Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

RELEASED: Angel City, the Successor to Los Aniegos.

Comments

• Cyberqueen13Cyberqueen13 Posts: 2,835 Member
    edited June 2014
    Cool that you have Chinatown :mrgreen:

Checkout this forum regarding the Liam question.
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/321637.page
  • SaffiLabramSaffiLabram Posts: 24 New Member
    edited June 2014
    Is anyone else having a problem that the world is really dark and doesn't get sunny? It's perfect otherwise :cry:

strange..after I reloaded the world the weather was all fixed! any fixes for the bridge issue though or is Monte Vista the only option? Thank you again! You don't know how much joy I got from Los Aniegos
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • RukayaRukaya Posts: 2,553 Member
    edited June 2014
    I would love to test this world but not with the CC. Are you planning to make a CC free version? So glad you are not using ITF. I have all the other EPS and most SPS. SaffLabram I had the dark problem with another world. When I turned off all the weather ie. rain, snow fog, etc problem solved.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • SaffiLabramSaffiLabram Posts: 24 New Member
    edited June 2014
    Rukaya the darkness issue is all sorted thanks!

Still unsure about the bridge issue though - how is everyone else getting around it? I really hate EA worlds and I am quite reluctant to download it for the benefit of a bridge....
  • WordFlyerJoshWordFlyerJosh Posts: 2 New Member
    edited June 2014
    Any chance of a version of this with non-EA Store bridges? I don't want to Lucky Palms and Sunlight Tides just to play this, but the city looks great other than the missing bridges...but the missing bridges will keep it from being playable. I have all the expansions (except Supernatural and Into the Future). I always enjoyed Los Aniegos, but was looking forward to something smoother.
  • RukayaRukaya Posts: 2,553 Member
    edited July 2014
    Costerboi I am so hoping that you release a CC free version of this world with the Ferris Wheel in a package. I don't use mods so fixing families with NRASs is out for me too. I cnant afford to buy the ferris whell. so don't even know if the CC F.W. would be an issue for me.
  • kiara07kiara07 Posts: 575 Member
    edited July 2014
    Can I play this game with patch 1.57? Lately all the worlds I want are 1.63 :(
  • shipofsimsshipofsims Posts: 905 Member
    edited July 2014
    Just wanted to tell you how much I love your new world.
    It's absolutely my favorite custom world at this moment and I don't think that"s going to change anytime soon. :mrgreen:

I could install it trough the exchange and launcher fine and have not noticed any lag.
    I love the realistic atmosphere and I don't think sims 4 can ever come close to it.
    So thanks again!
  • RaeenithRaeenith Posts: 7
    edited July 2014
    Thank you for creating this awesome world! I say that as a Sim player and as a Southern Californian!

It does lag a bit, but I'm certain that's on my end. NRAAS also keep reporting a sim that keeps getting stuck.

Only issue I have with it is the Catriona Club. The icon for it appears twice over the building and when my sim went in, there was nothing there.
  • Llandros2012Llandros2012 Posts: 620 Member
    edited July 2014
    Did anyone ever find the cemetery? I am still having trouble finding it unless it is on a lot that doubles for something else.

I really enjoyed playing in the world for a bit today and will start a family there soon. Thank you for the work you put into this - off to check out your other versions as well!
  • DampyDampy Posts: 2
    edited July 2014
    LOL I've always thought about living in Los Santos and playing as Trevor in a trailer park.
  • DampyDampy Posts: 2
    edited July 2014
    Hi! I love your worlds! :D I just started playing Angel City and I noticed the bridge between downtown and the lower cost suburb is missing? It's the one that goes into the small neighborhood where the benez sisters live, I think.

2jaxq3p.jpg

That uppermost bridge in there is missing for me.
  • Cendres13Cendres13 Posts: 258 Member
    edited July 2014
    I love love this world!! Thanks for taking the time to make a more streamlined version of Los Aniegos. It's just superb!

Screenshot-228.jpg
  • itzVeronicax3itzVeronicax3 Posts: 71 New Member
    edited July 2014
    Currently playing in Angel City and I love it! No random lags, and it has everything for a perfect world. City-life, beach-life, country-life, rich celebrities, middle class, and not affluent class. It's the perfect mix.

My simmy just drove from the city to the country and the road has a very natural feel. Great job Coasterboi!
  • Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    edited July 2014
    In the main post it says we need all EPs up to IP, but on the download page, it only lists the base game and a handful of store objects. I'm wondering where the fully loaded download for the world is?
  • CoasterboiCoasterboi Posts: 301 New Member
    edited July 2014
    Hey everyone, i'd like to confirm that for those of you missing the bridge connecting Mirror Park from the rest of the city, it is part of the Monte Vista world. Sorry for the confusion - I had originally thought it was a part of World Adventures.
  • LaurenzaLaurenza Posts: 26 Member
    edited July 2014
    I absolutely loved Los Aniegos, and from these pictures Angel City is an improvement on an already amazing world! However I can't download simply because I don't have Monte Vista installed :cry: - Of course I could but don't want to mar its beauty by having a missing bridge...

Coasterboi, please release the world without that bridge - I'm sure people are more than likely to have the required expansion packs but not everyone downloads EA Store worlds (why do we need to when we have yours?? :wink: )

Saying that... I do have Lucky Palms and Sunlit Tides :wink:
  • odunicaodunica Posts: 8 New Member
    edited August 2014
    Can anyone tell me what the Terrain Paint is the grass on in this city? I mean the one that's up the hill with all the empty lots.
  • jojobe71jojobe71 Posts: 365 Member
    edited September 2014
    I just downloaded it and i have monta vista installed and im missing 4 bridges. I also use the launcher to install it and used it to start the game. Does not make a difference. So i do not know.

-- i know now the bridges come from monta vista and super natural. I got supernatural and there are the bridges.
    Post edited by jojobe71 on
  • RibbonHeartRibbonHeart Posts: 2 New Member
    When trying to install I am getting this error "please make sure your game has the latest software updates and try again" I have all expansion packs and the store worlds to boot but no luck on the install! It seems I am not alone, if anyone has a fix please post! I'd love to play this amazing world & love each one Coasterboi has made so far! :)
  • RibbonHeartRibbonHeart Posts: 2 New Member
    Hmm okay so I took the suggestion from another member on this discussion and tried adding it to game instead of downloading the file and it worked! So for the people having issues downloading and installing, go to Coasterboi's page find the game click the "add to game" button instead of saving the file. It worked for me! :)
  • darktendrildarktendril Posts: 1 New Member
    edited June 2015
    OMG how have I gone so long without knowing about this?!!!! And why hasn't EA hired you yet??! You have made all their worlds look amateurish. I have been playing this world for a couple days now, and am still continuously mind blown with each new lot or venue I enter! I just discovered the "Underworld". Fitting, since I was with my date, Candyman :) Yes I know that movie was set in Chicago, but couldn't help myself when I saw the housing projects - I altered that one a bit inside to make it creepier, and filled with graffiti, candles and bees :D
  • ReddvelvettReddvelvett Posts: 236 Member
    Well I just tried to install the world and it keeps telling me to patch my game, but it is fully patched.
  • ReddvelvettReddvelvett Posts: 236 Member
    Well I just tried to install the world and it keeps telling me to patch my game, but it is fully patched.

Nevermind, the site where I got it from apparently was a different file I guess. Getting from here was perfect.
  • HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    @Coasterboi, I don't know if you still check the forums now and then, but if you do, I wanted to tell you that I've got a game going on in your world and I'm having a blast! My sim is in the film career and she had an affair with Pat Gabriel and they had a daughter. And then Twallan's SP announced one day that Nick Vespucci married LadyLaLa (boy did that ever crack me up!) and now my sim just married Jake Russell. :D

I had to change all the strays, horses, and wildlife to zeroes with NRASS Register mod to stop some lagging (darn horses just won't stay out of the downtown area!) so it's been running great for me.

I was also wondering if you had ever built an estate on the empty 60x60 lot up in the hills? And if you had, would you be willing to share it? Your houses are always great and I can't build on a slope to save my life, so that poor lot just sits there empty and my famous actress would love to move there. ;)
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!