Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Zoo U Course 14: There's Builder Trickery Afoot!-- Links to Lessons in Post One

1121314151618...Next

Comments

• ZooProfessor3ZooProfessor3 Posts: 9,847 Member
    edited July 2014
    heaven1 wrote:
    yes it does :mrgreen:

Anyone who wants to use this idea in their homework is welcome to! :D
    oow785m
  • anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited July 2014
    playing with rug/flooring in the going to be music room... sorry it is dark...

verdcw.jpg
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
    edited July 2014
    anettesb wrote:
    playing with rug/flooring in the going to be music room... sorry it is dark...

verdcw.jpg

VERY NICE! I like how you have used some of the printed tile pieces as rug accents.

Zoo
    oow785m
  • anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited July 2014
    Thank you... now I just need to decide on the flooring below...
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • TRajahTRajah Posts: 2,403 Member
    edited July 2014
    AIRIS6962 wrote:
    Thank you Zoo sweetie :D
    I´m posting my homework pics here ( I said this already :mrgreen: )

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/45/728936.page#12150120

My last pic here: Work with triangular tiles

Screenshot-387.jpg"width=640"

I'm a little late to the party, but I have to pipe in here to say I *love* this one!!!
    edited July 2014
    I agree, that is one of my very favorite rugs.

Zoo
    oow785m
  • TaheraTahera Posts: 1,001 Member
    edited July 2014
    Great job on the rugs and flooring. Ladies :D

I`ve updated my thread with another well

WishingWell_Tahera_01_zps73c83feb.jpg
    Have a nice day!
    edited August 2014
    Tahera wrote:
    Great job on the rugs and flooring. Ladies :D

I`ve updated my thread with another well

WishingWell_Tahera_01_zps73c83feb.jpg

VERY cool! I will head to your thread to see what you have been up to!

Zoo
    oow785m
  • AIRIS6962AIRIS6962 Posts: 5,611 Member
    edited August 2014
    I want to apologize for not being arround and for stopping my homework ( more or less, since I´m applaying this wonderful lessons to my WIP and last creations )

Thank you very much for your compliments on my rug :D

And I can see my WIP inspired to some of you :D

Screenshot-460.jpg"width=640"

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/60/755627.page

Zoo, you can see I made something similar in the jacuzzi zone into the pool, to put the double font.

Screenshot-21.jpg"width=640"

Working on Laramoonlily´s request I´ve discovered some interesting things such as how solve the issues with "ghost tiles" and how to put a 1.5 height column :D

edited August 2014
    AIRIS6962 wrote:
    I want to apologize for not being arround and for stopping my homework ( more or less, since I´m applaying this wonderful lessons to my WIP and last creations )

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/60/755627.page

Zoo, you can see I made something similar in the jacuzzi zone into the pool, to put the double font.

Working on Laramoonlily´s request I´ve discovered some interesting things such as how solve the issues with "ghost tiles" and how to put a 1.5 height column :D

This is SO brilliant, I can't even tell you! I love everything about your build, but the pool area is the rock star!

Zoo
    oow785m
  • illusieillusie Posts: 13,819 Member
    edited August 2014
    Zoo, I added some new things to my homework thread.

I am not going to take pictures of the hidden doors in my house for your entry, so I juts igore that part of the homework ;) I did make the hidden doors but you just have to find them yourself in my house :D

7692803_orig.jpg"width=600"
  • illusieillusie Posts: 13,819 Member
    edited August 2014
    AIRIS6962 wrote:

Zoo

that looks so good!
    edited August 2014
    illusie wrote:
    Zoo, I added some new things to my homework thread.

I am not going to take pictures of the hidden doors in my house for your entry, so I juts igore that part of the homework ;) I did make the hidden doors but you just have to find them yourself in my house :D

7692803_orig.jpg"width=600"

I thought I commented here about your amazing build (LOVE the way you did the stained glass windows, looks really realistic), but maybe I only commented on your homework thread. I REMEMBER posting some comments, so I am going to go check on your thread and make sure I am not just insane.

Zoo
    oow785m
  • LadyGreenEyesLadyGreenEyes Posts: 928 Member
    edited August 2014
    A question came up on a different thread about building a pool on each side of a wall the way that I did in my Amazing Adventureland build. This is possible, but fiddly. This is what I am talking about:

Screenshot-20.jpg"width=640"

This can give a really good effect. In the theme park build I mentioned, you can swim out of the ship and out into the "swimway" that goes all the way across the park. You can also swim into the castle.

If you put something like this into a tomb build, you could have Sims have to swim under a wall in order to get to the next part of the tomb. You could even make an effect that mimics a tunnel.

So, that is why you would LIKE to be able to do it, now how do you do it?

First, make sure the ground is level. Don't go by looks, use the leveling tool to be sure.

Next, make the wall.

Now, go on one side of the wall and use the pool tool to create the pool that is going to touch the wall (you can add more pool later easily, the only tricky parts are the parts that touch the wall). Usually this first side of the wall is easy and you can draw the pool as you normally would.

Finally, the fiddly bit. We want pool on the other side of the wall (basically making one pool area that has a wall across it). If you try to draw this with the pool tool as usual it will be stubborn, BUT if you do it ONE square at a time, and carefully trying to draw it corner to corner along a diagonal path, it will work. If you are having problems, try moving along the opposite diagonal. It IS fiddly, but it will work.

I have noticed at other times in more standard building situations that this One Square method for pools is also the only way you can get it to work.

Zoo
    Thanks a ton! Now off to show someone your awesome parks.
  • heaven1heaven1 Posts: 177 Member
    Zoo, I am going to be closing my current WIP thread (the thought of fixing all those pic links is daunting). I will be redoing a thread once I have several of my ongoing projects finished (my current building world is getting glitchy). I will post the link to it in this thread and the other one.
  • kuroi_nekomatakuroi_nekomata Posts: 817 Member
    Well, first sorry for the sudden silence from my side. I didn't really got on with my build for some weeks. However I finally finished my resort. And I could use the carpet lesson in my resort.

th_Schwarzwald-hotel33_zps8a9d3c49.jpg

th_Schwarzwald-hotel31_zps70210d10.jpg

Thank you Zoo for your courses. ;)<3

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top