Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Now and Then Century Manor and Amore builds - please post your pics (and links)

Comments

• gypsy54gypsy54 Posts: 484 Member
    edited May 2014
    Karritz, I love your spooky bakery have rec'd and will download later, I love that the ghosts visit.
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    edited May 2014
    gypsy54 wrote:
    Karritz, I love your spooky bakery have rec'd and will download later, I love that the ghosts visit.

Thank you.

I knew the tombstones contained ghosts but I was super surprised the first night I saw them emerging.

I tried to give them all a different death type but they all seem to look the same colour to me. :?:

This build is showing on the Exchange only intermittently so I don't think many people will find it there.
  • CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited May 2014
    :lol::lol::lol: Ty Karritz I appreciate it.Speaking of Karritz I used to be called carrot top and every other funny name for a red head when I was in middle school.I am mostly Irish so it kinda came with the territory.Later in life I decided what better way to show off being a ginger than dying your goatee a blaze pinkish red haha heres a pic.I like to change my look sometimes.
    d060_zps30cfa072.jpg
    :lol::lol:

I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
    edited April 2017
    :lol::lol::lol: Ty Karritz I appreciate it.Speaking of Karritz I used to be called carrot top and every other funny name for a red head when I was in middle school.I am mostly Irish so it kinda came with the territory.Later in life I decided what better way to show off being a ginger than dying your goatee a blaze pinkish red haha heres a pic.I like to change my look sometimes.
    d060_zps30cfa072.jpg

Karritz was the name of one of my favorite cats.

I am not a red head often. My hair dresser sees to it that I change my look every few weeks. I've been going to her for over 10 years and always let her decide on colour and cut. It's been a fun 10 years. She's very good and people often compliment my hair. I am always reasonably up to date with it too. :lol:

And I'm almost half Irish. I sang in the choir at the Irish Club for a few years.
    Post edited by Karritz on
  • CHimechAngaCHimechAnga Posts: 290 Member
    edited May 2014
    Karritz wrote:
    Yes. You can post anything here that uses at least some of the 40 things we got with that venue.

I just put the whole venue name in the subject - but I suspect I could have been more creative and shortened it a bit.

And if you use roller coaster items as well, then you can add it to the roller coaster thread as well.

Some people started doing that with the bakery and roller coaster threads already.

I'll be putting my bakery in the bakery thread too when I've finished it. But I'm going to have a little break now for a while. I need one. :mrgreen:

Yes you have been quite busy with your Bakery and it looks really fun!... I'll run over and give you a rec. Thanks for answering my question so I'll post my pics here when I'm finished and if I decide to do the underground mine I'll post it in the RC thread as well.

As for the Ghostly Tombstone trick I'll have to check that out over at Zoo U. I have both Ambitions and WA. Thanks ;)
    edited May 2014
    I meant to give you the link to the thread. But I've gone out again and forgot to do it. I'll try to remember when I get home again.
  • MmdrgntobldrgnMmdrgntobldrgn Posts: 6,680 Member
    edited May 2014
    sorry no pic, but I plopped the 'now' house down into the copy of MH I'm using for an apocalypse challenge
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Exploring life through imagination & satire since 1969.
    Save Game Often
    repair & clear caches Often
    S3 Studio
    S3 blog Story, lists of empty lots by world
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
    edited May 2014
    sorry no pic, but I plopped the 'now' house down into the copy of MH I'm using for an apocalypse challenge

I put both mansions into Moonlit Falls. Then I had a quick look through them both before closing the game and starting the Spectral Bakery build in MH.
  • kateoverendkateoverend Posts: 7,985 Member
    edited May 2014
    d060_zps30cfa072.jpg

It is a man extremely confident in his masculinity that will wear pink! :lol::wink:
    Craven, you are rockin' that pink goatee! :thumbup:
    rnKEhBT.png
  • kateoverendkateoverend Posts: 7,985 Member
    edited May 2014
    Karritz wrote:
    Spectral Bakery

Lot Type: Hangout - fully upgraded
    Lot Size: 30x20
    Cost: 215,184
    Exchange Link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8197212

The bakery is on the ground floor. It has a kitchen and toilet facilities as well as a dining room.

Access to the attic living quarters is by a ladder in the kitchen.

Kitchen and behind the counter are blocked from access to all but the current family.

Barrier to Entry system. You will need to set this for your own family. Just click on each of the two barrier to entry doors and set the locks to allow only your family. Or else make the locks do whatever else you want them to do. There is no ticket machine on the lot so you will have to add one if you want to use the ticketing system.

There are 5 graves in the garden plus a few extra tombstones. The ghosts will come out and haunt the bakery. They eat and posses things.

The garden has a small pond and I added 2 fish spawners to it. There are also 4 fog emitters in the garden for butterflies, fireflies, fog and moths.

There is a partly decorated basement for you to have some fun finding and decorating.

Have fun:)

Spectral_Bakery0001.jpg"width=680"

Spectral_Bakery0002.jpg"width=680"

Spectral_Bakery0003.jpg"width=680"

Spectral_Bakery0004.jpg"width=680"

Spectral_Bakery0005.jpg"width=680"

Spectral_Bakery0006.jpg"width=680"

Spectral_Bakery0007.jpg"width=680"

Spectral_Bakery0008.jpg"width=680"

Spectral_Bakery0009.jpg"width=680"

Spectral_Bakery0010.jpg"width=680"

Spectral_Bakery0011.jpg"width=680"

Spectral_Bakery0012.jpg"width=680"

Spectral_Bakery0013.jpg"width=680"

Spectral_Bakery0014.jpg"width=680"

Spectral_Bakery0015.jpg"width=680"

Spectral_Bakery0016.jpg"width=680"

Spectral_Bakery0017.jpg"width=680"

Spectral_Bakery0018.jpg"width=680"

Spectral_Bakery0019.jpg"width=680"

gifs upload
    Karritz your Spectral Bakery is wonderful - I love it! ❤
    It is a good size, easy to fit anywhere in MH [one of my three favourite worlds :)] I have downloaded this and will add it to my game :) Thank you for sharing it with us *hugs* >----(^_^)----<
    rnKEhBT.png
    edited May 2014
    Karritz wrote:
    Yes. You can post anything here that uses at least some of the 40 things we got with that venue.

I just put the whole venue name in the subject - but I suspect I could have been more creative and shortened it a bit.

And if you use roller coaster items as well, then you can add it to the roller coaster thread as well.

Some people started doing that with the bakery and roller coaster threads already.

I'll be putting my bakery in the bakery thread too when I've finished it. But I'm going to have a little break now for a while. I need one. :mrgreen:

Yes you have been quite busy with your Bakery and it looks really fun!... I'll run over and give you a rec. Thanks for answering my question so I'll post my pics here when I'm finished and if I decide to do the underground mine I'll post it in the RC thread as well.

As for the Ghostly Tombstone trick I'll have to check that out over at Zoo U. I have both Ambitions and WA. Thanks ;)

Finally I have remembered to get you the link and I have my computer on - so I can defeat those senior moments occasionally. :D

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/569572.page

This is the link to the course. The first lesson starts on Page 6 of the thread.

The info on making the ghosts is just a little bit added in at the end so if you don't want to learn about setting triggers and traps and things you can go to the last few pages and you'll find your answer with pictures and all.
    edited May 2014
    Karritz your Spectral Bakery is wonderful - I love it! ❤
    It is a good size, easy to fit anywhere in MH [one of my three favourite worlds :)] I have downloaded this and will add it to my game :) Thank you for sharing it with us *hugs* >----(^_^)----<

Thank you Kate. I hope you enjoy it. And it is no surprise to me that it will fit onto a lot in Midnight Hollow - that's where it was built. It was down the road past the hospital.

Please let me know if you enjoy playing with it (or not).

I am getting to know more about using fog emitters - but the butterflies in this one keep fluttering all day and night. I considered taking them out, then I thought about trying to set up a Processor and connecting the butterfly fog emitter to it on some sort of a timer. But in the end I just decided to let whoever downloads it decide how they want it to work. :mrgreen:

The moths and fireflies only seem to come out at night. :D

EDIT: I just had to add that this is my favourite bakery I've built so far. Especially in the garden.
  • Bily_jednorozecBily_jednorozec Posts: 1,574 Member
    edited May 2014
    Hi, Karritz! Wonderfull work, just runned to rc'd it. So strong atmosphere and suddenly I have had cold. Sfortunatelly access from here was haunted by Liam (more attempts), I've acessed from yours page and I've got it. Rc'd. :thumbup:
    PS: Cupcakes are without cobwebs? :wink: In RL I wouldn't buy from there nothing and seller is really scary. :XD:
    "My Studio" on thesims3.com "My Blog" on thesims3.com
    Sorry for editing my comments frequently, in most cases I'm doing this due language issues (english isn't my native language, but I'm using english, because most used by people, with who I want to communicate).
  • YellowJaneYellowJane Posts: 6,589 Member
    edited May 2014
    Amazing build Karritz! Love it :D
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    edited May 2014

^ Wonderful! Keep 'em coming... :D

Loving looking at everyone's great builds - some very talented builders out there :-)
  • twilight_aerithtwilight_aerith Posts: 653 Member
    edited May 2014
    I'm currently working on a new build with the new set. I'll post here when I'm finished. Maybe later tonight or possibly tomorrow. :D
    Origin ID: Samerella
  • Dragon123561Dragon123561 Posts: 2,262 Member
    edited May 2014
    I'm on a building break, but it looks like I might return, To help contribute to this thread. :wink:
    OTBANNERhol_zpslahzogjc.png

• vcosleyvcosley Posts: 880 Member
    edited May 2014

OMG, this is great. Good job

Great builds here, I love being inspired.
  • DianeTaylorDianeTaylor Posts: 701 Member
    edited May 2014
    Karritz-
    Your Spectral Bakery is vey cool! I can imagine the accomplishment you felt when you came back & found 'visitors' already in your bakery!

Donna-
    Love your farmhouse- Very cute!

Rumbutter-
    Very cool idea for a drawbridge!

CHimechAnga-
    The 'mine' roller coaster ride sounds like SO much fun!

Craven-
    Your videos are so fun & creative! When I was tricked with* I mean SAW the Egypt one, I thought- Hey! He should do a Thriller one! And the very same day I found you had! It may NOW be my favorite! Love it!

I think I'm going to do some of Zoo's courses. I just will have a problem doing them online. My family keeps me from making my own plans most of the time lol
  • EveebellaEveebella Posts: 832 Member
    edited May 2014
    This is my WIP for the now manor:

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

Eveebella
  • rumbutterrumbutter Posts: 3,756 Member
    edited May 2014
    @ DianeTaylor thank you :)
    @ Eveebella perfect for moonlit falls , the Addams's family the and the munsters :D

wasn't able to get to my game for 2 days Kar so hopefully I can this evening a grab a screenie of the meals n wheels WIP
    edited May 2014
    Hi, Karritz! Wonderfull work, just runned to rc'd it. So strong atmosphere and suddenly I have had cold. Sfortunatelly access from here was haunted by Liam (more attempts), I've acessed from yours page and I've got it. Rc'd. :thumbup:
    PS: Cupcakes are without cobwebs? :wink: In RL I wouldn't buy from there nothing and seller is really scary. :XD:

Thanks Bobi. In real life I wouldn't go near the place. :shock:

When I was putting those cobwebs in it I thought they might be bad for business. Then I went ahead and put them in anyway. :lol::lol:
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    edited May 2014
  • Puncky99Puncky99 Posts: 338 Member
    edited May 2014
  • CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited May 2014
    Puncky, your build is beautiful! I love the screens of the stairs and the porch!