Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Zoo U Course 14: There's Builder Trickery Afoot!-- Links to Lessons in Post One

Comments

• ZooProfessor3ZooProfessor3 Posts: 9,847 Member
    edited June 2014
    jenny0786 wrote:
    Good afternoon Zoo. I just wanted to drop in and say that I havent forgotten about tomorrows class. Things have been busy the past few days here. And as of this moment I am waiting on a repair person to come and fix my two week old stove [the oven quit working]. I wanted to give you the link to my BBS thread which is right here. I hope that everyone is doing well.

Hi, Jenny! I have you in the Blackcat Builders post!
    oow785m
    edited June 2014
    Okay, so I had a bout of insomnia last night (okay, for the past 3 days) and finally, finally at 9am my body decided to crash. I laid down with the intention on getting up at 1:30 to prepare for class... My husband woke me at 2:45, "Honey, It's a quarter to 3."

I mumbled some incoherent form of groggy reply to him and laid my head back on the pillow. Then, I popped my head back up, 'A QUARTER TO 3?!?!?!'

So, I jumped up out of the bed and rushed to the computer, turn it on... go make coffee while the computer booted. Then I sat down, log in to the forums and quickly rushed into class.

My feet skidded to a halt as I heard a faint echo throughout the empty room...I peered at the calendar...'Oh, OHHHHH! It's Friday.'

I shook my head as I stealthily sneaked out of ZOO U, hoping no one would see me and my mistake.

Yep, I guess I am an eager beaver to learn! Go ahead, laugh... :D

Now it is time for COFFEE!!!

*Edit for tense agreement and subject/verb agreement... I am still sleepy. LOL

ROFL!! That is perfect, Sherry! I have done stuff like that SO often! I've woken up at 8 and panicked because I thought it was morning and I was going to be late, only to discover it was actually 8 AT NIGHT and I'd just woken from a nap.

Zoo
    oow785m
  • AIRIS6962AIRIS6962 Posts: 5,611 Member
    edited June 2014
    illusie wrote:
    Hi Zoo, I´m not sure if I can be there...if my calculations are right the course starts at 9pm in my time. I might make it :)

9PM is nothing, just the s*h*a*n*k of the evening!

LOL! Not everyone is as much of a night owl as I am, I suppose! Hopefully, you will be able to be there, but if not you can read the lesson later at your convenience!

Zoo

Edit:

Seriously, Oh Mysterious Forum Censor? You think THAT is a bad word?

Same here !! Dinner time to me. Well, maybe I´ll manage to work with a sandwich in one hand, or in my mouth if I need both hands :mrgreen:

Oh, my poor hubby, will be punished without my "pleasant" company to go out on a Saturday night :lol: :XD:
    edited June 2014
    Okay, so I had a bout of insomnia last night (okay, for the past 3 days) and finally, finally at 9am my body decided to crash. I laid down with the intention on getting up at 1:30 to prepare for class... My husband woke me at 2:45, "Honey, It's a quarter to 3."

I mumbled some incoherent form of groggy reply to him and laid my head back on the pillow. Then, I popped my head back up, 'A QUARTER TO 3?!?!?!'

So, I jumped up out of the bed and rushed to the computer, turn it on... go make coffee while the computer booted. Then I sat down, log in to the forums and quickly rushed into class.

My feet skidded to a halt as I heard a faint echo throughout the empty room...I peered at the calendar...'Oh, OHHHHH! It's Friday.'

I shook my head as I stealthily sneaked out of ZOO U, hoping no one would see me and my mistake.

Yep, I guess I am an eager beaver to learn! Go ahead, laugh... :D

Now it is time for COFFEE!!!

*Edit for tense agreement and subject/verb agreement... I am still sleepy. LOL

Oh... sorry, insonmia is terrible and it's awful that you suffer from it, but I had to laugh so loud when I read this, my cat starred at me very puzzled. :lol: Next time your husband should not just say the time but also the date when he wakes you up. :wink:

Well, it's like getting up, taking a shower and get ready for work and finding out it's a free day. ^^;

So, I still have the weekend off from work :D and therefore I can sleep late on Sunday. Video tape is ready to hand for the anime tomorrow evening, so I can watch it next day. Well, this means I can attend live class at 9 p.m. in my time if forum allows.

/me is looking forward to attending class and is curious what Zoo will teach us
    [img]http://abload.de/img/lcomputercatnfb13.jpeg "width=300"[/img]

I'll bring some "pocket coffee"
    [img]http://abload.de/img/pocketcoffeeb5z1p.jpg "width=200"[/img]
    for the people who needs some help to stay awake (that is chocolate filled with coffee)and some "Kinder-Schoko-Bons"
    [img]http://abload.de/img/schokobons92zrr.jpg "width=200"[/img]
    for the others. ;)

@ Tahera
    Your idea with the world is great. ;) Maybe you be there tomorrow in live class?

So, I should go to bed now...almost falling asleep in front of the computer. Good night until tomorrow. I for sure need the pocket coffee tomorrow. :lol:

LOVE the kitten at the computer!

I am sure those Kinder snacks are good, but I would feel cheated if it didn't have a TOY inside it. Kinder Surprise Eggs are one of the finest things EVER and you can't (legally) buy them in the United States.

We used to have a store that sold them in the town next to mine. One time my husband and I bought TWO DOZEN (one for each of us) and we were supposed to make them last for awhile. Pfft--- yeah, right!

Just FYI, you CAN make yourself sick on chocolate.

And we were both like, "I don't even want more to eat--- but I want my toy, dang it!"

We have no children, so Mr. Zoo and I sort of live like bears with furniture. Or like two little kids with salaries and no adult supervision.

oow785m
    edited June 2014
    MsPrissy88 wrote:
    Sherrylynn -- I almost spat out my supper when I read your post. Not about the insomnia. About the part where your hubby woke you up, you go *tearing* down to the university and THEN realize it's not the right day! (sorry ... still giggling)

Kuroi -- I LOVE your little kitty!!! (squeee!) He (or she) is so squishable! That is so cute how you have it sitting on a chair IN FRONT of a teenie computer. ha ha

And ZOOO!!! ha ha I just finished packing my farm and checking it through custard. I only have to get it uploaded into the exchange. And then, I have to go back into my thread and move my slideshow link from the bottom of page 2 up to my first post. And then I'll add my download link there as well. :D

Edit: Can't upload my farm. I'm going to uninstall *my* origin --- stupid me, I had opened it earlier and it had updated. I myself don't own any Sim games as a digital version, so I don't know *WHY* I would have this kind of crap going on. :x :evil: I will keep trying to get my farm uploaded, tho.

I think the site is having issues. Don't do anything drastic (like reinstall your games or anything). I don't know that it is your computer at all, people have been complaining that it took them days to get the Exchange to upload their build.

Zoo
    oow785m
    edited June 2014
    I love the ZooU courses, and as always I'll be lurking here and there :wink:

Evidence that I do try to take notes as I lurk, my current wip
    [img]http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/originals/ba/ec/60/baec60e62e543282bbd5f9a98760e22a.jpg "width=600"[/img]

I hope to play test it this weekend, that and smooth out the lot seam edge on the left. :)

Lurkers are welcome, but you are certainly invited to join us! I promise I won't call on you in front of the class! :mrgreen:

Zoo
    oow785m
    edited June 2014
    It's five thirty AM my time and I HAVE been up all night finishing our class. It is FORTY-TWO pages in my Word document. LOL! I may have to cut some of the photos.

I really should have made this into two classes, but some people were waiting on parts of it before beginning their contest entry in the Zoo U building contest so I crammed it all into one huge lesson.

Right now I need a NAP! See you in about eight and a half hours!

Zoo
    oow785m
  • TaheraTahera Posts: 1,001 Member
    edited June 2014
    This morning, I had some time to try course 11 :wink:

zoo_u_course_11.jpg?w=513

The upper row shows the pattern I`ve made.
    ZOO, I hope you don`t mind that I used your lovely avatar to test the CAP tool!
    The pictures of the horses were taken on a rainy day and they are too dark. My Tester Sim has to take better photos next time.

Edit: typo
    Have a nice day!
  • sherrylynn8779sherrylynn8779 Posts: 2,102 Member
    edited June 2014
    If I could I would send you a care package, but as much as I know it isn't allowed to send eatables to the US. When I was in the States my mother did it anyway and sended all the German christmas chocolate and cookies. :D That with the Godiv Liquor sounds tasty. I wonder if I could get that here at home.

Yea, I knew that...sadly. I'm sure if I lived somewhere other than podunk, no-teeth, backwoods, rural southeast Missouri (okay, they don't all have no teeth... but **** mouth (or as we call it, can opener mouth)is certainly prevalent)I could get something very similar at a gourmet candy shop. BTW: I am a city girl who is forced to live in a rural setting by a husband who is a country boy, born and raised. What I wouldn't give to live in a city again! LOL! I don't mind the rural setting, medium sized 200 acre farm with only one neighbor 1/4 mile down the road... no one can hear me scream if a burglar came in the middle of the night...call the sherriff and not see not hide nor hair of them until an hour later and still they only investigatedmy complaint and did not come and check to see if I was alive.

Oh wait... I did it again, sorry gals/guys... my city girl brain has had a lot of trouble adapting (6years later) to living in the middle of no-where. lol

0h yea, I would certainly check to see if you can get any kind of chocolate liquor, but Godiva is THE BEST! LOL AND... I am coming to Germany, posthaste, to get me some chocolates and cookies!!! You best bake up 2-3 dozen! :P

ROFL!! That is perfect, Sherry! I have done stuff like that SO often! I've woken up at 8 and panicked because I thought it was morning and I was going to be late, only to discover it was actually 8 AT NIGHT and I'd just woken from a nap.

Zoo

Zoo, I actually did that this morning. After the liquor got into my veins, it only took 2 hours for me to get sleepy and I went to bed at 1130, passed right the heck out. My body prompted me to get up at 630 this morning, but I freaked out a little because it looked very close to being 630pm, so still in bed. I asked my hubs if it was AM or PM and breathed a sigh of relief when he had said AM.

I am pumped and ready for this class! Coffee is already lacing its caffeine filled goodness through my veins and I am rip-roarin' to go! Have a great sleep Mrs. Zoo! See ya soon!
    My Twitter:: My Facebook:: Gallery Name: sherry_lynn1979
    edited June 2014
    Tahera wrote:

The pictures of the horses were taken on a rainy day and they are too dark. My Tester Sim has to take better photos next time.

I really, really like the dark ones, they have that silhouette feel about them! They look great and I love your Zoo pics! :D

I would do this as well, but when I used to have CAP on my pc, I would spend HOURS making patterns. I got really good at it, but all those patterns in my game would just bog down CASt to where it was hard to do anything, so I don't use it any more.

edited June 2014
    Prof. Zoo and classmates, I have created a homework thread: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/0/758395.page#12138437

(It is horrible to laugh at your own jokes, but I am... yes I used Zoo's name backwards! LOL! I am cheesy, I know!) :P

• kuroi_nekomatakuroi_nekomata Posts: 817 Member
    edited June 2014
    I am sure those Kinder snacks are good, but I would feel cheated if it didn't have a TOY inside it. Kinder Surprise Eggs are one of the finest things EVER and you can't (legally) buy them in the United States.

We used to have a store that sold them in the town next to mine. One time my husband and I bought TWO DOZEN (one for each of us) and we were supposed to make them last for awhile. Pfft--- yeah, right!

And we were both like, "I don't even want more to eat--- but I want my toy, dang it!"

We have no children, so Mr. Zoo and I sort of live like bears with furniture. Or like two little kids with salaries and no adult supervision.

I love "Ueberraschungseier" (thats what they are called in German). Even I am already 44, I still buy them, :XD: like a lot of adults. I like the figures which are inside and of course the chocolate. Toys I don't want to keep I give to friends with children. This Eastern I bought myself the big surprise egg (pic of size difference). That it is forbidden to buy them in the States is something that most people here don't understand.

2 dozen Kinder Surprise Eggs...thats alot. :D Usually you cannot buy them here in July and August and one has this annoying waiting time until September when they're in store again. But somehow my mother managed to gift me 30 Kinder Surprise Eggs to my 30th b-day in July. I tell you, they didn't last until September...not even until August... :oops:

0h yea, I would certainly check to see if you can get any kind of chocolate liquor, but Godiva is THE BEST! LOL AND... I am coming to Germany, posthaste, to get me some chocolates and cookies!!! You best bake up 2-3 dozen! :P
    Believe me, if I bake you don't want to eat it. But the christmas stuff you can buy is really good. Especially marzipan from Luebeck or stollen from Dresden. :-)

edited June 2014
    Believe me, if I bake you don't want to eat it. But the christmas stuff you can buy is really good. Especially marzipan from Luebeck or stollen from Dresden.

I have not had good stollen in a LONG time... I think I am going to have to look up the recipe and try to make it myself. I mostly bake breads, Italian style bread is my specialty... mostly because I have issues making "fluffy" white bread that we eat a bunch of here. My favorite bread to bake is Ciabatta, but I make some really, really awesome cinnamon and/or pecan caramel rolls that are bigger and fluffier than Cinnabon cinnamon rolls. :D

My cookies and cakes...meh... they are okay, but my cheesecakes...YUM! So, if you ever find yourself in the States again... look me up... I'll have something baked! :D

Speaking of... I think I am going to have to get my starter, started. I'm craving bread now.
  • BishopBettieBishopBettie Posts: 88 Member
    edited June 2014
    Please register me.
  • MeaganJoMeaganJo Posts: 4,343 Member
    edited June 2014
    Watching from the side lines as I love all these wonderful building tricks!!!
    :mrgreen:
  • 3TREES3TREES Posts: 1,964 Member
    edited June 2014
    Oh man! I thought this class started at 1 pm my time but I was wrong, it starts at 3 lol. At least I think. I thought I was going to be a good student today and get here an hour early haha
    edited June 2014
    3TREES wrote:
    Oh man! I thought this class started at 1 pm my time but I was wrong, it starts at 3 lol. At least I think. I thought I was going to be a good student today and get here an hour early haha

Haha, I thought I was going to be right on time but um it doesn't start until noon my time, so another 2 hours we wait lol. :wink:
  • BishopBettieBishopBettie Posts: 88 Member
    edited June 2014
    309a70d9-a34d-4c3a-afab-02b4b364b86b_zps2002d412.jpg

Julianna Tester...More teacher than tester!

Screenshot-284_zpse8092f44.jpg
    edited June 2014
    Cute pics BishopBettie :D
    edited June 2014
    Tahera wrote:

zoo_u_course_11.jpg?w=513

LOVE IT! Great work on CAP and photography--- you will get hooked, I warn you!

Zoo
    oow785m
    edited June 2014
    Prof. Zoo and classmates, I have created a homework thread: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/0/758395.page#12138437

(It is horrible to laugh at your own jokes, but I am... yes I used Zoo's name backwards! LOL! I am cheesy, I know!) :P

You are in the BCB post!

I couldn't find my name backwards. I am rushed because of class, I will have to look at this again later!

Zoo
    oow785m
    edited June 2014

I love "Ueberraschungseier" (thats what they are called in German). Even I am already 44, I still buy them, :XD: like a lot of adults. I like the figures which are inside and of course the chocolate. Toys I don't want to keep I give to friends with children. This Eastern I bought myself the big surprise egg (pic of size difference). That it is forbidden to buy them in the States is something that most people here don't understand.

2 dozen Kinder Surprise Eggs...thats alot. :D Usually you cannot buy them here in July and August and one has this annoying waiting time until September when they're in store again. But somehow my mother managed to gift me 30 Kinder Surprise Eggs to my 30th b-day in July. I tell you, they didn't last until September...not even until August... :oops:

Believe me, if I bake you don't want to eat it. But the christmas stuff you can buy is really good. Especially marzipan from Luebeck or stollen from Dresden. :-)

Okay, tell your mom that I said THIRTY Kinder Surprise Eggs are PROOF that she was an EXCELLENT mother. You need to call and thank her AGAIN, LOL! That is awesome! I need to find an (illegal) source of Kinder Eggs! :mrgreen:

Zoo
    oow785m
    edited June 2014
    Please register me.

DONE! Welcome to Zoo U!

By the way, I use Julianna as a teacher ALL the time! The fastest way to learn a skill is to have one Sim teach another. This has not escaped me. :D

Zoo
    oow785m
    edited June 2014
    3TREES wrote:

REALLY soon now!
    oow785m
  • MsPrissy88MsPrissy88 Posts: 3,122 Member
    edited June 2014
    Hi Everyone! {waves to those who are here right now}

I was actually in my other user account about to try out adding Sims to my world. Yes, my world *has already been* uploaded to the exchange. I did that - what - sometime last month? Anyway ... since I can't get my finished farm upload --- stupid EA and Origin --- I though I would just play around 'til class got started. I have just under 40 minutes to wait. Guess I'll go troll my mypage until then.
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top