Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Genetics Contest 3- offspring update pg. 13!

Jojo777Jojo777 Posts: 21,909 Member
Updates:
1. Update 1- Second Generation
2. Update 2- Second Generation

Statistics:
Generation Two-

Skin Tone-
Normal Skin Tone 1: 0
Normal Skin Tone 2: 0
Normal Skin Tone 3: 0
Pink Skin: 1
Grey Skin: 1
Red Skin: 2
Orange Skin: 0
Green Skin: 0

Supernatural Type-
Witch: 2
Vampire: 0
Werewolf: 1
Fairy: 1

Eye Color-
Grey: 2
Purple: 1
Green: 0
Dark Blue: 0
Light Blue: 0
Hazel: 1
Red: 0
Pink: 0

Hair Color-
Teal: 0
Purple: 0
Pink: 0
Dark Brown: 0
Light Brown: 0
Brown with Red Streaks: 0
Dark Blue: 1
Light Blue: 1
Blond: 0
Blond with Purple Streaks: 0
Orange-Red: 0
Dark Red: 0
Black: 0
Black with Blue Streaks: 0
Green: 0
Green with Pink Streaks: 0
Random Hair: 2

NOTE: There is only one spot left! To get that spot, all you have to do is post the already filled-out form with your name on it.

Hey guys!

This is my third time running the Genetics Contest, where your only task is to attempt to guess what the genetics of the final sim will be!

If you're curious about my previous contests, see:
Genetics Contest- http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/562631.page#9037932
Genetics Contest 2- http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/596748.page#9575074

I ask that even if you did this before, you read all the instructions- there are some changes this time around!

Also, a warning: I am pretty busy, so I'm not going to make any promises about how fast this contest will go. But you have no obligation to even follow the thread once you enter (though I hope you want to!) so I hope that won't be an issue for anyone. I won't take as long to finish the contest as I did the second one I hosted, and I'm aiming for 1-3 updates per week, but I just don't want anyone to be disappointed if this takes longer than expected.

How this will work:
1. I have created 16 sims, who you will see screenshots of in a post below.
2. I purposely made it so that I used 8 different skin tones, 8 different eye colors, and 16 different hair colors.
3. Additionally, this version of the contest is all about the supernaturals!! So each sim is also one of four kinds of supernaturals: a vampire, werewolf, fairy, or witch!
4. I will use an online randomizer to pair up my sims into 8 couples, and each couple will have one child.
5. Those 8 children will be aged up to YA and once again paired up into couples to have one child each.
6. This will continue until the end of the contest, when there will be one remaining descendant of all 16 sims.

I usually split the sim couples into two couples per house (the most I can fit in one house while leaving room for babies) and then I share updates on the thread that show what happened in each house during the pregnancies- I don't control the sims myself, but as you can see from the previous contests those houses can get pretty crazy!

Your job:

You may be wondering what your role in all this is. Well, your job is to try to guess which skin tone, eye color, and hair color will be present in the final sim which is descended from all 16 sims, as well (and this is special to this version of the contest) which supernatural the final sim will be!

As genetics are very random in this game, you don't really have much to go on when you choose. Maybe go with a hunch, the color you like the best, the supernatural you have the most fun with, something that has personal significance for you, or perhaps (if you're the last person to sign up) whatever is left over. Just remember to choose ONE eye color, ONE hair color, TWO skin tones, and ONE supernatural type when you sign up, as shown in the official form in this post. You pick two skin tones because unlike other genetics, skin tones don't skip generations. Once none of the remaining sims have it, there's no chance it could return. Since it works like that, and I have 8 possible skin tones that I want to use, I feel it's fair to let you guys pick two.

NOTE: If you really, really think a certain skin tone is going to win for some reason, you can take 2 spots for it instead of picking 2 different skin tones. Assuming at least 2 spots are left, that is. If your skin tone ends up winning, you would receive double the points (25 simpoints for guessing the skin tone right, 50 simpoints for having two spots in it and guessing it right). Check the prize chart for how much that increases if you guess other genetics correctly as well.

I'm aware that some skin tones/eye colors look very similar on certain sims, or don't look exactly the same on different supernaturals (notably vampires). I promise I can tell the difference in CAS.

The Form:

Please use the form below. Remember to look at the list of options and note how many spots are left before you pick. You can't pick an option that says (CLOSED) next to it!

Remember that you are picking two skin tones, so you must list two (or the same skin tone twice, if that's what you'd like). If you pick an option that closed off before I could update the thread, I'll ask you to pick something new. I suggest that you check back to make sure you got your choice/don't have to pick something new. If you're not sure/the option you're picking has very few spots left, you may want to put a second choice just in case (stating which is first choice and which is second choice).

Please use the exact name I gave the option, if you deviate from that I may have trouble understanding which option you want!

Username:

Skin Tone 1: Red Skin (only option left)

Skin Tone 2: Red Skin (only option left)

Eye Color: Pink (only option left)

Hair Color: Brown with Red Streaks (this is the only option left)

Supernatural Type: Werewolf (this is the only option left)

The Options:

Skin Tone-
Normal Skin Tone 1: CLOSED
Normal Skin Tone 2: CLOSED
Normal Skin Tone 3: CLOSED
Pink Skin: CLOSED
Grey Skin: CLOSED
Red Skin: CLOSED
Orange Skin: CLOSED
Green Skin: CLOSED

Supernatural Type-
Witch: CLOSED
Vampire: CLOSED
Werewolf: CLOSED
Fairy: CLOSED

Eye Color-
Grey: CLOSED
Purple: CLOSED
Green: CLOSED
Dark Blue: CLOSED
Light Blue: CLOSED
Hazel: CLOSED
Red: CLOSED
Pink: CLOSED

Hair Color-
Teal: CLOSED
Purple: CLOSED
Pink: CLOSED
Dark Brown: CLOSED
Light Brown: CLOSED
Brown with Red Streaks: CLOSED
Dark Blue: CLOSED
Light Blue: CLOSED
Blond: CLOSED
Blond with Purple Streaks: CLOSED
Orange-Red: CLOSED
Dark Red: CLOSED
Black: CLOSED
Black with Blue Streaks: CLOSED
Green: CLOSED
Green with Pink Streaks: CLOSED

Prizes:

There will be 8 winners from supernatural type, 8 winners from skin tone (potentially less if one or more people correctly guess the winning skin tone twice), 4 winners from eye color, and 2 winners from hair color.

If for some reason the final eye or hair color is a random one that wasn't any of the original choices (as sometimes happens in the genetics of this game) then there will be a lottery to choose the winners for that category.

If you correctly guess the supernatural type, you will win... 25 simpoints (8 winners)
If you correctly guess the skin tone, you will win... 25 simpoints (8 winners)
If you correctly guess the eye color, you will win... 50 simpoints (4 winners)
If you correctly guess the hair color, you will win... 100 simpoints (2 winners)

If you correctly guess skin tone twice, you will win... 50 simpoints (bonus 25 sp)
if you correctly guess skin tone and supernatural type, you will win... 75 simpoints (bonus 25 sp)
If you correctly guess skin tone and eye color, you will win... 100 simpoints (bonus 25 sp)
If you correctly guess supernatural type and eye color, you will win... 100 simpoints (bonus 25 sp)
If you correctly guess skin tone twice and supernatural type, you will win... 125 simpoints
If you correctly guess skin tone twice and eye color, you will win... 150 simpoints
If you correctly guess skin tone and hair color, you will win... 175 simpoints (bonus 50 sp)
If you correctly guess supernatural type and hair color, you will win... 175 simpoints (bonus 50 sp)
If you correctly guess skin tone, supernatural type, and eye color, you will win... 200 simpoints (bonus 100 sp)
If you correctly guess skin tone twice and hair color, you will win... 225 simpoints
If you correctly guess eye color and hair color, you will win... 225 simpoints (bonus 75 sp)
If you correctly guess skin tone twice, supernatural type, and eye color, you will win... 250 simpoints
If you correctly guess skin tone, supernatural type, and hair color, you will win... 250 (bonus 100 sp)
If you guess correctly in skin tone, eye color, and hair color, you will win... 300 simpoints (bonus 125 sp)
If you correctly guess supernatural type, eye color, and hair color, you will win... 300 simpoints (bonus 125 sp)
If you correctly guess skin tone twice, supernatural type, and hair color, you will win... 325
If you guess correctly in eye color and hair color and guess skin tone twice, you will win... 375 simpoints
If you guess correctly in all categories, you will win... 500 simpoints (bonus 300 sp)
If you guess correctly in all categories, and you guessed skin tone twice, you will win... 650 simpoints (and my complete amazement!)

That means the prize pool will be based on how many people win and how they win.

I know this is all a bit confusing, I promise I'll add it all up for you when winners are determined.

Questions?

If you have any questions, please let me know! :D

A Thank You:

I was rereading my very first genetics contest and realized that anettesb was actually the first to suggest doing this game with Supernaturals! That was back before I had Supernatural, so I couldn't do it then. I wasn't even thinking about that when I created the theme, but it's likely the idea was there because anette had suggested it so long ago, and she always has supported the use of pointed ears and supernatural characters!!!

So thank you SO MUCH, anette, for coming up with this idea and being so supportive throughout all of the genetics contests!! :)

Comments

• Jojo777Jojo777 Posts: 21,909 Member
    edited April 2014
    Participants:

Skin Tone-

Normal Skin Tone 1: Bookworm742, kransper, DangerDanger, ForeverFranconia, Ashleykaymay, Thelessy, potterphyle, Dayshatw

Normal Skin Tone 2: Aerlinniel, ForeverFranconia, chocbubbles, ciane, ciane, Majestyk, illusie, TEXASKITTYKAT

Normal Skin Tone 3: Aerlinniel, luvmyshanimal, Ashleykaymay, SH3RRYL33H33, aricarai, xxtwilight19xx, KATENESS, loobylou1985

Pink Skin: DangerDanger, SH3RRYL33H33, Anettesb, Thelessy, ladydarkmoon24, KATENESS, loobylou1985, Idontrcall

Grey Skin: MizoreYukii, chocbubbles, Brighty, KleineMuff, Majestyk, xxtwilight19xx, angeliii82, TEXASKITTYKAT

Red Skin: MizoreYukii, KleineMuff, ladydarkmoon24, tanubanue, Idontrcall, Aunza, Rockleyfamily, Aunza

Orange Skin: luvmyshanimal, TheKrazy_KimSim, TheKrazy_KimSim, aricarai, AuNaturael, tanubanue, potterphyle, Dayshatw

Green Skin: Bookworm742, kransper, Brighty, Anettesb, AuNaturael, illusie, angeliii82, Rockleyfamily

Supernatural Type-

Witch: DangerDanger, SH3RRYL33H33, Anettesb, KleineMuff, ciane, Thelessy, xxtwilight19xx, illusie

Vampire: ForeverFranconia, luvmyshanimal, Ashleykaymay, TheKrazy_KimSim, tanubanue, Idontrcall, TEXASKITTYKAT, potterphyle

Werewolf: kransper, AuNaturael, Majestyk, KATENESS, angeliii82, Dayshatw, Aunza, Rockleyfamily

Fairy: Aerlinniel, Bookworm742, MizoreYukii, chocbubbles, Brighty, aricarai, ladydarkmoon24, loobylou1985

Eye Color-

Grey: ciane, Thelessy, potterphyle, Dayshatw

Purple: Bookworm742, luvmyshanimal, Brighty, KATENESS

Green: chocbubbles, illusie, angeliii82, loobylou1985

Dark Blue: Aerlinniel, MizoreYukii, xxtwilight19xx, TEXASKITTYKAT

Light Blue: kransper, aricarai, Anettesb, KleineMuff

Hazel: SH3RRYL33H33, ladydarkmoon24, AuNaturael, Majestyk

Red: DangerDanger, ForeverFranconia, tanubanue, Aunza

Pink: Ashleykaymay, TheKrazy_KimSim, Idontrcall, Rockleyfamily

Hair Color-

Teal: Majestyk, xxtwilight19xx

Purple: MizoreYukii, Thelessy

Pink: ForeverFranconia, loobylou1985

Dark Brown: DangerDanger, aricarai

Light Brown: AuNaturael, KATENESS

Brown with Red Streaks: Aunza, Rockleyfamily

Dark Blue: Ashleykaymay, Brighty

Light Blue: TheKrazy_KimSim, illusie

Blond: ciane, potterphyle

Blond with Purple Streaks: kransper, KleineMuff

Orange-Red: Anettesb, tanubanue

Dark Red: chocbubbles, ladydarkmoon24

Black: Aerlinniel, luvmyshanimal

Black with Blue Streaks: Bookworm742, SH3RRYL33H33

Green: angeliii82, Idontrcall

Green with Pink Streaks: TEXASKITTYKAT, Dayshatw
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    edited April 2014
    The Original 16 First Generation Sims

Note: Some sims may not look like their eyes/skin are the color I say they are. I promise you, I checked and double checked this. Based on skin tone, make up, and supernatural type, it can sometimes be hard to tell what their actual eye color is, so trust what I wrote down :)

The Pairs:

Alexandria: Werewolf, Red Skin, Grey Eyes, Orange-Red Hair

0e54aeb3-2429-478f-9eb0-a4dab2fa6e13_zpse5cc497c.jpg"width=500"

+

Aiden: Vampire, Pink Skin, Light Blue Eyes, Light Blue Hair

644c6aa7-0129-4723-845c-f280d6c51354_zps46a3c297.jpg"width=500"

Liana: Fairy, Pink Skin, Purple Eyes, Purple Hair

2018401a-ce88-4fc6-b842-c53ea8225bc8_zpsd9fd037e.jpg"width=500"

+

Irlen: Fairy, Grey Skin, Dark Blue Eyes, Black Hair with Blue Streaks

4901123a-5b21-40e1-8395-8159b74ade0b_zps6c77eca3.jpg"width=500"

Butterfly: Witch, Normal Skin Tone 1, Hazel Eyes, Blond Hair

4962e7a1-035e-4f9c-babd-cb025555e563_zpsf8c1e1e8.jpg"width=500"

+

Isaac: Fairy, Red Skin, Red Eyes, Dark Red Hair

2461f8fa-72ad-4c43-b563-6a990c083f12_zps46178fda.jpg"width=500"

Dairine: Witch, Grey Skin, Light Blue Eyes, Dark Blue Hair

5c502f72-2f64-43cb-984e-41bfdd20dcaf_zps47f8727b.jpg"width=500"

+

Guy (the final offspring from the last genetics contest- with the addition of the Supernatural type): Witch, Normal Skin Tone 3, Grey Eyes, Teal Hair

b2fb7980-cc4a-4449-8207-6f72ad1bfd27_zpsd7286992.jpg"width=500"

Willa: Vampire, Normal Skin Tone 3, Green Eyes, Pink Hair

b60426ef-fef0-4ad3-abf6-4c4d3d04488c_zpse94cae7d.jpg"width=500"

+

Arnold: Witch, Normal Skin Tone 2, Pink Eyes, Green Hair with Pink Streaks

e5d3d06f-310c-4992-b86e-60d88bcea473_zps037b6212.jpg"width=500"

Alecia: Vampire, Orange Skin, Red Eyes, Black Hair

ceb90e2b-1bb1-4aed-bba5-f9c3083298a2_zps7ed0f944.jpg"width=500"

+

Tristan: Werewolf, Orange Skin, Hazel Eyes, Light Brown Hair

4821c6a6-02e8-49fd-93f2-4834640147c5_zpsd593d49a.jpg"width=500"

Ania: Werewolf, Normal Skin Tone 2, Dark Blue Eyes, Brown Hair with Red Streaks

39b6f017-cb3c-48cc-b959-a1c717ffdc54_zps158ae44f.jpg"width=500"

+

Finn: Vampire, Green Skin, Purple Eyes, Blond Hair with Purple Streaks

53526c91-4895-4e0b-b92c-d41ffdb70140_zps2e61c803.jpg"width=500"

Minette: Fairy, Green Skin, Pink Eyes, Green Hair

b285b36c-f337-4899-8b27-88035afb5149_zps4a7a37d9.jpg"width=500"

+

Branchus: Werewolf, Normal Skin Tone 1, Green Eyes, Dark Brown Hair

2a9f1625-08d1-4089-9028-8546196249e9_zps18e58813.jpg"width=500"
    edited June 2014
    Second Generation Sims

Fury:
    29bc8721-a2da-40cd-b03b-7c7fa9226bc1_zpsb2de788b.jpg"width=500"
    Genetics: Werewolf, Red Skin, Grey Eyes, Light Blue Hair
    Parents: Alexandria (Werewolf) and Aiden (Vampire)

Oberon:
    f9931786-df26-4158-a3ae-5e9185f558b6_zpsb70496ea.jpg"width=500"
    Genetics: Fairy, Pink Skin, Purple Eyes, Random Hair Color
    Parents: Liana (Fairy) and Irlen (Fairy)

Merlin:
    ecc06d35-d071-4b33-a3d1-0a4b97be7568_zps2e125a0d.jpg"width=500"
    Genetics: Witch, Grey Skin, Grey Eyes, Dark Blue Hair
    Parents: Dairine (Witch) and Guy (Witch)

Nicolai:
    ff5c05e9-ec2c-4e44-baa5-281c51490e16_zps56e14851.jpg"width=500"
    Genetics: Witch, Red Skin, Hazel Eyes, Random Hair Color
    Parents: Butterfly (Witch) and Isaac (Fairy)
    edited April 2014
    Third Generation Sims

TBA
    edited April 2014
    Fourth Generation Sims

TBA
    edited April 2014
    The Final, Fifth Generation Sim

TBA
    edited April 2014
    Okay, you may post now- start claiming those spots :)
  • AerlinnielAerlinniel Posts: 1,041 Member
    edited April 2014
    This sounds interesting! Knowing how random the genetics are though... I think I'm going to take a random guess! Can I enter with:

Username: Aerlinniel

Skin Tone: Normal Skin Tone 3/Normal Skin Tone 2

Eye Color: Dark Blue

Hair Color: Black

Supernatural Type: Fairy

Editing in a second skin tone as I forgot (little brain fried from exams) to pick two.
  • Bookworm742Bookworm742 Posts: 4,068 Member
    edited April 2014
    Username: Bookworm742

Skin Tone 1: Normal Skin Tone 1

Skin Tone 2: Green Skin

Eye Color: Purple (hey, it's my favorite color! :lol: )

Hair Color: Black with Blue Streaks

...did I do that right?
    edited April 2014
    Aerlinniel wrote:
    This sounds interesting! Knowing how random the genetics are though... I think I'm going to take a random guess! Can I enter with:

Username: Aerlinniel

Skin Tone: Normal Skin Tone 3

Eye Color: Dark Blue

Sure, of course you can! You need to pick one more skin tone though- I'm sorry if that's a bit confusing, you pick one of everything else and then two skin tones (or the same skin tone twice if you want to hedge all your bets on the one).
  • kransperkransper Posts: 5,482 Member
    edited April 2014
    I want to play, but can we gift winnings?
  • ForeverFranconiaForeverFranconia Posts: 2,154 Member
    edited April 2014
    D-did you make all those sims yourself?
    edited April 2014
    kransper wrote:
    I want to play, but can we gift winnings?

Of course you can! When the game ends I give the winners some time to pick who they want to gift/what they want from their wishlist :)
    edited April 2014
    D-did you make all those sims yourself?

Haha, yes! But not today! They're all sims I've created before, and most of them have been in my studio for some time. But I did modify most of them heavily for the purpose of having different colors, and most of them weren't supernaturals before either :)
    edited April 2014
    yay :D

Username: kransper

Skin Tone: Green Skin / Normal Skin Tone 1

Eye Color: Light Blue Eyes

Hair Color: Blond Hair with Purple Streaks

Supernatural Type: Werewolf

Okay, I hope I didn't screw that up, but it sounds simple enough.
  • DangerDangerDangerDanger Posts: 5,327 Member
    edited April 2014
    Username: DangerDanger

Skin Tone: normal 1, pink

Eye Color: red

Hair Color: dark brown

Supernatural Type: witch

You make such pretty sims, Jojo! Alecia should be your avatar, she's friggin gorgeous! :D

Also, yes, I am going to work on my bachelorette date this week. :)
    Hi. I'm Danger. I like spaceships, Pringles, and cats. I dislike fruits and vegetables, sunlight, and the motion picture Titanic. I do not own a sword, nor do I know how to draw unicorns. As you can see, I don't have much to offer the world.
    edited April 2014
    is an idiot, I forgot to check the lists... let me know what I messed up?

editing because upon rereading there are multiple spots... :oops:
  • AerlinnielAerlinniel Posts: 1,041 Member
    edited April 2014
    Jojo - I was rereading the rules/instructions and spotted that so I edited in a second skin tone. Is that alright?
  • Bookworm742Bookworm742 Posts: 4,068 Member
    edited April 2014

You make such pretty sims, Jojo! Alecia should be your avatar, she's friggin gorgeous! :D

Yes, yes she is. This might or might not be one I have now stolen... :lol:
  • ForeverFranconiaForeverFranconia Posts: 2,154 Member
    edited April 2014
    Wow...no wonder you got featured twice...

Um...anyway about the entry thing.

Username: ForeverFranconia

Skin Tone: Normal tone, 1 and 2

Eye Color: Red

Hair Color: Pink

Supernatural Type: Vampire

I'm not sure I did this right, but please let me know if something is wrong.

Now if you excuse me, I have a dire need to go back in CAS...
  • luvmyshanimalluvmyshanimal Posts: 22 Member
    edited April 2014
    Username: luvmyshanimal

Skin Tone 1: Normal skin tone 3

Skin Tone 2: Orange Skin

Eye Color: Purple

3D6A099995E44BCAAA2B9E74F1C33CC1_zps9e3ae2f7.png
    edited April 2014
    @kransper: yes, you're all good!! :)

@Aerlinniel: No worries, I saw that!

@Danger: Thank you!! I am looking to change my avi, and Alecia's one of my favorites, so it may be the non-vamp version of her :)
  • luvmyshanimalluvmyshanimal Posts: 22 Member
    edited April 2014
    Thanks for doing this fun contest JoJo! Let me know if I need to fix anything
    3D6A099995E44BCAAA2B9E74F1C33CC1_zps9e3ae2f7.png
    edited April 2014
    You all did everything fine!! :)

Also, we have our first hair with no more spots left, black hair!
  • AshleykaymayAshleykaymay Posts: 1,524 Member
    edited April 2014
    Username: Ashleykaymay

Skin Tone: Normal Skin Tone 3, Normal Skin Tone 1

Eye Color: Pink

Hair Color: Dark Blue

I love these contests!