Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

(Pg 6 Current Version; save file TBA) Evermore Falls: An Everything World!

1234568...Next

Comments

• bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    I think the biggest problem with adding lots is when you add lots to areas that are empty and look good, but, they end up causing routing issues and lag in the game. I was doing that when I first started playing around with edit world and finally found a thread that explained the issues with adding lots in those 'empty' areas that can cause issues. I learned to just bulldoze existing buildings and replace with my choices and things were better. You still have to be careful how much stuff you put in a lot/house. I came to realize why the EA houses are so empty and it is to keep the lag down.
  • ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    edited April 2015
    Hi all, Ashley here. *waves* :)

So, For the past week, when my downtime permits, I've been working on adding the rest of the houses/community lots to the Full version, as well as deleting empty lots that aren't needed (leaving a few empty for any you may want).

This is due to CAW being fickle on both Sandy and I's PCs, not wanting to edit in game anymore. So, both myself and Sandy will have copies of these save files when finished.

Once this is done, I will be testing the world and seeing how long it takes to save when playing and such.

I have a mid-range computer (i5 2500k 3.30ghz, 8 RAM, AMD 6670 1GB), so every time I save the game after adding lots it takes about 1:30-4 minutes depending on how large the lots were and how many, but it's mainly consistent. This is without playing live, so I will see how live saves and does.

I also have a new high-end computer, but it's not built yet so I can't test on it; however, I would imagine that the higher your PC is, the faster it will load within reason.

This is a very large world, so I doubt it would save in 20 seconds, but I'm not sure.

I plan to release a populated and un-populated save file--again, as long as all goes well.

I would say that I'm about 85% done laying the lots and everything, so I should be able to play test both versions soon. Hopefully, there will be no major hiccups! *crosses fingers*

I do apologize for not having been on here much--work and my personal life have been very hectic lately, but thankfully Sandy offered to take over on answering comments.

Thank you all so much for your condsideration of our world, and for your positive feedback. Though I don't want to speak for Sandy, I can personally say that I am very relieved to know that people enjoy it! :heart:

All the Best,

-Ashley :)

"Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • SandraKBSandraKB Posts: 385 Member
    Hello Ashley, it is nice to see stop by for a visit! I hope your testing go well. Take care and have fun..... Big Hugs
  • ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    So, I've been testing the world with no population except for a test Sim, and for the most part it's been running pretty well.

I plan to test for a sim week, and then test a populated save for a sim week to see the difference (since I want to offer both versions).

Loading and saving for my mid-range computer seems to take a few minutes, but I'm only on the second day of the sim week, so the world is still populating and regulating.

Will have more info and pics to come! :)
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I've got a legacy into the first winter and with snow though it only took me 30 seconds for saving at the most and loading can take about 60 seconds if I clear my cache files out.I've got two families and they've made it into the first winter with few issues other than their houses are very small though that can't get fixed in the winter and has to wait until spring.I get no lag and it runs very well in the version I've got.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
    TadOlson wrote: »
    I've got a legacy into the first winter and with snow though it only took me 30 seconds for saving at the most and loading can take about 60 seconds if I clear my cache files out.I've got two families and they've made it into the first winter with few issues other than their houses are very small though that can't get fixed in the winter and has to wait until spring.I get no lag and it runs very well in the version I've got.

Hi Tad Olson, hope you are well and having fun in Evermore Falls! Thank you so much for all of your input on our world! Big Hug :-D
    I've still got the legacy in my folder and have been playing other games to fix my Mod settings and because Gibsons isn't very far ahead of the story anymore.I might get back to Evermore soon because I'll need to see what happens to my settlers over the winter and see how well they manage to survive the first winter in Maine.The legacy started with the summer of 1635 in colonial Evermore Falls.
    I've still got the legacy in my folder and have been playing other games to fix my Mod settings and because Gibsons isn't very far ahead of the story anymore.I might get back to Evermore soon because I'll need to see what happens to my settlers over the winter and see how well they manage to survive the first winter in Maine.The legacy started with the summer of 1635 in colonial Evermore Falls.

Hi TadOlson, 1635 in colonial Evermore Falls sounds interesting! did you build lots for that era?
    edited July 2015
    I've got lots I built that work for then and I use rabbit hole rugs inside custom shells for the rabbit holes.It takes me about 60 seconds to load the game if I'm not changing options from the main menu and there's no lag at all in the world.I've got a Garden Market for the grocery store,diner, book store ,spa and movie theature.I've got a bungalow I used for a city hall shell and a victorian cottage that looks like it could also be from that time for the hospital shell and for a school shell.I've got a basement rabbit hole rug for the school a rug in the hall for city hall and rugs in the hall and basemnt for the hospital.One was a hospital rug and the other was for the science center.I use simple designs like they did back then and had one family move onto an empty lot while the other family got a home and will have to move to a bigger lot later on.I also added my pool so they'd have a place to swim in the winter and could fish in any season since I've got a Mod for pool fishing.
    I've got them into late winter and they'll be starting the new year in the spring which means it will be 1636 soon.That means they can look to building onto their houses once the snow is gone and it's warmer.
    Post edited by TadOlson on
    Hello Simmer's, I am working on the final version of Evermore Falls!!!! watch for the latest release..... :)
  • oiswiseoiswise Posts: 482 Member
    @SandraKB WOW... just wow!! This is amazing. Super impressed. So much thought, work, love, time and creativity can be seen in the pics and your descriptions. This is such a wonderful gift to the simming community.

Love the idea of being able to go to the different countries without traveling. I could take or leave tombs maybe cause my sims seem to want to do anything else but explore after they roll wishes to complete a tomb etc. I do wonder if tombs being present make the world lag more? Are there tombs in the world?

My lap top is not too thrilled I put back in SN and ST... I don't even have Pets, Seasons, or anything (other than store stuff) past Uni. I have played worlds that use SP and EPs that I don't have and other than some weird proxies all is well so long as they are not very big worlds. Are any of the versions of the worlds going to be in the EA exchange?

Hello Everyone!!!! I am still working on the world, I want to make sure we have no trouble before I release it. I am expecting the reg lagging for lower grade computer. I have tested lower end and high end computers. I have also have medical problems to say the least, I will be released as soon as I can, I wont put a time date on the release sorry. Thank you all so much for being patient. Blessing :-)
    oiswise wrote: »
    @SandraKB WOW... just wow!! This is amazing. Super impressed. So much thought, work, love, time and creativity can be seen in the pics and your descriptions. This is such a wonderful gift to the simming community.

Love the idea of being able to go to the different countries without traveling. I could take or leave tombs maybe cause my sims seem to want to do anything else but explore after they roll wishes to complete a tomb etc. I do wonder if tombs being present make the world lag more? Are there tombs in the world?

My lap top is not too thrilled I put back in SN and ST... I don't even have Pets, Seasons, or anything (other than store stuff) past Uni. I have played worlds that use SP and EPs that I don't have and other than some weird proxies all is well so long as they are not very big worlds. Are any of the versions of the worlds going to be in the EA exchange?

Hey are are you doing? lol hugs take care :-)
    I've got lots I built that work for then and I use rabbit hole rugs inside custom shells for the rabbit holes.It takes me about 60 seconds to load the game if I'm not changing options from the main menu and there's no lag at all in the world.world. I've got a Garden Market for the grocery store,diner, book store ,spa and movie theature.I've got a bungalow I used for a city hall shell and a Victorian cottage that looks like it could also be from that time for the hospital shell and for a school shell. I'veI've got a basement rabbit hole rug for the school a rug in the hall for city hall and rugs in the hall and basement for the hospital.One was a hospital rug and the other was for the science center.I use simple designs like they did back then and had one family move onto an empty lot while the other family got a home and will have to move to a bigger lot later on.I also added my pool so they'd have a place to swim in the winter and could fish in any season since I've got a Mod for pool fishing.
    I've got them into late winter and they'll be starting the new year in the spring which means it will be 1636 soon.That means they can look to building onto their houses once the snow is gone and it's warmer.

Hey are are you doing? thank you!!! for all of your advise, input and help to others who have been trying this world out.!!!, I now you are an honest player and you have played these worlds......lol hugs take care :-)
    I've loaded my Evermore Falls legacy up with the entire TS3 collection installed and it was very fast and I even had trouble getting the pictures because I kept forgetting to pause the game for a shot.I've got more installed and even more Mods than I had before and I've not had lagging in any of my games and Evermore is one of the faster worlds though it could lag badly if you populate it too fast.
  • K8721K8721 Posts: 4 New Member
    I would love this world - it is exactly what I am looking for...
  • siva20092403siva20092403 Posts: 631 Member
    So where is the download link to get this world?
  • wendyyi1wendyyi1 Posts: 579 Member
    @siva20092403 There are links for full, basic and blank versions on page 5