof pieces would be handy. That build is very nice, I'll use it as inspiration in the meantime.

And because I can't resist picture spamming, this is the lot with the wagon. It's an 'empty' farmer's field next to the caravan park. In autumn the circus rolls into town! The 🐸🐸🐸🐸 wagon has kind of claimed the spot all year round though. The traveling community have to make use of these deserted fields! :lol:

Screenshot-96-1.jpg

Screenshot-98-1.jpg

Screenshot-100-2.jpg

Screenshot-101-1.jpg

Screenshot-105-1.jpg

Screenshot-102-1.jpg

Screenshot-103.jpg

Screenshot-104.jpg

Screenshot-99-1.jpg

When I start playing with my psychic sim, I want her to have a little shop on the lot selling 'healing' crystals from the ITF plants; gemstones; and maybe elixers. :)
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    AmaraRena wrote:
    amjoie wrote:
    rosemow wrote:

A fortune teller's community lot? Oh now THAT I want to see!

Well, I haven't even built it, yet. LOL ;)
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Oh wow! That really is a beautiful build!!!

I'm at the point in my world's development where I'm adding in my rabbithole rugs to make open workplaces. I still need to build my fortune telling wagon, so roof pieces would be handy. That build is very nice, I'll use it as inspiration in the meantime.

And because I can't resist picture spamming, this is the lot with the wagon. It's an 'empty' farmer's field next to the caravan park. In autumn the circus rolls into town! The 🐸🐸🐸🐸 wagon has kind of claimed the spot all year round though. The traveling community have to make use of these deserted fields! :lol:

Screenshot-99-1.jpg

When I start playing with my psychic sim, I want her to have a little shop on the lot selling 'healing' crystals from the ITF plants; gemstones; and maybe elixers. :)

I love how you recolored that tent, for the crystal ball.
  • Options
    suepeasuepea Posts: 1,832 Member
    edited July 2014
    I am glad dear Rose gave the link for Taryn's fabulous lot. I was just about to do that when I saw her post. I love the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 Caravan. It's one of my favorite lots to play! So sweet and full of magic.
    h2xmsbl]