Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A Mac User's Best Friend!/PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING ANY NEW PROBLEM THREADS!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    edited August 2014
    Bumping this back to the front page as the forums will be read only tomorrow and want to make sure this is still on the first page.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    *bump*
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Back up to the top!
  • Options
    BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    Getting this to the top :)
    apple-signature.png
  • Options
    Woot!
  • Options
    *needed to edit to repost the forums links since the directories have changed*
  • Options
    cookiesrock22cookiesrock22 Posts: 10 New Member
    sometimes i hate my mac ;-;
  • Options
    queueingqueueing Posts: 46 Member
    edited August 2014
    I'd add the link for my tutorial that I posted in the other thread buuuut apparently I haven't been around long enough anymore. Classy way to run a forum, EA.

It's in the "latest mac help threads" though, last page. I hope it helps :)
    5ufzfo_zps43da0054.png
    visit my blog @ tencentsims.tumblr.com !
  • Options
    figureitout01figureitout01 Posts: 188 Member
    So I thought I might post my problem in here and maybe it'll bump up your thread. Just so you know none of your guides of helped in any way and I've had to go along find answers for myself even after going through them.
  • Options
    > @Tremayne4260 said:
    > I mean really do I have to label this in large fonts with big red letter and neon signs? Seriously, these three threads can help you solve any problem with your game.
    They've never helped any of my problems
  • Options
    > @Tremayne4260 said:
    > I'm guessing that people cannot read, so I'll bump this to the top again. Seriously, these are the three best threads in this forum and if you follow the advice you will run a basically trouble free game.
    Your "solutions" have only broke my game or had no effect
  • Options
    @figureitout01 Sometimes you can't help people unless they help themselves. In the threads we have linked to are posts about the disc authorisation error you have encountered, together with the suggestion that I gave you about installing Origin. There are also linked threads about your downloaded content problems. Your problems are nothing new and have been asked hundreds of times on here and all over the web on Sims forums and EA's Answer HQ. All you have to do is spend some time searching yourself, rather than expect everyone to jump to your attention. Has it ever occurred to you that actually there are no fixes for some problems?

And in what way did our "solutions" break your game? I'm intrigued because none of the suggestions in any of the three linked threads are capable of breaking your game.
    apple-signature.png
  • Options
    Your "solutions" have only broke my game or had no effect

I read many forums including this one especially BlueBellFlora's thread before I ever installed Sims 3 on my Mac. I researched common problems to Troubleshoot before I ever played the game. Of course I didn't start playing Sims 3 until last year. There isn't a simple one step solution to solve the multiple problems that plague this version of the Sims. Many of these problems are common in both the Windows and Mac versions of the game. And yes, some of the solutions for the Windows users will work on the Mac.

I put together this thread to help Mac Users and to put the main problem solutions in one place. I've used many of the tips and tricks found here and I run a trouble free game. The Tech Help Windows users even point to this thread when they get questions from Mac users. If none of the solutions work for you, then I wish you luck finding one that does.

• Options
    Aussie_SimmerAussie_Simmer Posts: 2,623 Member
    Hi Mac Users!

I have recently purchased a MacBook Air 13' 128 GB model last week. I originally pre-ordered the Sims 4 before hand as I had a PC. I knew that you could play Sims 4 via bootcamp and other software but many origin advisors were saying that I should cancel my pre-order.

I do have a question....

If I were to pre-order Sims 4 for PC.... is it likely that once a mac version is released that the game itself in my account will be able to play both PC and MAC?

What do you guys think?

Please help! :)
    Aussie_Simmer
  • Options
    Bumping to the top again
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    howdy! @Tremayne4260 and @BluebellFlora just a thought as i get ready for the first release of the game, if a mac user does buy the game and tries to install it do you see any issue outside of the obvious, not being able to install.
  • Options
    ceejay402 wrote: »
    howdy! @Tremayne4260 and @BluebellFlora just a thought as i get ready for the first release of the game, if a mac user does buy the game and tries to install it do you see any issue outside of the obvious, not being able to install.

Hey @ceejay402 :) not unless their VM or Boot Camp installations need updating.

apple-signature.png
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member

ok thanks!! im setting up a help thread in 4 tech today can i post this link for such issues :)
  • Options
    Absolutely :)
    apple-signature.png
  • Options
    chewycchewyc Posts: 4 New Member
    Hi,

I'm running the game via bootcamp on a 21.5 inch iMac, but it's impossible to play because the background (ie where the sims are in live mode) is super blurred. The foreground where the emotions, needs bar etc are, is crystal clear though. Same for notifications.

Summarised specs:
    2.7GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5
    4GB 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM - 2x2GB
    1TB Serial ATA Drive
    AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512MB GDDR5

I'm playing on "high" graphics. I did try switching it to ultra and medium, as well as from full screen to windowed, but no luck.

Please help!
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    Ok people, because you are too lazy to read these three threads which can really help you keep your game running smoothly, I'm resorting to large fonts and bolding to state this. Read the three threads included on the first page. They will help you solve most any problem in your game. If you honestly try and nothing works and you tell us what you tried to do, we will answer you and help you out. But when we see the same thread resurrected from like two years ago or a new post with a problem that already has been solved a million times before we get irritated. So if this seems like I am upset and irritated, I AM!

On the old Sims 2 Mac section, no acted like entitled little brats too dang lazy to read the threads to find solutions to their problems. So grow up and read these threads BEFORE posting. Thank you.

What 3 threads where
  • Options
    @catmando830 - have you read the opening post?
    apple-signature.png
  • Options

ok thanks!! im setting up a help thread in 4 tech today can i post this link for such issues :)

Make sure they update their Service Packs and DivX drivers to the latest versions same as the Sims 4 Demo.

• Options
    Aussie_SimmerAussie_Simmer Posts: 2,623 Member
    If they're making the game run on low end computers... and when it comes out for mac... there's no reason why it can't be adjusted for macbook airs.
    Aussie_Simmer

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top