Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A Mac User's Best Friend!/PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING ANY NEW PROBLEM THREADS!!!!!!

Comments

• Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    Back to the front page for easy viewing.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
    Since this isn't like the old forums, please go to the first post on the first page in this thread for the three help threads. Most of the rest of this thread is clarification questions or thank yous. :)
    *back to the top of the page to keep this somewhere on the front page*
    *to the top of the page*
  • ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    friendly bump
    *top of the page bump*
  • xPrincessBbgxxPrincessBbgx Posts: 3 New Member
    Okay, I read the first page and the link provided about getting stuck installing sims 3 with either the 3 out of 237 files loaded, or the 205 out of 237 files loaded isn't working.. I've had this problem for a few months and I've been trying to look it up but what I've found isn't working.. I really need help.! I realize you're probably super busy but when you find the time, can you please help me out? /.\ Thanks a bunch!
  • BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    @xPrincessBbgx - What have you tried?
    apple-signature.png
    *bumping back to the top*
  • maadgeeemaadgeee Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello I need help installing this on my Macbook. I have Lion running on my computer right now. Processor 2.1 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, Memory 3GB. I need to know what programs to install!! thanks so much for whoever can answer this question so I can start playing !! (:
    You need to install the Base game first. Download the Super Patch (found in another thread at the top of this forum) and make sure your game is up to date. Next install each EP and SP you have in release order (found at the bottom of the launcher by icons). Install each EP, start the game and make sure it runs. If it does, then you're good to install the next one and so on. You should take a moment and read over the three threads listed on the first page of this one thread. It has many handy tips and tricks to keep your game running smoothly.
    Friendly reminder to read the threads listed on the first page of this thread. These are tips and tricks for Sims 3 as Sims 4 has yet to be ported to the Mac OS, but will be sometime in the future.
    A small bump to keep this thread near the top of the forums.
    Just updated my help thread with a link to tmethei's solution/workaround for those with the Intel Iris graphics cards -

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/12940146/#Comment_12940146
    apple-signature.png
    Bumping again because people are starting threads which have already been addressed here :neutral_face:
    apple-signature.png
  • ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    happy thanksgiving!
  • Dexter_XBADexter_XBA Posts: 18 Member
    Does someone have a solution to this problem?
    The higher I set the resolution of the game the smaller the menus/fonts get :(. If I play in 1920x1080 or 2560x1440 it's large enough but when I play in 5120x2880 the menu is very very small. I'd prefer to play in 5120x2880 because the game looks blurry in the other resolutions. Is it possible to change the size of the menus regardless of the screen resolution?

Here is a screenshot of the problem:
    www11.pic-upload.de/28.11.14/hrz35lko5lck.png

Thanks!
    You can't change the size of the menus. It's because the game doesn't support the 5k resolution. You'll have to just play in windowed mode at a lower res.
    apple-signature.png
  • LeelooLeeloo Posts: 130 Member
    This is so great! Thank you for making it!
    ceejay402 wrote: »
    happy thanksgiving!

I'm in the UK so it's a non event for us but hope you had a great one @ceejay402! Thank you for stopping by :D:D

apple-signature.png
    Please people, READ the help threads. Stop being lazy and expecting people to spoon feed you.
    apple-signature.png
    *Bump* To move back to the top. Handy thread for all your Simming needs.
  • caspinwallcaspinwall Posts: 916 Member
    Hello!

Someone posted at Answer HQ with a possible solution for all those Mac simmers who wish they could log in to the launcher but find that it crashes. Here's the link in case anyone wants to give it a go:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/MAC-Every-time-I-try-to-log-into-Sims-3-store-the-Launcher/m-p/2626362#U2626362

I'll test it myself some time but usually I bypass the launcher (and even when I don't bypass it I don't normally log in) but if anyone else wants to give it a go it might be a solution for this long-term annoyance.

Caspin
    GeneralSig_SF_03.png
  • Curlycoat26Curlycoat26 Posts: 3 New Member
    Remaining logged in as the poster in your linked thread has suggested caspinwall does work for me. I'm on an old iMac running latest patch and most EPs and have no issues now that I am permanently logged in.
    *Bumping to the top again to keep it near the top*

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top