Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hotel Unique, Sao Paulo Brazil

soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,262 Member
This is my build entry for TnT_Terry's All Around the World in 80 Days Contest - http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/740286.page

Built in 2002, Hotel Unique was designed by the Brazilian architect Ruy Ohtake and is highly unusual due to it's arc-like structure in green copper. The height of the internal spaces, circular windows and integration of curved walls make this hotel truly one of a kind and a work of art which is why I chose this building as my build inspiration to represent the hip, vibrant metropolis of Sao Paulo in which art and culture play such a big part. Sao Paulo is cutting edge and a melting pot of nationalities so this was another reason I chose a modern building that is also a community lot. In the Sims version, I have designed this as a resort and integrated areas to capture the spirit of this structure which not only serves as a hotel but is also a very special environment and meeting place to bring people together.

Link to slideshow including additional pictures -
http://s82.photobucket.com/user/soocoolsim/slideshow/Hotel Unique Resort

Link to lot - http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8251297

Link to my accompanying report on Sao Paulo - http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/754638.page#1206523

Link to sims created for this project - http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/0/754856.page#12069634

Inspiration photos from the actual hotel are posted at the end of this presentation.

Comments

• soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,262 Member
    edited May 2017
    Welcome to the Hotel Unique
    Screenshot-117_zps0cd01ba8.jpg

This lot is set in Bridgeport. The exterior is modelled after the actual hotel and I have utilized elements from actual photos coupled with my imagination for the interior.
    uniqueincity_zps68b43883.jpg

Our tour begins under the imposing curved façade..
    Screenshot-29_zpseefb4aee.jpg

... and into the front entrance and imposing lobby
    Screenshot-31_zps44597af9.jpg

Reception2_zpsc89831b7.jpg

To the left is the lobby bar
    LobbyBar1_zps921345ff.jpg

To the right is a seating area
    ]reception7_zpsef097fa6.jpg

On the main floor, is the spa, gym and a cinema.
    spa5_zps7d8ec2b9.jpg

Gym_zpsd575a61c.jpg

Screenshot-2_zpsa4815bf2.jpg

Post edited by soocoolsim on
    edited May 2017
    Going up the elevators we get to the 2nd (level 3 in-game). This is the VIP floor with large suites.
    Screenshot-62_zps316f1a1f.jpg

Public seating area
    Screenshot-65_zpsc92420cd.jpg

Inside a suite
    Screenshot-4_zps10712126.jpg

Screenshot-72_zps04e85271.jpg

Screenshot-74_zps8c8233a6.jpg

A cool feature of this hotel in real life is the 'peek-a-boo' bathrooms
    Screenshot-70_zps101f6195.jpg

There are 4 large suites on this floor so just enough room to put the guest laundry facilities
    Screenshot-2_zpsff273652.jpg
    edited May 2017
    Moving on up to the special event floor (level 5 in-game) with a wedding chapel, reception area, banquet hall and 2 large honeymoon suites
    sitting2_zpsbbdcd1ea.jpg

Perfect area to mingle ahead of the event
    sitting6_zps0285eeda.jpg

Coming into the chapel
    Screenshot-103_zps245a7e3d.jpg

Going up the aisle
    chapel6_zps44260fbf.jpg

Time to say "I do"
    Screenshot-108_zps9af5afbc.jpg

Then onto the large reception hall for dinner and dancing
    reception4_zps4e333fff.jpg

Even the public restrooms are pretty
    Screenshot-99_zps85e0e212.jpg

The best part is yet to come in the honeymoon suites
    honey5_zps2d804e7c.jpg

Peek-a-boo bathroom and elegant décor make the wedding night even more special
    honey10_zpse5d1c287.jpg

Screenshot-100_zpsacdc0473.jpg

edited May 2017
    Getting high (level 7 in-game), we get to the business presentation centre (great for training and seminars), main buffet restaurant (going to be hungry after those lecture), luxury rooms (4 of them), relaxing library and samba studio where you can work up a sweat to the hot latin music.

Screenshot-47_zps3e05e473.jpg

Down the hall is a simple sculpture I created to pay tribute to the native people of Brazil (the Amerindians) and the rainforest that we need to more truly respect as the lungs of the planet.

hallway2_zps9ccd9d6b.jpg

Inside the training room/presentation centre
    meeting1_zps72a4b350.jpg

pres1_zps72d66a8c.jpg

A smorgasbord of delights awaits at the buffet tables
    Screenshot-11_zpsf680599e.jpg

The library... you can also get a cup of coffee from the barista to go with your books
    library_zpsc256a521.jpg

library7_zps63cf41a2.jpg

A peek into the samba (dance) studio
    samba6_zps4444b608.jpg

Total comfort at the end of the day in the luxury suites
    Lux3_zpse9596975.jpg

All the amenities of home including hi-def TV, video games, in-room safe, drinks and lots more
    Lux5_zps603c97a8.jpg

bath4_zps004bef8e.jpg

edited May 2017
    Now we're at the rooftop (level 8 in-game) with the Skye Restaurant & Bar, crimson pool and garden.

Screenshot-196_zpsd35b994f.jpg

Screenshot-13_zpse5403669.jpg

Outside from the Sky Bar we go along the sides to the garden where sims can have all the fresh produce they like. The bank of air conditioners keep guest cool and happy in their rooms.
    Screenshot-97_zpsd6f7aa34.jpg

Screenshot-661_zps431badf3.jpg

To the opposite side is the rooftop pool and outdoor lounging area
    Screenshot-53_zps5208e726.jpg

Screenshot-167_zps46db3f8f.jpg

During the day this is a simple and ordinary pool
    Screenshot-566_zpsd6eed3c9.jpg

But during the night the pool glows crimson. This is a pretty cool feature of the real hotel
    Screenshot-38_zps4d198e5d.jpg

Pretty night view from on top
    rooftoppoolarea_zps5cece132.jpg

edited May 2017
    In case you're getting dizzy from the heights, now we're going way back down to the basement level. Here is the Exhibition Centre trade show, food court, shops and family pool. To enable functional gameplay for the Sims, the standard resort tower rooms have been added in the 2nd lower level.

Elevator banks with entrance to shops, food court, pool and exhibition
    Screenshot-82_zps60917b66.jpg

Maybe you'd like a makeover at the salon...
    Screenshot-110_zps66ac3e09.jpg

... or purchase something at the gift shop (add the savvy sellers door and shelves to make functional as a shop)
    Screenshot-109_zps17525b5f.jpg

Food stalls and lots of tables for a busy crowd
    Screenshot-111_zps5ef8ad19.jpg

The Sao Paulo Football Club booth in the trade show. CAP logos and pattern can be downloaded from my page.
    Screenshot-115_zps9edd62e5.jpg

Peeks at other booths in the trade show. There is also a tattoo area
    Screenshot-117_zpsf1117838.jpg

This booth incorporates a runway to show off their latest fashions
    Screenshot-122_zps0a66a285.jpg

The family pool is very colourful and the perfect place for everyone to cool down
    Screenshot-107_zpscca95887.jpg

Down the stairs are the standard rooms which get pretty full at night
    Screenshot-125_zps916a1796.jpg

I hope you enjoyed this tour. Will leave you for now with some nighttime shots. Thanks to TnT for hosting this contest. Link to my accompanying report on Sao Paulo for those who may be interested - http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/754638.page#12065234.

leftatnight_zps3317cc42.jpg

rightnight_zps32586349.jpg

INSPIRATION PICTURES

Hotel-Unique-Sao-Paulo-Brazil_zps92a808f6.jpg

events_zpse2958b8d.jpg

corporativo-meetingroomrefreshmentsarea_zpsece9c1bc.jpg

Skyerooftoprestaurant_zps549776d1.jpg

Skyerestaurant3_zpsa63e21fc.jpg

fitness4_zps09740bc2.jpg[/URL]

lobby1_zpseb1044ff.jpg

grid_24_uniquelobby_zps07e22ae9.jpg

lobbybar_zps19a2fd9f.jpg

L-Hotel-Porto-Bay-Sao-Paulo-Lobby-3_zpsddf7c907.jpg

bedroom_zps8d5ccdbb.jpg

room1_zpsd5f6e747.jpg

poolatnight_zps4205ac15.jpg
  • StarbucaneerStarbucaneer Posts: 2,561 Member
    edited May 2014
    That's a truly amazing build... Stunning...

I admire such attention to detail...

If it is cc free I would love to add it to my game to see it in all its splendour.

I am going to have to check out TnT's competition thread :mrgreen:
    Simming since the beginning! :)
  • SnowmoonSnowmoon Posts: 3,437 Member
    edited May 2014
    Wow, I love it!~
    Find my builds under Evie_Snowmoon in the Gallery!
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,594 Member
    edited May 2014
    Hotel Unique is a very nice build! :) It is great that you have designed it as a resort. Very nice exterior of it! It looks great! It looks great how you have used and placed the circular windows ! The way you have done the architectural shape of the building looks so very great ! The curving is done very great! It looks great how you have placed the plants and trees outdoors. The street lights outside the foyer look great there. Great texture and colour of the exterior of the building. Very nice furnishing of the interior of the hotel! Great lobby area for sims to check in at the front desk counter. The floor mat there looks great. They would be met with a sense of modern grandeur when coming to the hotel, both when seeing the exterior and then entering the building. Very nice lobby bar area! It looks great the type of dining seats and tables that you have used there, and great placement of them. Sims will enjoy having a drink from the bar. The tiling of the walls there looks great. Very nice sitting area in the right hand side of the lobby for sims to enjoy relaxing on the seats and having a read. There are many great facilities provided through the hotel! Sims will enjoy having a relaxing massage at the massage table. The dome type windows there look nice,. It is great that sims can keep fit using the gym equipment in the gym. They will like looking out through the windows at the outdoors views whilst using the equipment. It looks very nice how you have set up the comfortable red and black chairs in the theatre room for sims to relax on and enjoy watching a movie on the large screen tv. The movie pictures on the side wall look great. It looks great how you have placed a column either side of the screen. It looks very nice how you have done the elevator waiting area on the second floor! The pattern on the wall, the display in the centre of the area with the nice flowers on it, and the scenic pictures on the end wall are all nice for sims to see when coming to get into or leave from the elevators. Very nice public seating area! It looks very nice how you have done the water fountain feature there, with the flowers and plants either side of the fountain! It is a nice restful calming sight for the sims to see as they are sitting there. Nice furnishing of the VIP suite. The pattern on the bed looks nice and the black of the bed floor mat looks great in the room. Nice sitting area for sims to relax on the sofa or armchair and have a chat of watch tv. It looks great how you have placed the patterned curtain over the circular window.The flowers on the coffee table is a nice touch. Great study desk nook area! It looks great how the desk goes into the curve! The bathroom looks great. Nice tiling of the bathroom walls. The pattern on the walls of the laundry looks nice. It looks great that you have placed sofas back to back there for sims to sit and relax whilst waiting for their washing to finish washing and drying. The mountains picture is nice for sims to see when sitting there. The special event floor looks very nice! Very nice texture of the walls in the sitting area. Sims will enjoy sitting, chatting and relaxing in the chairs there. It is nice touches that you have placed a vase of flowers on the tables between each couple of armchairs. Very nice wedding chapel area! It looks great how you have set up the seats for the wedding guests to sit on as they enjoy watching the wedding ceremony. The sims will enjoy having the grand piano being played through their wedding and afterwards. The flowery greenery decor looks very nice how you have placed it on the walls of the music area, and at the wedding arch area. The flowers on the side wall, the vase s of flowers in the front ceremony area and the flowers at the back of the seating add to the niceness of the area. It looks very nice how you have done the semi circle of candle topped pedestals at the front of the Chapel! The harp sculpture looks nice there. Very nice reception hall! It looks great the type of dining seats that you have used there and how you have placed them. Sims will enjoy eating food from the buffet tables, then have much fun dancing on the dance floor. The flowers look nice placed on the edge of the main head row of tables . The honeymoon suites are very nice! It is great that sims can relax in their own hot tubs there! The colours of the room looks very nice! . Nice type of curtains that you have used. Sims will have nice views through the windows! Very nice type of seating that you have used in the tv watching nook area! The type of mirror suits the room. The glasses on the silver tray is a nice touch. Level 7 in the hotel is very nice! It looks great how you have done the feature with the sculptures and the plants either side of them. The training /presentation centre looks great! It looks great how you have set up the tables there! The lemonade jugs for refreshments and the books /papers on the tables look great! It is great that you have a white board, screen and speakers podium there. The type of seats you have used suits the room well! Very nice buffet room! The shade of green that you have used there looks very nice! The type of ceiling lights look very elegant and nice , and the tree plants look great either side of the buffet tables. It looks very nice how you have done the library! The corner of bookcases looks very nice! Nice comfortable chairs that you have placed there for sims to enjoy sitting, resting and having a nice read of a book. It is great how you have set up the computer study desk tables too. Sims will enjoy looking out through the windows at the views whilst either reading or using the computer . It is great that you have a samba dance studio! The platformed stage area is great! The tropical bird theme of pillars there adds to the samba theme! Very nice furnishing of the luxury suites! Nice pattern of the bed and floor mat. The window sitting area is nice for sims to have a chat or read there. The fruit bowl on the table and the bottle and glasses on the dresser is a nice touch. The Skye restaurant and bar is a very nice place for sims to enjoy dining! It looks very nice how you have set up the dining tables and chairs there. The serviette decor item on the tables looks nice. It looks nice how you have done the square group dining table where a number of sims can enjoy eating together . The fruit bowl looks nice on the tabletop. Great bar area. Nice wicker seating outdoors dining area too. Sims will enjoy eating outdoors in the sunshine. It looks great how you have done the rooftop harvestable produce garden! The row of air conditioners is a great touch! The rooftop pool and lounging area looks so very nice! Sims will enjoy relaxing on the seating there, enjoying the outdoors air and they would have such great views from there! The fruit bowls look nice on the tables. It looks nice how you have placed the plants on the edges on the rooftop.Sims will like swimming in the pool. The crimson colour of the pool at night looks great! Very nice basement level! Sims will like having a makeover at the salon. The pattern that you have used for the salon walls looks nice. The floor mat is nice. Very nice gift shop! The Brazilian dancing lady statues there look nice. It looks great how you have done the tables and chairs in the food court! Sims will enjoy buying food from the food stands that you have placed there, and eating it at the tables. It looks great how you have done a booth for the São Paulo football club at the trade show ! Great creating and using of the cap patterns there! The booth looks great! It looks very nice how you have done the booth area where you have set up a runway! Sims will like sitting there and watching a show of the latest fashions! It looks very nice how you have done the background stage area! The patterned mannequins, the flowers and the big yellow roses loo very nice! Nice pattern you have used for the walls . Very nice family pool! The colours are nice. Sims will enjoy having a drink from the pool bar whilst in the water. Your nighttime photos of the hotel look very nice!
    It is a great build! There are so many details in it! Great furnishing and layout of all the levels! :)
  • walkingstickwalkingstick Posts: 4,637 Member
    edited May 2014
    Wow! Amazing. That facade makes me go :shock: fantastically skillful. The interiors are so sumptuous. You must have bee CASing for ever!
    edited June 2014
    That's a truly amazing build... Stunning...

I admire such attention to detail...

If it is cc free I would love to add it to my game to see it in all its splendour.

I am going to have to check out TnT's competition thread :mrgreen:

Thanks very much Starbucaneer. It is indeed CC free but for some reason it's not showing up in my studio as yet. I do have a few CAPs which I created however those patterns are not typically considered CC. Will update this post when the lot is available.
    edited June 2014
    Thanks very much Snowmoon :D
    edited June 2014
    Aw Rose, you always say such wonderful things and notice even the tiny details. Thanks for your very comprehensive review and the support you provide all of us on the forum. Great big hugs :D
    edited June 2014
    Walkingstick... it take's one to know one, heh heh. Your contest entry is also truly impressive. Appreciate you popping by :D

• dawnrobdawnrob Posts: 1,296 Member
    edited June 2014
    WOW you have done a fantastic job hun :0) I have rec'd :D
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    edited June 2014
    soocool, it's sooo cool! Love the shape and the circle windows. Love the float and the clap along happy song! Nice presentation.
    edited June 2014
    Thank you very much Dawnrob and Ciane. Everyone created such wonderful entries :-)
  • TheMatteo0TheMatteo0 Posts: 509 Member
    edited June 2014
    Absolutely stunning build, very clever design of the building, and gorgeous interior design inside :).
  • AIRIS6962AIRIS6962 Posts: 5,611 Member
    edited June 2014
    It´s perfect !! :thumbup: I´m going to your Studio ( I rec´d it already, but I have to update with your creations and rec´s) Hugs :D
  • GreenCatsGreenCats Posts: 9,318 Member
    edited June 2014
    Very cool hotel! Fabulous cfe work :-)
    You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com
  • Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    edited June 2014
    what a masterpiece! :shock: and of course a rec from me. :D
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • snowdove58snowdove58 Posts: 1,699 Member
    edited June 2014
    The minute I saw your build I was so impressed. I remembered the inspiration pic and knew they were very close.Wonderful :mrgreen: You report is extensive and detailed. Kudos :mrgreen:
    edited June 2014
    TheMatteo0, Airis, Greencats, Frn0731 and snowdove58, thank you very much for your lovely comments. The CFE was a real challenge for me especially since it got messed up so many times. I'm so glad I stuck with it since I learnt things that I would do better next time. Hugs :-)
  • saitouamysaitouamy Posts: 1,104 Member
    edited June 2014
    Oh my, your hotel is stunning :shock: Love the high ceilings and sophisticated interior.
    It looks just like a real hotel! Left you a big rec :D
  • ELIROCELIROC Posts: 2,318 Member
    edited June 2014
    I can see lots of work in there. Where did you get the original pictures? Are they from a real hotel in Sao Paulo?

Excellent work! :thumbup:

Edit: forgot to say that I'll recommend (of course!)