Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Now & Then Century Manor is Live!

Comments

• Tiki5872Tiki5872 Posts: 3,115 Member
    edited April 2014
    Hint #3: What keeps people out while drawing them in? The Forgotten Ironwork Fence is one of the most beautifully intricate fences we’ve ever done. Imagine it wrapping around your mansion or as the entrance to your secret garden.

iron%2520fence.jpg

WWWWOOOOOOOWWWWWW!!!!! :shock: :shock:

This fence is so completely awesome! The detail looks incredible!! :shock: :shock:
    NewBanner.jpg
    Origin ID: Tiki5872
  • CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited April 2014
    The fence is my fave part so far :-o I love it and the detailing of the iron is just amazing.The steps are great and all but the fence is pure awesomeness and goes great with existing things like the grimmy set and also is great for gardens.Almost points to you guys putting out recolorable stained glass windows because iron works and elaborate stained glass = hand in hand. :mrgreen: Amazing job on the fence makes me want to MOO some wisteria vines onto it.
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    edited April 2014
    That fence is stunning. :shock: Absolutely gorgeous. How can EA expect us to trade these graphics in for Sims 4's blocky, plastic ones? I know they're 'charming' but they'll never give us masterpieces like this. #stillbitter

*walks away grumbling* ;)

• KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    edited April 2014
    Are there columns to go with that fence? I'd love to be able to put a regular roof over it sometimes.
  • kateoverendkateoverend Posts: 7,985 Member
    edited April 2014
    Nik24X7 wrote:
    This ironwork has me wondering now whether we'll soon see a New Orleans-themed world in the EA Store. :P

*Waves to Kate*
    Hello Nik :) *hugs* and *waves back*
    How awesome would that be?! :mrgreen: I would love a French Quarter world :D

A NOLA courtyard... *sigh* :)

6a2a415fe41868939c3dedfb8f1175d4.jpg
    rnKEhBT.png
  • DianeTaylorDianeTaylor Posts: 701 Member
    edited April 2014
    Nik24X7 wrote:
    This ironwork has me wondering now whether we'll soon see a New Orleans-themed world in the EA Store. :P

*Waves to Kate*

Exactly what I thought!!!!

I would love a New Orleans type world!
    One things for certain. This set is looking to have some beautiful content.
  • SimpLyAngeLicSimpLyAngeLic Posts: 153 Member
    edited April 2014
    I can has this right now? Pretty please ;D
  • GrandmothergamerGrandmothergamer Posts: 1,042 Member
    edited April 2014
    Nik24X7 wrote:

*Waves to Kate*
    :thumbup:

My thoughts zigacktly.

Been my dream world since I first saw Twinbrook. Yep, way back before I knew about this site and the store.
    Once I found the store, bought Old Town and the Jazz Age sets, I edited that world.
    :cry: Lost it, and now with the broken world editor we can't do that anymore, so we are at Mr Copeland and his team's mercy, and have to hope they will make our dreams come true.

ETA
    :oops: I clean forgot to tell Mr Copeland and his team how fantabulous the new fence is!

I am soooo sorry.

You Mr Copeland are awesome, so is your team. :mrgreen: Thank you so much for this.
  • stamperJanestamperJane Posts: 37 Member
    edited April 2014
    I'd love some gates that actually match the fences... plus maybe curved walls. :)
  • tsbtsb45tsbtsb45 Posts: 543 Member
    edited April 2014
    Loving the new items but still no mention of any new PC items
  • CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited April 2014
    They're so beautiful!!!

I'm in sim heaven right now!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

It looks like there is a fence and a separate arch piece? Is the arch a gate?

What would be extra extra extra great (and I know I ask a lot) if we could get a décor piece of the top part that sims can route under. I'm just thinking that if I wanted to put this on the edge of a platform, that I wouldn't be able to place the stairs because the arch/gate would block it.

(Warning... you're about to experience my awesome pint skills)

So just a décor top bit would be perfect!

rail.jpg

Thank youuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!
  • saint_gambisaint_gambi Posts: 286 Member
    edited April 2014
    This set is really looking spectacular. My birthday is in May, too! Can't wait!
  • Bily_jednorozecBily_jednorozec Posts: 1,574 Member
    edited April 2014
    Hint #3: What keeps people out while drawing them in? The Forgotten Ironwork Fence is one of the most beautifully intricate fences we’ve ever done. Imagine it wrapping around your mansion or as the entrance to your secret garden.

iron%2520fence.jpg

Stay tuned and chat away!
    That fence is stunning. :shock: Absolutely gorgeous. How can EA expect us to trade these graphics in for Sims 4's blocky, plastic ones? I know they're 'charming' but they'll never give us masterpieces like this. #stillbitter *walks away grumbling* ;)
    They're so beautiful!!!
    What would be extra extra extra great (and I know I ask a lot) if we could get a décor piece of the top part that sims can route under. I'm just thinking that if I wanted to put this on the edge of a platform, that I wouldn't be able to place the stairs because the arch/gate would block it.
    Sorry for longest quote, but I agree SO MUCH with those comments. I don't remember to be so much excited about Sims 3 set for my whole Sims 3 addiction-time (purchased all buyable items in TS3 Store).
    Yes, I'm missing too this versatile decor - top-part porch-fence-like where sim can route under - so missed in chinese buildings too.
    There is one included in this ChiSims set, but I'm searching to avoid CC:
    image.jpg
    Just howling: Thank yououou :mrgreen: :oops:
    "My Studio" on thesims3.com "My Blog" on thesims3.com
    Sorry for editing my comments frequently, in most cases I'm doing this due language issues (english isn't my native language, but I'm using english, because most used by people, with who I want to communicate).
  • LiandaVanZylLiandaVanZyl Posts: 155 New Member
    edited April 2014
    Mr Copeland and team.... Thank you so much it looks awesome...

I can wait. I am new to sims 3 only just over 2 years and only started really building and in the past year.

Love the fence and the new L shaped stairs... not even mentioning the Grand Curved Stairs.... Cant wait for more hints.

PS: thanks for the bohemian garden set and the bakery... And everything else.

:mrgreen::D:lol:
  • YellowJaneYellowJane Posts: 6,589 Member
    edited April 2014
    I NEED THAT IRON FENCE OMG :shock: :D
  • GramcrackersGramcrackers Posts: 1,162 Member
    edited April 2014
    Wonderful! Mansions and Gardens for the Sims 2 was a favorite of mine. I love that curve in the railing on the L stairs! And have waited forever for the charming wrought iron.
  • CHimechAngaCHimechAnga Posts: 290 Member
    edited April 2014
    new fence looks.....gorgeous! ;)
  • amjoieamjoie Posts: 3,516 Member
    edited April 2014
    The new arch and fence remind me of a Thomas Kinkade painting -- they just beg for an English garden setting, near a water feature, with flowering trees. Lovely, simply lovely. (overwhelmed by sheer dreaminess)
  • murfeelmurfeel Posts: 7,584 Member
    edited April 2014
    That fence is stunning. :shock: Absolutely gorgeous. How can EA expect us to trade these graphics in for Sims 4's blocky, plastic ones? I know they're 'charming' but they'll never give us masterpieces like this. #stillbitter

*walks away grumbling* ;)

Word :roll: :x

#gonnastaybitter #untilconvincedotherwise #notgonnahappen #cuziamabitterwench
  • AmaraRenaAmaraRena Posts: 6,533 Member
    edited April 2014
    This set is really looking spectacular. My birthday is in May, too! Can't wait!

Me too! Welcome to the awesome May Baby club! LOL Oh I cannot WAIT to get my hands on this! Makes having another birthday almost worth it! LOL WHEN in May is this coming out????

I'm also hoping there will be some awesome and elaborate new rugs as well, along the lines of the ones from Grandpa's Grove but in richer, darker colors, deep reds and green versions would be fantastic. And maybe a really over the top spectacular fireplace. And... you know...
    STAINED GLASS WINDOWS
    Ahem. :D
    edited April 2014
    They're so beautiful!!!

(Warning... you're about to experience my awesome pint skills)

rail.jpg

You know what *I* would LOVE? If there were stair railings that matched this fence for BOTH sets of stairs! Oh pretty pretty pretty please with sugar on top?

Quick Cinderelli... hit them with an adorable pleading kitten picture they will be completely unable to resist!!!!
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    edited April 2014
    OH wow. I was out late celebrating the first of two friend's birthdays this week so I missed the new update. That is really fantastic looking. This set is going to be awesome.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • LadyLaFleurLadyLaFleur Posts: 2,185 Member
    edited April 2014
    That fence *is* gorgeous :O
    "This game lends itself to certain abuses." - Calvin
  • amjoieamjoie Posts: 3,516 Member
    edited April 2014
    AmaraRena wrote:
    I'm also hoping there will be some awesome and elaborate new rugs as well, along the lines of the ones from Grandpa's Grove but in richer, darker colors, deep reds and green versions would be fantastic.

Yes, we definitely need more elaborate new rugs. But, this time, I want to be able to recolor the main rug areas, not just the fringe around the edge. The GG colors weren't bad, but I got a little tired of always having to match those same couple colors, every time I wanted to use the GG rugs. So the next elaborate rugs need to be more versatile.
    edited April 2014
    amjoie wrote:
    AmaraRena wrote:
    I'm also hoping there will be some awesome and elaborate new rugs as well, along the lines of the ones from Grandpa's Grove but in richer, darker colors, deep reds and green versions would be fantastic.

Yes, we definitely need more elaborate new rugs. But, this time, I want to be able to recolor the main rug areas, not just the fringe around the edge. The GG colors weren't bad, but I got a little tired of always having to match those same couple colors, every time I wanted to use the GG rugs. So the next elaborate rugs need to be more versatile.

Agreed! Mostly re-colorable would be best but at the very least they NEED to be darker jewel tones to differentiate them from the GG rugs. And a LARGE round rug would be fantastic!