Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Zoo U Course 14: There's Builder Trickery Afoot!-- Links to Lessons in Post One

Comments

• ObviouSecretObviouSecret Posts: 233 Member
    edited June 2014
    Hello, Zoo! I just completed my homework for Course 11. I wasn't sure if I was suppose to post in that thread or not and I didn't want to resurrect a thread that didn't have to be. I hope this is okay?

Here is my Homework Thread

See you soon! :P
  • sherrylynn8779sherrylynn8779 Posts: 2,102 Member
    edited June 2014
    Got WA installed and I plopped my build on Tahera's world that she created, with only some minor issues (build/world elevation compatability)that I was able to fix with ease, I was able to play on the game for over an hour with no stuttering, etc. A build world, who'da thunk? :)

Thank you Tahera for sharing your world! I have NEVER had such a quick save before, and this is a HUGE build!

With this world, WA did not cause any issues... however we shall see when my daughter gets on Tuesday when she gets back from her Grandma's and she plays. I might have to ban her from taking "trips" lol. Plus, she is using sunlit tides and it really is a bad world for my pc. I think I am going to make her save her stuff to the bin and change worlds.
    My Twitter:: My Facebook:: Gallery Name: sherry_lynn1979
  • ZooProfessor3ZooProfessor3 Posts: 9,847 Member
    edited June 2014
    illusie wrote:
    Hi Zoo, I´m not sure if I can be there...if my calculations are right the course starts at 9pm in my time. I might make it :)

9PM is nothing, just the s*h*a*n*k of the evening!

LOL! Not everyone is as much of a night owl as I am, I suppose! Hopefully, you will be able to be there, but if not you can read the lesson later at your convenience!

Zoo

Edit:

Seriously, Oh Mysterious Forum Censor? You think THAT is a bad word?
    oow785m
    edited June 2014
    MsPrissy88 wrote:
    MsPrissy88 wrote:
    Hi Zoo!! Thanks ever so much for your suggestion. :D I ended up changing out the wallpaper for something MUCH better. I won't go into ALL the details, but I have to admit I like the way it is looking now. I snapped a few new pics which I will add to my thread. Long story short --- the first floor is finally done! Just have to finish the second floor, and it will (thankfully) be complete!! :mrgreen:

Excellent! I look forward to your new photos! :mrgreen:

Hello there! I just updated my thread with the latest images. New ones are in the last post.

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/757489.page#12120688

I won't change the link in the Blackcat Builders post until you have homework for Course 14, but you might want to put links in post one of your thread that takes people right to you photos. That way, people can just open your thread on post one and get to see all the goodies!

I left comments on your thread about your gorgeous farm.

Zoo
    oow785m
    edited June 2014
    Tahera wrote:
    Hi there,

as suggested, I made a new thread to show what I`ve learned during the class: Work in Progress ~~~ Learning the Trickery Afoot

You are now a Blackcat Builder! I love the title of your thread by the way. :-)

Zoo
    oow785m
    edited June 2014
    KOCHIE1210 wrote:
    School's out, so I'M BACK! :mrgreen:

Register me, please!

Welcome back to Zoo U!

You are on the class roster. At least for THIS class you don't have to change out of your pajamas or comb your hair! :mrgreen:

Zoo
    oow785m
    edited June 2014
    priscapup wrote:
    I almost made it Zoo! I will be on the road for the next two days, and will be back at the nice cool homestead Saturday late. So looks like I will play catch up on the lesson. Have lots of fun, and some extra fun for me! :mrgreen:

P-Pup! How is it goin', Travlin' Lady? We will miss you for the "live" class, but hopefully you will get to take the class later when you've recovered from your trip.

Zoo
    oow785m
    edited June 2014
    Tahera wrote:
    Good morning,
    I hope everyone is fine!

I created my own tiny island (just for building, not for playing!) for this class and I was asked to upload it to the exchange. I`ll give you the link in case that you`re interested in the world, too.

EDIT: I deleted the world because I have to fix an error. It will be back up asap! Sorry for the mistake :oops:

tahera_a_builders_tiny_island.jpg?w=584&h=292

It`s a tiny island map (512 x 512) with 12 lots in common sizes. The island is decorated with a few trees, bushes and flowers so that it doesn`t look too bleak. Please, don`t expect too much. It`s quite a simple map just for building :!:

There are 12 lots:
    1 lot sized at 60 x 60
    1 lot sized at 50 x 50
    1 lot sized at 40 x 40
    1 lot sized at 40 x 30
    1 lot sized at 20 x 30
    1 lot sized at 20 x 16
    1 lot sized at 20 x 26
    1 lot sized at 14 x 14 (Iris`home)
    2 lots sized at 30 x 30
    2 lots sized at 20 x 20

This could be really useful to builders! I do often get requests for a 64X64. Could someone who downloads this world edit it to delete a few lots and be able to fit one of that huge size?

Zoo
    oow785m
    edited June 2014
    Okay Zoo, I am going to pray to the computer god of simming and install WA on my computer. I am SUPER nervous that this is going to cause problems. I am going to back up the WIPs and my tester sim that I have, just in case. Maybe if I never "travel" everything will be okay... right? GAH!!! *Shakily picks up WA case* Here goes nothing!

FINGERS CROSSED!

Zoo
    oow785m
    edited June 2014
    Hello, Zoo! I just completed my homework for Course 11. I wasn't sure if I was suppose to post in that thread or not and I didn't want to resurrect a thread that didn't have to be. I hope this is okay?

Here is my Homework Thread

See you soon! :P

Hi, OS!

First, you get an A+ for your Course 11 homework, plus a gold star as I love all things Disney! (As an aside, if you would like Disney World for your Sims, you might check out my Walt Simney World Parks--- if interested I will post the thread link.)

Second, here is what I decided to do: I posted your Blackcat Builders thread in BOTH this course BCB post AND in the BCB post for Course 11.

After you have the homework done for this course, you can give me the link to take people straight there, if you want to, and I will update your link in the BCB post for Course 14.

Don't ever worry about resurrecting Zoo U course threads as they are not ever really "dead". Students months or years later are encouraged to post their questions on the course thread, even for those early classes.

It helps so that the questions and answers in the thread pertain to that particular course, which means that students taking that course on their own will benefit from other students getting their questions answered. If a question from Course 1 is posted on the Course 14 thread it would be really confusing for everyone.

By the way, I have A LOT of the Disney Thomas Kincaid paintings on walls of my Sim builds! :mrgreen:

Zoo
    oow785m
    edited June 2014
    Got WA installed and I plopped my build on Tahera's world that she created, with only some minor issues (build/world elevation compatability)that I was able to fix with ease, I was able to play on the game for over an hour with no stuttering, etc. A build world, who'da thunk? :)

Thank you Tahera for sharing your world! I have NEVER had such a quick save before, and this is a HUGE build!

With this world, WA did not cause any issues... however we shall see when my daughter gets on Tuesday when she gets back from her Grandma's and she plays. I might have to ban her from taking "trips" lol. Plus, she is using sunlit tides and it really is a bad world for my pc. I think I am going to make her save her stuff to the bin and change worlds.

WHOOT! I'm glad WA didn't kill your game!

Zoo
    oow785m
  • TaheraTahera Posts: 1,001 Member
    edited June 2014
    This could be really useful to builders! I do often get requests for a 64X64. Could someone who downloads this world edit it to delete a few lots and be able to fit one of that huge size?

Zoo

That should be possible with the ingame world editor (I don`t know how it`s called in English)
    Have a nice day!
    edited June 2014

I`m happy that the world is working for you. Did you see my posts about a fixed version? You better should get the updated island :wink: I edited my thread with an alternative link because I can`t reupload it to the exchange.
    Have a nice day!
  • illusieillusie Posts: 13,818 Member
    edited June 2014

9PM is nothing, just the s*h*a*n*k of the evening!

LOL! Not everyone is as much of a night owl as I am, I suppose! Hopefully, you will be able to be there, but if not you can read the lesson later at your convenience!

Zoo

Edit:

Seriously, Oh Mysterious Forum Censor? You think THAT is a bad word?

Haha :D I know, I think i´ll be home at 8:30pm or later so I think I can make it. I´ll do my best to make it :D You guessed right though, I am not a night owl. But unless the course takes several hours I´ll be alright :lol:
  • illusieillusie Posts: 13,818 Member
    edited June 2014
    Tahera, I really like your idea of a world created just for building.
  • jenny0786jenny0786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    edited June 2014
    Good afternoon Zoo. I just wanted to drop in and say that I havent forgotten about tomorrows class. Things have been busy the past few days here. And as of this moment I am waiting on a repair person to come and fix my two week old stove [the oven quit working]. I wanted to give you the link to my BBS thread which is right here. I hope that everyone is doing well.
    edited June 2014
    Okay, so I had a bout of insomnia last night (okay, for the past 3 days) and finally, finally at 9am my body decided to crash. I laid down with the intention on getting up at 1:30 to prepare for class... My husband woke me at 2:45, "Honey, It's a quarter to 3."

I mumbled some incoherent form of groggy reply to him and laid my head back on the pillow. Then, I popped my head back up, 'A QUARTER TO 3?!?!?!'

So, I jumped up out of the bed and rushed to the computer, turn it on... go make coffee while the computer booted. Then I sat down, log in to the forums and quickly rushed into class.

My feet skidded to a halt as I heard a faint echo throughout the empty room...I peered at the calendar...'Oh, OHHHHH! It's Friday.'

I shook my head as I stealthily sneaked out of ZOO U, hoping no one would see me and my mistake.

Yep, I guess I am an eager beaver to learn! Go ahead, laugh... :D

Now it is time for COFFEE!!!

*Edit for tense agreement and subject/verb agreement... I am still sleepy. LOL
  • kuroi_nekomatakuroi_nekomata Posts: 817 Member
    edited June 2014
    Okay, so I had a bout of insomnia last night (okay, for the past 3 days) and finally, finally at 9am my body decided to crash. I laid down with the intention on getting up at 1:30 to prepare for class... My husband woke me at 2:45, "Honey, It's a quarter to 3."

I mumbled some incoherent form of groggy reply to him and laid my head back on the pillow. Then, I popped my head back up, 'A QUARTER TO 3?!?!?!'

So, I jumped up out of the bed and rushed to the computer, turn it on... go make coffee while the computer booted. Then I sat down, log in to the forums and quickly rushed into class.

My feet skidded to a halt as I heard a faint echo throughout the empty room...I peered at the calendar...'Oh, OHHHHH! It's Friday.'

I shook my head as I stealthily sneaked out of ZOO U, hoping no one would see me and my mistake.

Oh... sorry, insonmia is terrible and it's awful that you suffer from it, but I had to laugh so loud when I read this, my cat starred at me very puzzled. :lol: Next time your husband should not just say the time but also the date when he wakes you up. :wink:

Well, it's like getting up, taking a shower and get ready for work and finding out it's a free day. ^^;

So, I still have the weekend off from work :D and therefore I can sleep late on Sunday. Video tape is ready to hand for the anime tomorrow evening, so I can watch it next day. Well, this means I can attend live class at 9 p.m. in my time if forum allows.

/me is looking forward to attending class and is curious what Zoo will teach us
    [img]http://abload.de/img/lcomputercatnfb13.jpeg "width=300"[/img]

I'll bring some "pocket coffee"
    [img]http://abload.de/img/pocketcoffeeb5z1p.jpg "width=200"[/img]
    for the people who needs some help to stay awake (that is chocolate filled with coffee)and some "Kinder-Schoko-Bons"
    [img]http://abload.de/img/schokobons92zrr.jpg "width=200"[/img]
    for the others. ;)

@ Tahera
    Your idea with the world is great. ;) Maybe you be there tomorrow in live class?

So, I should go to bed now...almost falling asleep in front of the computer. Good night until tomorrow. I for sure need the pocket coffee tomorrow. :lol:

• DolphineQDolphineQ Posts: 1,799 Member
    edited June 2014
    Zoo dear, I'll be here and follow the class, but I won't be able to do any work or homework etc., due to the Origin issues.
    So I'm sadface today, I was so hoping to get all my stuff installed BEFORE the class, so I could just sit back and enjoy the ride. Now I'll sit back, enjoy the class and pout that I can't test and try and play with the things you teach us right away! :(
    Please share and support me in my work with rescue cats! https://www.gofundme.com/DolphineQCats

2rgmmvq.jpg
  • LittleLeotaLittleLeota Posts: 680 Member
    edited June 2014
    Hi Zoo. I've been furiously working away at course 11 in preparation for tomorrow's class, and then my daughter called me this morning and said she's going to be coming over tomorrow because she missed Father's Day last weekend (she wasn't feeling well). Anyway, I don't know if I'll be able to actually be "present" for class as I don't know exactly what time she's coming over. BUT, I will definitely do the coursework, even if it's after the fact! I've been so looking forward to it.

I have a quick question and I don't know if it's already been posed and/or answered: when we do the work for course 11, can/should we make a homework thread for it, even if we didn't actually register for and participate in the "live" class?
    edited June 2014

Oh... sorry, insonmia is terrible and it's awful that you suffer from it, but I had to laugh so loud when I read this, my cat starred at me very puzzled. :lol: Next time your husband should not just say the time but also the date when he wakes you up. :wink:

Well, it's like getting up, taking a shower and get ready for work and finding out it's a free day. ^^;

So, I still have the weekend off from work :D and therefore I can sleep late on Sunday. Video tape is ready to hand for the anime tomorrow evening, so I can watch it next day. Well, this means I can attend live class at 9 p.m. in my time if forum allows.

/me is looking forward to attending class and is curious what Zoo will teach us
    [img]http://abload.de/img/lcomputercatnfb13.jpeg "width=300"[/img]

I'll bring some "pocket coffee"
    [img]http://abload.de/img/pocketcoffeeb5z1p.jpg "width=200"[/img]
    for the people who needs some help to stay awake (that is chocolate filled with coffee)and some "Kinder-Schoko-Bons"
    [img]http://abload.de/img/schokobons92zrr.jpg "width=200"[/img]
    for the others. ;)

@ Tahera
    Your idea with the world is great. ;) Maybe you be there tomorrow in live class?

So, I should go to bed now...almost falling asleep in front of the computer. Good night until tomorrow. I for sure need the pocket coffee tomorrow. :lol:

OMG OMG OMG!!!! I need a care package of nothing but pocket coffee!!!! I LOVE chocolate (especially dark chocolate) and coffee and when you pair it together... OMG!!! Speaking of pairings... I bought me some Godiva Liquor to put in my hazelnut coffee. Me's gonna sleep WELL tonight!!! :D

I'am gonna tell my husband your tip! That'll be a benefit I am sure! LOL
  • MsPrissy88MsPrissy88 Posts: 3,122 Member
    edited June 2014
    Sherrylynn -- I almost spat out my supper when I read your post. Not about the insomnia. About the part where your hubby woke you up, you go *tearing* down to the university and THEN realize it's not the right day! (sorry ... still giggling)

Kuroi -- I LOVE your little kitty!!! (squeee!) He (or she) is so squishable! That is so cute how you have it sitting on a chair IN FRONT of a teenie computer. ha ha

And ZOOO!!! ha ha I just finished packing my farm and checking it through custard. I only have to get it uploaded into the exchange. And then, I have to go back into my thread and move my slideshow link from the bottom of page 2 up to my first post. And then I'll add my download link there as well. :D

Edit: Can't upload my farm. I'm going to uninstall *my* origin --- stupid me, I had opened it earlier and it had updated. I myself don't own any Sim games as a digital version, so I don't know *WHY* I would have this kind of crap going on. :x :evil: I will keep trying to get my farm uploaded, tho.
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • MmdrgntobldrgnMmdrgntobldrgn Posts: 6,680 Member
    edited June 2014
    I love the ZooU courses, and as always I'll be lurking here and there :wink:

Evidence that I do try to take notes as I lurk, my current wip
    [img]http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/originals/ba/ec/60/baec60e62e543282bbd5f9a98760e22a.jpg "width=600"[/img]

I hope to play test it this weekend, that and smooth out the lot seam edge on the left. :)
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Exploring life through imagination & satire since 1969.
    Save Game Often
    repair & clear caches Often
    S3 Studio
    S3 blog Story, lists of empty lots by world
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
    edited June 2014
    illusie wrote:
    Tahera, I really like your idea of a world created just for building.

Thanks :D but I`ve "stolen" the idea from the internet. Others have created blank maps before :wink:
    Okay, so I had a bout of insomnia last night ....

I`m sorry that you didn`t feel well but the rest of yor story made me laugh :mrgreen:
    Well, this means I can attend live class at 9 p.m. in my time if forum allows.

@ Tahera

I wish I could but unfortunately I won`t be able to attend the live class.
    Have a nice day!
  • kuroi_nekomatakuroi_nekomata Posts: 817 Member
    edited June 2014
    MsPrissy88 wrote:
    Kuroi -- I LOVE your little kitty!!! (squeee!) He (or she) is so squishable! That is so cute how you have it sitting on a chair IN FRONT of a teenie computer. ha ha

Oh, the little kitty in front of the computer is not my cat. My cat is the one in my sig. When she is working my computer it looks like this (yes, I made a Lol-Cat out of her) or now as she is bigger more like this. Or, if she doesn't get all attention, she turns off the computer...I'll lock her into the bathroom while class today, for sure. 8)

I got up to early today and already did some housework. I am going to take a litte nap so that I'll be fit for class later.

OMG OMG OMG!!!! I need a care package of nothing but pocket coffee!!!! I LOVE chocolate (especially dark chocolate) and coffee and when you pair it together... OMG!!! Speaking of pairings... I bought me some Godiva Liquor to put in my hazelnut coffee. Me's gonna sleep WELL tonight!!! :D
    If I could I would send you a care package, but as much as I know it isn't allowed to send eatables to the US. When I was in the States my mother did it anyway and sended all the German christmas chocolate and cookies. :D That with the Godiv Liquor sounds tasty. I wonder if I could get that here at home.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top