Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Play and Share continued

Comments

• Zabeth0Zabeth0 Posts: 1,337 Member
    1pt47o.jpg

Zelda: "This is definitely the coolest car I've been in. Kinda quiet, though, can you guys even feel it running up there? And what's with the nail polish paint job?"

Mr. Reyes: This was a guarded answer, just returning a fact. "I prefer the quiet ones. My daughter Leigh and I painted it together as a project."

Zelda: "Oh, well, then that's cool, doing stuff with your kid....do cars explode a lot? I see them exploding all the time in movies...how careful do you have to be to keep the stupidd things from exploding?"

Mr. Reyes: He smiled but kept from laughing at her question, the amusement reached his eyes. "Cars almost never explode. Movies are often exaggerated for entertainment value. Have either of you driven before?"

Rafael: "I haf." He reluctantly admitted. He did not want to drive, he was very good it; he had excellent reflexes, but if he got behind the wheel, he'd have to watch himself very carefully to keep himself from automatically reverting to 'high speed chase' driving, since he'd learned to drive in those circumstances. He would do it for Zelda if she really wanted him to, but he was hoping there was some way this would not be required of him.

Zelda: "But you've just been taking taxis! If you could drive then why didn't you?"

Rafael: She sounded so angry, like it was some act of betrayal that he wasn't driving...and he had no intention of inadvertently betraying her again! His eyes widened and he desperately reached for excuses to justify why he hadn't been driving so she could see it was totally not anything to do with denying her anything. "I don't evyen own a carr, Zyelda. And I'd nyeed birrth cerrtyificate forr license, so it vas technyically illegal forr me to drrife so vhile I can, I vill rrespyect the condyitions of ourr arrrangemyent and not brreak the-"

Zelda: "Pfft! Like you care about breaking the law-"

Rafael: "Zyelda, Mistyerr Reyes does not vant to dyeal vith crriminyals." Now he realized how completely he'd dropped the ball. She was not his partner in crime, this would not stop her from giving him away...in fact, it had been a knee jerk reaction for him to say that to try to stop her but he should have tried to distract her with something to derail her following that course of thought, and there was no stopping her now. Clearly the whole vampire situation had scrambled his mind, and turned him into an iddiot!

Zelda: "But he means like...not dealing with a hornets nest of criminals, right? Not you, I mean, you're a criminal and you were in the deal from the beginning. Because we can't have a honeymoon without you, so, obviously you're immune from that hang up, right?"

Rafael: It was perhaps too optimistic for him to hope Zelda would not blurt out that he was a criminal. He had expected that they would be too busy sightseeing for it to ever come up, but clearly they couldn't make it to the man's house and be model guests before the secret was out. He looked at Mr. Reyes.

Mr. Reyes: Mr. Reyes gave a half hearted shrug, and kept driving. "We don't care about drivers licensing on this island since it's so remote and we have so few people who would be applying each year. You wouldn't believe what a hassle it would be for us out here. You can borrow any of the cars while you are here."

Rafael: Was Mr. Reyes assuming that this was just him admitting to having broken the law of driving without a license or did he not hear Zelda or was he ignoring what she'd said so he could have plausible deniability? Or was he dealing with this in this way because he didn't dare anger the witch in the car but once they got out...? Then again, if one was going to attack a witch, wouldn't it be better to do it in a very tight space like a car? Obviously she wouldn't have a lot of capacity to get out her wand and aim it from the back seat of the car, probably even worse if she'd sat up front. As this was a two door vehicle and she'd sat in the back seat, Zelda would be most vulnerable when exiting the car, would he attack her then? Rafael watched Mr. Reyes but the man's muscles were relaxed, he looked no more tense than he had when they'd gotten in the car. Mr. Reyes gave him such a calm, placid look, he found himself feeling guilty for thinking the man might attack them. Of course, there was the possibility that Mr. Reyes knew he was a criminal from whoever gave him the information about them that they were both orphans, and knew the whole time, but was going along with it anyway. Rafael would open the door for Zelda, like he had before, but he'd be ready for an attack in case he was mistaken about Mr. Reyes... just to be safe.

fwj76e.jpg

Zelda: She pointed quickly from the back seat. "Look Twinkle Toes, it's a real gas station, like in the Petrolgeist movies! With like pumps and dirty trash cans and everything!"

iz1cpc.jpg

Rafael: He'd seen the Petrolgeist movies with Vlad; they'd laughed at the comically wrong plasma spurts, it was one of those bucket of plasma movies where people were screaming and running around with red syrup, and since the two were actual thugs at the time, and movies always made it look so obvious when someone was murdered... in movies, everyone knew that pile of clothes and gore...had been a person, they didn't walk around it like someone was leaving dirty trash in their way or demand to know why someone didn't clean up the road kill or why this mannequin was in their way. And of course, it was a ghost movie, so some of the things were obviously not right because of the way the body worked, but now he needed to ask Zelda about what real ghosts could really do... since they were an actual concern, and he'd at least been able to blow off the premise as ridiculous last time...and now he would need to ask her about ghosts for real. But not yet. He wanted to talk with her privately. His ignorance had already been used to hurt them both once, he didn't want anything more used, and he certainly didn't want to have to deal with ghosts next time! "Eh, Zelda... You havyent byeen to gyas styations in Moonlyight Falls? I havyent, but I saw them vhen I vas lookink arround to gyet familiarr vith the town."

Zelda: "Nope, I guess I forgot about them. I used to not care that much, humans would just do their strange human things, and I'd just do my witch things, but now that I've got you, I'd like to do human stuff with you while I can. You've got to take me to that gas station while we're here, I totally need to see a real gas station from the inside!"

Rafael: She was on an island with an active volcano, pristine beaches with clear water and clown fish, lush tropical gardens with sculpture parks, lagoons, pools, a waterfall, an open air art museum, a row of restaurants which served world famous food...and she was excited by the idea that he'd take her to a gas station. He tried to keep in mind that it was exotic to her, just like magic was still exotic to him. He considered her car question...movies made these everyday things seem dangerous and exciting, so she was being daring trying to face dangers that weren't even real. "Latyer vhen ve are drrivink arround, I vill take you to that gas station, Zyelda. You vill see yits not excitink."

Zelda: "Oh, it'll be exciting. You'll be there, how could that possibly be boring?"

Rafael: He thought about making a joke about taking his sketch book like it was a challenge to be met, but this was the closest to a compliment he'd likely get from her, and he was, despite himself, feeling touched by her confidence. "I vill do my byest to find vays to kyeep you entyerrtained, Zyelda."

Mr. Reyes: He glanced sideways, mildly appraising Rafael's expression and continued driving.
  • cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    Zabeth0 wrote: »
    1pt47o.jpg

Zelda: "This is definitely the coolest car I've been in. Kinda quiet, though, can you guys even feel it running up there? And what's with the nail polish paint job?"

Great story telling.
  • wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
    Well I was going to play my game on my new computer but um...well...this happened. O.o
    UFolmYc.png
    F9bYpxS.png
    6JSxk49.png?1
  • cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    Well I was going to play my game on my new computer but um...well...this happened. O.o
    UFolmYc.png
    F9bYpxS.png

I googled "Sims 3 new graphics card" and found several links to info. Here's one at simswiki
    edited November 2017
    @Venus: It does not sound like she's nearly close to being partied out... perhaps the shake up is that she's not around her friend peer group, but that doesn't mean she's adjusting particularly well. Is that an intervention? Oh, it sounds like maybe Skylar is making partying part of her identity to try to shield herself from the whole genius drawback of thinking too much to sleep. And Paris probably remembers Sierra running until she slept in public lol. Hopefully Paris means Skylar no harm and is not tricking her to dump all the work of the sorority on the girl whom she knows is a genius! (Paris: We couldn't have Sierra, but her younger sister is easier to get into it! Tell her it's a party and you caught her!) Hopefully the sorority can get her to use her skills instead of hiding them or fighting them with juice! At the bare minimum, if she's going into show biz, she needs to know people will use her if she isn't careful... before the costs of learning that are too high. ;)

Well, hopefully Savannah can feel good about Kaydence taking her as a role model, even though her own children each went their own separate ways. Well, writers and artists are often not recognized in their lifetimes anyway... it's rare when they are. Often it takes some other artist taking them as inspiration or several...for people to recognize the first one as having an affect on the world for people to stop and recognize what they did and not just assume their style is a passing fad. I love you're little documentary with the black and white pics and the interview titles and the interview with Savannah in bright color and hearing her voice. :D You really got the style down. ;)

@Jillbg: I really misjudged when you'd be back from vacation lol. This comment from July...has the first part of my comments on this chapter because when I was commenting on it, you weren't done with the fire yet, Granny was collapsed thanking the goddess for the sleepover but all the rest of it wasn't written yet... I will show you the link, so you can laugh at how badly I misjudged the timing. ;) It's the last paragraph on the comment.

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15914135#Comment_15914135

Admittedly, the thread has been a bit slow so you wouldn't have to go too many pages back to find it, but I was still comically wrong. ;)

Those fire truck pictures and fire pictures are wonderful, they definitely help fill in the scale of the disaster, and how terrifying it must have been for them to come home for a toothbrush and find that! And I love that the fire situation provides another instance where Derek has been there for her while everyone else is too busy with a disaster to care about or comfort a little girl... it's even quite unpleasant for him with his werewolf senses to be overwhelmed by the fire (this is one instance when having better senses than others is horrible and painful), and he's still there, considering her feelings and how everything is going so wrong for her with her mother leaving her and Ms. Brown's death and now her grandma is in there... and trying to hide that from her for as long as possible. Also I love the detail you've added to how the children see firefighters...how it didn't even occur to Taiga that firefighters could be injured on the job, that sometimes the fire is too much for them until Derek was trying to give her some hope that the person being carried out wasn't her grandma. I'm glad to see more relationship between Derek and Granny also, in that he gets to be relieved when she's back and being snarky with him because at least it wasn't another tragedy even though it looked like it was going to be! (I also like how you have his point of view calling Granny her 'grams' lol)

Also I think you did a wonderful job filling in what the fire department was doing with their circular saws and walkie talkies, and the ambulance... that's totally how it feels to ride in the back of an ambulance with a loved one, even down to the being ignored part lol. ;) (Well, in my experience). Usually everyone is very concerned with the life they are trying to save that the person riding with them could be a neon green flamingo with sequined glasses and as long as it's not biting or tampering with the person... it will scarcely get a look or two. ;)

@Silver: Thanks! :D

@cdwadell: Thank you! :D
  • jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    @Zabeth0 Thanks for your nice feedback. :) I've added the next part of the fire, it finally got so picture heavy I had to make a whole new chapter! :# I really enjoy going back and rewrite the old chapters, adding more depth to the relations. I've dug into and finished Part I from chapter 1 to 22 (I'm currently working on 23!) and Part II is "remastered" from chapter 1 to 18. :p So you can guess I've been busy! All the while I've taken up my studies a little, and am still working in Junior High. I've read your updates, and my comments got lost on my tablet - I won't ever use the wretched thing to comment again. Ever! :s

Part I - Chapter 15 part 2

Granny has been transferred back to Bigwood Falls, and Taïga is looking for Derek at the ER...
    tgw01-15-56.jpg?w=1000&h=600
    tgw01-15-60.jpg?w=1000&h=600
    tgw01-15-64.jpg?w=1000&h=600
    tgw01-15-69.jpg?w=1000&h=600
    tgw01-15-74.jpg?w=1000&h=600
    tgw01-15-84-2.jpg
    tgw01-15-85-2.jpg
    tgw01-15-89.jpg?w=1000&h=600
    NymlADp.jpg
    20zy1op.jpg

Rafael: The sun had dried the sand by the time they reached Mr Reyes' house...it hadn't even been a particularly long car ride, the clouds had parted, the rain vanished, and the sun dried up any rain that wasn't glistening on a plant... The breeze smelled of hibiscus and saltwater from the churning ocean.

The attack hadn't happened. Zelda had blurted out that he was a criminal to a man who had expressly stated he didn't want to deal with criminals... and the man had not attacked them. Mr. Reyes, former vampire, who was now a rich businessman, had not attacked them, and Rafael felt almost as baffled as when he'd poisoned Deedee and she'd not defended herself. He'd grown accustomed to the risk of even a misspoken word being death for so long it felt odd to not be attacked...

261k8zl.jpg

Mr. Reyes: "Here, you two love birds, go ahead and have a look around, I'll meet you inside after I park the car, the door's unlocked, and most of the kids are in school or with the butler upstairs, so don't worry about just walking in."

Zelda: "Wow, Twinkle toes, just look at that. Maybe we need a bigger house."

Rafael: "Zelda, ve vill nyeed to keep ourr kyids in ourr sight."

Zelda: She laughed. "Exactly, we need rooms big enough for adults and five kids to be comfortable in."

Rafael: "The hyouse has plenty of room for five kids and adults, I grew up vith three adults and three kids all lifink in an aparrtmyent smaller than even the front half of your house... vherre ve sharred kitchyen and bathrroom vith nyext doorr neighborr..."

Zelda: "Wow, that's weird. What kind of apartment doesn't have it's own bathroom? And you had to share a kitchen, how does that even work?"

Rafael: "Old Soviet aparrtments, it's vhat ve could afforrd vhen I vas young. There vas schyedule forr usink the kitchyen and each famyily had it's toilyet seat. There vere hooks on the vall, so you could tyake it down and attach it to the toilyet for usink and then clyean it and hang it back up aftyer you vere done."

Zelda: "Toilet seats on the wall? Gross! We are totally not doing anything like that! We're in Simerica, plum it, and we have our own bathrooms and kitchens here!"

Rafael: "You should see some of the aparrtments I haf seen in Simerica, no kitchyens at all, sharred orr otherrvise." He muttered darkly. "But I vasyent tryink to make us returrn to such sharrink, Zyelda, I vas just assurink you that our curryent hyouse, evyen right now, could hold fife kids... but veren't you only vantink thrree to begin vith?"

Zelda: "I changed my mind. I want as much of you as I can keep... so if you're alive long enough to have five kids with me, I want all five to be yours. I want a small army of little yous to play with." She said practically glowing with affection.

Rafael: "I vill gif you all the me that you vant, Zyelda." He squeezed her hand and gazed into her beautiful blue eyes, entranced by the moment. She kissed him like she was trying to continue their kiss on the loveseat. He had to tear himself away from making out with her right there in the street. It was not out of a lack of desire, but he did not think they would be safe, even on the very sparsely populated island, he still felt extremely vulnerable out in the open. "But, Zyelda, ve need to know vherre the room is firrst. And ve haf somevone vaitink for us. Just a littyel lonkerr, Zyelda."

del9hf.jpg

Zelda: "Nice photo wall, there. You need a better filter on your camera, that kid looks green."

Mr. Reyes: "Alejandro is green... it's not a birth defect, he's a star child."

Zelda: "Wow, really? You got kidnapped by aliens? And had an alien baby?"

Rafael: As someone who had been studying space and imagining exploring it since he was a small child, this was an incredible bit of news to him...and they were discussing it like it was a flavor of ice cream or a kind of gas station they were used to existing. Star child? So, there were witches, vampires, werewolves, ghosts and aliens... he really, really needed to ask Zelda questions about all this so he could fit his understanding of the world back together. So, aliens were green? And kidnapped people to breed with? And that offspring looked very much like a green human toddler...he really wished the boy hadn't been closing his eyes when the picture was taken, he'd love to know whether he had human eyes or something else. What an exciting thing to learn. What did aliens eat? Did they sleep? Was there some radiation on their planet that caused them to have green screen as a defense...? Did they have double eyelids? Was the hair because aliens had hair like humans did or was it because of Mr. Reyes' genetics? Because it looked like his hair.

Mr. Reyes: "I don't actually remember any of that there seems to be an amnesia that goes with it, but yes. That's an older photo, he's in elementary school now. You said you wouldn't harm my children."

1551kig.jpg

Zelda: "Oh, I'm so not going to harm any kids, even creepy alien kids, just wow! I thought you were worried about it because I'm a witch, and maybe you thought I might be a child eater or something, not because you had unusual kids."

Mr. Reyes: "Both are causes for concern, but I trust that you won't harm them because I have your word on it. The rest are human...even though some of them have some birth defects. I'm afraid the chances of such things are higher if you're a cured vampire...so this is something that you might listen to me about... I did not know that this was an issue when I was first having kids... I will give you a bottle of life fruit nectar, I'm asking that you both drink it, and I ask you to go up to the healing spring sometime during your trip and have a bath...please do this if you plan on starting a family. It's not that I love my children less, it's just that life is harder for them than it would have been if I'd known and taken precautions."

Zelda: "What is it? What's wrong with them?"

zjdwtj.jpg

Mr. Reyes: "The older two, the twins, they have mental defects...it's dismissed as them being flighty artists so it's not a problem for them...and fortunately, they are pretty enough that people don't expect them to be smart. Key has almost no personality, it's pretty easy to overlook as him just being obsessed with his music, and not focusing on anything else... but Leigh, she can wake up with a totally different outlook than when she went to bed. It's like she's a different person from week to week. She sometimes hyperventilates and breathes into a bag and rants for a little while, then calms down... later, she doesn't remember doing any of this. I treasure that car we painted together, but she loved it for a week and then hated it, later she didn't remember painting it, saying it looks good and asking me where I got it. I'm a bit worried about how she's going to do in college, but I have to let them be adults... But Michele, she's all there mentall but...she has fangs. She's human, fully human...with fangs. Her grandfather has magically removed them...three times. They grow back every time and she has to go through teething with them every time, so she's just done trying to remove them. I know you can tell she's not a vampire if you see her... the same way you can tell that I'm a cured vampire when no human would have a clue...but she acts out more than the other children and she's a teenager now, and I don't want her hurt, so that's why I was sure to get your word that you wouldn't hurt my children."

2i9s0gp.jpg

Zelda: "Their granddad's a witch, then? Your dad in law?"

Mr. Reyes: "His daughter and I...we're not married, we're pretty much friends with benefits."

Zelda: "But you're like, vampire old, right? So, isn't that like super weird for you?"

Mr. Reyes: He laughed. "Oh, you have no idea. I feel like such a cad!"

Zelda: "How are you not a pretty moth right now? Is he weak?"

Mr. Reyes:"No, no, he's the one that cured me, I wasn't allowed to marry his daughter, it was a condition. She adored me, and she's a mermaid, so it's dangerous for her to stay here long. She visits sometimes. She is a lot of fun, and beautiful but we definitely live in different worlds."

Zelda: "So, that's why you're so casual about the witch thing, then, you're up to your eyebrows in having a starchild, being not married to a mermaid and having a witch dad in law that's not...actually 'in law', then? You're totally okay with me and Twinkle toes running around your island as long as we play nice?"

Mr. Reyes: "Technically, I don't own the entire island yet, so it's not really my island...but playing nice would be very helpful... and I will try very hard to help you avoid running into vampires, for everyone's safety."

Zelda: "You think me and your kids' granddad are gonna fight?"

Mr. Reyes: "I certainly hope not."

3450rux.jpg

Zelda: "You aren't scared of me, but you're being nice. Is it really the orphan thing? And who told you that anyway? I mean everyone in Moonlight Falls knows about me being pathetic, but you'd think they'd think Mr. Dark Haired Handsome Russian here had family back in Russia unless they knew otherwise...and he only told me because he's totally in love with me. Oh, and because there was nobody at our wedding. An army of empty chairs kind of gives it away. So how do you know he's an orphan?"

Mr. Reyes: "I was on a conference call with vampires from Moonlight Falls, not just Dante. It didn't strike me as strange that they would be presenting me with sympathetic facts to motivate me to be friendly. They are trying to make peace with you, being an aggressive witch, they don't really expect that you'll live a long time because they expect other witches will kill you but in the meantime, they don't want to be the next vampire you burn."

Zelda: "Why are you helping the vampires? Shouldn't that be a whole lot of 'not-your-problem'? You're not trying to get back in?"

Mr. Reyes: "Certainly not. I don't miss it...but I still have relationships with a lot of vampires from when I was one; this is why Dante had to get other vampires involved, because he alone couldn't get me on the phone. But it's also why he wants me to do this so badly, because at the end of the day, he knows that if I can't make peace with you, while showering you two with gifts in one of the most beautiful places in the world... no one can."

Zelda: "Why aren't you scared of me? You aren't warded, I could turn you into a bug." Zelda wasn't threatening him; she was puzzled, and showing childlike curiosity.

Mr. Reyes: "I don't react to fear the same way other people do. Other people run away from danger. To me, danger is a challenge. I don't seek it out, but if I'm faced with it, I don't back down. Yes, you can turn me into a bug. I've never been a bug. Are you going to?"

Zelda: "No. I'm just surprised, that's all."

Mr. Reyes: "Well, I'm not the main attraction here, let's see what else I can surprise you with! We'll end the tour by dropping you off in your room, by then your clothes from shopping will be laundered and folded in your drawers and everything should be nice and ready for you to have some quality private time."
  • venusdemilosimsvenusdemilosims Posts: 1,918 Member
    edited November 2017
    @jillbg and @Zabeth0 - welcome back! Thank goodness... I hoped I wouldn't have to hold this thread down by myself ;) Lovely pix Jill as always, very realistic.

@Zabeth0 Yeah, Maggie doesn't get her due till her niece Savannah wins the Vaughan Prize for literature, pretty much. Savannah is quite tickled that Kaydence has chosen to follow her while her own daughters went separate ways.
    I think Skylar is pulling a Sebastian and hiding her genius trait, or at least trying to.
    Lol at Rafael being surprised at seeing an alien baby. You'd think for a guy who pretends to have this attitude of 'seen everything, done everything,' he at least manages to find something that shocks him.
    That is a cool looking car they're in, whoa!

Got a lot to post here so gonna go ahead and get started. None of this will make any sense, or be in any real order.

hvnd48.jpg

After Kaydence's whirlwind trip to Starlight Shores to visit her pop star mother, she was back in Sunset Valley, where the rain continued to fall. It was an unusually chilly, dreary morning.

2ryk96b.jpg

The plumbot that she'd built, T4$H4 (named after the household's former butler who befriended Kaydence during a difficult time in her life), had prepared a scrumptious mushroom omelet for breakfast, and set the plate down.

W5konkz.jpg

Sebastian Jolina-Plumb (Jamie Jolina's grandson and Kaydence's father), a successful actor, had gotten a text as he crawled out of bed.

R3GT4tu.jpg

After receiving the text, he joined his daughter at breakfast outside. (Why they insist on eating breakfast outside in the rain and cold is beyond me, but they're a strange bunch, always have been)
    "How was Starlight Shores?" Sebastian began, attempting to break the ice amidst the clanging of forks amidst the fine china. "And your mother?"
    Sebastian had - memories - of his ex-wife, Madison Avenue, born Madison Brooke Westley, though she seldom used her birth name. Theirs had been a tumultuous relationship, arguing one moment and woo-hooing the next. The result of the relationship, however, had been Kaydence.

6qHEdIW.jpg

Kaydence had memories, too. Mostly of her birthplace and hometown. After all, she had spent the first eleven years of her life in Starlight Shores. Sunset Valley had a different pace, by comparison, for sure. Madison had been the busy bee she'd remembered, too, and that's what she told her father. If it wasn't a concert, it was something related to her fame, like a an autograph session. They'd only spent a few minutes of each day together - but she treasured them.

ENdFgfT.jpg

Sebastian had long known that Kaydence was not like other kids. She hadn't even been like his sister's kids. When she was younger, Madison had splurged on a bunch of dolls and dollhouses, which ended up as decoration for her bedroom because she never played with them. Instead, she'd preferred to read books and play chess.
    Suddenly, she became excited to tell him about a science project that she was doing in one of her college courses.

Fnj4uDj.jpg

Sebastian shook his head in disbelief. How in the world did this happen? He was an actor, his ex-wife was a pop star, and their daughter, the result of their fractious union, seemed more interested in science than performing. She built robots, mixed chemicals in her bedroom, and had started college at thirteen. How in the world had this happened?

SYtISMj.jpg

Meanwhile, while Sebastian and Kaydence were eating breakfast outdoors, his wife Cherise, who had filed for divorce from him because she learned of his affair with his new butler Anissa, was comforting herself with drinks from the bar. And she was drinking a lot of it, too.

jI7BUHm.jpg

After breakfast, Sebastian took in some Madden while Kaydence eyed him suspiciously. Guys and their games, Kaydence thought to herself.

ZkWf2I8.jpg

Just then, Sebastian's phone rang, and he was forced to stop playing his game to attend to his divorce lawyer.

SUwVfpw.jpg

"What? You have to be kidding me! I don't want to hear this from you! I told you, I don't have any money to be giving her spousal support! And as far as child support, forget it!"

PRxwBLW.jpg

He left for the movie studio that day in a huff.

Post edited by venusdemilosims on
    jpnbanner2_zpscb7d2475.jpg header_zps436f0053.jpg

edited November 2017
    gZ6Yuxk.jpg

The next day had begun like all the others. Kaydence woke up before everybody, before the crack of dawn, even, and scooted out of the house before anyone blinked.
    After she left for the day, Anissa walked into her bedroom to make up her bed.

EVO0pBn.jpg

But before Sebastian had gone to the studio, Anissa had dropped a bombshell: She was pregnant.

BuFIjRy.jpg

"You can't be pregnant," Cherise declared.

0m8QQNZ.jpg

Then, she waited until Anissa left to confront her husband. The two of them sat next to each other, but it was as if they were in two different universes.

msyyjyv.jpg

Cherise looked up plaintively at the man she'd married in beautiful Sunlit Tides. "She can't be pregnant - is she?"
    Sebastian never confirmed or denied Anissa's claim.

DPFlqnA.jpg

Meanwhile, with everyone else gone for the day, Cherise decided to prepare a very special chamomile tea to help herself feel better.

2a7xV6p.jpg

She was soon joined for that tea by her husband's older sister, Savannah. Since her wedding to Savannah's brother, Sebastian, the two of them had become quite close. With her children mostly grown, the university not in session, and her youngest son away at Le Fromage Art School, the professor and novelist suddenly found herself with a lot of free time on her hands.
    And one of the things she tended to do when she had free time - was meddle in other people's lives.
    "Today she said she was pregnant," Cherise told Savannah.
    "Leave him," Savannah advised between sips of tea. "I'm serious, leave him. Take the kids and go. You deserve so much better. Forget the divorce proceedings, these things are skewed in favor of the man, especially if you don't have an A-list lawyer."
    "What am I going to do? I don't have any money, I don't have a place to stay -"

kWLJ8LG.jpg

"I can call someone, and trust me, I can clean him for the rest of his inheritance. You and those kids deserve it. I love my brother to death, but he needs to be sent a message. Loud and clear."

iGhDb1A.jpg

Cherise wasn't sure if she was going to take Savannah's advice, but it sure sounded good.

Bonus

https://youtu.be/tNpTqMXru6o

• KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    edited November 2017
    "Leave him," Savannah advised between sips of tea. "I'm serious, leave him. Take the kids and go. You deserve so much better. Forget the divorce proceedings, these things are skewed in favor of the man, especially if you don't have an A-list lawyer."

Sorry, but that statement just made me ROFL.

But your stories are always awesome, I love reading about Kaydence's wild adventures. :):):):)
    Post edited by KevinL5275 on
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
    @Jillbg: Wow, I've got a lot of reading to do! You have been busy! :D I love it! :D I love that you've added so much to the story, and since you know where it's going, you can fill in a lot more...details about what happened exactly and how they ended up there. :D I'm also hoping that means I'm getting more Missy out of the deal, but that's me hoping when I haven't looked ahead to find out yet lol. Also just from pulling it up let me remind you that your sets are amazing, not just the sets but the way you have them so full of people, you know, like ER's are. :D I'll probably still need to give you comments on a chapter at a time so you can get comments from me sometime this year because...I am dreadfully slow!

I'm glad someone took Taiga aside and let her know what's going on. Poor Taiga- those are the sorts of moments you realize when you don't know things that other people know, and that you're lack of available parents stand out. So many people take it for granted that kids have parents and have parents available... sometimes they might ask 'where are the kid's parents' when they expect the kid should be sitting quietly in a corner, but they don't honestly believe the parents aren't there because they abandoned the child or are dead or something, they just think someone needs to be blamed for the kid being there unattended. Well, at least the doctor's taking some time to explain things a bit to help her. Well, the oxygen mask makes people look more like fighter pilots... but the tubes make them more like like vegetables...so that's why I think the second one seems more scary even though the first one denotes more extreme measures to administer care. :D Lol @ "She loves tea. She says she can't function without a cup for breakfast." Ah, yes, those kind of expressions...sound pretty scary when you consider them literally... (Poor Taiga's probably worried she might die if she doesn't get her breakfast tea! How are they going to give it to her if she can't swallow!? But it's probably reassuring that the doctor isn't worried that she'll die without her tea...) Lol @ "But I'm afraid tea is out of the question."

I'm glad she got the one on one time with the doctor before she had to deal with the busy Bigwood Falls hospital ER. Lol @ your asterisked explanations of DR. Blue and FD expressions. ;) Wow, sounds like no one told Emilie Van Gould to wear work clothes to work... I'd understand more if she was a vampire raised in a vampire house and wasn't used to dealing with humans silly rules... but she looks human in this universe lol. It boggles the mind how the interview process didn't catch her dressing like that, but perhaps it was something that was rushed through because of the whole volunteer thing, and they assumed she knew how to dress for work. Good thing Sarah's mom was there to talk to her. Lol @ the hearing aid lady! I'm glad Taiga helped the distraught mother with her things. :D Uh oh... hopefully his mother's beliefs don't kill him... and I surely hope Taiga got her immunizations and doesn't have to struggle with measles in Transylvania! ;) Poor Derek has been in that noisy chaos for hours! Clearly, he cares. :D Taiga probably really needed to talk to someone right now! Even if he's not listening, at least getting to say it is probably helpful to some degree. Wow, yeah, leafblowers are very taxing on human senses, it's probably downright torturous to werewolves! It's good to show how much he's putting up with to try to be close to her when she needs him, even if he's not able to be as helpful as he'd like because as a werewolf this is terrible for him. Lol @ Derek's acrobatic reaction! :D Such a surge of emotions, but people are definitely more vulnerable during these times...even when they aren't children during them. I love how you set up the magical leaf dancing this time and had her instinctively gather the leaves to catch him... only that was super scary...she's probably feeling so elated to have kissed him and having someone try to comfort her, that she just didn't consider how scary that would be for him. And her witch power is convincingly threatening him, he's doing everything he can to not attack her or transform, but he can't stop and explain, so he just runs...and there is more cause for her thinking she scared him off for good. I love that we're getting to see more magical things in her childhood, even things like her hating the fence and it breaking like that...she doesn't even know she's doing it! And without a witch around to tell her she is or tell her how to control it, she's kind of having to figure everything out herself. She'll probably be very glad to finally get some instruction when they give it! ;)

That had to be adorable, coming in and finding the sleeping child cuddled up to her grandma. Oh no, social services! On the one hand, no one wants a child to slip through the cracks and be unattended and harmed because they are off by themselves looking through abandoned buildings for food or something and no one is looking out for them or you know, attacked by a predator... but on the other, who knows why someone set this fire, they might be trying to get her away from Granny and if she's at social services, she's an easy target! I guess it's not a good thing Sarah's mom was there! Lol @ "His Highness" coming in an being every difficult and merciless thing that name implies. You did a good job of showing how some people get less care at hospitals because the administrators care so much about money from insurance companies and statistics for their boards that they have a policy where doctors have to basically scrape up anything they can to actually try to help patients with left overs...if there are left overs... and that's if the doctor has any energy or inclination by the time they reach that patient. Aw, poor Taiga back before she had siblings, and was all alone. Lol @ Pollyanna! Lol @ "What is this nonsense?" That's so Granny! :D On the plus side, as traumatic and painful as this is, it's showing Taiga the value of witch potions, even if they can't do everything instantly, they can do things faster and better than the humans methods. :D lol @ "Can a health insurance cure you?" (Doctor: "Take two health insurance and call me in the morning! Don't forget to down an entire glass of water with your health insurance to help them digest!") I love how she's referring to it as the human department lol. :D These names are quite strange when you're a kid and your imagination fills things in. (Rows and rows of humans on conveyor belts, turning out fresh humans, like donuts...for example.)

Yeah, money in the mattress doesn't help when the place is burnt to the ashes! Wow, and she had enough to buy another house saved away...and it's just gone! The scramble and why they fled to Romania is so much clearer this time around! :D Lol @ Granny and low cut jeans! Poor Granny! Well, this also explains why she switched to regular clothes after her clothes were burned in the fire. :D (Though I'm sure she undertook getting new ones for the ceremony with her granddaughter later since it was such an important event, here right now... she has so much else to deal with...) Lol @ "better knickers" for the doctor lol. and the whole exchange there, really. ;) Aw @ "I didn't say goodbye to... my friends." It's so frustrating to have to just go, and not be able to say goodbye....even if you didn't just scare off your best friend by showing him you're a witch...having to just disappear...not fun. At least her friends will have heard about the fire from the fire department and Sarah's mom... it's a small town, they'll know the house caught fire and her granny was rushed to the hospital. They might not figure out the whole moved to Romania thing... but... I suppose that depends if she gets to talk to anyone before getting dragged off to the plane.

So, basically, in short, I love it! It's very poignant! I love how you're showing not just the advantages of their different supernatural conditions but also the drawbacks, and misunderstandings arising from their different positions there. :D I think the only helpful thing I can offer you is perhaps you might consider using the word 'backpack' instead of ruck sack and the word 'cookie' instead of biscuit, I've watched Doctor Who and realize that England has different vocabulary around these objects. :D But it's a minor setting detail, I mean, it's astonishing how well you're doing with debridgement (*Shiver*) and all of the medical stuff! ;) Boy am I glad that the closest Taiga had to do to that was message in magical ointment! But escaping social services...it sounds like they got out just in time!

Anyway, I'm glad you gave me more to read, and I love the more loving detail you've put into it, and I know it's a lot of work, so thank you! :)
    @Venus: Thank you! :D I'm sorry to scare you about holding down the thread all alone! ;)

Well, it's probably confusing because in my AU holiday specials it's an older Rafael with kids who's been hip deep in supernatural stuff for years now, but this is the story proper, where Rafael's only barely just learned that witches, vampires, and the like exist...you know, but being attacked... :D So, in this universe, he's only learned about vampires and Witches within the week... it's all real new to him here. :D He's still a fish out of water here. :D

That's a lovely setting picture of the lighthouse in the rain, it really sets the tone of cold and wet. Looks like a perfect time to stay indoors and eat some hot food! Good Job, T4$H4 on dishing up some hot food... Oh, no, Kaydence, not in the rain, I said indoors! (Kaydence: "Dad's going to follow me out into the rain if he wants to talk!") Must have been so warm and busy at Starlight Shores that the cool rain and seasons change is interesting again. ;) Well, at least Kaydence doesn't feel blown off by her mom only having such short time slots available for her, but I guess she's kind of used to that by now. She must have gotten her workaholic ways somewhere, after all lol. ;) Poor Cherise. What an awkward living arrangement. Lol @ Kaydence being disappointed in his game lol, I'm surprised she's not all like disappointed that he's not playing Skyrim or Breath of the Wild or Portal or 'a real game' but is playing football games lol. ;) (Kaydence: "You might as well be playing pong, dad! Save the universe...or Hyrule, why are you playing a game about a physical game just scoring points?! I'm so disappointed in you right now!") Sorry, I couldn't help it, it's funny. ;) Oh dear, I'm glad that Kaydence missed the Days of our lives pregnancy reveal between Anissa, Cherise and Sebastian... though I'm not sure what her reaction would have been...would she have gone full sciencey on it and said 'well, I've got the perfect gadget to find out! Look, T4$H4 can scan her and we can find out gender and everything right here! Let's check it out!' or would she be angry, being that Sebastian is not able to afford the children he's already had or the wife he's cheated on's support...how are Anissa and him going to afford a baby? Unless Anissa is secretly some kind of heiress posing as a maid to get into Sebastian's bed because she's had a crush on him since she was a teenager and is all stalker-y, and through study figured out that he hits on maids and nannies and housekeepers more than others, so undertook the guise as his butler to seduce him... which, is a very unlikely proposition...this is probably not good news. O.O

I'm glad Savannah has been there for Cherise. Hopefully she'll help Cherise out, as Cherise seems to be the more level headed one...but I surely hope Jazz and Sonata don't just disappear, I hope Kaydence can be there for her siblings so they aren't basically stuck raising themselves like she was... because Cherise was a lounge singer and will probably try to support them, but that means they're not being watched...unless T4$H4 gets sent with them or other family members step in... who knows what'll happen to them! Hopefully Savannah and Cherise's friendship will keep them from just being lost to the family entirely... but I have to wonder why Savannah wants Cherise to not divorce him but leave him... is it because if he's still married to Cherise, he can't marry Anissa... no matter how pregnant she is? Is it to try to keep him from playing musical wives? I wonder what she's up to.

I still love your Simography styles, it's so like biographies and still so sims lol. :D And of course its' very cool how you had her talking in English on this one. :D It seems like Savannah, surrounded by flighty creatives, had to be the hard liner, the driven against the grain one (I can see that same quality in Sierra), and did whatever she did with all her might, no matter what doubts others had concerning it...except for Andrew, she's obviously taken his doubts into account, though likely won him over to some things lol. :D Ironic, though that with all the people trying to reign her in, she's turned into the disciplinarian and is now trying to teach her little brother a lesson!
    edited November 2017
    @Zabeth0 Yep Kaydence does get her workaholic ways from somewhere - along with a lot of other of her attitudes. Madison Westley, beauty queen, didn't turn herself into Madison Avenue, pop megastar, due to being a slacker. Yeah, it is awkward for Cherise, living under the same roof with her husband's mistress.

Kaydence surely didn't need to star in a soap opera, when she could just go back home to one ;) After all, the stuff going on at home is much juicier than anything the writers at ATST could dream up. Thankfully she WASN'T at home when the reveal happened - can you imagine once she finds out though?

The pregnancy is bad news on all sides, I agree. Anissa can't afford a child, neither can Sebastian, and Cherise doesn't need this headache.
    As for Savannah, well, who knows with Savannah. Lol Anyone who becomes a ghost hunter has to have some air of mystery ;) At any rate, the whole thing with Anissa just stinks and happened completely on its own. The irony is Anissa LOOKS like a Jolina - blond and blue-eyed and cute. Savannah knows almost as well as anyone how divorce lawyers work, even though she has never been divorced herself.

Savannah's not someone who opens herself up to a lot of people. Like I said before, she has trust issues because of what happened with her parents. And she was introspective to begin with. She hardened, I think, because of what happened. Andrew kind of brings out her softer side some, I think Kaydence does, too. I think Savannah has this instinct to want to 'fix' things.

As for Savannah's Simography episode, we learned that throughout her life she seemed to be driven against the grain and pretty much does what she wants, when she wants, how she wants, and she's basically been a control freak. One little tidbit that wasn't mentioned in the episode: When Savannah was born, her parents weren't married. They married when she was a child. That's why, when she was born, she initially had her mother's maiden name. Those 'flighty' bohemian musicians that her parents were, married in the middle of Central Park in Sunset Valley. I found their wedding pic to include in the episode.

Indeed, since her parents were busy with the orchestra, guess who was often home with little Sebastian??? ;)

There is one thing Andrew did manage to beat Savannah at however. She wanted to send all the kids off to boarding schools. That didn't happen. That was because of Andy. However, every major decision they have to make about their kids, they make it together - or more correctly, Savannah makes it and Andrew agrees with it lol.

So she's stepping into her brother's marriage, too... but to what end?

I hope I'm making some sense lol. :)

@venusdemilosims I've really enjoyed the flashback pics of the Jolina-Plumb family and I'm looking forward to hear more about Satis. :) I like Skylar as a young adult, she has strong features, but it's probably her character shining through! ;) Wonder who's next to her on the sofa??? :/

Oh, my - that slapping interaction is definitely one of my favorites in TS3! You say you're not a movie maker, but I think your movies are really good! :)

AJ's expression when he sees the ghost is one of the best ever! :) Bring it on! :p

Lol at Kaydence and Sebastian having breakfast outside in the rain! :D But Kaydence wore gloves and that made me think of myself as a kid in Sweden. I'm a sucker for ice-cream, and once, in winter, when my friends bought candy I had an ice-cream. The vendor told me it was too cold for that and I answered him 'Why? I have gloves, see?'. :D

I already left a comment on Anissa's pregnancy on the other thread, and I think Sebastian must take his responsabilities, both to his soon to be ex wife and his mistress. Even if deep down I believe he'll just shrug it off, getting a new mistress as soon as he's starting to feel bored or just tempted. :# Please, get him a therapist to help him control that woohoo drive of his! >:)

Can't wait to hear more!
    NymlADp.jpg
    @Zabeth0

p653

I can relate to Raphael concerning peanut butter and jelly sandwiches – I guess you have to grow up with that kind of food to get used to it. Even if I admit it’s quite delicious, the brain of non-Americans just go “What???” :o And after her experience with Raphael as a vampire, she probably doesn’t want him to think of her as actual food anyway… Even if she’s tasty in his mind! ;)
    Zelda’s excited and her thoughts are jumping around in her brain, going from snorkeling to keeping Raphael alive! She’s in awe of her man, and that’s a good thing. I think boring is not for her… B)

Speedo or trunks? I like the new generation of “longer” Speedos, but I think you refer to the horrible man-bikini version! :) So I hope he goes for trunks, surfer style. :) Poor Zelda, she’s lacking in self-confidence but she should know he most certainly is happy to have stuck around – for her! <3
    It’s so sweet, she’s planning a normal future – doing things with Deedee, having a baby and, of course, getting back to preserve her “human”. Sometimes it’s better to confront sensible subjects, especially like Raphael, who has someone loving him to accompany him through the traumatic event of his brother’s death. So, yeah, help him, Zelda! o:)

Sometimes you have regrets about your past, about what you could have done instead, and what you should have done… But when you have someone you really love – your children or your husband, like Zelda – you also know that they shouldn’t have been there if it weren’t for the choices you made earlier. Zelda is intelligent to understand that at such a young age.

She’s right about the yellow outfit, meh. It looked better in blue with the sea horses! :/
    Zelda is prettier than Deedee, but I think she’s tougher compared to sweet, kind Deedee and character shows. :s She has trouble with her freckles? Freckles are cute, I have freckles too, and geez, I love mine! :) She must surely understand soon that Raphael is attracted to her for real, in his own - a little clumsy - way. But at the same time, better for Zelda to think she’s average, she might be terribly conceited if she realizes just how striking she is! ;) Lol at hard candy! :D

She has used magic to keep Raphael, but is feeling so guilty about it! It’s quite sweet, she could let her hair tangle, wear sweatpants and no make-up and he’d still love her, but somehow she feels it would be cheating. So she does what all women do when they are in love, try to seduce and please their man, all the while trying not to lose themselves in their struggle to please. :)

They are both artists, Zelda has the answer. You’re always better at things you love, because you put your heart into it. <3 Especially artistic activities! My dad was a photographer, and he taught me the old way of doing things, and there’s magic in waiting for the picture to emerge in the smelly chemicals in the red light of a darkroom. And she could pose for him, in an exciting way if he want to use his brushes to really paint. There’s anticipation in modelling, in having someone you love look at you and draw or paint you… ;)

I don't think she’s worried about his outfit – she’s worried about herself. What will happen if he makes a fool of himself? Or if she hates what he’s wearing. I guess we’ll soon find out…
    Love love love how she’s planning their evening! <3<3<3 Even if it’s not her style, she’ll absolutely blow his mind with the kind of underwear she's thinking of! She’s so right about not showing it all, but letting him anticipate and wonder about what’s under all that lacy sheer stuff – even if he’s seen it before! ;)

That was the first one, more to come!
    NymlADp.jpg
    edited November 2017
    @jillbg Hi there! (big hugs and sloppy kisses)

GiNMrmD.jpg

Yes Skylar has strong physical features, very narrow face - she actually looks a lot like her grandmother, Shandra. More willowy than either of her sisters. As Kaydence once wrote about Skylar, "she has a dancer's body." No one has accused the Plumb women of being wallflowers and Skylar is no exception! Remember, Shandra and Savannah do not have the best relationship.

There are more films where that came from. I'm still learning how to do it. I don't really have the patience to do the longer more involved works that some fellow Simmers do ;)

The words 'Sebastian' and 'responsible' really don't go together, do they? ;)

AJ continues to prove whose kid he is, and he inherited much more from Savannah than from his namesake ;)

tEB7WAC.jpg

We're back in Hidden Springs, where the Christmas tree is already put up...

igVHyOb.jpg

...and festive holiday trimmings adorn the spacious banquet hall of Vanderburg Palace. Vanderburg Palace, of course, was the childhood home of one Princess Alexandra, who was now there with her newlywed husband, Prince Andrew (AJ).

n4YiSq6.jpg

As telltale signs became evident that the princess was with child...

xCLjvQM.jpg

...her bridegroom became more and more apprehensive. It had been almost a year since his life completely changed. He had been AJ, the oldest son of a prominent Sunset Valley family, who had had somewhat of a checkered past. Now, he was a prince, and about to become a father. They spent their morning discussing the nursery.
    "Hey," Alexandra suggested, "why not get Anastasia to make it? She's an interior designer, after all."
    The idea of his sister-in-law, fond of walking around in her lingerie, designing anything for him, made him retch. Though they were indeed fraternal twins and had much in common, they were two completely different people.

Anastasia scared him.

SN5CKAK.jpg

AJ decided to go do a workout at the gym...

HbLbsYt.jpg

...while Alexandra paid bills and decided to make a hefty donation to the Paranormal Foundation. Yes, that Paranormal Foundation, the one that her mother-in-law was now chair.

i7VZ5HF.jpg

Around the palace, the butler, Aldo, was fixing a broken tub. Apparently even royal bathtubs get broken.

SoPM4bN.jpg

Lindy Gifford, the palace reporter (aka paparazzo who hangs around), showed Aldo the butler what appeared to be an incriminating video on her phone, judging by his reaction. "I'm prepared to go public with this," Lindy announced.

ciaZtT7.jpg

Speaking of cool wheels (I'm looking at you @Zabeth0) here's AJ bombing around Hidden Springs in his brother-in-law's sportscar.

vhZM3jA.jpg

With AJ having taken the car, his wife takes a cab to go to take a social networking class. Funnily enough, her twin sister wanted to take the same class, at the same time. Proof that despite their differences they are indeed related.

bx2P1xo.jpg

AJ came home from his workout and decided he wanted to get started on those expectant father books that his mom recommended to him in a phone conversation. For some reason, he wants a daughter...

LtMkZmo.jpg

Meanwhile, his wife seems to care less about the gender of the baby. She's been dealing with body aches and weird cravings... and notice now the new-mommy glow.

Bonus

Did the rumored collaboration between Sebastian and his ex-wife happen? You bet it did! Talk about awkward... they have a daughter and even here you can see the massive chemistry. This is 'Arrow' by an artist called Melanie. I found the song on an animation board...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpPhib_LjBY

Also, the release of Sebastian's period film:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7lcK6B5TaA

Oh, and @jillbg You asked about Satis?

kHtd6lx.jpg

This Satis, the one who went to her prom dressed in Egyptian garb? (found that pic the other day)

One thing you have to realize... Andy married a woman with two kids. Satis was one of them.

In her blog entry, "Diary of a Po'ed off Grandma," Savannah was apoplectic about Satis' pregnancy while in medical school. And she wasn't a fan of the baby's dad, either.
    He has several arrests on his record, including assault and theft. Not to mention, he has a restraining order put on him by his ex.
    What a charmer.
    Ask me again if this is the kind of person I want my daughter dating - or to be the father of my grandson.
    Ask me again if I expected Satis with this kind of individual. I did not. I thought she had too much sense for that.

YF7yYOL.jpg

When Kaydence ended up passed out on her father's floor after a grueling shoot, a consequence of her workaholic ways,

ELyXFEF.jpg

she was rushed to the emergency room where Satis, who happened to be working that night, ended up being her attending physician.

AtwqDfW.jpg

Satis had gently warned Kaydence that she was overexerting herself. Eventually, Kaydence would leave the TV show she starred in. Satis is attempting to balance her internship at the hospital with raising a young son.

Late Thanksgiving Special (Considering how late I've been on Xmas specials, I think I'll do this one anyway!) (Remember, these are in AU)

1z5p2fl.jpg

Deedee: "Wait, he gets days off? Why isn't he here more?"

Zelda: "Oh yeah, weekends and Wednesdays, but he doesn't actually come home for his days off most of the time; he's got to watch his guys carefully, because you know, they are a bunch of criminals... so he's upstairs rocking the newborn like he's won some sort of 'I get to spend time with my children' lottery."

Deedee: "So little Ludmila's named after his grandmother?"

Zelda: "Yep, the one he grew up with and that saved his life. The girls both got his ridiculously perfect hair, it's going to be easy fixing their hair as they grow up, we can do all sorts of things but probably won't have to braid it so much, since it's like his and just lays there, looking all shiny and pretty without having to be fought into place... Mila's got his nose, it's so tiny, and so cute... but she's got my skin...so I'm still hoping she doesn't get my freckles, but since he loves them, he's all hopeful that she'll have them. You know how he is with that sappy 'they're like stars on your face' stuff? Yeah, only he's all like 'maybe we'll be able to see the stars come out on her face!' He's just a big softy at home. It's hard to believe the whole world's scared of him."

Deedee: "He's so good with the children... I really wish he weren't so wrapped up in all of this Dragon Master stuff."

Zelda: "You're telling me! It's a big mess, and full of like the human version of witch plots. But anyway, now I know about Bailey, and I'm the monster that almost murdered her... I don't know, maybe I should make her an apple pie? Or like ten?"

2n9azr4.jpg

Deedee: "You know you haven't told me much since you showed me the photos and stormed off, right? I'm still confused. But she's not his girlfriend, right? She's a...little younger friend, who just happened to be pregnant at the same time you were? Why was he keeping her a secret from you? Did he have her out in one of Granny's cottages? Is that why it was warded against crystal balling it?"

Zelda: "Yes. It was a mess! So, basically she's got this vampire husband, Tristan, and his dad, Mr. Oldy McOlden Prissypants Van Gould, from you know, the Van Gould vampires with that big boring mansion by the mountains...yeah, that one, he hated Bailey, he thought she was trash and not good enough for his son to even have a fling with, much less marry... because, you know, he's got those traditional marriage ideals about it not being the couple who gets to choose who to marry but it's their parents choice and they get bred like dogs for their pedigree...and Bailey and Tristen are totally in love, you can tell that sort of thing when you try to burn one of them and the other throws themselves in your way, it just kind of becomes obvious at that point, and he's fine by the way, I stopped so fast I'm sure it felt more like his clothes were coming out of a warm dryer than that he was almost incinerated... but anyway, so they did that whole Romeo and Juliet thing, only you know, instead of a bunch of drinking poison, they did the running away together. Oldy Van Gould would have killed her if he could have laid hands on her, so that's why they were in that cottage, which by the way, Granny made, so it's warded so tight it's like a knitted sweater, two vampires can't even be there at the same time, which meant that even when Creaky Old Fashioned Van Gould found out, he couldn't go there...but it also meant they couldn't stay once her son was actually born, you know, last month. Anyway, Twinkle Toes kept them hidden because he didn't want Old Count Dragula there to kill her... he admitted to me that he knew if he told me about the situation I'd be annoyed that he didn't drop a dragon or twenty on Dragula for the whole mess, but he still wanted to use the old creeky plum vampire, so decided not to destroy him, even though it took him a lot more work. He doesn't want people to know he cares, because if they find out, then he's going to have to spend so much time on revenge, he'll probably never get home to see us."

Deedee: "So, it sounds like Rafael's helping Bailey and her husband because they are friends? He's not using them for something, right? He actually has friends outside his family?"

Zelda: "Well, he doesn't really know Tristan, but he's friends with Bailey. He grew up knowing his dad was a spy... but she didn't know her dad was a spy until last year...and he was friends with her when she found out and felt all betrayed and ran away to get married to her vampire boyfriend... so Rafael's got a soft spot for her and her dad and doesn't want anyone to know it, especially not them. I really feel sorry for her, she's just a human and I scared her like that...and I can't...un scare her. It doesn't make any difference that Rafael's gotten revenge on the guy who sent those pictures; she's still scared of me, though she's a human, and they are often scared of me, and I'm not really sure why I should care but I do. So, I told him that I expect him to tell her about his father, so at the least she knows that he's not using her to do some nefarious thing...oh he looked like I'd slapped him when I told him that, but he promised he'd find an appropriate time, and tell her, so I'm sure he will...after he stops coming up with excuses for why he can't do it right now."

Deedee: "That must be so difficult for him."

Zelda: "Oh, you know it's like pulling nails to him. He's not just not an open book; he's a closed book where all the pages have been soaked in superglue and stuck together, the cover has been papered over with camouflage to make it look like a rock, and it's been tucked into a collapsed building, under real rocks in case you know you're looking for a book that's disguised as a rock. But what's she supposed to think he wants with her? It's better if she knows that he won't hurt her. Wow, you're already done with those dishes! Good thing you're such a terrible cook! I better work faster and get you some more!"

Deedee: "Oh, ZZ. Don't rush the food, I'm enjoying the company."

Zelda: "Speaking of enjoying the company... you got that guy in bed yet? Orange highlights? What was his name, like Chatwig or something?"

Deedee: "Chadwick. And no, I'm surprised he even remembers my name."

Zelda: "He's hot, how come you're dragging your feet? You could have totally ditched me at apple picking, I saw him, I know. And the kids are too young to take it personal if you went off with your new friend. And he was all like, looking at you sideways and smiling so much, I'm pretty sure you could have offered him a place to stay in a cardboard box and he'd have been there with bells on."

14kbcl5.jpg

Deedee: She laughed. "Oh, Zelda. He's a paparazzi. I think they always look that way."

Zelda: "See? You got snag him before he gets out of town, then. Does he even know about witches yet?"

Deedee: "I don't know, oddly enough, I've seen him around here and there since January, so I'd guess he probably does know about witches by now, but I don't know if he knows about me being one."

ioeskm.jpg

Deedee: She held up her hands and made voices for each. Deedee hand: "Hey, handsome, want to have some nice hot cocoa and netflix with lots of warm blankets at my place?" Chadwick hand: "Sure thing, witchy woman, I'll bring my crossbow! Oh, are you warded for silver tips or do I need one with a smiley face on it?"

2i8ajbp.jpg

Zelda: "I'm pretty sure if he knew about witches and was scared of us, he'd have been way less relaxed around me, but at least he kept his eyes on you, unlike Iron Man, and we weren't even on any kind of date, he just ran into you and remembered you from, what was it, skating or something? But why did he apologize for thinking you worked at the spa?...You used to work at the spa..."

263y3yb.jpg

Deedee: "The Winter Boot Festival, he fell on the half pipe while I was planning on finally trying it and I helped him up and offered to rub his back, and he laughed. He didn't seem to know he was supposed to be wearing his best winter boots, you know, the whole point of the festival, and he was in beat up converses, that were pretty much soaked through with that horrible slushy snow we had that day, so I tried to get him out of his soaked shoes and into a nice warm foot bath at the spa, totally for free because I knew Nancy would let me and if she didn't, I'd certainly pay her to do it so he wasn't walking around in soggy sneakers in that snow, but he seemed to think I was trying to trick him into buying something, so he fled from me, the pushy salesperson that he must have thought I was, but I just thought he must be in pain with how cold that snow was. Later, he ended up staying with some of the guys at the fire station for a couple of days, because that blizzard grounded the planes and I ran into them all standing around talking about the best way to fix the fire engine...I'd just sold elixirs and was planning on visiting you and then I saw them out there talking and there he was... remember how I came in a rush and begged you to make cookies for the fire department? I was really hoping he'd still be there, but I missed him by like half an hour, but the guys at least told me he was a paparazzi for a living, so that's what he was doing in town, taking pictures of some famous people at the concert. The fire department loved your fire shaped cookies...so it wasn't wasted effort at all, but I didn't expect to ever see him again. So, after our summer picnic, when I went home, the taxi drove by a truck full of guys with fishing poles coming back from the lake, with a bunch of coolers and smiles, and there he was, talking to his friends from the fire department and they were all laughing, I don't think he saw me, but I definitely saw him. I was hoping to see him in town again this summer, but, I never did, so I figured he'd just maybe took the guys fishing to pay them back for putting him up for a couple days there, and then went back to Bridgeport for good. Then out of nowhere, there at the farm, he runs into us, everyone there to pick apples. Someone must have told him at some point that I didn't work at the spa and wasn't trying to sell him stuff, or he wouldn't have apologized like that."

2zq5vyd.jpg

Zelda: "Sounds like a pretty boring love story. It might work, I guess."
    edited December 2017
    @Zabeth0 That 'childish' animation always cracked me up, lol. Their kitchen looks nice and homey.

Another movie... boy that Kaydence has been busy since leaving ATST... she's an in-demand actress. Here she plays a teen who is sent to a horse camp for bad behavior.

https://youtu.be/S4CxY5Z2k1o

• bebasimbebasim Posts: 581 Member
    @Zabeth0 wow what a story. I found your page/links to your story and started reading and just couldn't stop! I do hope you continue i am curious to see what happens, your articulation and descriptions had me captured from the second i started reading. Your accents and all the finer details not only make the characters come alive but it's a complete art to have such depth for anyone reading. You truly have a brilliant talent in writing and I do hope to see more of this story and any others you may have.

I haven't got into reading much of late but your story has blown me away! Excellent work and i am hanging out for the next update. I did bookmark your links page so hoping to see when you're next update is released :)
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,426 Member
    I usually post in the other thread, but just finished off a video...that I'm kinda proud of.

Any one who has watched JAG before will recognize the premise.

https://youtu.be/Wpf2zNkeMAg
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    Oh wowsers it's been a while. Life never really settled like I thought it would. Work still keeps me busy, it's been... a lot... lately. Mostly not bad, just there's been so much going on so it's been kind of crazy. But as winter has recently really hit hard and Christmas is over, hopefully things will really settle down for a couple months. And I've had a whole bunch of health stuff the last couple months nothing too serious on it's own but everything together really beat me down for a while. Starting to feel pretty good now though :mrgreen:. I also may have been on a TS4 kick for a while... But man have I missed TS3. Anyway, I put together a little New Year's update on Evie and Alex (and Evie's family). So I put that up on my site a few days ago, and am finally making it here. It's very text heavy... I also have to work out why my game is being a pain right now so I gave up lol. I don't think it'll be too serious to fix it I just haven't felt like it lol. Anyway,

THE ELLISON LEGACY: EVIE- CHAPTER 22

Hello everybody! Britt here on behalf of Evie and Alex (but when are they ever here on their own behalf), who are busy canoodling and celebrating their wedding anniversary. Gosh, I can't believe my babies have been married for a whole year! Happy anniversary you two! Wishing you many many more years of joy and adventure together ♥.
    screenshot-4744-copy_orig.png

But it does get me thinking that we really do need to start speeding things up a bit or we'll never get anywhere. And I am excited for what adventures lie ahead for the family and to watch sweet baby Lucas grow up. So on that note I apologize for vanishing yet again, life never really did settle down like I thought and hoped it would. But hopefully it will do so now for at least a couple months, now that Christmas is over and winter is here in full force. Lazy days curled up under a blanket and playing sims sound perfect. But anyway, enough about me, you're here for the Ellison-Warren bunch so let's get to it! Though not much has happened in their lives, you haven't missed much. But Evie's family has a couple real doozies for us, so we'll check in with them, too! Gotta get all caught up, bring the year to a close and let the new one begin.

Now last we saw Alex was about to be hitting the road with his hockey team as the main season was rapidly approaching. And Evie was about to release the album she created with her brother Nolan and her friend Julianne. and they were beginning to plan the album tour.

Hockey is going pretty well for Alex. The team is doing pretty well overall, and he's certainly helped them get there. There's even a good chance they'll make the playoffs this year. Which of course is fantastic for him, to make the playoffs your first year on a team (or ever really) is great. Of course it will extend his season (and the time away from his family) and he'll probably be even busier than the regular season, but we'll all be so happy for him if he makes it.

Evie's album is out now, and unsurprisingly it's doing fantastic, topping all the charts. The tour is set for the spring when, if he doesn't make playoffs, Alex's season will be winding down. But we know he's going to make it, so Alex's sister and Evie's best friend Katie will be spending some time in Moonlight Falls and in their house so she can help with the baby and maybe take him around to visit his parents every so often. And of course they'll both visit home as much as possible. Alex isn't really gone for more than a week or so at a time anyway, Evie won't have as much luck.
    album.png?1514794030
    (I now feel like this has no purpose, lol, I was just bored trying to load my game XD)

Which was a big factor in her next decision. Though I'm sure the decision will come as a big surprise, I know she revealed it to me MONTHS ago and I'm still not totally over it. I understand, but am sad and shocked. In releasing the album and announcing the tour, Evie announced that it would be the last; the last album and the last tour. Her music career was coming to an end.
    qax1r8_orig.png

And since it's Evie and she's not exactly the type to just sit around and do nothing so she's already planned her next move and a new career. She's going to be a doctor, something she can do close to home. How she got to doctor from singer, I'll never know, but that's Evie for you. I'm sure she'll be the best doctor there is. And in the fall she'll be going to university to study medicine. And I must admit I'm pretty excited for Evie's adventures in university. Though I doubt she'll be too wild like I'd kind of like to see. She does have a husband and a baby to keep her honest. That's probably not really her type anyway, but I'm sure she'll still have an interesting college experience.

I guess that leaves baby Lucas. Who is really more of a toddler now. Not really much to share about him, he's still just growing (way too fast!) and learning to walk and talk. Though he's definitely getting better at those now! And he's still pretty much glued to his xylophone and still getting lessons from mom. Even if her music career is coming to an end, she's still raising a little musical prodigy and offering him the best expertise she can.
    screenshot-4750-copy_orig.png

Well that's all for the Ellison-Warren household, onto Evie's trainwreck of a family. Oh but where I do I start. The beginning? Oh I don't even know what that is anymore, it's all a blur. Maybe I'll just draw names out of a hat. Or... worst to best. Yeah, worst to best, I don't believe in starting out a new year on a bad note, so we'll climb up into the new year rather than snowball down into the year.

So... oh... I don't know if I can do this. Oh this one stings so bad. Gah my heart, I think it's about to shatter again. I'd like to note that I've only ever made 2 deals with my sims #1 Alaina and Keenan (Evie's parents) are to NEVER EVER split up. Every relationship before them ended horribly, and I couldn't bear for that to happen to them. #2 Evie and Alex are NEVER EVER EVER EVVEERRRR to split up. Well, Alaina and Keenan split up. It's been quite a while and I'm still furious and heartbroken. Don't ask me for details, I don't know what happened. Only Alaina and Keenan know and they're not sharing. In fact, they didn't even tell anybody they separated. Poor Evie pieced it together on her own. She noticed that every time she went to visit her parents, her father wasn't there, even when he was supposed to be. "Oh he's just busy" or "he's just hanging out with the guys" was always her mom's claim. But Evie eventually found out that he had moved in with a friend of a friend... or something (I don't know the relationship really). My brain stops trying to process what happened there. I don't want to think of the possibilities why Keenan moved out to live with some random woman. I don't see him cheating or anything, but I didn't see this happening at all. And I'm sure you can imagine that Evie is pretty mad at her parents right now and is barely talking to either of them. Which also kills me because Evie was definitely a daddy's girl, they were so close.

But as one relationship ends, another begins. And boy is it ever a shocker too! Apparently, Mae is now confused about her sexuality or something, because she's married to some guy... who I find kind of creepy TBH (Branch Timbley or something IDK...can't keep track). Yeah, you read that right, MARRIED. They dated for like a day, seriously! And boom they were married. So I really don't know what THAT'S about. I thought maybe Mae was just being like a golddigger or something (though I would have hoped she's better than that, but it's Mae, who knows), but her husband isn't the only guy she's taken interest in (also they live in some cheap shack and I don't think he has any money). Since marrying him. She's also tried to make moves on Alex. I so WISH I was kidding. Naturally, Alex turned her down, and not very politely either. And Evie knows about it. And if you asked Evie she doesn't even have a twin sister. They are completely and totally done.

And then there's Nolan. Who currently is seeing 2 different girls. He's definitely way more serious about one (and they're super cute together), so I don't even know why he's seeing the other at all. And at least the one he's most serious about (Deedee Wynn, I'm sure you've seen her if you've visited Moonlight Falls) is definitely not on the same page about seeing other people. And she knows, and she's not impressed. But she's still forgiven him anyway. Because, if nothing else, they're going to have a baby to raise together.
    screenshot-4751-copy_orig.png

And as much as I don't approve of how Nolan is going about these relationships... not gonna lie... I'm really excited for him to be a father. He'll be such a great daddy, he's totally amazing his nephew and I know he'll be just as amazing with his own kid. And... I am pretty excited for him to be passing on those genes lol.

Well, I guess that's all for now. Wishing everybody a very happy 2018!

(now if I ever actually play my game 2018 could be a very interesting year lol)

• dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    I usually post in the other thread, but just finished off a video...that I'm kinda proud of.

Any one who has watched JAG before will recognize the premise.

https://youtu.be/Wpf2zNkeMAg

Great video! I'm always in awe of people who can make videos with this game, not something I have a knack for lol. The facial expressions were just perfect.
  • KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member

Another movie... boy that Kaydence has been busy since leaving ATST... she's an in-demand actress. Here she plays a teen who is sent to a horse camp for bad behavior.

https://youtu.be/S4CxY5Z2k1o

Reminds me of @jillbg 's Taiga story. A similar thing happened to her. Nice work!
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
    @Nikkei_Simmer Great vid! Like KevinL I am in awe of people who have the patience to make videos with this game. I am not one of them, lol.

@KevinL5275 Thanks! Jill's story was 'kind of' one of the inspirations. I also watched a horsey movie over Christmas with my niece ;) Except Kaydence's character is a tough-talking city girl who's a fish out of water in the country.

@dreamerz13 Actually I'm not surprised Evie's music career came to an end. Once she found true love and had her child, her priorities changed. As for her parents, well, story progression does odd things. Like when Sebastian married Cherise, it was like boom he was married, and I had to hurry up and come up with a storyline for it. Nolan and Deedee are a great looking couple!

Anyway guys, real life has been a bear. Our beloved little terrier dog passed away right before Christmas, and I've been pretty depressed about it. I haven't had as much time to sim as I want to, and my energy level is basically nil. Plus I feel that my asthma has returned and I have to manage that super carefully now.

oaM6TqL.jpg

The heavy, wet snowflakes continued to fall in front of Nathan Jolina-Plumb's mansion in Sunset Valley.

PO6o44P.jpg

There had been so much of it that Andy and Savannah's youngest son, Sawyer, who was now in high school, had had a rare snow day. And as teenage boys are wont to do, he slept in - at least as long as he could.

IsLqZWp.jpg

A snow day, right before the holidays. He would love that.

VAT28Lg.jpg

So he decided that he wanted to go outside and build an igloo. His father, Andy, accompanied him, using the time as an excuse to bond with his now teenage son. "Any real plans?" he asked half-heartedly, not really expecting anything.
    Sawyer shrugged. "No, not really, just to travel some, make some music, and probably do some writing."
    Andy chuckled.

LgPriAC.jpg

Meanwhile, the Christmas tree had been put up, and gifts were scattered around.

Eo7Ajha.jpg

Savannah welcomed her youngest daughter, Skylar, home from her first semester of college. Nevermind that Savannah had basically forced Skylar to go following a wild party and following Skylar leaving her fine arts boarding school.

yCOeB5W.jpg

All was forgiven, at least for now.

O2KO34p.jpg

Savannah had not been known for affection. She'd been the stern disciplinarian while the hugs had been left to her husband.

jIeeszs.jpg

Later that morning, Skylar learned that there was a Simfest at one of the local parks. Snow, freezing rain and all, the performers bravely fought the elements.

66aKptV.jpg

Skylar decided to go up to the proprietor and ask to be a part of the show. The proprietor obliged.

N1TXsyp.jpg

After the acrobat finished his routine, Proprietor Rolando announced Skylar as the next performer. She had chosen 'Sky Blue' as her stage name, the first for her nickname and Blue for her favorite color.

oEHQhLc.jpg

As Skylar started performing, there was a scream coming from the back.

pLb4OiU.jpg

It was her adopted brother, Imsety, in a rare family sighting. He had been estranged from Savannah, for reasons that are still unclear. No one accused Savannah of being the easiest individual to love.

obDfoAw.jpg

Then there were her parents, in as united a front as could be.

q1k7jwM.jpg

Skylar continued to perform, as the freezing rain came down. She had to sing in her coat and jacket.

qe4GtUr.png

Her efforts were not for naught, she won the day's Simfest.

hhXMjwv.jpg

For her efforts, she got a nice shiny gold trophy.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top