Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 into the future

I purchased into the future a while ago, and I've noticed that my floor to ceiling windows are only one way, as in one side you can see though perfectly and the other is completely black... :?: anyone else experiencing this? Is this how it is supposed to be?

I hope its just a glitch or something :?

Comments

• Options
    Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    edited May 2014
    That's odd. Mine work as they should. Maybe you have a mod or other CC that is causing that?
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • Options
    AshpeefAshpeef Posts: 173 Member
    edited May 2014
    Occasionally I've seen the same in my game. It always happened while placing windows or glass doors in walls while moveobjects on was active. Repairing proofed simple: make sure moveobjects is off, pick up the offending object, drag it slightly away and let it snap back to the original, intended place.

At least in my case this behaviour was not due to mods or third party CC as I don't use any, though I do have (loads of) store content.
  • Options
    Jillian2634Jillian2634 Posts: 4
    edited May 2014
    it happens with and without cheats :( I've dried playing without CC and its still an issue
  • Options
    Jillian2634Jillian2634 Posts: 4
    edited May 2014
    Ashpeef wrote:
    Occasionally I've seen the same in my game. It always happened while placing windows or glass doors in walls while moveobjects on was active. Repairing proofed simple: make sure moveobjects is off, pick up the offending object, drag it slightly away and let it snap back to the original, intended place.

At least in my case this behaviour was not due to mods or third party CC as I don't use any, though I do have (loads of) store content.

I didn't use any cheats :( only things from the store
  • Options
    Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    edited May 2014
    Try using "MoveObjects On" and move the window and then turn off the cheat and see if that fixes the window. I've had houses are pre-made by EA that have some odd things happen. Using the move objects cheat corrects them. :mrgreen:
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • Options
    turtleflamingoturtleflamingo Posts: 1 New Member
    I've had the same problem and it took me forever to figure it out because I couldn't find anyone but you with that problem, but I've managed to figure it out so I'm posting here just in case someone else gets stuck and infinitely annoyed with the one-sided windows. If you have the one-sided (one side black) windows problem in the Into The Future expansion pack and you're not using any mods (or the moveobjects cheat), it's most likely due to your graphics settings. Mine were set pretty low because my laptop is weak and slow. I am not too sure which setting it is though, but just mess about with them - my money is on the advanced rendering and/or shadows/lighting options, but as I said, I'm not sure.

Hope I save someone the trouble I went through xD

Happy Simming! :smiley: