Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Newreign County BIY- "No Store" Version is now available

flstriderflstrider Posts: 1,912 Member
edited February 26 in Nominated Threads
I usually begin my worlds from scratch using heightmaps I find from a google image search or creating my own but I came across a blog which had a caw file to share with this posting:

"One comment was the world was not opening properly for him. I do not know how to fix someone else's game. I am just a hobbyist and not a tech support guru.
I have uploaded the CAW files. If someone knows how to fix it, they are free to do so."

At first I was not even going to download this file until I read another post with this comment:

"In fact, I would go so far to state that the alpha version is better than the finished or beta versions of many other worlds."

Now I became curious to see this world and when I opened it I found this:
Picture3.png

Picture2.png
Picture4.png

Picture7.png

Picture5.png

This is just a very small example of what opened in CAW and there is much more I could show but will leave that for some other time perhaps. I also found routing paint under roadways, lots overlapping roadways and not just by a square or two but by 5 or 6 squares and much more. it is no wonder someone had trouble trying to get this world to work.

I do not nor ever have claimed to be a CAW expert, in fact I am far from it but even a beginner can see the mistakes in this world. I decided to take on the challenge from the poster and fix this world. I will not mention the world or the creator as to not embarrass him/her and out of a little respect.
My World's thread linked in Sig
NewSig.jpg

Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2015
    World Details:

Map Size: 2048x2048 (Large Map)
    File Size: 99.5Mb

Total Lots: 167 (64 are used)
    Residential: 51
    1 used for Store Venue
    5 used for custom builds
    Community: 103
    12 used for Store Venues
    21 used for Rabbit Holes
    9 used for custom lots
    3 used for EA library lots
    Dive Lots: 4 (1 decorated)
    Hidden Tombs: 9 ( used to add world details)

Store Venues Used:
    The Boardwalk
    The Last Venue of Amore
    World of Wonder
    The Duke of Bows
    Olympian Physique
    Le Cinema Plumbob
    The Now & Then Century Manor
    Deliciously Indulgent Bakery
    Prism Art Studio
    Business as Usual Bistro
    Grim's Ghastly Manor
    Skylight Studio for the Performing Arts
    Graham’s Pet Swap Shop

All EP's/SP's are used
    Items from the following worlds (and other store sets) may also be included:

Midnight Hollow
    Aurora Skies
    Dragon Valley
    Hidden Springs
    Lunar Lakes
    Monte Vista
    Roaring Heights
    Sunlit Tides
    Post edited by flstrider on
    NewSig.jpg

• Options
    edited August 2015
    World Download

Beta Version: - Completed and link removed

My Studio final version: Newreign County BiY
    NewSig.jpg

• Options
    edited August 2015
    Progress so far .....

Screenshot-7.jpg
    Screenshot-8.jpg
    Screenshot-12.jpg
    Screenshot-11.jpg
    Screenshot-13.jpg

Will update as the work progresses.
    NewSig.jpg

• Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited April 2014
    Well your world is looking impressive already - but that other one looks like a hot mess. That one is one of those the creator needs to abandon and start over - and quickly. I see major issues in that map, even without having heard the stuff you were seeing. hehehe

I just wonder in your world are the palm trees going to go with snow capped mountains? Still it looks pretty.

ETA I know, you can call it Isle of Mystery and hide a time machine in the high thickets. hehehe - Just kidding - Sort of makes me think of the movie South Pacific and the distant pictures of the mysterious Bali High.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    edited April 2014
    Hey Reggie, thanks for the comments! I will more than likely remove those palm trees and replace them with probably aspen or birch trees maybe even the maples still not sure yet will see how the world goes. This one is going to be totally "off the cuff" seeing as it is already laid out so I am just going to go with the flow here.
    NewSig.jpg

• Options
    PoppedBubbleGuyPoppedBubbleGuy Posts: 177 Member
    edited April 2014
    It's so picturesque now. Great Job! I could never refrubish a world the way you did. But I'm glad you did \(^-^)/
    We were born sick, you heard them say it.-Hozier
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Now that I think about it, it looks like that Town the TV Show "Northern Exposure" was filmed in up in Alaska/Washington area in the summer - that is with out the palm trees. I used to wish I could move to Alaska - in that town that is. I loved that show when it was on, and catch old reruns when I can find any.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    edited April 2014
    lucyvp86 and Reggie you both gave me a little more direction for this world, thank you very much! I will have to do some Google searches to get just the right pictures to use but I think the Yellowstone area might just be a good place to start this.

PoppedBubbleGuy - Yes you could do this as well, it's not as difficult as you may think.
    NewSig.jpg

• Options
    edited April 2017
    So I have almost completed the "supernatural" section of the world and yes there are store items used in this world. I said a while ago that I wanted to do a world with all of my store venues and this world looks like a great place to do it. I will be placing a list of all the used worlds and venues in the second post along with the world details later. In this section you will see midnight hollow and Grim's Manor.
    Screenshot-10.jpg

Screenshot-5.jpg

Screenshot-2.jpg

Screenshot.jpg
    NewSig.jpg

• Options
    edited April 2014
    Not a problem for me as I own the whole store minus maybe 10-12 early made clothing or male hair items (hair that gets in the eyes - and a few weird early clothing before we had sets) - which clothing is never an issue. So no matter what is in the world I am sure I have it. hehehe Special thanks and credit goes to my wonderful friends and all their generous gifts as far as the store stuff goes. So no problem here with it.

Rflong made some hot springs looking spots in a couple of her wintry looking worlds using some of the effects stuff. They look cool. You could probably even have geysers with the fountain tool in build mode.

Anyway the world is really looking good. The SN island looks plenty creepy - but in a good way. hehehe Nice.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    edited April 2014
    Writin_Reg wrote:
    Not a problem for me as I own the whole store minus maybe 10-12 early made clothing or male hair items (hair that gets in the eyes - and a few weird early clothing before we had sets) - which clothing is never an issue. So no matter what is in the world I am sure I have it. hehehe Special thanks and credit goes to my wonderful friends and all their generous gifts as far as the store stuff goes. So no problem here with it.

Rflong made some hot springs looking spots in a couple of her wintry looking worlds using some of the effects stuff. They look cool. You could probably even have geysers with the fountain tool in build mode.

Anyway the world is really looking good. The SN island looks plenty creepy - but in a good way. hehehe Nice.

Thanks Reggie! I thought I would go ahead and finish this section since I still have not found the right picture to use for the rest of this world. I need to ask RF how she did her Hot Springs (I am sure it was the waterfall splash effect)and I will see how to work in the geysers as well.
    NewSig.jpg

• Options
    edited April 2017
    Just a little more work on the world, here are a few updates (just noticed that I did not use the correct "my documents" folder when taking these screenshots)

waterfalls in CAW:
    CawScreen.png

Screenshot-14.jpg

Screenshot-15.jpg

Screenshot-16.jpg

More updates as they are available
    NewSig.jpg

• Options
    DaethaqtDaethaqt Posts: 760 Member
    edited April 2014
    Dude!!!! you're so good.
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    **Edited 7/24/2015**

Looks like Stormwind is going to be a bit harder than I thought so I have decided to get back to work on this world. I will continue to update as time permits
    NewSig.jpg

• Options
    edited July 2015
    **Edited 7/24/2015**

So working on this world I found several other problems that the original creator had and took a while to get it all corrected.
    NewSig.jpg

• Options
    Finally got rid of all the bugs the original creator left in this world, thought I would share the updates......

Screenshot_1.jpg
    Screenshot-4_1.jpg
    Screenshot-3_1.jpg
    Screenshot-2_1.jpg

More as the build continues.....
    NewSig.jpg

• Options
    Just completed the park area and wanted to share.....

The inspiration:
    park1%20Lables.jpg

The Sims 3 version:
    Screenshot-6.jpg

More as the build continues.....
    NewSig.jpg

• Options
    Not being real happy with the park I re-worked it a bit here is the final version.....

Screenshot-7.jpg
    Screenshot-12.jpg
    Screenshot-13.jpg
    Screenshot-11.jpg
    Screenshot-10.jpg
    Screenshot-8.jpg
    Screenshot-9.jpg

More as the progress continues.....
    NewSig.jpg

• Options
    SillyCaileySillyCailey Posts: 374 Member
    I agree, I think the reworked layout looks more pleasing.

Just found this thread and your work on this world is just amazing - your talent just blows me away :)
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    @SillyCailey Thank you so much I appreciate your kind words very much!!

I thought I would update the thread with the work so far. Trying to rework another creator's world is a slow process trying to find all of the bugs from the original world and also getting all the lot into it. Today I have completed the rough layouts of the rural and warehouse sections here is what I have so far......

Screenshot-16.jpg
    Screenshot-18.jpg
    Screenshot-14.jpg
    Screenshot-22.jpg

Again this is just a rough layout so the details are not completed as of yet. More as the build continues......
    NewSig.jpg

• Options
    HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    This is looking terrific! I admire your determination to make a world from this - can't be easy to search for all the bits that may not have been created correctly. I'll look forward to seeing your progress. :)
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • Options
    @HappySimmer3 Thanks Tangie it has been a challenge so far but I am really enjoying this one

Just thought I would add a few more updates, Still all a rough draft but I really think things are starting to come together......

Screenshot-19.jpg
    Screenshot-20.jpg
    Screenshot-23.jpg
    Screenshot-24.jpg

I have a few lots I need to create so I will be working on them to not only take a break from CAW but to give me a better idea of how to finish this world build. More as the progress continues......
    NewSig.jpg

• Options
    Shadecaster101Shadecaster101 Posts: 1,343 Member
    With each update this world looks more and more promising. It looks like it's coming together really well.
  • Options
    SillyCaileySillyCailey Posts: 374 Member
    I think the updates are looking like they belong - I am looking forward to seeing more as you continue :)
  • Options
    Thank you @Shadecaster101 and @SillyCailey for your kind words

The next two sections are almost laid out (again just a rough draft) and wanted to share the updates with everyone......

The "Old Downtown" Section
    Screenshot-27.jpg
    Screenshot-25.jpg
    Screenshot-26.jpg

And the "Theme Park" Section (yes my idea of the EA Store theme park)
    Screenshot-30.jpg
    Screenshot-28.jpg
    Screenshot-29.jpg

The "Theme Park" uses the following store venues:
    The Boardwalk
    The Last Venue of Amore
    World of Wonder
    The Duke of Bows

Two other builds are in this area, a poolside club and my "Patwick" Castle. More as the progress continues......
    NewSig.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top