Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Custom skins don't appear in CAS

So, I just downloaded three S-Club skins. I can't remember their exact names, but the file names show I have F1.0A, F1.0C, and FM-2.0A. Now, I am playing on an account on my computer that has never had TS3 custom content installed before, so when I wanted custom skins for this account I had to set up the Mods folder for the first time, however I know I did it right because I have the "No Intro" mod installed, and it it works perfectly. So it is strictly a CC skin issue. I haven't tried downloading any other kind of CC, like clothes or hair or whatever to see if it's just the skin, but I think I recall having this same issue with S-Club skins before. Does anyone have any solutions? If not, got any suggestions for custom skins that don't come from S-Club? :D

Oh, also, I have cleared my cache numerous times and tried moving the skins to the Override folder as opposed to the Packages folder; neither remedy worked. I've also tried scrolling to see if they're just further down from the EA skins, but that too came up useless.

Thanks!
44444.gif

Comments

• Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    edited June 2014
    I don't know about your issue with it not showing up, but Let Them Eat Burnt Waffles has a few good skins that I use. Have you tried those? I'd link, but not sure I can. You should have no problems googling them though.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    edited June 2014
    one thing with skins is you cant have the default and non default installed at the same time.they should cancel each other out. also u can only have one default of any kind. whenever a skin doesnt show up i review the files iinstalled. also i myself always only select non default to avoid any issues and do test another skin from another source to just confirm your mods folder is working properly for all files, if not reinstall resource file

hth
  • Options
    ecole44ecole44 Posts: 509 New Member
    edited June 2014
    ceejay402 wrote:
    one thing with skins is you cant have the default and non default installed at the same time.they should cancel each other out. also u can only have one default of any kind. whenever a skin doesnt show up i review the files iinstalled. also i myself always only select non default to avoid any issues and do test another skin from another source to just confirm your mods folder is working properly for all files, if not reinstall resource file

hth

You actually can have as many non-defaults as you want, and only one default. The issue the OP seems to be having is that she hasn't cleared her caches. You have to clear one of your caches for skins to appear (I don't remember which, but it's one with like CAS in it or something). Also make sure you unzipped the file and they are in .package form not .zip or .rar.

Oh and here's the direct link for brntwaffles skins, my personal favorite too.
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    edited June 2014
    ecole44 wrote:
    ceejay402 wrote:

hth

You actually can have as many non-defaults as you want, and only one default. The issue the OP seems to be having is that she hasn't cleared her caches. You have to clear one of your caches for skins to appear (I don't remember which, but it's one with like CAS in it or something). Also make sure you unzipped the file and they are in .package form not .zip or .rar.

Oh and here's the direct link for brntwaffles skins, my personal favorite too.

sorry if this was confusing you cant have both default and nondefault of the same skin. of course you can have many non default versions of different skins - and OP has already cleaned caches
  • Options
    MelanieSimlishMelanieSimlish Posts: 4,432 Member
    edited June 2014
    Well, the good news is it's not an issue with my game. I installed a Buffy skin and it works perfectly fine, but the S-Club skins still don't work. Now that I think about it, I think I tried to download skins from them months ago and I had the same exact issue. Bummer; they make some beautiful skin tones that I'd love to use. :( But oh well, thanks everyone for the replies! :)
    44444.gif
  • Options
    KoumoriDiruKoumoriDiru Posts: 6,681 Member
    edited June 2014
    That's really weird cos sometimes the S-Club skins appear in CAS for me, and then other times only half of them do- and it's normally the one I want to use that doesn't appear :roll: So I shut down the game and restart it, and then the skin I want to use shows up, but others that appeared before have suddenly gone :roll:
    tumblr_nvbyvezH0b1uvyu9yo8_r1_400.gif