Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Missing Map Tags?

Hi, I tried doing research on the board before I posted anything, so if I'm still wrong posting this here, please feel free to move it around.

In any case, I just recently installed Island Paradise on my computer and for the first week the game play was fine. Yesterday, while my sim was moving a houseboat to a different port, my map tags disappeared. It was sudden, because I had been playing for a while.

Is there a way of fixing this?

Comments

• Options
    lovesstormslovesstorms Posts: 17,794 Member
    edited March 2014
    Do you have any mods?

Oh, and I just found this post while I was searching in google. See if that would help you any. :)
    Origin ID: lovesstorms
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    - 20 Things About Highly Creative People
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    I don't use mods or custom content. If that helps any.
  • Options
    lovesstormslovesstorms Posts: 17,794 Member
    edited March 2014
    I'm not 100% sure what is wrong, but try this.

- zoom all the way out so you go to town view (not in edit town, just in regular live mode)

This pic shows a button in the left corner (above the wishes).

13431484863_0e736e2919_c.jpg

Choose "all" and all your map tags should show again. :)

13431753674_45c21782e0_c.jpg

Then, when your done, just click the 3 dots and the pop up will go away.

13431520465_76d5f70e88_b.jpg
    Origin ID: lovesstorms
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    - 20 Things About Highly Creative People
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • Options
    WildMDWildMD Posts: 3 New Member
    [quote="celtichistoryfreak;745924"]Hi, I tried doing research on the board before I posted anything, so if I'm still wrong posting this here, please feel free to move it around.

In any case, I just recently installed Island Paradise on my computer and for the first week the game play was fine. Yesterday, while my sim was moving a houseboat to a different port, my map tags disappeared. It was sudden, because I had been playing for a while.

Is there a way of fixing this?[/quote]

Same problem here, so I can't really help. Been playing Late Night and 2 of my Sims can't see the map icons. My other Sim is perfectly fine though. Been reading through the old forums and found out that Late Night is really buggy which is a bummer.

If anyone knows the solution to this, please send a link or message. Thank you.
  • Options
    WildMDWildMD Posts: 3 New Member
    Okay! Just had a freaking "Eureka!" moment. I fixed it! And it was fairly simple. I was trying things in random, including those suggested in previous fora (I was at my limits and VERY desperate) but nothing worked (that Sim reset which did nothing for me). Finally, went to Options, then selected "Reset Default" and voila! Bugs fixed. I dunno what that had to do with anything but I don't really care. All that matters is it's fixed for now and I don't have to reset my game or create a new family or even go through the tedious process of uninstall/reinstall (thank goodness).

Hope this helps other people with the same problem in the future. And it may not work for all but at least it did for me.
  • Options
    ChocolateBear20ChocolateBear20 Posts: 1 New Member
    I just started having this issue as well!! It had been working perfectly fine before, but today I decided to make a new save game and after my sim joined the firefighter career the only things that would show up on the map were the fire department or his house, both of which I couldn't click. I tried moving him out multiple times, starting another new game and choosing a random pre made household, in multiple new neighbourhoods. But the fire department continued to be the only map icon that shows up in each new file I made. All the save files I already had seem to not be affected, just any of the new ones I try to make.
  • Options
    JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
    If you still haven't found the solution, I can suggest one. Save the game first, then go to Edit Town Mode, then come back to play mode. Map tags will be all shown.