Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Play and Share continued

Comments

• venusdemilosimsvenusdemilosims Posts: 1,918 Member
    edited March 2017
    @Zabeth0 Lovely comments, as usual! Thank you!

Where do I start... oh yeah, it's very subtle, but Kady actually has a mix of her mom and dad's complexion, closer to her dad's. She definitely has dad's hair color, though. It's that kind of subtlety that Sims 4 doesn't have, what with its 14 or so colors. And for better and for worse, she is a mix of both of them personality wise, too. Hey, it's not Kaydence's fault that she was genetically blessed ;) And there is absolutely no doubt that she was indeed genetically blessed. The fact that this tempestuous union only produced her might be a blessing in and of itself, too. ;)

I'm not actually sure why Madison had such a strong reaction to Kaydence and Terry dating. I mean, she herself is a 'guy magnet' and has her share of female admirers, too, judging by the amount of mail she gets in her box (in game). I don't remember if Madison has ever met Terry, although that might be an interesting proposition...

And you just know Kaydence is going to try to track those people down! Social media makes tracking 'lost' people much easier now, too. Look how she found her brother and what kind of hoopla that caused. ;)

Terry's dad I think has purple eyes, and his mom has blue eyes, and I wanted to tweak him some to reflect his heritage. One thing that I think bonded him and Kaydence, besides the fact that they're both bookworms, is also the fact that both come from multiracial backgrounds. She's got the blonds and redheads on the Jolina-Plumb side, and then there's Madison's AA folks... and then Terry's people are from Shang Simla...

7s5H7bA.jpg

I'm about a thousand percent sure that Madison does love her daughter. She just has problems showing it at times. In fact, it looks in this photo like she's pointing her out at the concert. She knows her daughter isn't the party girl she is, and likely won't ever be. If there's one thing she realized about her ex-husband, it's likely that he was a consummate actor, adapting himself to her, instead of being himself. In this mode she sees plenty of her husband in her daughter, but at the same time she sees some of herself, too.
    jpnbanner2_zpscb7d2475.jpg header_zps436f0053.jpg

• Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,200 Member
    I had a few left over screens so here is a short update,
    been busy with another game recently so not been ingame over weekend.

[img][/img]0RVmWVc.jpg

Got a notice Josh wanted to visit a friends house after school. Caught him
    doing hoemwork in their empty hosue noone was there lol.

[img][/img]xvNyul9.jpg

no new name for the cat yet any ideas for a male cat name?

[img][/img]VWeMB2A.jpg

Crystal loves the cat and take care of him alot.

[img][/img]NJG6d6p.jpg

Siblings had a nice chat.

[img][/img]wQCoh6J.jpg

Just josh
  • venusdemilosimsvenusdemilosims Posts: 1,918 Member
    @Silverofdreams30 Lovely family! River and Josh sure have grown up well. They both look more like Crystal lol.

JUQbMO9.jpg

It was another unseasonably warm day in Starlight Shores. Sundays are usually laze around days for most people. But Kaydence is not most people.

Oi9pZSF.jpg

She asked the limo driver to take her to the local bookstore. Kaydence had once told an interviewer that she needed books like she needed air to breathe. But she had another purpose for going here.
    With her mother stonewalling her, she needed answers, and she needed them before she returned to Sunset Valley.
    In a way, Kaydence understood why her mother had clammed up. Her past had been exposed, ignominiously, before she was ready to discuss it. It still didn't entirely excuse it, though.

VtZ424O.jpg

Kaydence arrived at the bookstore about half an hour after getting in the limousine. Neither her mother nor the butler had even risen.

L1RxDvl.jpg

"Excuse me, sir," she asked the clerk in her politest voice, "may I use the computers?"

UTqA0h0.jpg

After he granted Kaydence permission, she went to work, searching the catalog for anything regarding Mitchell Dean Westley or Michele Marie Guyton.

gxNNEuA.jpg

Under "Mitchell Dean Westley" there was a photograph of a woman and two other children. Neither of the two children was Kaydence's mother. The man in the suit had to be Mr. Westley.

So who were the woman and the two other people in the photograph?

TLdotzt.jpg

Kaydence couldn't help herself. She kept digging. She couldn't rest until she knew, until her curiosity was completely satisfied. Finally she found an obituary for Mr. Westley. He had apparently passed away recently.

Mitchell Dean Westley was married to Jacqueline (Petrie) Westley. He is survived by his daughter Janelle and his son Marlon.

More information indicated that he was also the father of Ebony Louise Stark by another woman, Imogene Stark. There was no mention in Kaydence's search of Michele or Madison. Mitchell Westley never acknowledged either of them.

IBpxMlJ.jpg

Frustrated, Kaydence returned to the clerk. "Have you - have you heard of Mitchell Dean Westley or Michele Marie Guyton?" she asked hesitantly.
    The clerk, named Renaldo, nodded. "Many years ago there were lots of stories about different people but all the stories get wrapped up in one another, so I don't remember who is what, where. You'd be amazed what kinds of stuff the performers get into."
    "I used to go to the cemetery when I was little," Kaydence recalled, "see the ghosts of all the dead acrobats and magicians and singers. I don't remember any of their names, though." She changed the subject. "Mr. Westley and Ms. Guyton are my maternal grandparents. I'm trying to find information about them."
    "Try going to City Hall," Renaldo suggested. "Maybe you might find records about them."
    jpnbanner2_zpscb7d2475.jpg header_zps436f0053.jpg

• cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    edited March 2017

It's been a few years since I read/participated in this thread. I had been reading/posting in the other thread but lately I've been playing more of other games and doing RL stuff and have gotten so far behind (over 2 K) that's it's intimidating. This thread seems to go at a pace I could keep up with so I hope you don't mind if I jump in.

I had a few left over screens so here is a short update,
    been busy with another game recently so not been ingame over weekend.
    [img][/img]xvNyul9.jpg

no new name for the cat yet any ideas for a male cat name?
    What a good looking family. As far as male cat names, you could go macho or powder puff, being sarcastic, or neutral. Maybe Max.

It was another unseasonably warm day in Starlight Shores. Sundays are usually laze around days for most people. But Kaydence is not most people.
    "Try going to City Hall," Renaldo suggested. "Maybe you might find records about them."

Interesting story and great pictures.
  • blazerntqblazerntq Posts: 2,409 Member
    This is such a nice thread. Great sharing going on here.
    @venusdemilosims Thank you, yeah they do look alot alike her.
    Great updates.

@cwaddell Max sounds nice might use that thank you.
  • MoonandStars83MoonandStars83 Posts: 1,735 Member
    @Silverofdreams30 Waffle! Biscuit! Butter!
    I voted for you, Kevin.
    640?cb=20100910030718
    My Sims 3 Exhange Studio
    My Blog // Click me if you dare.
    @MoonandStars83 Thanks great names will see what i go with
    @Silverofdreams30 Waffle! Biscuit! Butter!

I see where you're going with this, good choices. Along the same line, Butterscotch.

I've been very restless with my Sims 3 games recently, starting many in Salmon Woods but leaving them behind. I redid Salmon Woods, changing almost every community and residential lot.

My current game consists of 3 roommates in a manage a trois. It's kind of a genetic experiment to see how the hair color, skin and eyes are inherited. I'm trying out a new mod, consort hair color, that blends the hair color of the parents to get the hair color of the children. I really don't like how EA randomly generates the hair color for the children. Also I have NRaas StoryProgression that blends the skin color. I'm not sure if there is any rhyme or reason in the determination of children's eye color.

Jaclyn Watkins

Screenshot-2sm_zpsvjxk5gd9.jpg
    She is a stay at home gardener whose LTW is to grow 8 perfect plants. Her skin tone is fair with rosy tints.

Franco Fairchild

Screenshot-3sm_zpsspxvptci.jpg
    He is a school teacher whose LTW is to get to level 10 of charisma and of guitar. His skin tone is golden.

Jason Coronado

Screenshot-4sm_zps121koqsi.jpg
    He is a criminal whose LTW is to be the master thief. His skin tone is brown.

I originally moved them into a household I had been playing that had accumulated a lot of money. This is the house I built for them with that money.

Screenshot-47sm_zpsiozxanys.jpg

Screenshot-53sm_zpsz6qbhgu3.jpg

basement, all one big room for the moment

Screenshot-56sm_zpsrog9qz0p.jpg

the first floor

Screenshot-58sm_zpsen8qsacj.jpg
    Jaclyn's bedroom is here (her favorite color is violet).

the second floor

Screenshot-57sm_zps42r1him5.jpg
    Jason's favorite color is red and Franco's is grey (these will be the kid's rooms eventually).

interior

Screenshot-59sm_zpsamkce8vk.jpg

Screenshot-62sm_zpslyrxondn.jpg

Screenshot-66sm_zpsqk3c93sn.jpg

view from the pool

Screenshot-34sm_zpshbnmumoj.jpg

Screenshot-32sm_zpsiivlxprm.jpg

@cwaddell I really like the sims that you created and the house that you built for them. The decor is really nice also.
    blazerntq wrote: »
    @cwaddell I really like the sims that you created and the house that you built for them. The decor is really nice also.

Thank you. I was in a building mood working on every lot in town and then building and redoing this one. I've got that out my system for awhile :) . Finally ready to play.
    @cwaddell That is awesome. I am thinking that I maybe building a house for my sim. Moved the sim into a premade house and I am not liking it at all. Building is something that I am not very good at but I keep trying. Hope that you have lots of fun playing your game and can not wait to see more pictures.
    edited April 2017
    The trio move in.

A soon as they arrived at their new home I had Jaclyn harvest the plants I had added via buydebug and plant additional seeds. I had Jason and Franco call their bosses to start their work relationships on a good footing.

Screenshot-2sm_zpscgxycmps.jpg

Since Franco needed to improve his logic for his LTW and for work I had the boys play chess. It also helped them develop their relationship.

Screenshot-42sm_zpsjsa396ov.jpg

But both were wishing to try out the pool so after awhile I let them go swim.

Screenshot-51sm_zpsofzuh60o.jpg

But Jason seemed to have other ideas.

Screenshot-54sm_zpsls2rv8td.jpg

Jaclyn was still gardening and oblivious to Jason watching her.

Screenshot-57sm_zpsb7rphib8.jpg

Over the next week the boys went to work - Jason in the evening and Franco in the morning. Jason had moved to their household from another one in town that had two of his work associates so he had an advantage in meeting his criminal accomplices. (ETA: Franco came from a household with his three brothers, but their relationships became friends in this game. The Fairchild brothers are all born-in-game in another game.)

During that time Jaclyn became intimate with both Franco and Jason.

Screenshot-7sm_zpsdcrhopjz.jpg

Screenshot-78sm_zpsjkogicjz.jpg

Post edited by cwaddell on
    @cwaddell I so love this! The picture and the gameplay are very interesting. Can not wait to see what happens next.
  • jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    @venusdemilosims I hope Kaydence get access to the City Hall files... Could be really difficult at her age... :o I think her mother should talk to her - even though she had some trouble with the press a while back, Kaydence is her flesh and blood, and won't do anything to hurt her mother. :)
    NymlADp.jpg
  • jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    edited March 2017
    @cwaddell No worries! You and your beautiful sims are so welcome! :) It happened to me too, I got an overdose of guilt when I couldn't keep up commenting on everyone... So I just pop in and read - on my cell mostly - keeping up on this thread instead! :)

Edit after checking the rest: Wow! This is going to be an, ahem, very interesting story indeed! Isn't Jaclyn the lucky one? ;)
    NymlADp.jpg
  • lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,008 Member
    edited March 2017
    @Zabeth0 Glad to see you back and posting again. ...LOL at "Dial up? What dragon do I have to slay to get wi fi!" Hilarious. And loved reading all your comments to the others too.

@cwaddell Welcome back to this thread. I agree about the other thread being overwhelming at times. ...It'll be interesting to see how the genetic experiments go with your new consort hair mod. ...Jaclyn is a pretty sim and the guys are hunks! ...LOL at a master thief living with a school teacher. Fun mix of housemates. ...Great home. Love the attached greenhouse. I also like the color schemes you used. And nice views. ...It sounds like Jaclyn is having a difficult time keeping up with the two men! But enjoying it, I'm sure.

Everyone else: I've given feedback to your wonderful updates on the other thread, but still great to read them again here. Hi to all of you! :)
    @cwaddell That is awesome. I am thinking that I maybe building a house for my sim. Moved the sim into a premade house and I am not liking it at all. Building is something that I am not very good at but I keep trying. Hope that you have lots of fun playing your game and can not wait to see more pictures.
    @cwaddell I so love this! The picture and the gameplay are very interesting. Can not wait to see what happens next.
    Thanks. You could try altering a premade house, do some simple remodeling. Just make sure you don't use auto roofing (sorry one of my pet peeves).

I have more pictures of my game but didn't want to flood this thread. Will post tomorrow.

jillbg wrote: »
    @cwaddell No worries! You and your beautiful sims are so welcome! :) It happened to me too, I got an overdose of guilt when I couldn't keep up commenting on everyone... So I just pop in and read - on my cell mostly - keeping up on this thread instead! :)

Edit after checking the rest: Wow! This is going to be an, ahem, very interesting story indeed! Isn't Jaclyn the lucky one? ;)
    I've been trying to catch up on the other thread with reading and giving likes and awesomes but I'm still 100 pages behind.

Yes she is lucky. I'm having fun with it. I have high free will and some mods that allow autonomous romantic interactions so things don't always go the way I expected.

lanlyn wrote: »
    @cwaddell Welcome back to this thread. I agree about the other thread being overwhelming at times. ...It'll be interesting to see how the genetic experiments go with your new consort hair mod. ...Jaclyn is a pretty sim and the guys are hunks! ...LOL at a master thief living with a school teacher. Fun mix of housemates. ...Great home. Love the attached greenhouse. I also like the color schemes you used. And nice views. ...It sounds like Jaclyn is having a difficult time keeping up with the two men! But enjoying it, I'm sure. ...
    Thank you. I characterize them as the nice guy school teacher and the bad boy crook :) She enjoying it, as am I :p .

edited April 2017

Life continued on for the rest of the summer. Although Jaclyn was best friends with both Franco and Jason and continued her relationships with them both, she seemed to favor Jason.

Screenshot-6sm_zpsxhlecwyw.jpg

Screenshot-8sm_zps7wklxnag.jpg

I have high free will and a mod that allows autonomous romantic interactions and I try not to interfere in their social or romantic interactions. I do push them to fulfill their wishes I chose for them and to work toward their LTW, etc. Jason and Jaclyn became love interests, even though I have set an option in a mod I use to disable becoming a love interest with a kiss. I must have been focused on Franco cause I'm not sure when/how this happened. They were having their first romance when I sent them to France.

Trip to France

Jason had a wish to travel to France and Jaclyn had a wish to travel. So when Jason got a work opportunity to deliver a packet to France I had Jaclyn go with him.

Jaclyn had a wish to visit the nectary so she was gathering grapes, and acquiring gardening levels, while Jason delivered his packet.

Screenshot-133sm_zps7wmyzzjq.jpg

Screenshot-135sm_zpsqokwaiw7.jpg

He didn't linger since they didn't get along. So he jogged to the deserted mansion and gathered grapes there. Jaclyn got a celebrity opportunity to exercise for 4 hours (she was a 2 start celeb from her interactions with Franco. Jason was a 1 star celeb.) So for all 3 days in France they both jogged and harvested grapes.

On the afternoon of the second day Jason started an adventure that took him to the standing stones to retrieve an object for the general store manager.

Screenshot-183sm_zpsrxcfe4em.jpg

Screenshot-184sm_zpscmyj0jnw.jpg

Jaclyn joined him and they worked together but the whole time they kept thinking about each other.

Screenshot-189sm_zps7kbibfuq.jpg

Screenshot-193sm_zpsnnejyf4o.jpg

Jason decided to send Jaclyn a "naked" selfie.

Screenshot-196sm_zpslipy62rn.jpg

They had started this adventure so late in the afternoon that they had to sleep in the tent and finish it the next morning

Although there was no hanky-panky on the adventure they made up for it back at the inn.

Screenshot-201sm_zpsrumzpink.jpg

Screenshot-154sm_zpssaen3d77.jpg

@cwaddell Fantastic! Such a great update. I like Jason without a shirt on. Lol
    edited April 2017
    Back home

Jason and Jaclyn got back from France on Sunday the first day of fall. With the money made over the past week and selling just about everything from the trip the household was able to buy their first partnership, $20000 for the combo spa/bookstore. Of course each of them then wanted to own 3 partnerships. :) On Monday morning before collecting their dividends they were feeling anxious with only $260 in their account.

I was disappointed that Jaclyn was not pregnant yet so decided to nudge things along by having her get a romantic massage from Jason. But first she gave him one.
    Screenshot-71sm_zpsums6lg9w.jpg

This gave her a heightened fertility for 24 hours during which time she managed to whoohoo with both Franco and Jason without any interference from me. In fact after she and Jason had just finished he hopped up from the bed and initiated a "try for baby".

Jaclyn was jogging for another celebrity opportunity when she realized she was pregnant.

Screenshot-256sm_zpsgqikpas0.jpg

Jason had gotten a certificate for reaching level 10 of athletics which she immediately cashed in for $1000.

Screenshot-284sm_zpsqjl32oe6.jpg

Who was the father? Was it the nice guy school teacher who had a wish to read a baby book?

Screenshot-340sm_zpsdla0s3uf.jpg

Or was it the bad boy crook who had been very diligent in trying to get her pregnant?

Screenshot-348sm_zpso7rgyk2f.jpg

Jaclyn decided it must be Jason so announced her pregnancy to him first. He seem pleased.

Screenshot-354sm_zpsaiqz6zsh.jpg

Jaclyn reached level 10 of gardening.

Screenshot-366sm_zps4gzpwwvs.jpg

She got a wish to read a pregnancy book so bought one at the book store. She then joined Franco at the library.

Screenshot-374sm_zpsrvvytgzs.jpg

When she finished the book she got the wish for the father to read a pregnancy book and the little icon picture was for Franco. When she told him he was also very pleased.

Screenshot-382sm_zpskwgv7c5v.jpg

Jaclyn had another celeb opportunity, to dance for 3 hours.

Screenshotsm_zpsb1jmdlko.jpg

Screenshot-10sm_zpsnlrjasay.jpg

The next morning was beautiful when Jacklyn went off to buy 2 more partnerships (the movie/criminal combo and the film back lot). Both she and Jason had accumulated so many points from their trip to France they each got inheritances. During the process of turning in her reward points I noticed that Jaclyn had a new reward that I had not selected. It was the fertility one. Not sure exactly how that came about but she will no longer have any difficulty getting pregnant. I'm not a big fan of dealing with more than one baby at a time but I have a feeling I might be doing just that in the future.

Screenshot-390sm_zpssetqgmnf.jpg

But she had to cut that short because she went into labor. She did manage to collect and cash in her certificate for reaching level 10 of gardening before ...

Screenshot-395sm_zpslk6ezg8c.jpg

Jaclyn gave birth to Jonathan Watkins.

Screenshot-407sm_zpsxyiteyev.jpg

Screenshot-409sm_zps7fu0nvlo.jpg

Screenshot-411sm_zpstswsollr.jpg

All 3 adults in the household lavished attention on the new baby and everything seems going fine but both Franco and Jaclyn have a wish to marry ( although the wishes do not specify to each other). I have downloaded a mod that would allow her to marry both at the city hall but am not sure if I want to go that far. We'll see. I still want her to have children with Jason too.

ETA:

When Jonathan aged up to a toddler he had blond hair like his father and grandfather.

Screenshot-58sm_zps6ndehrml.jpg

I aged him up in CAS to see how he would turn out.

Screenshot-60sm_zpsvpv877vz.jpg

Since I had just installed the consort hair mod to get a blend of parents hair I used it and it told me his hair was a blend of both but 97.5% from the father. I decided to changed his hair color using 50%-50%.

Screenshot-78sm_zpsoudcro8e.jpg

Screenshot-84sm_zpszxw2ropw.jpg

Screenshot-93sm_zps9vx4ayhy.jpg

@cwaddell Fantastic! Such a great update. I like Jason without a shirt on. Lol

Thanks. I think he looks good without a shirt too. :) That last picture was a little gratuitous, not really necessary for the narrative. :p
    @cwaddell I was wondering when Jaclyn would get pregnant. Loved how she was dancing at a club while pregnant. Congrats your sims new baby. I think that I might like Jason more because I was hoping that the baby was his.
    @cwaddell I was wondering when Jaclyn would get pregnant. Loved how she was dancing at a club while pregnant. Congrats your sims new baby. I think that I might like Jason more because I was hoping that the baby was his.

I was too. Oh well will just have to wait to see what happens. Hope to get a chance to play this afternoon. Hope your game is going well.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top