Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CHAT THREAD :D *For all things nerdy; everyone welcome*

Hello *waves way too enthusiastically*

I'm EnvyAshleeyyy, or Ashley, or Envy. ;)

Most of my friends are in the Gift Gathering so I decided to start a chat thread in here! I'm a super nerd (seriously) and I figured one thing everyone on this site has in common is Sims, DUH! But friends usually have more than one thing in common so here is the place to talk about whatever you want!

I've made some very good friends on here recently and I'd like the chance to share the opportunity for others to make friends as well. Yes we could do this via email (personally I don't want to have 5 tabs open to talk to different people), we have our Page (but that doesn't give any notifications and I constantly feel I am ignoring people).

"So here it is the moment you've been waiting for!"
^^Guess the movie ;)

The only rule I have is to be nice to each other. If you have strong feelings against something someone posted and have become offended please contact me (my email is on my about me) and I will be happy to take care of it. Not that I think we will run into that situation just making it clear this is a fun, inviting, chatter filled thread and I want to keep it that way. :)

Also, please feel free to post pictures, I LOVE pictures! I know I will be. So if it's Sims, Disney, video games, books, movies ect. You may talk freely and openly here!

Welcome :D

Comments

• ShannenShannen Posts: 2,811 Member
    edited June 2014
    This is a brilliant idea! I have always tried to make out that I wasn't a nerd but the truth is, I am and my friends seem to be as well. I too have made some really nice friends here and I always worry that I have ignored someone.

Anyways my biggest nerd obsession is Alice in wonderland and Harry potter. Although I am sure that as this chat gets going more of my nerdy obsessions will arise.

tumblr_mae08wmM6i1rc6y5eo1_500.jpg

Oh and what do you know, they go in the same direction..
  • Peachy1102Peachy1102 Posts: 728 Member
    edited June 2014
    Ohhh yay Nerdie stuff I'm not alone for once :shock:

tumblr_inline_mvyy29YMYk1rylpdg_zpsa3d988e6.gif

I couldn't help It :lol:
  • ThelessyThelessy Posts: 1,764 Member
    edited June 2014
    Hi!
    *does a nerdy dance*

Big Whovian among other things. Current thing I am geeking out over a lot is Orphan Black, that show is crazy! Tatiana Maslany is brilliant.
    Don't spoil it for anyone that hasn't seen it yet though.
    If you haven't seen it yet, go watch it, seriously..go watch it.

Warning :twisted: it's not for kids, it's violent and creepy in places and has some adult language etc so it's not for youngsters or anyone that might be bothered by that kind of thing. :evil:
  • MizoreYukiiMizoreYukii Posts: 6,566 Member
    edited June 2014
    WHOOOO! *Runs around* Nerds unite! xD

I ish tired now ~o~ *Curls into ball on couch* Zzzzz....
  • cmbaker16cmbaker16 Posts: 9,172 Member
    edited June 2014
    oh boy...fellow nerds :mrgreen: I've bought popcorn anyone fancy a Harry Potter Movie marathon :mrgreen:
  • Peachy1102Peachy1102 Posts: 728 Member
    edited June 2014
    cmbaker16 wrote:
    oh boy...fellow nerds :mrgreen: I've bought popcorn anyone fancy a Harry Potter Movie marathon :mrgreen:

Giraffe dances in I'll join but I will cry!
  • EnvyAshleeyyyEnvyAshleeyyy Posts: 1,039 Member
    edited June 2014
    I am so HAPPY to see everyone rejoice!!! :D

I also love anything Alice in Wonderland and Harry Potter amongst other things!!! :)

Thelessy I can honestly say I have not seen Orphan Black but I will def check it out! If it's anything like American Horror Story I'll be happy :twisted:

Since Alice in Wonderland is brought up and we have been talking about it on many threads I would like to share my Cheshire tattoo :3

apbo9g.jpg

Obviously it's not pink/red that's right after I got it done :D
  • CandySims14CandySims14 Posts: 475 Member
    edited June 2014
    Oh my gosh, I think I'm going to fit right in here! I'm a nerd and proud of it!

I love Doctor Who, Harry Potter, and video games. I know there's more, but I'm drawing a blank at the moment.

I'm also a football (ok, soccer) fan. Not sure if that qualifies as nerdy. Anybody watching the World Cup?
    edited June 2014
    Welcome Candy (is that ok to call you that?) :D

We accept all nerdy kinds!!! I'm not much into sports occasionally American Football and ice skating. I don't know much about soccer! Although I did want to play one time...until the first time I played I tripped and broke my ankle :? I'm not graceful lol.
    edited June 2014
    Yes, Candy will work! :)

Soccer is the only sport I like to watch. I don't play any sports. I was never the athletic type. I much prefer watching TV, movies, or playing video games.

Love your location! :wink:
  • ThelessyThelessy Posts: 1,764 Member
    edited June 2014

Thelessy I can honestly say I have not seen Orphan Black but I will def check it out! If it's anything like American Horror Story I'll be happy :twisted:

I have not seen American Horror Story, so I cannot say if they are similar in any way. Orphan Black is a clever scifi show. It's fast paced, creepy at times and can be quite intense. Also witty, sometimes the humour is on the dark side though :twisted: .
    The cast is really good.
    It's the season finale tonight (I get to watch it tomorrow on amazon)so I am kind of on the edge of my seat, I also have to be careful to avoid anywhere online that might have spoilers which can be kind of tricky.

I'm also looking forward to the return of Defiance, I find the setting really interesting on that one, I like it when makers of a series put a lot of effort into the world they build.
    edited June 2014
    Thelessy wrote:

I have not seen American Horror Story, so I cannot say if they are similar in any way. Orphan Black is a clever scifi show. It's fast paced, creepy at times and can be quite intense. Also witty, sometimes the humour is on the dark side though :twisted: .
    The cast is really good.
    It's the season finale tonight (I get to watch it tomorrow on amazon)so I am kind of on the edge of my seat, I also have to be careful to avoid anywhere online that might have spoilers which can be kind of tricky.

I'm also looking forward to the return of Defiance, I find the setting really interesting on that one, I like it when makers of a series put a lot of effort into the world they build.

I'm not sure if American Horror Story is considered scifi it has to do with ghosts and ghouls! But is also creepy and intense with humor involved so I will check out Orphan Black :) I hope you don't run into any spoilers so you can fully enjoy the episode!

I haven't heard of that either :oops: I don't have cable, so if it's not on Netflix I generally don't know about it lol. I will look into that one too. I'm always up for something new :)
    edited June 2014
    Oh my dear friends, I must catch up :)

Peach; I know it's been ages since I have been able to get my nerd on without being given a *please go away look*. Ok seriously you need to stop with the doctor who pics..they crack me up so much that I am considering watching an ep. *Scared as all dr who fans glare at me as if I'm a weirdo for not watching dr who.* ps: Do not stop! I love them.

Thelessy, I don't think we have spoken so hello! I have not see that but you have perked my interest. Oh I love creepy and violent show/films..weird, I know as I'm usually as sweet as candy floss..only kidding. Welcome to the nerd thread :)

Mizzie..you are a nerd? Wow, I am shocked..so happy though! Nerd unite!

Cm: Hello my fellow nerd. Aww popcorn sounds amazing..oh don't tease me with a hp marathon. When was you thinking? I can't do today as I need to be up and brush tailed in the morning and last think I need is panda eyes after crying over Snape. *Blushes* Oh shut up! :)

Ashley! I love your tattoo, I want a tattoo with the white rabbit. Those on Pottermore should add us..it would be nice to have more friends on there as I only have you as my hp friend. AHS? Really? We have that in common too! Oh and as for calling Candy, Candy..is one of us now..so shortening her username should be acceptable. :)

Hi Candy! Yay for being a nerd! As for football..not a big fan but I support my country in the world cup..I think it could count as nerdy. I have a little think for horror maniacs..freddy, michael myers, jason voohees..*remembers the joy from finding him in dead island game.* ect and thats in the nerd shop thats local so that counts as nerdy, right? But like Ashley said, we accept all nerdy kinds and you might find a football fanatic here :)
    edited June 2014
    Thank you :D

I support that choice! I love tattoos and even more cartoon/movie tattoos!! My next one is going to be a half sleeve of the Little Mermaid, except it's going to be Little Mermaid meets Tim Burton so it should be wondrous :3

AH How can you not love AHS! I love how every season is a different story with the same crew, actually I think that is the only show that is works for. <3
    edited June 2014
    I'm starting my marathon sometime tonight :mrgreen: going to watch the 3rd and 4th movies as I watched 1 and 2 last night :lol:
    edited June 2014
    Very nice CM! :)
    I haven't watched the movies in soooo long that I need to..except Deathly Hollows, it makes me cry too much.

I can remember the first movie came out and I happened to be eleven years old and I was so excited I kept saying "If Hogwarts were real I would be in my first year!"

Yes anyone that has a Pottermore account I have my username if you would like to be friends on there :)
    edited June 2014
    well I just recently finished reading all the books yet again...so I decided to continue by watching the movies :lol:
    edited June 2014
    The first season of AHS is my favorite.

I also love any show or movie that has time travel in it.

I recently did a marathon viewing of Breaking Bad. That was awesome!

I'm also watching Fargo on FX ... the finale is on Tuesday.

(that was a bunch of random stuff I decided to throw out there) :)

edited June 2014

Yes anyone that has a Pottermore account I have my username if you would like to be friends on there :)

I loved the Harry Potter books, but I've never been on Pottermore. I need to check that out.

Oh - just thought of something else! The "Series of Unfortunate Events" books by Lemony Snicket. Yes, I read kids books. Loved those!
  • ForeverFranconiaForeverFranconia Posts: 2,154 Member
    edited June 2014
    Ive always was told that I was a nerd...and after a while it became something I was proud of...untill I realized

I have nothing I'm obsessed with...and all the typical "nerdy" things I have no interest in.

Well I used to as a child, but at of lately my only obsession is Sims.
    edited June 2014
    I have been wanting another tattoo for a few years now but White Rabbit would look amazing especially with his little pocket watch. :) Aww a Tim Burton twist on Ariel…I love it. You know what always bugs me about Ariel..her name is pronounced Orielle and Urielle..is Ariel pronounced Air-re-elle?

Cm, ok well I will skip the marathon this time but yes to text time..or even a yes to a marathon book read. I so want to read all that again. I usually turn to fan fiction for my hp needs but I need to reread the actual books again.

Candy, go get sorted on Pottermore and join us! We will still accept you regardless of your house..I promise :)

ForeverFranconia, you don't have to be obsessed with something to be a nerd. A nerd comes in many forms, perhaps you are a studious person which by default makes you a nerd.

edited June 2014
    CM I have only read the books once, mainly because
    I tend to remember most things I read :) I hope you enjoy your
    marathon! :)

Candy I personally loved the second season of AHS because it
    was so creepy! But the first one is very good. I have yet to
    see the third season because I don't have cable but I'm hoping
    it will be on Netflix soon enough! I suggest going on
    Pottermore, it's fun :D Series of Unfortunate Events was amazing!
    I loved those books and I loved the movie! I was sad that they
    didn't continue to make more of the movies.

ForeverFranconia you don't have to crazy about all this stuff
    you can talk about whatever you like :D Clearly we all love the
    Sims :D

Shannen I think it is an excellent idea for a tattoo :) What
    other tattoos do you have? I pronounce her name Air-re-elle
    as well. I always thought it was strange when it was pronounced
    differently than that. And yes I don't care what house people
    are ;)
    edited June 2014
    Isn't the sims classed as nerdy? My tattoo might seem dull compared to your cheshire cat one but it's just a little snow flake.
    They seem to be very popular though, these days. To me Ariel will always be Air-re-elle to me.
    My fave AHS as to be season 3, I loved Misty day and when Stevie Nicks cameo'd in it and sang Rhiannon and Seven Wonders I was so happy that I was singing along. Oops..have I spoiler'ed? :(
    Does anyone watch the Barely Political group on youtube?..I love their Superhero Therapy and ok one more time…I like the HP puppet pals. :)
    Ooh and maybe not that nerdy..unless vampires are nerdy..no I'm not gonna ask if you all like Twilight? hmm do you? haha no I was gonna say, do any of you like TruBlood?

• MizoreYukiiMizoreYukii Posts: 6,566 Member
    edited June 2014
    Shannen wrote:
    Mizzie..you are a nerd? Wow, I am shocked..so happy though! Nerd unite!
    Why are you shocked? O_O
    I love a lot of things, but please excuse me for others as I get into them late. :lol:
    For instance, I have yet to watch Doctor Who. :XD: *Runs off before she gets into trouble*
    *Peeks back in* But I'm a nerd for other things still. :lol:

Btw Thelessy, I LOVE Defiance! I even play the game. xD
    I need to watch the mini-series before the new seasons starts though. >_<
    edited June 2014
    That's not dull Shannen! I also have a vine wrapped around my ankle
    with my horoscope symbol, now that seems dull compared to my
    Cheshire cat lol. I think everyone gets something a little small
    for their first tattoo! That's what I did anyway! No it's not
    a spoiler because it doesn't give the story line away ;) I have never
    heard of Varely Political group, what is that? Who doesn't love the Harry
    Potter puppetpals?!?!? Tick, tick, tick.
    I love TruBlood but I must confess I haven't kept up with it :/
    I don't like watching things on the computer so I'm pretty limited at the moment
    well I've been limited for the past 15 months :) haha

Yay Mizzie :)
    I also have never watched Doctor Who! :( I've heard only good
    things about it, I just never took the time to watch it. Probably because
    I keep watching reruns of Family Guy.....hahaha.