Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Oz is done! New Pictures

Comments

• SandraKBSandraKB Posts: 385 Member
    edited August 2014
    I still can't see your media page.

I can see your patterns and they look great!

I am going to try testing the new version today. I have a problem with one of the lots not letting me move a sim into it so I did some file cleaning and such and hopefully whatever was bugged will work now. I'm about to load up the game and test it out. If I don't find any immediate problems I will upload it today.

Great! Thank you. :D Good Luck!
  • KarilynMonroe2KarilynMonroe2 Posts: 1,463 Member
    edited August 2014
    found my problem. I had a lot that I wanted to move my test sim into but every time I tried it would get stuck. Turns out the value of the lot was like a billion simoleans. This was not its true value of course so I deleted it and replaced it and the value was fixed. Weird huh?
    edited August 2014
    found my problem. I had a lot that I wanted to move my test sim into but every time I tried it would get stuck. Turns out the value of the lot was like a billion simoleans. This was not its true value of course so I deleted it and replaced it and the value was fixed. Weird huh?

Hello Karilyn,
    I'm happy that you got it took care. World building will make you want to bang your head on the wall sometimes :lol: I am just about ready to upload your lot, Will you tell me how to add pics to this forum ? That is what I can't do! Cheers :D
    edited August 2014
    Hello Karilyn,
    I am trying to upload China Town, It is finished and partly furnished. You can finish the inside and the lot anyway you like. put it on that 64x64 lot I ask you about, it should fit with no problem. I have the pot's down with the CFE and can build more, I took step by step pics as I built them. Its easy just time consuming.

Here you are !!!

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8380727 Cheers

I only uploaded three times, I'm bad. :D
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    edited August 2014
    How to add pics. This is how I do it. When you are making a post you click on the Img in the menu at the top then you copy past the Image URL then you click img again.
    To get your image URL you go to your image right click, copy image URL. I do this from my media page but if it is anywhere on the net it will work. You can preview the post to be sure it worked then submit.
    edited August 2014
    How to add pics. This is how I do it. When you are making a post you click on the Img in the menu at the top then you copy past the Image URL then you click img again.
    To get your image URL you go to your image right click, copy image URL. I do this from my media page but if it is anywhere on the net it will work. You can preview the post to be sure it worked then submit.

Thank you! I will have to give it a try. :D
    edited August 2014
    SandraKB wrote:
    Hello Karilyn,
    I am trying to upload China Town, It is finished and partly furnished. You can finish the inside and the lot anyway you like. put it on that 64x64 lot I ask you about, it should fit with no problem. I have the pot's down with the CFE and can build more, I took step by step pics as I built them. Its easy just time consuming.

Here you are !!!

Thank you so much for the chinatown lot! I had so much fun decorating it in blue and white "chintz" and some of the Rococo Items. You did such a great job! I have added it to Oz and and just have to realign the sidewalk then I should be able to upload Oz for you. The forums will be down starting friday and we won't be able to post here but I think we can still chat via our pages.
    Big hugs!
    edited August 2014
    SandraKB wrote:
    Hello Karilyn,

Here you are !!!

Thank you so much for the chinatown lot! I had so much fun decorating it in blue and white "chintz" and some of the Rococo Items. You did such a great job! I have added it to Oz and and just have to realign the sidewalk then I should be able to upload Oz for you. The forums will be down starting friday and we won't be able to post here but I think we can still chat via our pages.
    Big hugs!

You are very welcome! :D
    edited August 2014
    I am installing updated Oz now and will be uploading next :)
    edited August 2014
    I am installing updated Oz now and will be uploading next :)

Hey! Oz still looks great! and thank you! cheer's
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited August 2014
    Hi :D

Awesome~ Congratulations! :mrgreen:

And congrats on being hooked on CAW~ I'm sure you'll have lots more of fun building your dream worlds. 8)
    Hey...I guess I forgot to include a few things when I did my final upload. Most notably the haunted trees from Midnight Hollow and the curved windows from Roaring Heights. Please let me know if you see anything that looks like it doesn't belong in Oz. I will most likely do one final upload with those missing/replaced items corrected.
    Hey...I guess I forgot to include a few things when I did my final upload. Most notably the haunted trees from Midnight Hollow and the curved windows from Roaring Heights. Please let me know if you see anything that looks like it doesn't belong in Oz. I will most likely do one final upload with those missing/replaced items corrected.

Thank you! Karilyn, I will re-download it. I love your Oz, I need to make time to play in it. Have a great day! :D
    Hey there, just wondering if anyone has playtested Oz? I've got over 800 downloads, would love some feedback. I've played in it and haven't found any problems except it seem to run a little slow. Don't know why, perhaps it is the tall buildings? Anyway, I would love to see what others have been doing with it!
  • Tabbykatm20Tabbykatm20 Posts: 52 Member
    KarilynMonroe2, I have been testing your Oz world, and it is fantastic! I cannot even imagine the time that went into creating it and filling it with such detail. Thank you for making a world that I have wanted for a long time. I can't wait to fill it with Ozians. I can finally recreate Wicked. How did you create the skyscrapers?
    KarilynMonroe2, I have been testing your Oz world, and it is fantastic! I cannot even imagine the time that went into creating it and filling it with such detail. Thank you for making a world that I have wanted for a long time. I can't wait to fill it with Ozians. I can finally recreate Wicked. How did you create the skyscrapers?

Thank you! I am so happy to know you are enjoying it! I am just about to open it up and start playing again, after I lost my saves :(
    If you go back on this thread you will see me learning how to build skyscrapers...had to learn some cheats.

The skyscrapers look great and were totally necessary for the EC, but I'm afraid they may cause some lag...
    If you are looking for characters for oz, be sure to check my studio. I have some munchkins as well as the cast of Wizard of Oz. Please feel free to share screenshots and what's going on in your game!

edited February 2016
    Finally playing in Oz myself after...a year? Anyway, I was able to reduce my severe lag by removing some .package files that I did not need. I am only running some Nraas mods at the moment which help the game run better. My favorite is relativity, which gives me the option to slow down time. There are areas in Oz which only have sidewalks so it takes a bit longer to get around (Munchkinland). I have made a few fixes in my game. I found that the largest Munchkinland house had a problem with routing. The sims couldn't get off the lot. I moved them out, saved the house, deleted it and them put it back down and that solved the problem. I'm sure the spirally sidewalks were a bit of a challenge for the sims to figure out but everyone seems to be getting where they need to be now. I am busy populating with munchkins and currently have Pets turned off in my options so that I don't get too many. Once there is a sufficient population I wll share my saved game so anyone who wants to skip the trouble of redressing sims to fit the Oz theme can just start with a populated world. My game has the core cast of The Wizard of Oz, but they have names from Wicked. Here are some screenies of Candy Country. My Munchkin family enjoyed Leisure day there and had a lot of fun. As you can see, it makes perfect use of the Katy Perry stuff pack.
    screenshot_original.jpg

Post edited by KarilynMonroe2 on
    edited February 2016
    This is the Marshmallow Castle in Candy Country, which is located in the northern mountains of Oz. As you can see, the ground is covered in Marshmallow fluff. The school is also located here.
    screenshot_original.jpg

Post edited by KarilynMonroe2 on
    Checking out the height sliders on my munchkins. Anyone try it? modthesims.info/d/508972
    original.jpg Munchkinland
    original.jpg
    Tea with Dorothy
    The witches castle
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    Glinda's Castle in Quadling Country
    screenshot_original.jpg