Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

latest patch update 403 forbidden

Comments

• Options
    blunote00blunote00 Posts: 18,476 Member
    edited May 2014
    Rmhm9 wrote:
    well I am using google chrome and I clicked on the super patch link and got the 403 forbidden again so I guess they have not fixed it yet.
    Want to go back to testing your connection. I want you to Hit Windows Key + R to open the RUN box. Type in cmd.

1) Need you to run a ping report and run a tracert on akamai.cdn.ea.com to see the results. Your report should look just like below in Windows Command Prompt. To copy/paste from WCP, at the top where you close the window just right-click > edit > select all to highlight. The right-click > edit > copy. Paste everything in a post here. Then "X" out or type exit to close.

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
    Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\blunote>ping akamai.cdn.ea.com

Pinging a1750.d.akamai.net [23.218.156.42] with 32 bytes of data:
    Reply from 23.218.156.42: bytes=32 time=32ms TTL=58
    Reply from 23.218.156.42: bytes=32 time=34ms TTL=58
    Reply from 23.218.156.42: bytes=32 time=28ms TTL=58
    Reply from 23.218.156.42: bytes=32 time=43ms TTL=58

Ping statistics for 23.218.156.42:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
    Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 28ms, Maximum = 43ms, Average = 34ms

C:\Users\blunote>tracert akamai.cdn.ea.com

Tracing route to a1750.d.akamai.net [23.218.156.42]
    over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 1 ms 30 ms 1 ms 192.168.1.1
    2 939 ms 429 ms 83 ms 10.101.0.1
    3 42 ms 8 ms 9 ms 68.13.10.165
    4 9 ms 36 ms 9 ms 68.13.9.121
    5 31 ms 24 ms 77 ms 68.1.5.140
    6 24 ms 43 ms 47 ms dalsbprj01-ae1-216.rd.dl.cox.net [68.105.30.62]
    7 717 ms 56 ms 635 ms a23-218-156-42.deploy.static.akamaitechnologies.com [23.218.156.42]

Trace complete.

Will occasionally provide tech support on this forum or over on Answer HQ. ▬ At my age, competence is a turn on! (©¿©)
    DO NOT - PM me tech ?s/issues. ▬ DO create a thread in it's respective Technical Forum. Vacation goes by way too fast!
    US Links ► (TS3), Help for all things Sims (Answer HQ).
  • Options
    Rmhm9Rmhm9 Posts: 71 Member
    edited May 2014
    ok after I type in cmd a box opens what do i do next
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Rmhm9 wrote:
    ok after I type in cmd a box opens what do i do next
    The instructions are above. Type in

ping akamai.cdn.ea.com

after C:\Users\your username>

Then after the ping has run. Type in

tracert akamai.cdn.ea.com

Copy/paste the entire report in a post just like I did above.
    Will occasionally provide tech support on this forum or over on Answer HQ. ▬ At my age, competence is a turn on! (©¿©)
    DO NOT - PM me tech ?s/issues. ▬ DO create a thread in it's respective Technical Forum. Vacation goes by way too fast!
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    ok running it now will copy when done
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
    Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\Rose>ping akamai.cdn.ea.com

Pinging a1750.d.akamai.net.0.1.cn.akamaitech.net [184.51.126.99] with 32 bytes o
    f data:
    Reply from 184.51.126.99: bytes=32 time=35ms TTL=59

Ping statistics for 184.51.126.99:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
    Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 35ms, Maximum = 35ms, Average = 35ms

C:\Users\Rose>tracert akamai.cdn.ea.com

Tracing route to a1750.d.akamai.net.0.1.cn.akamaitech.net [184.51.126.99]
    over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 1 ms 1 ms 1 ms 192.168.2.1
    2 * 28 ms 28 ms nc-67-235-40-1.dhcp.embarqhsd.net [67.235.40.1]

3 28 ms 28 ms 28 ms rcmt-agw1.inet.qwest.net [71.32.28.17]
    4 43 ms * 65 ms dcx2-edge-01.inet.qwest.net [67.14.28.70]
    5 35 ms 36 ms 36 ms 65.122.30.162
    6 36 ms 36 ms 35 ms a184-51-126-99.deploy.static.akamaitechnologies.
    com [184.51.126.99]

Trace complete.

C:\Users\Rose>
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Okay well both look good. Just wanted to double-check it's nothing on your side.

Stay on them (CS) and don't let them close your incident ticket. Nag the heck out of them and they can escalate it if they have to. They need to figure out why you're being blocked.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    ok I will but one question because I have never done it before I have my case number but when I go into the help center where do I enter the case number
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Rmhm9 wrote:
    ok I will but one question because I have never done it before I have my case number but when I go into the help center where do I enter the case number
    You shouldn't have to. When you login to Answer HQ, any open cases you have should show down the right side. All you have to do is click on it IIRC.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    ok thank you for all your help I will post again to let you know when it gets fixed
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Rmhm9 wrote:
    ok thank you for all your help I will post again to let you know when it gets fixed
    No problem. I'll be keeping track.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    ok update just got done with live chat and they said tomorrow the problem will be 100% fixed they said it is almost done now and my time is 12:07 am 5/1/2014 so I will be trying the patch again on 5/2/2014.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Rmhm9 wrote:
    ok update just got done with live chat and they said tomorrow the problem will be 100% fixed they said it is almost done now and my time is 12:07 am 5/1/2014 so I will be trying the patch again on 5/2/2014.
    Again we wait. :?

I have wedding/dance rehearsal (sister's wedding) after work that day. I will get home late but I will check back when I get home. :wink:
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    well it is 11:24 am 5/2/2014 my time and I just tried to download the super patch http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/175477.page from this forum link again and I still get the 403 forbidden so when the people on live chat say it will be fixed they are lying. I am so tired of this you can be sure EA is not getting anymore money from me. I will not be buying Sims 4 and I will not be buying anymore store content. I am glad I have my store content I have bought over the years downloaded on another computer so I don't loose it.
  • Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited May 2014
    I'm really sorry to hear that. Wish there was something us users could do for you.

I don't even think there's an alternative link somewhere. Since it's so big, everyone just links the official site.

EDIT: There is one at patches-scrolls.com and it should be the official patch but you'll not be downloading from an EA site so you'll be doing so at your own risk.
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    edited May 2014
    well thank you for commenting but I am not going to use a site that is not EA official site, that is why I don't use mods. My game SKUVersion is 1.62.153.024001 and my origin version is 9.4.7.2799 with all expansion and all stuff packs installed I really would like to download all my store content, do I need the latest patch 1.67. for my game to run the store content?
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Rmhm9 wrote:
    well thank you for commenting but I am not going to use a site that is not EA official site, that is why I don't use mods. My game SKUVersion is 1.62.153.024001 and my origin version is 9.4.7.2799 with all expansion and all stuff packs installed I really would like to download all my store content, do I need the latest patch 1.67. for my game to run the store content?
    All those numbers look good to me. That is the latest Origin update. I see no reason on this end why they are denying you access. You should be able to download your store content at that patch level.

sent via mobile phone

• Options
    edited May 2014
    thank you I will go ahead and download my store content and just ignore the patch update. will let you know if game runs with store content installed.
  • Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited May 2014
    Ug, so close. 1.63 should be enough to download your stuff but as far as I know there's no incremental from 1.62 to 1.63.
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    edited May 2014
    There was a thread (I can't search on my phone) where ceejay and I worked an issue with dl'g store content. Only a few items wouldn't dl because of patch issue. IIRC the patch level was lower than the OP's.

sent via mobile phone
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    ok, but so far I have not ran into any errors or problems downloading and installing I still have a lot to go but so far so good. I do have the store content patches my launcher downloaded them with no problem.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    I'm glad the content is downloading. They "still" need to figure out why their server is blocking you. It recognizes you but it doesn't give you permission/allow you to download. You have a right to download updates for the software you purchased and they can't deny you the right.

I would make sure that incident ticket stays open and bug the 🐸🐸🐸🐸. out of them. And if they feed you that same line then I would insist on the ticket being escalated. They need to get it sorted on their side. I did say it would be a PITA and I don't like the refer users to CS. But there is nothing we can do to fix the issue for you; and trust me I'm sorry about that.

EDIT: Too many typos tonight.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Don't worry I will continue to go through live chat til I get the patch. But I looked in answer HQ and my live chat session is not there so I have to use the live chat each time which gives me a new case # every time.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    I do have one question with my DCCache folder I have a file called missingdeps.idx what is this
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Rmhm9 wrote:
    Don't worry I will continue to go through live chat til I get the patch. But I looked in answer HQ and my live chat session is not there so I have to use the live chat each time which gives me a new case # every time.
    I believe you get an email with your case number on it. I would open a new case and reference the old case then tell them to just escalated it as your issue is not resolved. I'm frustrated for you as this is "incompetence" at it's finest. :roll:

Rmhm9 wrote:
    I do have one question with my DCCache folder I have a file called missingdeps.idx what is this
    This link explains what your game data folder are for.
    http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS3_User_Folders_Explained

• Options
    NichaedemusNichaedemus Posts: 16,905 Member
    edited May 2014
    Hi,

If you can, one option is to use a public computer with internet access to download the manual patch directly from EA. From there you can transfer the downloaded file to a portable backup storage device of your choice. For the purposes of downloading the manual patch there is no need to log into the TS3 website at all.
    When you need help with The Sims 3 or The Sims 4, be sure to check out the Master Help Thread today!