Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Let's talk clothes and egality between sexes

I know this could sound weird, but, do you think their will be morefeminineclothes for men and more masculine ones for women? I know it is strange, but I don't speak about dresses/skirts but, you know, more thight and shorter clothes for men and suits, baggy shirts for women... I think it would be more fair, knowing that boyish girls and feminine man exists...

Comments

• Options
    MissHoney118MissHoney118 Posts: 1,403 Member
    edited June 2014
    It doesn't sound strange to me. :)
    I want dresses/skirts, heels and fabulous hairdos for men and baggier clothes for women.

The heteronormativity in our society needs to be broken. What determines what a man/woman can and cannot wear?

Heteronormativity includes so much more than just clothes etc though, but that's OT.
    23u1xdu.gif
  • Options
    VININIANNEVININIANNE Posts: 252 Member
    edited June 2014
    Does someone has something to say regarding this?
  • Options
    LadyWhiteFaithLadyWhiteFaith Posts: 254 New Member
    edited June 2014
    VININIANNE wrote:
    I know this could sound weird, but, do you think their will be morefeminineclothes for men and more masculine ones for women? I know it is strange, but I don't speak about dresses/skirts but, you know, more thight and shorter clothes for men and suits, baggy shirts for women... I think it would be more fair, knowing that boyish girls and feminine man exists...

I am 100% supporting this idea! (as I'm an active LGBT and equality supporter) I think we are a mature fanbase and we can view this from an open-minded point of view (I hope, at least).
    Not every woman dresses girly, classy; and not every man dresses suit&tie.

I would absolutely love to see diversity in the clothing options. :mrgreen:
    It doesn't sound strange to me. :)
    I want dresses/skirts, heels and fabulous hairdos for men and baggier clothes for women.

The heteronormativity in our society needs to be broken. What determines what a man/woman can and cannot wear?

Heteronormativity includes so much more than just clothes etc though, but that's OT.

Well said, girl! Well said! :thumbup:
    There are so many stereotypes created by the society regarding sexes, and I hope that EA hears us. I want to have the freedom in TS4 to play as I want. If I'm not wrong, there were some feminine clothing options for men in TS3, I think they came with a stuff-pack though (Movie Stuff?...I may be wrong)

~LWF
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Thank you MissHaney118! I was scared of being the only person twinking over this. Because if gay relationships are in the game, why can't men and women put the clothes of the "other gender" ?!!?!
  • Options
    LadyWhiteFaithLadyWhiteFaith Posts: 254 New Member
    edited June 2014
    VININIANNE wrote:
    Thank you MissHaney118! I was scared of being the only person twinking over this. Because if gay relationships are in the game, why can't men and women put the clothes of the "other gender" ?!!?!

http://i.gyazo.com/378ac42ab96de8c7ac321ca0d54b59d6.png
    http://i.gyazo.com/f726a28c9e32490f217b36ad351071b2.png

I knew there were some clothes like these in a SP! (If anyone asks, this is from Movie Stuff Pack).

I want to see more of these! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Sorry, I posted in the same time as you LadyWhiteFaith, I see that there are other people who thinks likes that. I hope that there will be a cheat that will let us use clothes of either gender at least :) (and that they will keep motherload...what?it can be usefull! :) )
  • Options
    wickedjr89wickedjr89 Posts: 1,777 Member
    edited June 2014
    I love this idea and have been hoping for it. Either more masculine clothes for women and more feminine clothes for men or just outright being able to wear the other gender's clothes.

I am a woman but I am not a girly girl...give me the baggier more masculine boys clothes any day please! So much less hassle! Girls clothes it's like :shock: in so many ways and with my medical issues I just want comfy fitting clothes...which doesn't seem to happen with girls clothes.

Clothes are clothes. As long as someone isn't naked I don't care what they wear :)
  • Options
    DrewRowlandDrewRowland Posts: 2,057 Member
    edited June 2014
    How about more masculine clothing for females, more feminine clothing for males, and the ability to wear whatever item of clothing regardless of gender.
  • Options
    Aotearoa13Aotearoa13 Posts: 309 Member
    edited June 2014
    Fine in real life where personal choice exists, but in my Sims game I only want to dress selected people that way.

I don't want all the men in frocks, which might happen if there's just a genderless pool of clothing for all.

Oh and why does 'heteronormativity' need to be broken? So that we can impose '***************'?

Isn't that just inverse 'genderism'? Just imposing a whole new set of obligatory ways to think?

Hey I'm not allowed to say hom.onormativity???
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Aotearoa13, there won't if they do a cheatcode to let you chose clothes without regarding the gender. Like that, everyone would be happy!!! (Imagine the scene: Big guy, all muscly and wearing a tight dress...Wait, thats a pretty funny and awkward image I gave you right!?)But, the point is, it will let you add another dimention to the personnality( trough clothes) of your sim :) And would be great for those who are storymakers
  • Options
    DrewRowlandDrewRowland Posts: 2,057 Member
    edited June 2014
    Aotearoa13 wrote:

Oh and why does 'heteronormativity' need to be broken? So that we can impose '***************'?

Heteronormativity needs to be broken because it implies that heterosexuality is the default or the only "normal" orientation, which it is not.
    Isn't that just inverse 'genderism'? Just imposing a whole new set of obligatory ways to think?

Hey I'm not allowed to say hom.onormativity???

No, it is the opposite. It is breaking free of restrictive gender roles and stereotypes.

Edit. Wait were you referring to the destruction of heteronormativity? Getting rid of heteronormativity would just mean that heterosexuality would not be presented as the default or in ways that make non-heterosexual people the "other".
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Yep, definitly, there should be a cheat code for those who wants their sims to use clothes of the other gender too! Everyone will be happy and no one will see a random male bodybuilder sim in a tiny dress and hight heels if they NEVER wanted to see this image. Everyone is happy :)
  • Options
    ZerbuZerbu Posts: 3,457 Member
    edited June 2014
    I fully support this suggestion! In fact, I see no reason why it can't be included as a cheat code. There may be some technical limitations, but as a cheat code, EA won't have to take responsibility for them.
  • Options
    jade95006jade95006 Posts: 30
    edited June 2014
    Interesting idea but I highly doubt it will happen.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Why won't it happen? It is possible and I think it would be awesome! Sims has egality between sexes. So why is there a gap between sexes with the "what to wear and wath not to wear because of your gender"!? And with the Movie Stuff Pack, there were REALLY femenine clothes(sexy underwear :) ) for MALE SIMS. So, this is already a step made in Sims 3!
  • Options
    pguidapguida Posts: 7,481 Member
    edited June 2014
    VININIANNE wrote:

Things like this?

FOR MEN:

chris+as+cap+022.jpg

post-34874-0-78722500-1340996719.png

gay-wedding-fashion-sizzling-statements-orange-hot-coral-skinny-top-man.jpeg

02_.jpg

blanco-hombre-3.jpg

FOR WOMEN:

tumblr_mcdkw6nmyJ1qjuf7f.jpg

Facehunter-for-article.jpg

ellenpage-flare01.jpg

c33ccc1b5675f62e6ad4608d029945ee.jpg

I'm all for it!
  • Options
    DolceDeLuxDolceDeLux Posts: 95 New Member
    edited June 2014
    Those pictures make me wish I was flat-chested... I'd love for my sims to be able to dress like that so I can live through them lol
  • Options
    MissTexasBMissTexasB Posts: 372 Member
    edited June 2014
    I personally think this should be custom content. I don't want boys dressing like girls or girls dressing like boys in my game. I just had to add my 2 cents worth.
  • Options
    pguidapguida Posts: 7,481 Member
    edited June 2014
    MissTexasB wrote:
    I personally think this should be custom content. I don't want boys dressing like girls or girls dressing like boys in my game. I just had to add my 2 cents worth.

Well, I don't think the pictures I posted count as crossdressing.
  • Options
    Kamb64Kamb64 Posts: 2,546 Member
    edited June 2014
    pguida wrote:
    VININIANNE wrote:

Things like this?

FOR MEN:

chris+as+cap+022.jpg

post-34874-0-78722500-1340996719.png

gay-wedding-fashion-sizzling-statements-orange-hot-coral-skinny-top-man.jpeg

02_.jpg

blanco-hombre-3.jpg

FOR WOMEN:

tumblr_mcdkw6nmyJ1qjuf7f.jpg

Facehunter-for-article.jpg

ellenpage-flare01.jpg

c33ccc1b5675f62e6ad4608d029945ee.jpg

I'm all for it!

Yes please!
  • Options
    SchweighsrSchweighsr Posts: 3,342 Member
    edited June 2014
    I've had this complaint since TS2. Women's clothes often look as if they are painted on. I'd like something a little more modest at the very least. I am sick of all my Townies dressed as if they bought their clothes at HoMart. Even the pants-suits are too sexy.

And a definite yes to sexy clothes for men! There were one or two nice things in Late Night but for the most part male Sims wear boxy suits or separates.

Gender-bending clothes should be CC, though. I'd like a kilt that could be turned into a skirt for men, but nothing beyond that (personal preference).

As for the suggestion that all outfits should be available for both genders, that would require making two meshes for every outfit, which would cut the number of available outfits in half.

• Options
    edited June 2014
    pguida wrote:
    MissTexasB wrote:

Well, I don't think the pictures I posted count as crossdressing.

I wasn't talking about your pictures because I didn't see them until after I posted. But if those styles were in the game I definitely wouldn't chose some of them. Not a big fan of the skinny jeans for men or women, or short shorts for that matter.

Personally I like men to look like manly men and women to look like ladies. So to say the least I wouldn't like the cross dressing outfits either that some are wanting.

Now the Captain America picture that you had at the top I approve of it. Actually my pastor has a shirt similar to that and when he wears it I turn to his wife and give her a thumbs up, to be honest. LOL
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Like I said earlier: There could be a CHEATCODE that would let us use all the clothes without regarding the gender. Like this, you won't see a random bodybuilder sim in a tight dress and heels if you don't wan't to see it. It will only be if YOU wan't your sim to dress like this.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Schweighsr wrote:
    I've had this complaint since TS2. Women's clothes often look as if they are painted on. I'd like something a little more modest at the very least. I am sick of all my Townies dressed as if they bought their clothes at HoMart. Even the pants-suits are too sexy.

And a definite yes to sexy clothes for men! There were one or two nice things in Late Night but for the most part male Sims wear boxy suits or separates.

Gender-bending clothes should be CC, though. I'd like a kilt that could be turned into a skirt for men, but nothing beyond that (personal preference).

As for the suggestion that all outfits should be available for both genders, that would require making two meshes for every outfit, which would cut the number of available outfits in half.

Could not agree more about wanting more modest clothes for women! Having longer skirts and shorts would be great. Looser fitting outfits and simply being able to add a jacket or sweater would be great.
  • Options
    katrinakrakishkatrinakrakish Posts: 355 Member
    edited June 2014
    I totally agree with this!! Something else I would LOVE is more longer hair for men! I think I repeat this every time I comment. xD
    Origin account: Vegeta_tales
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top