Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

kuroi_nekomata's farming challenge

As I purchased Farm Fresh Folk, Country Livin' and Grandpa's Grove the idea of making a farming challenge came into my mind. I did look at some other challenges for ideas, and came up with the following rules for my game.

Farming Challenge

The idea is to start with a little lot and end up with a big farm house or better, and maybe one or two farming lots.

Basics:

Get a little lot (not bigger than 20x30), build a little house and reduce the family funds to 500 Simelons.

The oldest child will be the heir/heiress. He will become the storyteller if he turns into young adult or adult.

If the storyteller Sims dies, only a direct descendant is allowed to continue the challenge.

The Sims are only allowed to eat self-made food or harvested fruits/vegetables. The quick-food is not allowed (since it is not normal to get food for free), except for pregnant Sims to avoid influence of the baby's gender.

The children from generation 1 – 3 are not allowed to visit the University. After school they have to help their parents on the field, at home, sell muffins or juice or take care of younger children and of course make their homework.

The household is allowed to move to other lots or towns.

The household can have more than one lot (i.e. one for living, one or more for farming)

Creation of the Sims:
The starter Sims can be created with every trait desired.
For every other Sim the following rules apply:
- Only 2 traits can be chosen at any time, but the green thumb trait is not permitted.
- The other three traits have to be diced. One can roll the dice three times.
- If University is installed, this trait can be freely chosen, but not the green thumb trait.

Sims are only allowed to find their partner in-game. However, it is allowed to create a Sim or Sim-Family in CAS and place the Sims into the game for the played Sim to meet and becomes the partner, but only one Sim/Sim family per generation. The rules of creating a Sims applies.

Jobs and Earning Money:

Rabbit-hole jobs are not allowed. Sims which join the family must quit their job. Only exception: A Sim can get a rabbit-hole job if he moves out of the family.

One Sim of every generation must be self-employed as gardener.

Ways of earning money:
- Farming and selling the products (fruits, eggs) – main income
- Selling fish – if the Sim has the angler trait and is self-employed as angler.
- Selling self-made nectar (the nectar maker has to be purchased in France)
- Selling paintings or sculptures (only if the Sims studied art, if University is not installed, the Sim must have one of the following traits: savvy sculptor, artistic)
- Selling inventions (Sims must have studied science, if University is not installed, the Sim must have the following trait: eccentric)
- Selling elixirs (Sim must have the following trait: supernatural fan or must be a witch)
- Children might sell muffins or juice.
- Playing for tips
- digging in trash cans and selling found items.
- Owning a store or resort, but only later in the game after 10 generations. The bakery can be already owned after the 5th generation ( I am looking forward to it).
- Selling collectibles with the following conditions:
--Generation 1 - 3: not more than 1000 simelons per week
--Generation 4 – 6: not more than 2000 simelons per week
--Generation 7 – 9: not more than 4000 simelons per week, after this no limit.
- Stolen objects are only allowed to be sold by Sims with the trait kleptomaniac
- Selling Animals like dogs, cats and horses (you might use a mod for this)
- Small animals are not allowed to be sold

If possible everything should be sold at a store (consignment, grocery, elixir consignment, insects to the science institute). Mods are allowed.

Forbidden:

The following life time rewards are not allowed:
Age Freeze
Bookshop Bargainer
Change Lifetime Wish
Clone Voucher
Complimentary Entertainment
Discount Diner
Inheritance
Immortal
Mid-Life Crisis
No Bills Ever
Young Again

I use the following age setting for my sims:
baby: 3 days
toddler: 7 days
child: 12 days
teen: 14 days
young adult: 25 days
adult: 30 days
elder: 21 days

Setting of the seasons:
every season 14 days
moon cycle: 8 days

I am thinking of setting the seasons as followed:
spring and summer 21 days
fall and winter 14 days
But for this I am not sure yet.

I will start playing around middle of April. Have to do some preparation first and some real life is calling for me the next few days. :?

Sorry for any errors, but English is not my mother tongue. However, I hope everthing is understandable.

Comments