Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Export Sims from CAS Keeps Failing

Jed_Bartlet_02Jed_Bartlet_02 Posts: 425 Member
edited March 8 in Nominated Threads
Suddenly I can no longer share a Sim while in CAS, it just keeps saying "Export Failed." Of course, there's no explanation or error code. I did download some Sims from the exchange, which I usually never do, and one of them had some adult boots that it kept putting on toddler's feet, but I can't figure how that would stop me from Sharing a Sim in CAS, especially since the Sim I'm trying to share does not have any CC.

Is there something going on that I'm not aware of?
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• NichaedemusNichaedemus Posts: 16,905 Member
    edited April 2014
    Hi,

It sounds like the game is trying to attach third party custom content to the Sim you are exporting to the launcher. As for a possible fix, after quitting the game and launcher navigate to the following location:

Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/DCBackup

Delete all files inside the DCBackup folder except the ccmerged.package file. Deleting the rest of the files will not affect your game other than preventing it from attaching third party content to your exported Sim. It would also be a good idea to delete the following game cache files from Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3:

CASPartCache.package
    CompositorCache.package
    ScriptCache.package
    SimCompositorCache.package

Deleting the cache files should force the game to reload the most current graphics and script data in a pristine state. It is perfectly safe to delete the cache files as the game will automatically regenerate them each time.
    When you need help with The Sims 3 or The Sims 4, be sure to check out the Master Help Thread today!
  • Jed_Bartlet_02Jed_Bartlet_02 Posts: 425 Member
    edited April 2014
    Yep, that's what it was. Thanks! Turned out it was that stinkin' Arezzo Bathroom Counter that attached itself to the Sims I downloaded. Serves me right for giving in to the temptation of wanting some nice looking Sims in my game. I'll stick with my ordinary looking ones.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top