Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Play and Share continued

Comments

• wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
    edited May 2014
    Colorist40 wrote:
    AiHaou wrote:
    Jeanette just found out that she's pregnant!
    Screenshot-3_zpsc6375ed2.jpg

She also decides to take a break in the rocking chair once she got home from La Costa Verde.
    Screenshot-4_zps7a17fdd4.jpg

She got an ultrasound and found out the baby is a girl.

At this point she was starting to get dehydrated so she went for a swim. Lucky she lives on a boat.

Congrats Jeanette on the pregnancy. Hooray it is a girl. Would love to see more of the houseboat she lives on. It looks nice.

Screenshot-15_zpsaf6662bc.jpg
    Screenshot-14_zps8a978eff.jpg
    Screenshot-13_zps8c265e52.jpg
    Screenshot-12_zps515ed86b.jpg

This is one of my favorite premade houseboats.
    6JSxk49.png?1
  • IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    edited May 2014
    Celiria wrote:
    @IreneSwift: Wow she sends him a love letter but doesn't want to go out O.o sims logic at it's finest :P

And Daisy's bad luck continues. Maybe you need to add in some suitable candidates because at the rate their going Oleander and Daisy are going to end up all alone :P

Or the arranged marriage thing works to :lol:

nice update

Yeah, until I saw Daisy and Pierce dance together, I had pretty much decided that if I continued playing them, I'd have to put someone in the game for Daisy. Her father was someone I put into the game for her mother, and her oldest sister married someone I transplanted from a different world.
    edited May 2014
    Colorist40 I haven't been reading your Shrek story, because I'm not interested in imaginary beings like vampires, werewolves, zombies, fairies, and ogres. But today I did read your latest post, and I have to say, you have a very interesting storyline going there.

Puddinroy I hope you feel better soon.

Nath453 What world are you playing your boys in?

AiHaou Jeanette looks pretty happy to be pregnant. I hope she is happy that it's a girl too.

When you get IP, do houseboats get placed in the library under residential lots, like the houses that come with other lots? Do they come already docked around town, like regular houses, ready for your sims to move into as starter home?

Colorist40 I think Oleander has been too busy watching out for Daisy to get serious about finding someone for himself. Once I go back to that game, I already have someone picked out for him. One of his team members is a non-resident NPC. She has good traits and would be a good match for him, and those NPCs never get paired up, so she will be available whenever he is ready, without any help from me.

LunBeauty Thanks for your comment on my update. I'm glad that guy got smart and left, though it might have been fun to see Olivia work him over too.

nateslice Poor Hugh! It looks like if he didn't have bad luck, he wouldn't have any luck at all! And even worse when he was trying to impress the cute repair woman!

I have some updating to do, but I'm going to wait until tomorrow. I've been too busy to deal with screenshots and deciding what to write, but not too busy to play, if you know what I mean.
    edited May 2014
    IreneSwift wrote:
    Colorist40 I haven't been reading your Shrek story, because I'm not interested in imaginary beings like vampires, werewolves, zombies, fairies, and ogres. But today I did read your latest post, and I have to say, you have a very interesting storyline going there.

Puddinroy I hope you feel better soon.

Nath453 What world are you playing your boys in?

AiHaou Jeanette looks pretty happy to be pregnant. I hope she is happy that it's a girl too.

When you get IP, do houseboats get placed in the library under residential lots, like the houses that come with other lots? Do they come already docked around town, like regular houses, ready for your sims to move into as starter home?

Colorist40 I think Oleander has been too busy watching out for Daisy to get serious about finding someone for himself. Once I go back to that game, I already have someone picked out for him. One of his team members is a non-resident NPC. She has good traits and would be a good match for him, and those NPCs never get paired up, so she will be available whenever he is ready, without any help from me.

LunBeauty Thanks for your comment on my update. I'm glad that guy got smart and left, though it might have been fun to see Olivia work him over too.

nateslice Poor Hugh! It looks like if he didn't have bad luck, he wouldn't have any luck at all! And even worse when he was trying to impress the cute repair woman!

I have some updating to do, but I'm going to wait until tomorrow. I've been too busy to deal with screenshots and deciding what to write, but not too busy to play, if you know what I mean.

Only one thing: Who's the father? Dun dun dun! :lol: Kidding.
    6JSxk49.png?1
  • rednenemonrednenemon Posts: 3,206 Member
    edited May 2014
    I would've posted earlier, but the game crashed (apparently the game didn't want me to put a Bot Emporium in a town besides Oasis Landing). I tried again later, and managed to save this time. So:

Here is Guillaume working on a draft table at the Consignment Store:
    2u5xh5e.jpg
    He was getting stir crazy, so I sent him out to get rid of that moodlet.

Here we see M4M4-54M4 watching the Shopping Channel:
    5my134.jpg
    Why it was that channel, I don't know. :roll:

Here she's trying out the new bubble bar :lol: :
    2pzjr4h.jpg

Here we see Solara has moved on to Topiary:
    n6vsw9.jpg
    In other words, now she's completed her LTW alongside her parents. :D

Here is Landon making a rather sour face while practicing his Charisma skill :shock: :lol: :
    9a0mki.jpg

Here for some reason, Locke decided to do his homework in the snow:
    34s2knl.jpg

Here we see Mignon's come for a visit:
    4t2h6w.jpg
    He didn't stick around for long (disappeared around 6 a.m.), unfortunately. :(

Here Sebastian is getting abducted by aliens:
    2illpw9.jpg

Here is Locke's birthday:
    w0m7wm.jpg
    Kid grew up way too fast. :(

And here's Locke as a teen:
    2n246s9.jpg
    He...Well, to be honest, he kind of scares me. :shock:

One thing about teens I can't stand: shortly after aging up, a notification to go to a formal dance popped up. Which annoyed me because he JUST aged up. :roll:
    AO3: Silver_Shortage_in_Markarth <(Where I'm usually at nowadays)
    MQ2gUyY.jpg
    Part One(Complete 9/24/16) /Part Two(on hold)/Short Stories(on hold)/Twinbrook 1996(on hold)/Ten Crystal Hearts (on hold)
    I own the TS3 Store as of 12/11/16 (sort of. It's complicated)
  • nateslicenateslice Posts: 1,440 Member
    edited May 2014
    After dealing so handily with such an emergency, Hugh must've been feeling particularly bold and maybe a little frisky, because he suddenly got a wish to go to a dive bar. All right; let's do that.

He puttered around his apartment for a while, because the bars weren't open yet. Write, phone chat with Hannah, shower. Ready to go!

The two nearest bars were some sports bar and Eugi's. Eugi's seemed just a tiny bit closer, and Hugh isn't all that into sports, so Eugi's it was.
    JF1FLLP.jpg
    He arrived just as two hot blondes were walking in the door, and began having second thoughts.
    OAniaSQ.jpg
    "Maybe this was a mistake. If all the girls here look like that, I'm not gonna be able to talk to any of them."

"No. No, I've come this far; I'm not chickening out now. In fact, I'm gonna go talk to those blondes right now!"

He turned back around and caught up with Bianca Rubble, and...
    cx505g7.jpg
    That happened.

He immediately figured out that she's a Coward and a Slob. He wasn't put off by this, though; in fact, knowing she had such issues just made him feel more comfortable with her. And that mutual attraction! He just might be trying to serve breakfast again tomorrow, hopefully with better results this time.

But first, they had to go inside so he could get rid of that Plagued by Nature moodlet. Nothing he could do about Feeling Shy, though, so he formed a group and went on in, with Bianca following

Once inside, Hugh hit the bar to order a round while Bianca went to play darts. The drinks took a while. During the wait, I scrolled the camera around the bar and was a little surprised to see this...
    FyllrBz.jpg
    ... and this.
    zlE6c5j.jpg

Apparently, Hugh was turning all sorts of heads at Eugi's. I filed those women's names away for future reference in case things ended up not working out with Bianca.

With the drinks finally made, Hugh brought the first glass to Bianca and forgot the rest as he commenced flirting.
    LzejRP6.jpg
    Well. That's an, er, interesting technique. "You look delicious, baby, like a nice vegetable medley."

Whatever. Bianca was receptive, and soon Hugh was enjoying his first kiss. He had closed the deal.

With things going so well, he decided to press his luck a little further. "Bianca Rubble, about whom I know almost nothing apart from that you're a cowardly slob who seems to get off on being compared to vegetables, will you be my girlfriend?"
    AZvDOQ1.jpg
    The answer was yes. His first girlfriend!

(A little aside here... I'm aware that she probably won't be his last girlfriend. I'm familiar with her home situation, where she's basically competing in sort of a low-rent Hunger Games, only with an ******* as the prize.)

He invited her home, and then to sleep over, and after their first woohoo he had to go to sleep while Bianca got up to mess around on his computer.
    Av32kc4.jpg
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    edited May 2014
    Back to Blakes household…

The maid returned…
    Screenshot-3427.jpg

Brooke didn’t stick around very long before running off to tell her dad (she gave the maid one heck of a dirty look too, sadly I missed getting a picture)

Blake wasted no time in finding the maid

“I thought I told you to stay away from here and my daughters. Get out. Now.”
    Screenshot-3429-1.jpg

The stupid creeper got all mad and refused to leave so Blake beat the crap out of him.
    Screenshot-3443.jpg

That got him to leave. He better stay away this time, next time he dies.

Cassie hasn’t been feeling so great.
    Screenshot-3455.jpg

“Please don’t be pregnant."
    Screenshot-3457.jpg
    Please do

Brooke has been learning piano
    Screenshot-3419.jpg

And Emma has been continuing to practice guitar.
    Screenshot-3459.jpg

They even had a jam session with their dad.
    Screenshot-3464.jpg
    That’s better Blake, I know you’re a good dad, I dunno why you were so cold to Emma before.

And Cassie was indeed pregnant!
    Screenshot-3470.jpg

Baby boy Logan was born a couple days later.

Blake missed the birth of his son because he was too busy spending time with Sheri and trying to impress her with flowers
    Screenshot-3482.jpg

and by serenading her with some lovely music
    Screenshot-3505.jpg

and then when his efforts proved successful he was too busy making out with her.
    Screenshot-3521.jpg

When he finally got home he didn't even stop to see his son he just climbed into bed and fell asleep next to Cassie. I'm actually amazed the both sleep in the kids beds, not their own, and it's never the same bed as each other (granted they're twin beds so they can't but still).
    Screenshot-3522.jpg

He did spend lots of time with his new son the next day though.
    Screenshot-3536.jpg
    Screenshot-3535.jpg

and just a better picture of that cute little face
    Screenshot-3524.jpg

And Brooke and Emma aged up

Brooke (she wasn't so fond of having her picture taken)
    Screenshot-3546.jpg

Emma
    Screenshot-3561.jpg

and while all this has been going on somebody has been watching very closely...
    Screenshot-3424.jpg
    Victoria.

And again I'll try to be back later with comments, maybe tomorrow even (probably tomorrow), I just haven't had the focus and level of comprehension required for them (like seriously, it's a good thing chrome spell checks or this post would be a huge mess. I don't think I can handle keeping everybody's stories straight). I actually feel worse and I think the fever is frying my brain. I can't even sleep 'cause I've just done that too much already, so playing my game is getting me through.

Edit: I can't even add the right pictures tonight. :x

and spell check doesn't find the right word for you... :oops:

:shock: Okay, this is a huge mess. I GIVE UP! :x
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    edited May 2014
    Jeanette had twins: Alaiyah and Lacey.
    Screenshot-22_zpsab0990f7.jpg
    Screenshot-23_zpsc1778774.jpg
    Screenshot-24_zpsfb6414f7.jpg
    Screenshot-26_zps73e5f392.jpg
    Screenshot-25_zpsea58a8f2.jpg
    Screenshot-32_zps2c07482d.jpg
    Screenshot-31_zps7a78bc5f.jpg
    Screenshot-34_zpsf1c501ac.jpg

6JSxk49.png?1
  • nateslicenateslice Posts: 1,440 Member
    edited May 2014
    I hope you're feeling better soon, Dreamerz!

Thanks for the nice comments, Irene and Colorist!

I intend to have a Meredith update soon, but it's been a busy week and a half for her, so that's gonna take some more time.

Oh, and I had to change Hugh's pants after getting another look at these screenshots. I didn't realize his pants had suspenders dangling from his waist when I first created him. I've fixed that now.
  • LunBeautyLunBeauty Posts: 2,734 Member
    edited May 2014
    nateslice: Hugh is quite good looking. :) He definitely looks like your stereotypical nerd, which I love. :D Wow, you call a repair person and you get that beauty. You lucky simmer, you. Hm...maybe luck isn't on his side after all. But at least he managed to put the fire out pretty easily. :) Too bad she left almost right afterwards. I find it's almost hard to interact with service sims because they tend to leave right after their work is finished.

rednenemon: Nothing wrong with watching the Shopping Network. :lol: Sometimes they have some nice things on there. By the way, which tab in Buy Mode is the Bubble Blower from? I'm guessing it's either from Late Night or Showtime, but I can never find it. :( Oh, Landon always makes the best faces. :lol: Yay, Mignon! :D And poor Sebastian. *Snickers* Locke looks nice as a teen. :)

nateslice: Very nice update. And wow, he's certainly popular with the ladies. ;)

dreamerz13: That maid seemed like such a 🐸🐸🐸🐸. Go Blake! Beat his 🐸🐸🐸🐸! *Munches popcorn* Your sims aged up so beautifully. :)

AiHaou: Congratulations on your sim's twins. :)
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    edited May 2014
    MayaRose1138 It was great that you got the rabbit hole rugs to use for the rabbit holes.Great update!Those children are
    very cute and the bigger kids have their own charm.
    ddsims3world Great pictures!It's great to go back to older games and revisit them sometimes.
    and-it-is-on Hi there!
    Colorist40 It looks like Shrek got accused of lying when he tried to be honest.Great update!
    Puddinroy Hi there!
    Nath453 Great update!It looks like a good start to something interesting.
    AiHaou Great update!The houseboat looks great and I've got that option in my game.
    LunBeauty Great story idea!
    nateslice Great start on a game!It looks promising.
    rednenemon Great update!You've had another one grow into a kid.
    dreamerz13 Great update!I hate being sick and usually get sick in the summer.
    IreneSwift Great update!That test game could be continued as a second story.
    I've had to put my Sims on hold because our weather suddenly turned very hot and I don't want to stress my computer out.I
    hope I can play later at night when it gets cooler.I'll be fixing my story posts up and getting that ready.I've got story
    threads to get caught up in and want to get the stories ready on my computer with WordPad.
    I might be able to find something to post if I can make it into my game later.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    edited May 2014
    Here's a small update from Gibsons.
    Eli and Ami Jankowsky both got up early and got ready for the day before noticing that there was a blizzard raging outside their home in Gibsons.Eli went out to start tending the indoor garden while Ami decided to practice chess on his computer.
    14145725581_1631326bf3.jpg
    Eli got to work on the garden and Ami managed to have fun building up his logic skill with the computer chess on the laptop.
    14145726831_0747af5032.jpg
    They both started getting ready for work at 1:30 in the afternoon and Eli got the washroom first while Ami had forgotten to quit playing and had to shower after Eli and didn't leave for work until about 3:30 in the afternoon.
    14125863286_ffbf1cd85f.jpg
    They got home at 7PM and Eli got into bed shortly after arriving while Ami decided to eat some leftover pancakes without noticing the flies swarming around the food.
    14169101273_0ac3ec0b06.jpg
    Ami got himself off to bed after eating the spoiled pancakes and failing to notice.
    13962384959_c1d885dac1.jpg
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
    edited May 2014
    Rose & Romeo's wedding was on Saturday. Before I could move them to a new town, there were wishes and opportunities I wanted to fulfill for them and Rose's parents, especially some important long-term wishes I'd been working toward, that I knew they wouldn't make again once they were moved. I also wanted them to have their honeymoon leave, which would be canceled if I moved them before it was over, and to get whatever wedding gifts might be sent to them.

As soon as Rose and Romeo finished taking their vows and were officially husband and wife, Danielle and Nathan both wished to become grandparents. I am not ready for Rose and Romeo to have children yet, so instead, I used Master Controller to pollinate Rose's sister, Lily. I expected the baby to be born sometime early on Wednesday.

Danielle and Nathan spent most of those next few days just enjoying each other's company together, though Nathan spent some of his time working on the latest book he was writing, and Danielle went to Rose's to finish some upgrades she had started but not finished.

dampncuddlingoutside.jpg

Rose and Romeo got their first day together to just be together and have fun, both at home and out on the town. Then on Monday, they got busy with finishing up those long-term wishes, like Rose mastering the guitar, and a few simpler ones, like learning a new recipe and gaining skill levels.

The baby was born shortly after midnight on Wednesday morning. It was a boy, named Bradley. The active household members were nearly ready to move, but had a few small matters left to finish up. The one thing that couldn't be completed before the move was that Rose had the Painting City Hall opportunity, of selling 15 paintings to City Hall. She only had 2 finished, and they would have had to make it through a couple more weeks in SV before that would be done, so I let go of that one, and am hoping she'll get it again later. It won't be a big deal if she doesn't though, as they don't really need the money.

She did finish the portrait of Romeo she had been working on since before the wedding, but the lighting had apparently not been good when I got the snapshot she worked from, so I left it behind when they moved. But at least she did get the points for finishing it.

portraitofromeo.jpg

Romeo's honeymoon leave of 2 days was followed by his regular day off on Wednesday, so he would not be returning to his regular work schedule until Thursday morning. But the actual paid time off ended at the end of his regular shift on Tuesday, at 2 PM. So of course, he was called in to check on some evidence at about 2:15 on Tuesday.

calledin.jpg

While he was gone, Rose cooked a couple of meals, to get her cooking skill up.

cookingnewrecipes.jpg

Thankfully, Romeo was not called in again before the move, so he was able to finish up what I wanted him to get done too.

The family was all ready to go by early Wednesday afternoon, the final task being for Romeo to go buy a logic book, book 3. The big house had been sold, as well as their partnership in the grocery store, and the family waited for Romeo's return from town. Danielle and Rose watched the cooking channel together,

waitingforromeo.jpg

while Nathan worked on the book he was writing.

nwriting.jpg

Finally, the family was all moved in, and their calendar started over on Sunday. This gave Romeo one more day before he had to start working again. As soon as their day started, Rose and Nathan planted their shared garden together.

1planting.jpg

Nathan was now at the end of his life expectancy, so it was important for him to plant certain items that Rose could not. The money tree seed that she had been hanging onto since it dropped at their house in town might as well be planted, because by the time she had the skill to plant it, the tree would probably drop another seed. And I was tired of that seed being in her inventory. Nathan had gotten every kind of plant up to perfect except the burger patties, but all of the perfect flame fruit and life fruit had been used up in pancakes and baked angel food cake. It also made no sense for Nathan to hang on to his omni plant seeds for Rose, because as soon as she had the ability to plant them, she would get some of her own. So, Nathan planted the money tree, his four remaining omni plants, life fruit, flame fruit, and also one watermelon, since there were very few of those on hand. Rose could harvest all of these even after Nathan was gone, so hopefully, there would be some perfect ones available to her when she gained the skill to plant them. The omni plants would be used to build up their supply of links, tofu, and roasts.

Rose planted all of the common plants, and in the process, reached level 5 of gardening skill, so she immediately also planted all of the uncommon plants, including a pumpkin, which Nathan had never been able to plant, since it wasn't available before.

Romeo went upstairs to work out.

2workingout.jpg

Here's a picture of Rose's music room in the new house.

3musicroom.jpg

Danielle went to town to buy some groceries and a couple of recipes for Rose, then she went to the park to play her piano. She started a jam session, so that Rose could join her when she finished her gardening.

By the time Rose had finished and cleaned up, Romeo was also ready to read the newspaper and study his new logic book, so he went along with Rose and did his reading on a park bench near where the ladies were playing.

5jamminginthepark.jpg

Nathan wanted to go fishing, so he found a good spot with his collection helper, and caught some more salmon, which they were out of. Grilled salmon is his favorite meal, so it would not be good to not have any on hand. Unfortunately, I missed packing his 2 aquariums, so his pet fish were left behind. Maybe he could catch some more in the next few days.

4fishing.jpg

No one stopped to listen to Rose and Danielle play, though they both have mastered their instruments. Not that many sims passed that while they were there, and while some of them noticed the musicians, they all went on about their business. After a few hours, the family members were getting hot out in the summer sun, so they all returned home.

Danielle and Nathan spent the afternoon slow dancing.

6slowdancing.jpg

Unfortunately, Danielle stepped on Nathan's feet a few times. She's a great athlete, but not so great a dancer.

7ouch.jpg

In spite of this, they continued dancing until dinner time.

9slowdancingagain.jpg

Rose started a new painting, while Romeo sat and read nearby.

8paintingandreadin.jpg

The time came for dinner in their new home.

10firstmealinnewhouse.jpg

After dinner, though it was still early, Romeo and Rose decided to pass the rest of the evening in relaxing on the bed and chatting, rather than starting some other activity together.

11talking.jpg

Danielle and Nathan decided to go use the hot tub, which was now in Rose's yard. But it took them so long to go out their own front gate, through Rose's front yard, and all the way to the back of Rose's yard, by the time they got there, it was late and they were too tired to enjoy it. So, I put gates in the side fences of both properties, to give them a shortcut to next door.

12newgate.jpg

I'll end with one final view of our elder lovebirds, just for you again, LunBeauty.

13danielleampnathan.jpg
    edited May 2014
    rednenemon I hope you didn't lose too much gameplay when your game crashed.

Oh no! Poor Sebastian!

Personally, I think Locke looks kind of feminine in that picture.

I hate it too when they get the prom notice so early that it's impossible for them to gain a high enough relationship with anybody to get a date. The it seems like the game always pairs them up with some total stranger, who often turns out to be a klepto babysitter or some other undesirable character.

nateslice You know, those other women may have just noticed Hugh because he was new in town, and they hadn't seen him before.

Yeah, Bianca and her housemates seem to be rather stupid when it comes to men. That skunk they live with isn't worth wasting their time on. If he won't be faithful to any one of them now, he won't ever be faithful to any of them. They're just setting themselves up to a lifetime of misery unless they wise up and kick him out on his sorry rear end.

dreamerz13 I'm sorry to hear you're sick. I hope you get over it soon.

TadOlson Thank you. I will probably resume Oleander and Daisy's game eventually, but playing a YA brother and sister is just about as complicated as playing a family of two couples in two houses, and I can only deal with one complicated game at a time. Any secondary game I play has to be a simpler household.

I had a similar problem with a computer I used to have that ran hot, and had to have a water cooling system. Even with the cooling system, I couldn't run it during the summer unless the air conditioning was on in the house. I hope you can manage to get in some good play time in the cooler part of the day.

Don't your slob sims ever get sick from eating the spoiled food?
  • ddsims3worldddsims3world Posts: 4,519 Member
    edited May 2014
    Don't you just love this kind of a grudge match w/ an even score:

29kt7j5.jpg

But then again someone needed to score ONE more point. Who won?

Find out later today! :lol:
  • MayaRose1138MayaRose1138 Posts: 1,787 Member
    edited May 2014
    No update today. I didn't get into my game last night. After downloading a few items, I tried to get into Dragon Valley to copy the Orphanage to the library so I could use it for the Rainbow family but it didn't want to load. It took 45 minutes just to get to the end of the loading bar and then it froze. So I restarted and this time it only took 20 minutes to freeze. So I moved all the new files out of the folder and tried to load up the Rainbow game. It loaded up as normal, so I tried Dragon Valley again. This time it worked but it still did take a little while. Obviously my game either didn't like Dragon Valley or it didn't like the package files I had downloaded. I'll try again tonight and see what happens.
    LunBeauty wrote:
    MayaRose1138: I remember back when there was Zach and Cherry. His features were passed down through three generations already because he passed his looks on to Orion, then Orion passed his looks to Olivia, and now Olivia is passing her looks to her three kids. Thanks, by the way. :) I have a ton of braided styles, yet I only use maybe two of them. I still keep all of them because I know that one day, I'm going to have some use for all of them.

MayaRose1138: Very nice update and the kids are super adorable. :D

Thank you :) Three generations? I haven't even got through one in any of my games yet but I suppose it would help if they didn't have so many children!! I've noticed that a lot of the cc hairstyles don't like multi-coloured hair, and even some of the straight colours, like red, get changed. That makes it a problem to find braided hair because there's not much in the actual store or games.
    IreneSwift wrote:

Maybe you can find some fitting outerwear eventually. In the meantime, at least they won't die when they get sick in the game.

Can children invent? I didn't think they could do that. I guess they can put a box in front of the bench, like they do with painting at an easel and washing dishes.

I have sometimes set the gender of my sims' babies with Master Controller, and it always works. What mod are you using for that? Also, so far, I have not had any problem getting multiples, but I don't especially like playing them as babies and toddlers, so I've only done it a couple of times, and I've never used mods to do it with.

I'm getting the reward simmunity as soon as the kids earn enough lifetime happiness points, then I don't have to worry :) Yes, children can invent - it's something I often get the boys to do when they're children. They do put a box in front of the workbench, like with the chemistry table too.

How do you set the gender of the babies with Master Controller? I have that mod, Woohooer, Mover, Story Progression, and Portrait Panel. I want multiples in this game because that hopefully decreases the amount of time it will take to get an heir! And I like the girls better because they're more fun to dress up :)
    Celiria wrote:
    @MayaRose: The painting is actually an easter egg referencing Maxis' previous game Spore

I like Jelly Bean's eyes, they are a really pretty color

Nice update

Oh, okay. I just thought it was another strange picture that the game had dreamed up :)

Thank you :) I like Jellybean's eyes too - they're a beautiful colour and I think I might save that for the sim that's going to need that colour later on.
    Colorist40 wrote:
    Fiona whispered: Never! He would never sell me! Daddy,I know you didn't do that.

Somehow though the denial came out sounding hollow and the conviction of his innocence didn't sound as convincing to her ears as she hoped.

Oh dear :( That doesn't sound good at all. Poor Fiona - she is not going to take it well when it sinks in that Shrek is telling the truth.
    rednenemon wrote:
    2n246s9.jpg

He scares me too! I would not want to meet him in a dark alley. Or a well-lit one, for that matter :)
    nateslice wrote:
    With things going so well, he decided to press his luck a little further. "Bianca Rubble, about whom I know almost nothing apart from that you're a cowardly slob who seems to get off on being compared to vegetables, will you be my girlfriend?"

Yay, go Hugh!! Enjoy your time with Bianca while it lasts - just don't get her pregnant!
    TadOlson wrote:
    MayaRose1138 It was great that you got the rabbit hole rugs to use for the rabbit holes. Great update! Those children are
    very cute and the bigger kids have their own charm.

Thank you :) I used one of the rugs on a house in Cotes d'Ambonnay to turn it into a hospital but I haven't tried letting any of the sims to go there yet.
  • and-it-is-onand-it-is-on Posts: 1,364 Member
    edited May 2014
    Finally managed an update!

You know Bianca's best friend Kandee? Well she has 4 kids now and I just love them all so much I just had to show you guys a pic (the youngest is a toddler so she isn't in this pic)
    Screenshot-7_zpsa29cdc0b.jpg"width=640"
    We have Dean, the only boy. Jada, she's a vampire. Totally blanking on the other girls name, I've shown a pic of her before though. And I can't remember the toddlers name either but she (so far) looks like her sisters. The father and Kandee's husband is Tristan Van Gould (he's nice in my game :wink: )

On to my family now. It was time for Lacey and Nathan to find their own place and the other kids are starting their own lives as well so I sent the household to the summer festival to be all together for the last time.
    Lacey and Kimbra skated for ages
    Screenshot-28_zps3f19a319.jpg"width=640"
    They only fell once which is pretty good I guess :P
    Screenshot-31_zps52d9fdee.jpg"width=640"
    Dante and Bianca had a water balloon fight
    Screenshot-32_zps95011081.jpg"width=640"
    Dante then joined Toby and Nathan for a hotdog eating contest
    Screenshot-34_zps2b181784.jpg"width=640"
    Not a very good look guys :lol:
    Screenshot-36_zps5bf84bd0.jpg"width=640"
    Marissa and Mila were just hanging out (apparently I didn't get any shots of them oops) Everyone finished the day by taking a family picture in the photo booth, I realised it would be the last picture with everyone in it :( After that Lacey and Nathan moved into their own place, it was sad to see them go but I'll have Toby visit them regularly.

The next day was something I had been dreading...Dante's birthday...he was going to be an elder :(
    Dante invited all the family over for a party
    Screenshot-40_zps29928d8a.jpg"width=640"
    No please I don't want him to get old :(
    Screenshot-41_zpsc518536d.jpg"width=640"
    Noooooooooo :cry:
    Screenshot-43_zps22dd681f.jpg"width=640"
    At least he seems happy
    Screenshot-44_zps8f5d0d8c.jpg"width=640"
    Ok I have say he is a pretty cute elder
    Screenshot-45_zps779db231.jpg"width=640"
    Everybody enjoyed cake together
    Screenshot-46_zpsa3bb0cb3.jpg"width=640"
    After everyone left Bianca had some alone time with Dante. Nothing has changed between them, the are still so in love and she still thinks he is handsome :wink:
    Screenshot-47_zps05de06a0.jpg"width=640"
    I seriously love these two <3

That's it for now, I'll hopefully get some comments done soon (it was hard enough just posting this :roll: )
    2wn09yb.jpg
  • Nath453Nath453 Posts: 117 New Member
    edited May 2014
    Page 65

@LunBeauty Randi looks really good, awesome looking hair, cute outfits. Very fun character.
    Terrance looks great too, his hair really matches his style. Thanks for your kind comments too!

@IreneSwift Looks like a productive Leisure day :lol: shame about the bad weather! Nice to end on a slow dance under the fireworks, very romantic. Everyone must have worn themselves out after all that! Thanks for the nice comments!

@Colorist40 Shrek being his usual surly self :lol: Can't help but read it in Mike Myers voice! Fun stuff. Also, thanks so much for the amazing feedback! You're a very kind person :D

Page 66

@nateslice Yup, reminds me of every new household I play :lol: Hugh looks fun, a bit too much fun for that poor repairwoman though!

@IreneSwift The world I'm playing in is actually plain old Sunset Valley, but they live on the outskirts of town.

I'll post more when I get more time.

Until then:

Happy Simming

edited May 2014
    While I was playing my test game with Oleander and Daisy, and decided that if I were going to play them together as brother and sister, it would be better to start them over in a different town with a larger population. I also thought, as I noticed again how good-looking they both are, that I'd like to play them together as a married couple in Hidden Springs. Oleander was adopted, so he doesn't share Daisy's genetics, but in order for me to stop thinking of them as siblings, I knew I'd have to change their names, at the very least. I went ahead and created their household and moved them into the same house in Hidden Springs. Then I decided to play them as a secondary game, concurrent with the Rake – Irwin household. Playing two families in two houses at the same time is complicated, and there are times when I need a break from other things and would like to play for a short time, but I tend to shy away from playing complicated households at those times.

I've named them Jonathan and Ashley Miller. They are young, in love, and newly married, and have just moved into their very first home, in a new town, Hidden Springs. Jonathan plans to enlist in the military, while Ashley is planning a career in medicine. They plan on having a family eventually, but for now, they love just being together, and doing things together.

On their first day in town, after Jonathan had planted a small garden and Ashley had cooked some waffles for the next day's breakfast, they went to the gym to work out together. The royal family had arrived at the same time, and Sebastian worked out right beside them.

1workingout.jpg

Their next stop was the pool, where they practised diving, until time to go home and have dinner.

2atthepool.jpg

They are going to share the cooking and other household chores, but this time Ashley cooked while Jonathan studied handiness, which he will need in his job.

3dinner.jpg

Jonathan had wished to buy a washing machine, so I got that for them in the night. But they couldn't afford a dryer too, so while I did get hampers for their bedroom and both bathrooms, I decided to wait until they actually needed to do laundry to get them a clothesline. By the time they paid the bills on Monday, they were down to 23 simoleons.

Monday morning, they had not yet applied for work, because I wanted to give them a little honeymoon time to have fun together and work on skills. First thing in the morning, they went for a jog together.

4jogging.jpg

I love some of the scenery my sims encounter on their jogs.

5scenery.jpg

They both needed a shower when they got home, so they had two choices. One of them could use the upstairs shower and the other shower downstairs. Or....

6shower.jpg

After breakfast, Jonathan tended his garden, while Ashley cooked pancakes for Tuesday's breakfast. The military workday begins early, so it would be better to have food prepared ahead. By the time Jonathan finished watering all his plants, he was able to weed them too.

7gardening.jpg

The forecast for the day called for hail. So, instead of studying skills at the library, they went skating while the sun was shining. They had some trouble at first, but soon they were racing around like old pros.

8skating.jpg

Now it was time to go to the library. Ashley is studying logic, while Jonathan is studying handiness. They almost finished their first books of their respective skills, when it was time to go home for dinner.

The hail finally started just as they were finishing dinner and ready to go upstairs to bed.

9hail.jpg

Tuesday morning, they woke very early, earlier than they actually need to, around 3 AM. After breakfast, Jonathan still had an hour before the carpool would come, so went out to tend his garden while he waited. But as he worked, he became ill, and had to call in sick. He spent the day resting, mostly in bed, and reading,

12sickinbed.jpg

...while Ashley went off for her first day of work at the hospital.

10work.jpg

Jonathan finished his handiness book soon after he started, and started reading the cooking book. Around noon, he went back to bed, then continued reading when he woke up again. So as not to give whatever he had to Ashley, who had gone to the library after work to continue her study of logic, he moved into the study to continue reading.

13isolation.jpg

Ashley had to read by herself in the living room. When she finished the newspaper, she tried to go into the study where he was, to read her logic book, but I locked the door so she couldn't get in there.

11readingalone.jpg

Since Jonathan had slept during the day, he studied through the night, and napped in the study when he needed sleep. He was hungry just about the time Ashley came down for breakfast, but he waited until she left for work to come out, and passed the time by taking a nap.

14sleepingalone.jpg

He finished the cooking book in the morning and started reading the logic book. He couldn't go outside to tend his garden, because it was pouring rain. But he did do a few things around the house. He unclogged the downstairs toilet, then tried to upgrade it to self-cleaning, but failed.

When Ashley got home, after having spent an hour studying logic at the library after work, he was over whatever he had, so they were finally able to be together...

15finallytogetheragain.jpg

...and make up for lost time

16cuddling.jpg

Next day, Thursday, was Leisure Day. They had planned on going to Summerfest, but it was still pouring rain outside, for the third day in a row. So they decided to have some fun at home instead.

17inbed.jpg

That afternoon, they decided to go to the local hangout. They played dominoes.

18dominoes.jpg

Then they played darts. You can see that Jonathan had a really bad shot on this round.

19darts.jpg

Next, they went to the disco for some slow dancing. I could hear them quietly speaking sweet sounding things to each other as they danced.

20dancing.jpg

Too bad Jonathan kept stepping on Ashley's feet. It kind of spoiled the mood.

21ouch.jpg

While they were at the disco, the rain turned to hail.

22hail.jpg

The finished their outing with dinner at the diner.

23diner.jpg

By the time they went home, the rain had finally stopped. They made an early bedtime, as Jonathan would need to be up early for work.

After Jonathan left for work Friday morning, Ashley was finally able to hang the clothes she'd washed the previous morning on the clothesline.

24laundry.jpg

Her work starts 2 hours after Jonathan's so she even had time to go to the library for about an hour of study of logic. By the way, I used Debug Enabler to stock the Hidden Springs library with skill books. Every town should have skill books in their library. The only public place where there are any in HS is the museum, but they are behind barrier ropes, so sims can't get to them.

Ashley got a promotion at work that day. After work, she skated while she waited for Jonathan to get off work. He was working late that day. That helped somewhat to make up for the two days he lost while he was sick. Jonathan met her at the skating rink, and they went to the festival grounds together. It was supposed to rain again the next day, so this might be the only chance they'd have to go at all.

They started with soccer. Ashley missed one ball that Jonathan kicked at her, but he missed two of hers.

25soccer.jpg

They were both pretty accurate at throwing water balloons, but very poor at dodging them, so they both got soaked quite a few times.

26waterballoons.jpg

They got a picture together at the photo booth, which I wish I could share here, then they bought some food to eat, and ended their outing with a slow dance, but only a short one. They were both very tired, so they went home to get some sleep.

27done.jpg
    edited May 2014
    MayaRose1138 To set the baby's gender with Master Controller, you have to have the cheats module. Click on your pregnant sim, select Master Controller > Basic > Baby > Baby Gender

The baby options only show up under basic when the sim is pregnant. There's also an option to set the percentage chance of twins or triplets.

I just experienced my first sick sim. He was out gardening early in the morning, on a summer day, when the temperature was in the upper 60's. At least he got paid sick days off.

and-it-is-on Those are very nice looking children.

It's nice your family had a good time all together before the first ones moved out. You can always invite them home again, but what I don't like about that is that you don't get an option to include any of their children below school age to come with them.

Dante is a good-looking elder.

Nath453 Thank you for your comments. I like the slow dancing a lot better than the regular dancing. That's one of the things that made me finally decide to install it.
  • Colorist40Colorist40 Posts: 7,102 Member
    edited May 2014
    nateslice wrote:
    This is Hugh Howard...
    96JcxEH.jpg
    He's a semi-reclusive novelist. His traits are Artistic, Bookworm, Hates the Outdoors, Shy, and Unlucky. As of Wednesday, he hadn't left the house since moving in on Sunday. He had, however, written the sci-fi bestseller AG 238.

He'd seen two of his three neighbors coming and going, pizza guy Basil Jackson and burglar Blake Freeman. He hasn't talked to either of them, but the sight of Blake leaving for "work" in a striped shirt and domino mask did prompt him to invest in a burglar alarm. Hugh hasn't seen his third neighbor yet, as far as I know, but I have heard a female voice coming from the hall a couple of times.

I think the third neighbor might be teenager Hannah Smyth, the only person in Hugh's Relationship tab at the time. Passing her in the hall on the way up without noticing is the only way I can think of for him to have met her. She seems like a nice kid, and it's been good for Hugh to have someone safe to chat with when he needs it. With his traits, getting out and meeting people isn't exactly a delightful experience for him.

So, that's the setup.

Wednesday night, after a long session of work on his new drama novel Larry Planter, Hugh's cheap computer broke down. It was getting late, so he decided to relax with a book until his stress went away and then go to sleep. He'd call for a repairman in the morning.

Morning came, and the call was placed. Hugh was hungry, so he decided to try making a pile of waffles. Maybe the repairman would like some.

The repairman arrived...
    wXH73R8.jpg
    Make that repairgirl. Or technician. Or... angel clad in overalls and a tool belt. Whatever term you prefer, Hugh had made the right call serving breakfast!
    6zpcXlb.jpg
    No, actually, he hadn't.
    2PorQag.jpg
    Or had he? He leapt into action and put out the fire himself. Nothing was damaged, and Clara the Repairah was right there to witness his feat of valor. Surely she'd be impressed with him now!
    czAWrzf.jpg
    "I'm not impressed. And don't call me Shirley."

She returned to her work, and Hugh sat down with a nice, safe bowl of corn flakes. The firefighter arrived and hollered at Hugh to be more careful, then left just as Clara was finishing her work. Hugh approached her to chat; perhaps she'd like to go out for a nice hamburger and a chocolate malt with two straws.
    H7hqXv2.jpg
    "Sorry, no time to chat! I have to be somewhere else before you get me killed somehow. Bye!"

Wow Hugh has issues poor dear. To stay in the house for 4 days, but it sounds like he feels more in his comfort zone at home. Well he is fortunate he can make his money without leaving his house. That is a plus, of course socializing isn't easy. Well being shy that isn't a bad thing. Shy people get stressed from socializing no matter how they might feel like they want to do so at times.

At least having things that need repairing will get him the socialization he might need on a limited scale. I think it was nice he was willing to make breakfast for the repairperson. I find that shy people are very considerate and kind toward other people. Hugh you are an epically nice guy.

Unfortunate for Nate having the unlucky trait in tandem with the shy trait does not lead to things going as planned to say the least. Yep I knew it setting the stove on fire while the what turns out to be the cutest repairwoman ever is in his house. Cool that he had the nerve to put it out. Way to impress Hugh or not sigh. Poor Hugh reaches out to try to I know how hard it must have been for him to do it, and rejected flat out and not even let down gently grrrrrrrrrr. No wonder Hugh stays in his house. He gets rejected even without having to leave lol.

Hope things improve for Hugh. I would date that sweetheart. He will make some woman a good match, if he can get out and socialize more lol.

Great update.
    edited May 2014
    rednenemon wrote:
    I would've posted earlier, but the game crashed (apparently the game didn't want me to put a Bot Emporium in a town besides Oasis Landing). I tried again later, and managed to save this time. So:

Here is Guillaume working on a draft table at the Consignment Store:
    2u5xh5e.jpg
    He was getting stir crazy, so I sent him out to get rid of that moodlet.

Here we see M4M4-54M4 watching the Shopping Channel:
    5my134.jpg
    Why it was that channel, I don't know. :roll:

Here she's trying out the new bubble bar :lol: :
    2pzjr4h.jpg

Here we see Solara has moved on to Topiary:
    n6vsw9.jpg
    In other words, now she's completed her LTW alongside her parents. :D

Here is Landon making a rather sour face while practicing his Charisma skill :shock: :lol: :
    9a0mki.jpg

Here for some reason, Locke decided to do his homework in the snow:
    34s2knl.jpg

Here we see Mignon's come for a visit:
    4t2h6w.jpg
    He didn't stick around for long (disappeared around 6 a.m.), unfortunately. :(

Here Sebastian is getting abducted by aliens:
    2illpw9.jpg

Here is Locke's birthday:
    w0m7wm.jpg
    Kid grew up way too fast. :(

2n246s9.jpg

One thing about teens I can't stand: shortly after aging up, a notification to go to a formal dance popped up. Which annoyed me because he JUST aged up. :roll:

Good idea get him out of the house to get rid of that negative moodlet and skill up at the same time.

M4M4-54M4 doesn't have their credit card does he? He might be a shopping addict lol. Watch that robot closely ha ha ha.

Trying out the bar are we M4M4-54M4? Maybe he is sucking in oil lol.

Hooray Mignon is back even if only for a brief time.

Solara you rock that saw lol. Wonder what she will create. That isn't easy cutting up bushes just to make sure they are straight ha ha ha. To make sculptures is epic.

Landon that is not a face that will make you friends to skill up more in charisma. If I saw that face I would run the other way.

Aww Locke growing up. They do grow up fast.

I don't think he is scary at all. He is amazingly handsome with those bright blue eyes. He looks really like he would be nice.

edited May 2014
    nateslice wrote:
    After dealing so handily with such an emergency, Hugh must've been feeling particularly bold and maybe a little frisky, because he suddenly got a wish to go to a dive bar. All right; let's do that.

He puttered around his apartment for a while, because the bars weren't open yet. Write, phone chat with Hannah, shower. Ready to go!

The two nearest bars were some sports bar and Eugi's. Eugi's seemed just a tiny bit closer, and Hugh isn't all that into sports, so Eugi's it was.
    JF1FLLP.jpg
    He arrived just as two hot blondes were walking in the door, and began having second thoughts.
    OAniaSQ.jpg
    "Maybe this was a mistake. If all the girls here look like that, I'm not gonna be able to talk to any of them."

"No. No, I've come this far; I'm not chickening out now. In fact, I'm gonna go talk to those blondes right now!"

He turned back around and caught up with Bianca Rubble, and...
    cx505g7.jpg
    That happened.

He immediately figured out that she's a Coward and a Slob. He wasn't put off by this, though; in fact, knowing she had such issues just made him feel more comfortable with her. And that mutual attraction! He just might be trying to serve breakfast again tomorrow, hopefully with better results this time.

But first, they had to go inside so he could get rid of that Plagued by Nature moodlet. Nothing he could do about Feeling Shy, though, so he formed a group and went on in, with Bianca following

Once inside, Hugh hit the bar to order a round while Bianca went to play darts. The drinks took a while. During the wait, I scrolled the camera around the bar and was a little surprised to see this...
    FyllrBz.jpg
    ... and this.
    zlE6c5j.jpg

Apparently, Hugh was turning all sorts of heads at Eugi's. I filed those women's names away for future reference in case things ended up not working out with Bianca.

With the drinks finally made, Hugh brought the first glass to Bianca and forgot the rest as he commenced flirting.
    LzejRP6.jpg
    Well. That's an, er, interesting technique. "You look delicious, baby, like a nice vegetable medley."

Whatever. Bianca was receptive, and soon Hugh was enjoying his first kiss. He had closed the deal.

AZvDOQ1.jpg

(A little aside here... I'm aware that she probably won't be his last girlfriend. I'm familiar with her home situation, where she's basically competing in sort of a low-rent Hunger Games, only with an ******* as the prize.)

He invited her home, and then to sleep over, and after their first woohoo he had to go to sleep while Bianca got up to mess around on his computer.
    Av32kc4.jpg

Wow maybe playing the superhero did embolden him lol. Most shy people wouldn't wish to go to a dive bar ha.

Lol how did I know he was going to hesitate and have second thoughts lol.

Wow way to man up Hugh. To not only go to the bar, but to walk in and talk to a hot woman to boot. You the man!

Lol hooking women without even trying Hugh? Good for you. It must be your sweet shy nature attracting them or is it your boiling beneath the surface animal magnetism?

Who knows whether things work out or not with Bianca maybe you could test the waters?, play the field?

Lol what a pick up line. You look like a nice vegetable medley. How about I wish you were on my plate right now lol.

Wow his first girlfriend after knowing her for 10 minutes. Like I said Hugh you the man! lol

I am loving Hugh. What a ladies man! I am rooting for you dear!

Great update.

edited May 2014
    dreamerz13 wrote:
    Back to Blakes household…

The maid returned…
    Screenshot-3427.jpg

Brooke didn’t stick around very long before running off to tell her dad (she gave the maid one heck of a dirty look too, sadly I missed getting a picture)

Blake wasted no time in finding the maid

“I thought I told you to stay away from here and my daughters. Get out. Now.”
    Screenshot-3429-1.jpg

The stupid creeper got all mad and refused to leave so Blake beat the crap out of him.
    Screenshot-3443.jpg

That got him to leave. He better stay away this time, next time he dies.

Cassie hasn’t been feeling so great.
    Screenshot-3455.jpg

“Please don’t be pregnant."
    Screenshot-3457.jpg
    Please do

Brooke has been learning piano
    Screenshot-3419.jpg

And Emma has been continuing to practice guitar.
    Screenshot-3459.jpg

They even had a jam session with their dad.
    Screenshot-3464.jpg
    That’s better Blake, I know you’re a good dad, I dunno why you were so cold to Emma before.

And Cassie was indeed pregnant!
    Screenshot-3470.jpg

Baby boy Logan was born a couple days later.

Blake missed the birth of his son because he was too busy spending time with Sheri and trying to impress her with flowers
    Screenshot-3482.jpg

and by serenading her with some lovely music
    Screenshot-3505.jpg

and then when his efforts proved successful he was too busy making out with her.
    Screenshot-3521.jpg

When he finally got home he didn't even stop to see his son he just climbed into bed and fell asleep next to Cassie. I'm actually amazed the both sleep in the kids beds, not their own, and it's never the same bed as each other (granted they're twin beds so they can't but still).
    Screenshot-3522.jpg

He did spend lots of time with his new son the next day though.
    Screenshot-3536.jpg
    Screenshot-3535.jpg

and just a better picture of that cute little face
    Screenshot-3524.jpg

And Brooke and Emma aged up

Brooke (she wasn't so fond of having her picture taken)
    Screenshot-3546.jpg

Emma
    Screenshot-3561.jpg

and while all this has been going on somebody has been watching very closely...
    Screenshot-3424.jpg
    Victoria.

And again I'll try to be back later with comments, maybe tomorrow even (probably tomorrow), I just haven't had the focus and level of comprehension required for them (like seriously, it's a good thing chrome spell checks or this post would be a huge mess. I don't think I can handle keeping everybody's stories straight). I actually feel worse and I think the fever is frying my brain. I can't even sleep 'cause I've just done that too much already, so playing my game is getting me through.

Edit: I can't even add the right pictures tonight. :x

and spell check doesn't find the right word for you... :oops:

Hey dreamerz "waves" Glad to see you back with another update.

Poor Blake has to be tortured with the maid again. Too bad you didn't get that pic. I would have loved to see it. At least the maid has good taste in women lol.

Good for Daddy protecting his daughter.

Ha ha ha you go daddy. Beat that 🐸🐸🐸🐸 up!

Ah a baby on the way. Congrats Cassie.

A musical family like the Partridge family, but waaaaay cooler lol.

My son has a cute puppy named Logan, and Logan is a cute name for a baby boy as well. Congrats.

Blake shame on you missing the birth of your son to flirt with another woman.

Blake when are you going to settle down.

Well better late than never. Still he should have been there when he was born not after.

Emma and Brooke are amazing. I think with her hair I prefer Emma over Brooke, but they both are very pretty.

Oh oh Victoria stalking is not a good thing. Let us hope she doesn't mess things up.

Oh poor dear sure hope you are better soon. Wish I could send you some elderberry as you would be well in no time. Ah well I will just say a prayer for you instead. That works too. :-)
  • trithonetrithone Posts: 1,406 Member
    edited May 2014
    screenshot_original.jpg

The redhead in the suit is Maite. She is my 9th generation sim on my first Legacy that will ever reach 10 gens. Today it almost didn't.

Maite has managed to have quite a life so far. She has a live-in boyfriend, Eddie, who is in the background with the plumbob over his head. He is sort of a layabout and a cheat. He furnished their first apartment entirely from various dumpsters because he just didn't want to get a job. Maite took him to the future to show him what things looked like for their descendants if he didn't start working harder. His reaction was to filter through lotto records. When they got home he managed to win 3,000,000 simoleons. Still, Maite was unhappy that he didn't work for the money.

They moved to Bridgeport recently so he could pursue his dream of starting a band. Maite thought once they got there he might get more motivated. Their first day in Bridgeport they got moved in. Maite went out and found a drummer for the band. Eddie stayed home. That night a theif came and stole their fancy futuristic telescope and their $1800 toilet. The next morning Maite went to her job as a Sports Agent. When she got home she discovered that Eddie had been loafing around the apartment all day rather than going out to promote the band. In disgust, she went back down to the lobby to read the paper and find out what the hot spots for the night were. Maybe she could get Eddie to go out and meet people.

As she sat on the bench reading and shadow appeared over her.

Now, as an aside, I have NEVER had a meteor shower in my game despite all the many many hours of game play I have done since Ambitions came out. I just had to see what was going to happen so I left her alone.

The giant meteor landed right on the bench she was sitting on and squished her flat. Eddie managed to get himself together enough to come downstairs and call the Fire Department since the sidewalk was in flames. Grim showed up (as you can see above). Thankfully I have handed down a death flower since gen 1 to each new heir. This is the first time I've had to use it. Didn't want to have my legacy come to a close, and would prefer not to have to reload and have my sim miss an awesome life experience, either. So, Maite shall continue on. I wonder if she'll ever get Eddie to do some work?
    a.k.a. Samantha (though Sam is just fine, too. Also, Simmantha, according to my husband.)

Thanks to a lot of amazing sim friends I have owned the store for a while now. If you'd like to help out a really good friend of mine who just started playing the game, here is his wishlist. Thanks!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top