Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A Mac User's Best Friend!/PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING ANY NEW PROBLEM THREADS!!!!!!

Comments

• caspinwallcaspinwall Posts: 916 Member
    Remaining logged in as the poster in your linked thread has suggested caspinwall does work for me. I'm on an old iMac running latest patch and most EPs and have no issues now that I am permanently logged in.

Great news to hear that this works - thank you for testing and reporting back!

GeneralSig_SF_03.png
  • Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    *Bumping back to the first page*
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • figureitout01figureitout01 Posts: 188 Member
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▐
    ░░░░░░▄▄▄░░▄██▄
    ░░░░░▐▀█▀▌░░░░▀█▄
    ░░░░░▐█▄█▌░░░░░░▀█▄
    ░░░░░░▀▄▀░░░▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
    ░░░░▄▄▄██▀▀▀▀
    ░░░█▀▄▄▄█░▀▀
    ░░░▌░▄▄▄▐▌▀▀▀
    ▄░▐░░░▄▄░█░▀▀ U HAVE BEEN SPOOKED BY THE
    ▀█▌░░░▄░▀█▀░▀
    ░░░░░░░▄▄▐▌▄▄
    ░░░░░░░▀███▀█░▄
    ░░░░░░▐▌▀▄▀▄▀▐▄SPOOKY SKILENTON
    ░░░░░░▐▀░░░░░░▐▌
    ░░░░░░█░░░░░░░░█
    ░░░░░▐▌░░░░░░░░░█
    ░░░░░█░░░░░░░░░░▐▌TEH SPOOKY SKILENTON IS USING ITS BUMPING POWRS TO BUMP TIS FORUM
    2SPOOKY4MLG GRAB TAT JOINT, SOME DORITOES AND MOUNTAIN DEWE SO WE CAN GET THIS 420 QUICKSCOPING PARTY GOING. HOPE U HAD A MERRY NOSCOPING CHRISTMAS. MAYBE SOON WE CAN GET TEH GURUS 2 STICKY DIS HERE QUICKSCOPING, DOOBIE SMOKING, MOUNTAIN DEW DRINKING, DORITOE EATING, COD PLAYING, [Insert MLG phrase here], MONTAGE PARODYING THREAD OUT THERE. LETS ALSO GET THE MIGHTY GABEN TO OPEN UP A STEAM SALE (ARE U READY 4 A MIRACLE?) AND MAYBE WE CAN GET MORGAN MLGMAN 2 BUMP TIS THREAD. GET OUT DERE AND 🐸🐸🐸🐸 WITH YO HOMIES IN SUNSET NOSCOPING VALLEY!

In short I'm bumping this thread.
  • figureitout01figureitout01 Posts: 188 Member
    ░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄
    ░░░░░░░░▀▀▀██████▄▄▄
    ░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄░░█████████▄
    ░░░░░▀▀▀▀█████▌░▀▐▄░▀▐█
    ░░░▀▀█████▄▄░▀██████▄██
    ░░░▀▄▄▄▄▄░░▀▀█▄▀█════█▀
    ░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▄░░▀▀███░▀░░░░░░▄▄
    ░░░░░▄███▀▀██▄████████▄░▄▀▀▀██▌
    ░░░██▀▄▄▄██▀▄███▀░▀▀████░░░░░▀█▄
    ▄▀▀▀▄██▄▀▀▌████▒▒▒▒▒▒███░░░░▌▄▄▀
    ▌░░░░▐▀████▐███▒▒▒▒▒▐██▌
    ▀▄░░▄▀░░░▀▀████▒▒▒▒▄██▀
    ░░▀▀░░░░░░▀▀█████████▀
    ░░░░░░░░▄▄██▀██████▀█
    ░░░░░░▄██▀░░░░░▀▀▀░░█
    ░░░░░▄█░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐▌
    ░▄▄▄▄█▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀█▄▄▄▄▀▀▄
    ▌░░░░░▐░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▄▄▄▀
    ░▀▀▄▄▀

U HAVE JUST BEEN FASTED

In short I'm bumping this again for no reason (my discussion just bumped it out of place)
    *Back to the top*
    Bump
    GeneralSig_SF_03.png
    Again to Bump to the top.
    Bump. I'm sure no moderator ever reads this forum but if they do, please sticky this thread. It helps loads of Mac users and is always being pushed down the page by new threads started by people who don't like reading.

GeneralSig_SF_03.png
  • BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    Bumping back to the first page.
    apple-signature.png
    *Bumping back to the first page*
    *Bumping back to the top to keep near the top*
  • blunote00blunote00 Posts: 18,476 Member
    *Bumping back to the top to keep near the top*
    Still trying to see if this can be stickied. ;)

Will occasionally provide tech support on this forum or over on Answer HQ. ▬ At my age, competence is a turn on! (©¿©)
    DO NOT - PM me tech ?s/issues. ▬ DO create a thread in it's respective Technical Forum. Vacation goes by way too fast!
    US Links ► (TS3), Help for all things Sims (Answer HQ).
    Thank you @blunote00 :smile:
    apple-signature.png
    bumping :)
    apple-signature.png
    *Again bumping*
    STICKIED!!!!!!!!
    apple-signature.png
    Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay! About time too. :)
    GeneralSig_SF_03.png
  • ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    good news indeed!
    This really is the thread to read when playing TS3 on your Mac. So many helpful tips and tricks on the 1st page. 99% of your problems will be solved when reading one of the four threads found on the front page.
  • puppypantzpuppypantz Posts: 1 New Member
    im still having trouble getting past the launcher, its not even coming up. :neutral:
    Check BlueBellFlora's guide link. She has all kinds of tips on her blog.
  • Heppner18Heppner18 Posts: 2 New Member
    recently got a new MacBook Pro and had my old hard drive transferred to this new MacBook. Something must have gone wrong with my Sims 3 during the transfer because now it doesn't open. All of the files still seem to be intact as far as I know. I installed origin again and altered some files to skip the launcher just in case that was the problem but both of these things didn't help. I also went into the Sims 3 app and removed the folder from inside, after which I tried again to start the app to see if there were files within that were corrupting the game but it still didn't launch after this either so the problem must be broader. When I click the app it shows up in the dock and bounces for a few seconds before disappearing. Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    Try a Vanilla Game. The worst you may have to do is to re add any CC you use and your saved games. Instructions are found on the first page under BlueBellFlora's guide.
  • shanita080shanita080 Posts: 21 New Member
    Hi all,

I've posted on a few other posts, but maybe someone from this post can help me. I also have a new Macbook Pro and have had all kinds of issues trying to get my game to open. So far it only opened 1 time, and hasn't since.

I have read through all the posts that I've found on here and tried all sorts of things but nothing is working. Ive tried: deleting and reinstalling (numerous times), opening under a new computer user, clearing RAM, super patch, bypassing launcher, editing permissions, only downloading base game (no extensions or cc), and edited "GraphicsCards.sgr" and "GraphicsRules.sgr". I could be missing a few. :p

My computer info is as follows:
    Macbook Pro Retina (13 in, early 2015)
    Processor: 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5
    Memory: 8 GB 1867 MHz DDR3
    Graphics: Intel Iris Graphics 6100 1536 MB

Currently the main issue I have is that when I open the launcher and press play it "unexpectedly quits" and I get an error. The blue box behind it with the sims 3 icon stays on (forever) until I force quit. If I try and bypass the launcher that blue box just does the same thing with no launcher. I understand that some Iris people have trouble with graphics, and I posted in that thread as well, but I can't get in to my game to change graphics anyway :/

Ive talked to so many people at EA, and they've tried to be helpful but nothing has worked. Im really at a loss. I understand that the new macs aren't configured to play sims games properly, but others are playing with them (as per my sisters identical computer) so hopefully I can find some sort of fix so I can play my 10+ games. :( Any help would be amazing and Id be so grateful.

Shannon
    Try bypassing the Launcher. I do and the game starts right up.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top