Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

✿Blushing Brides- A Story Competition✿ SCORES UP TODAY!

blushing_zps40117544.jpg
Hello and welcome you your wedding! Just kidding, but, the way you're going, you’re on the road to wedded bliss in just a few assignments… I mean stages! I’m Luce, and I’ll be your wedding planner, guiding you every step of the way! But watch out! I can’t account for everything, sometimes the wedding may not go as planned! Here’s hoping it does, the last thing a wedding planner needs is a bad review! Now onward, you Blushing Bride, into the realm of holy matrimony and love!

In Blushing Brides, the competition will be made up of 9 non-elimination assignments plus a mock to which you will be creating your own unique wedding from the themes below, may it be country chic, or parisian nights, you get to choose how you models wedding plans out! Check out Planning Central below to reserve your type of wedding!

But watch out for Bridezillas! The winning model gets to sabotage another model of their choosing!

blushingrules_zps641d5570.jpg
❤ Be nice to everyone! Don't be a bridezilla- be a bride-chilla!
❤ Editing, CC and Poseplayer allowed and recommended.
❤ Don't put yourself down either.
❤ Extensions last 2 days and you only have 3, use them wisely!
❤ No faceplastering or photoskinning!
❤ Drops are tolerated, no-shows are not!
❤ No redos unless I specifically tell you to.
❤ Couples can be straight or same-sex.
❤ This will start when I have atleast 10 models.
❤ This will be Non-Elimination

blushm_zpsf9554df7.jpg
modelwall_zps769c82de.jpg
Themes!
Vegas ***Reserved by Hannah***
Black Tie ***Reserved by Mat***
Country Chic ***Reserved by Maggie***
Parisian Nights ***Reserved by Cheerio***
Beach wedding ***Reserved by Ayanasamura***
Romance ***Reserved by Angela***
Vintage ***Reserved by SimsLover***

Entry Form-
Username-
Models Name-
HS (White background, white top, hair in updo)-
BS (White background, short white dress, hair down)-
Partners Name-
Type Of Wedding:
Waiting For:
Lala and Evelyn Roy (Seasonal)
Sugar and Skye Scott (Princess)
Mat and Paige Ryan (Black Tie)
SimLover and Alice Cline (Vintage)
Assignment In:
Maggie and Bailey Church (Country Chic)
Angela and Serenity Holder (Romance)
Cheerio and Lily Guinness (Parisian Nights)
Hannah and Belle Raven (Vegas)
Ayanasmaura and Dominique Streeter (Beach)

blushj_zps56fbf8d0.jpg
I am looking for one judge. If you would like to be it, sign up here!
Judges Form-
Username-
Experience-
Communication (email or unbound)-
Headshot- Black background, white shirt

Luce & Kennady

Comments

• Options
    lucycat101lucycat101 Posts: 1,888 Member
    edited May 2014
    blusha_zps2302ad70.jpg
    A3- Bridal Beauty Headshots
    Welcome to A3, everybody! For this assignment, you'll have to showcase your model in a bridal headshot- make sure it shows off your theme!![/b]

The story will be about getting to know your bride. Weather it's a childhood story, their thoughts on their wedding, etc.

Bridezillas!
    For the bridezilla sabotage, I used this 8 sided die http://www.bgfl.org/bgfl/custom/resources_ftp/client_ftp/ks1/maths/dice/eight.htm each person coinsided with a number. (1=Maggie. 2=Ayana. 3=Hannah. 4=Angela. 5=Cheerio. 6=Mat. 7=SimLover. 8=No one.) and this would determine who got sabotaged... and this week it's HANNNAH!

Sabotage Assignment (Hannah)

For the sabotage, you'll have to have an unflattering photo of your model- may it be a bad facial expression, a bad photographer, etc.

Requirements!
    ❤Headshot
    ❤Must have your bride only
    ❤Must have bridal fashion
    ❤Plain background OR set
    ❤Must have a thin black border

Due: May 12th

blonde_bride_pretty_hair_veil.jpg
    bridal-boudoir-headshot-beauty-session-with-gorgeous-blonde-chelsea-nath-by-maria-hibbs-of-squareville-studios-in-dallas-texas-171.jpg

blushe_zps7c1635ce.jpg

Maggie and Bailey Church
    The thoughts of the big day keep swirling around and around. Bailey must have gone over the moment a thousand times in her head. Be the one thing she keeps coming back to is how lonely and empty her side of the seating for the ceremony will be. No one will be there. No sobbing mother, no father to walk her down the isle. No friends, no family.... just a few empty seats. What will everyone from Mitch's family think? 'Maybe I should re-think the seating, the ceremony, EVERYTHING??!!' Bailey says, now crying to herself. At the moment Bailey's tears start to roll down her cheek, Anna comes in, and quickly rushes to Bailey.

"Aww, Bailey, why are you crying?" Anna asks, in the sweetest, most concerned tone Bailey has heard.

"Anna, I'm just so sad. I miss my parents, and the thought of not having them here to share this joy is the hardest, most complicated feeling ever...."

"But they are here, with you right now. Just like my mommy, she's with me everywhere I go. Just 'cuz you can't see them, doesn't mean they are not here."

Mitch had been quietly listening in the next room, in tears himself. How could such a young child have such a positive outlook? Hearing his daughter comfort his bride was more heartwarming than he could imagine. Mitch knows he made the right choice in asking Bailey to be his wife, and now, more than ever, feels that Anna also feels the same.

"Anna..." Bailey looking into Anna's eyes, seeing the love Anna had developed for her, seeing the future looking brighter, says "you are perfect, and you father is very lucky to have you, and so am I. I really do love you Anna. You always know what to say, and are so thoughtful and loving to me. What would I do without you?" Bailey reaches out for Anna in a Motherly Embrace. Hugging Anna made her feel so warm, and loved. Over Anna's shoulder, Bailey can see Mitch, tears on his face, walking up to the both of them. Bailey reaches out for him and grabs him into the embrace. She will cherish this moment forever, just the three of them, here, now, perfect.

13991234399_480713cdf8_b.jpg
    [url][/url]

Ayanasamura and Dominique Streeter
    Age 7.

I skip along the beach my pastel pink flower dress flowing out behind me, the cool water lapping at my bare feet. As I reached the spot that was in line with a big rock I wasn't aloud to pass I heard a slight hum of music, being nosy I skipped across the sand to the rock and peered round it.. A little ahead of me I spotted a very beautiful bride striding down the isle to a beautiful melody as all her guests awed and cried tears of happiness as she reached the aisle. I crouch onto my knees and watch around the rock as the beautiful ceremony took place wishing that could be me being married on the beach one day.

Present day.

I open my eyes and peer around at Amelia lying next to me, I was so glad to be waking up to her. Quietly I get up out of bed pulling on my robe then slouching into the chair beside the window with the view of the beach. I had somewhat forgot about that day, but here I was now dreaming of it. How could I have ever knew that my wish on that day was coming true.

14005623019_0ba091d0f2_o.jpg

Hannah and Belle Raven
    Vegas! initially, I was disbelieving. Vegas? For our holidays?
    It was only when Mother showed me the tickets that I truly believed her. I so cannot wait to brag about this to my friends! They'll be so jealous! Tehe! I'm going to start marking my calendar right now. Just ... one month to go!

Oh my gosh. We're here! One month did not come fast enough, it totally dragged. Still, it's here now, thank goodness. As we exit the plane, my eyes wander over to the towering buildings and bright neon signs.
    It's better than I ever could have imagined. Thank you, Mom and Dad!
    As Mom, Dad and I pile into a taxi, Dad asks if it would be okay if they went out for a little bit, and I stayed in the hotel room. He assures me they will be back by half twelve at night. They need "alone time",he says. Well, of course I'll let them have a little fun. It's Vegas! Duh. And, I am fourteen years old, I'm not a child.
    As we drive through the city, I make sure to take loads of pictures on my camera. I'll get them printed out when we're home.

Okay, Mom and Dad just left. I have a whole hotel room to myself! Yay!! I watch TV, text, read some magazines, order some food, and after I eat, I have a long, relaxing, warm bath. This vacation is so perfect.
    When I grudgingly get out of the bath, I see that it is quarter to one. Huh, Mom and Dad are fifteen minutes late. Whatever. They're probably just trying to get a taxi, or something.
    1:00am, still not here.
    1:30am, they're an hour late.
    2:00am, umm where are they?
    3:00am, why aren't they here yet?!?!
    My phone has no messages, no missed calls. I try to get some sleep, but I only drift in and out of consciousness a few times. I break my resolve and call them for a third time. No answer. This is getting creepy. Not to mention the fact is thundering rain outside. I hate rain.
    Each time I hear footsteps walking in the halls, I fervently hope its my parents. But their footsteps do not come. Urgh! How could they not think to call? Don't they know I'm worried sick about them?
    At about half three, I hear a gentle click, followed by staggering footsteps. Are they here? What's if it's not them? No, only they have the key. But what if it's a member of the staff, and they have the key, and the try to kidnap me!
    "Hahhahaha. Oh, no. Not with Belle in the room!" Nope it's mom. And by the sounds of it, they are totally drunk. No wonder they didn't call! How dare they!
    "Lets lock her in the bathroom, she wont notice, babe, she's soundddd aslleeep." Dad slurs, as I get the sudden urge to fling my book at him. Lock me in the bathroom? And, i've never heard him call mom "babe" before.
    So after a drunken, ridiculous conversation, my parents retire to bed to get some shut eye. (I try to ignore Moms repetitive giggles)
    After what seems like forever, I finally sleep.

When I woke up we didn't go out until three, and beforehand I had to go down to the gift shop and buy my parents some sunglasses.
    Well, at least I had fun for the rest of the week. But I would've liked that extra day.
    I won't worry myself with it though. I'll go to Vegas again, someday. For what, I don't know.

21m6vrq.jpg
    http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=3310t8w&s=8#.U3NS4PldXnM

Angela and Serenity Holder
    Serenity was nervous. She knew she loved Cameron, and she knew that they belonged together, but she was so nervous. As her bridesmaids helped her dress for the bridal photo-shoot, she had to keep clearing her throat to try and dislodge the knot that had formed there. She wondered if Cameron was this nervous. Was he breaking a sweat? Would he even be standing at the end of the isle when it was time? Her mind was racing as she stood in front of the backdrop. As the camera flashed, the photographer looked annoyed. “Smile please. It is your wedding day after all” Tears began to form in Serenity’s eyes because she felt bad for feeling this way. All of a sudden there was a knock at the door. When Lexie opened the door Serenity could see Cameron’s best man, Drake hand her something. Lexie came over smiling and held out a rose and an envelope with Serenity’s name written on the front. As Serenity opened the envelope and read the note, the tears left her eyes.
    My sweet Serenity,
    I cannot wait to kiss you. I’ll be waiting for you.
    I Love you,
    Cameron
    As laughter bubbled inside her, Serenity brought that rose to her nose. As the camera flashed, her doubts faded as she thought of the many long years she would have with that amazing man. She couldn’t wait to kiss him either.

14156936206_2a5d55b289_c.jpg
    [url][/url]

Mat and Paige Ryan
    Paige paced the small library-office-room-thingie in her parent's old house that once belonged to her great grandmother. She was in New Orleans waiting for David to come back with something for lunch.
    She was nervous, yet she wasn't for sure why. I mean, who has cold feet weeks before their wedding?

She looked outside for David's car once more, then liked at the old grandfather clock across the room.

Paige decided to call her maid of honor. No answer.

She then phones her mom, and finally, on the last ring she answered.
    "Hey mom!", saying it in her fake cheerful voice.
    "What's wrong? Paige?"
    Her mom knew her so well, it was uncanny.
    Paige told her about the nerves she was feeling.
    "Well, do you love David?"
    "Of course!"
    "Then sweety, you are just having some pre-wedding nerves. I know you know that, but you just need to take a break and do something other than wedding things. I know the wedding is important, but you don't ever need to literally become your wedding, so like I said, take a break. Do something for yourself. Spend time with David. You are in New Orleans for Pete's sake!"
    Paige weakly chuckled, then said, "Thanks mom, you always help. Love you."
    "Love you too."
    Paige had reserved the hotel and reception hall already, both 1 block away from the French Quarter, so her reason for coming down there was done. So, taking her mom's advice, once David pulled into the driveway, they decided to take a picnic to a small park and to take a tour through the French Quarter.

2gsr2c2.png
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    blushs_zps64f6e354.jpg
    A note from your host!
    Everyone has done wonderfully with their second assignment, but I feel the need to remind you- read the assignments carefully! For this round, a lot of you had your model shopping for their bridal gown when we wanted to see bridesmaid dresses/bridal shower. Just remember to follow the requirements, please. I actually had to change a future assignment because of this and I do not want to have to do that again! Also, I am sorry that the scores have been taking awhile- my grandfather has recently passed and I haven’t been in the greatest shape, and Kennady is sick. We will try to be on the ball with the next scores. Also, be sure to submit on time- all these extensions are driving me mad!
    1st: SimLover with Alice Cline
    208e6oi.jpg
    Luce Says:
    8/10 Theme
    10/10 Story
    10/10 Creativity
    4/5 Appearance
    4/5 Quality
    5/5 Overall
    41/45
    A big thanks for following requirements, Sim Lover! Your boutique is absolutely adorable, and I love the view out of the window. Your story is also super sweet and cheeky, I love how much fun the girls are having together. Wonderful job!
    Kennady Says:
    Theme (Is the wedding theme represented?) 4/10
    Your theme is not represented at all in your picture or your story, but I do get a bit of a vintage vibe just make sure it’s more distinguished next time.
    Story (Does it go with the picture?) 8/10
    I like your story and it goes well with the picture.
    Creativity 9/10
    By far the most creative story line just wish the set was a bit more creative picture J
    Appearance 4/5
    Your models look great, except your brides laughing face looks a bit unnatural at its angle with the picture. Quality 4/5
    Everything looks great; I just wish it was a tad bit brighter.
    Overall 5/5
    Overall you did a great job and I love the emotion captured in your photo.
    34/45

75/90

2nd: Maggie and Bailey Church
    13997879492_1c185d0421_o.jpg
    Luce Says:
    6/10 Theme
    7/10 Story
    7/10 Creativity
    4/5 Appearance
    5/5 Quality
    4/5 Overall
    33/45
    Lovely photo, Maggie- but need I say you didn’t follow the requirements. The photo was supposed to be shopping for bridesmaid dresses, not the bridal gown. Therefore, I didn’t award you the four extra points from the sabotage. Judging what you did though, I like the story and the styling here, the story is especially cheeky and cute! I like how you’ve played the sabotage and the setting is perfect. Good job!
    Kennady Says:
    The theme wasn’t well represented in the picture or the story other than the small town vibe. However I do like the boutique and the character the place has.
    Story (Does it go with the picture?) 10/10
    Amazing as always J I might need to hire you do my English papers :P
    Creativity 10/10
    Very creative! I loved the idea. Not too dramatic, but still a little crazy J
    Appearance 5/5
    Everybody looks great.
    Quality 3/5
    The pose of the girl ripping the dress is a huge distraction. I know it’s really hard to find poses without some sort of a glitch, but it’s kind of noticeable and takes away from your picture.
    Overall 9/5
    Overall, you did a good job. I went ahead and added the sabotage bonus here because you did fantastic making a great photo with a story even with a twist.
    41/45

74/90

3rd: Mat and Paige Ryan
    2qjhuo1.jpg
    Luce Says:
    8/10 Theme
    8/10 Story
    7/10 Creativity
    3/5 Appearance
    5/5 Quality
    4/5 Overall
    35/45
    This should’ve been bridesmaid, not bridal gowns, but I digress. I really like your story here, and the styling (while not what we were looking for) is good, so is the story. Good job.
    Kennady Says:
    Your theme is not directly represented in the picture, but I can pick up on a black tie vibe. Next time make sure the theme is more distinctly represented.
    I really like your story. It goes well with the photo J
    Creativity 7/10
    Your story was not extremely creative, but I really like the creativity in the composition of your picture Appearance 5/5
    Everybody looks great in your picture. I love your brides dress and even more the setting. Quality 5/5
    Great quality photo.
    Overall 5/5
    Overall I loved your picture it was very well done J
    34/45

69/90

4th: Angela and Serenity Holder
    Luce Says:
    7/10 Theme
    8/10 Story
    10/10 Creativity
    4/5 Appearance
    5/5 Quality
    5/5 Overall
    39/45
    Finally! Thank you for following the rules by doing the ‘maids dresses, hardly any one else did! I really like the dresses you chose for the girls and I like everyones poses. Also, the boutique is super cute, along with the story. Nicely done!
    Kennady Says:
    Theme (Is the wedding theme represented?) 2/10
    Your theme is not represented at all in your picture or your story.
    I like your story and it goes well with the picture.
    Creativity 6/10
    I liked the idea and your story, but the dress shop in the picture looked really plain for being a boutique.
    Appearance 4/5
    Your models look great, um but it is important that at least one model makes eye contact with the camera especially the type of picture it is.
    Quality 5/5
    Great quality photo.
    Overall 3/5
    Overall you did a good job. In the next assignment put more focus on the setting. You’ve mastered the art of creating beautiful models :P
    28/45

67/90

5th: Ayana and Dominique Streeter
    Luce Says:
    8/10 Theme
    8/10 Story
    7/10 Creativity
    4/5 Appearance
    5/5 Quality
    4/5 Overall
    36/45
    Ayana- need I say that Dominique isn’t supposed to be trying on gowns? A lot of people missed that requirement, it was supposed to be bridesmaid dress shopping. Apart from that, I think this a good photo, not the best, but it’s okay. The styling of Dominique is great, but I’m not a fan of the poses for her friends, and the boutique is a little plain Jane. Overall, nice photo, Ayana!
    Kennady Says:
    I could see the beach in the background slightly I just wish you would’ve emphasized it more.
    Story (Does it go with the picture?) 5/10
    I love the dear diary idea next time just spend more time on it.
    Creativity 4/10
    It was extremely creative. I know your potential and I just want to push you to produce something better and more creative.
    Appearance 5/5
    Your models are dressed beautifully. Your models wedding dress was definitely my favorite.
    Quality 5/5
    Your picture is of excellent quality. wonderful job.
    Overall 3/5
    Overall your picture wasn’t bad I just wish it had more of a purpose. Next week really focus on bringing out the beach.
    26/45

62/90

6th: Hannah and Belle Raven
    Luce Says:
    7/10 Theme
    7/10 Story
    7/10 Creativity
    4/5 Appearance
    4/5 Quality
    4/5 Overall
    33/45
    Bridesmaid dresses, not bridal should’ve been happening here, but you already know that. Apart from that, this is a good photo, I like the boutique styling, and the appearance of the three girls, especially the outfit on the redhead! I also am a fan of your story. Nice job, Hannah!
    Kennady Says:
    The only sign of Vegas is in your story when you said “busting city” other than that your theme was not relevant.
    Story (Does it go with the picture?) 7/10
    The story was good, but it just lacked a lot of depth.
    Creativity 3/10
    Neither your picture, nor your story was very creative. I’ve seen you produce great work before and want to see something a little more out there.
    Appearance 4/5
    Your models look great J however the floor is very distracting, I recommend next time using something less bright.
    Quality 2/5
    The picture is really dark in my opinion.
    Overall 3/5
    Overall you met all the requirements and nothing was really bad. On your next assignment really put focus on your bride and having her stand out she seemed to blend in.
    23/45

56/90

Winner Log
    Mock- Engagement Photos- Maggie and Bailey Church
    A1- Flowers/Color Scheme- Cheerio and Lily Guinness & Ayana and Dominique Streeter
    A2- Bridesmaids Dresses- SimLover and Alice Cline

A3- Bridal Beauty-
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Open for business :mrgreen:
  • Options
    matmoatematmoate Posts: 722 Member
    edited March 2014
    I've been waiting for this comp!
    Reserve me, please!
    Black tie all the way ^-^
    5bo6s7.png
  • Options
    munchkinprincessmunchkinprincess Posts: 1,212 New Member
    edited March 2014
    Hey seriously contemplating this..
    reserve me beach wedding please, will have everything up as soon as I can
    (luce already knows about game troubles which I am fixing right now)
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Both of you reserved!
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Bump :)
  • Options
    Mhamilton0911Mhamilton0911 Posts: 2,220 Member
    edited March 2014
    reserve me please!

Country Chic!!
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    reserve me please!

Country Chic!!

Reserved :)
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Hooray! I have a the perfect guy for this, just need his bride.
    I'm working on my Jungle assignment, and i'll get right on this!

• Options
    aspires001aspires001 Posts: 345 Member
    edited March 2014
    Aaaahhh! Luce, you are killing me. I'm in so many comps right now but I don't think I can turn this down. Especially one of your comps.

Okay, please reserve me for a romance wedding.
    Love Thy Neighbors: A Neighborhood Rotation Story
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Can't wait to see it, Maggie!

Reserved Angela :mrgreen: thanks for the warm fuzzy!
  • Options
    PrincessLala14PrincessLala14 Posts: 29,231 Member
    edited March 2014
    I'm entering...definitely...styling her right now, should have the pics up tomorrow... For my theme can I use a seasonal theme? Kind of like the holiday theme, but moreso based around a season. I'm kind of thinking a Winter Wonderland type theme, hehe... :)
    purple_flowers_39.jpg
  • Options
    cheerio517cheerio517 Posts: 817 Member
    edited March 2014
    Normally I wouldn't have time, but I do love bridal. COuld you reserve me for Parisian nights? :D
    hvv6th.jpg
  • Options
    matmoatematmoate Posts: 722 Member
    edited March 2014
    Username- matmoate (you can call me Mat)
    Models Name- Paige Ryan
    2rdyush.jpg
    f50dnr.jpg
    Partners Name- David French
    Type Of Wedding- Black Tie
    5bo6s7.png
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Username- Mhamilton0911, Maggie
    Models Name- Bailey Church
    13184079804_6f5a0bf7f4_o.jpg

13184231265_75e85be9e1_o.jpg

Partners Name- Mitch Rockwell
    Type Of Wedding: Country Chic

Edited to add: Partners name and type of weeding, 'cuz i forgot to last night!
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Question for the mock, is the date like to be the date of the wedding or..? and if so what time frame should the date be in?
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Question for the mock, is the date like to be the date of the wedding or..? and if so what time frame should the date be in?
    It can be the date of the wedding or the date of engagement, which ever. It doesn't matter what frame its in :)

Everyones reserved!

Looks great Mat and Maggie!
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    nvm <3
    purple_flowers_39.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Username
    PrincessLala95

Model's Name
    Evelyn Roy

Headshot
    Headshot.jpg

Bodyshot
    Bodyshot_Single.jpg

Partner's Name
    I'm still calling him John, so...John... xD

Type of Wedding
    Winter Wonderland/Seasonal
    purple_flowers_39.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Thanks Lala! Evelyn looks beautiful :)
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    lucycat101 wrote:
    Thanks Lala! Evelyn looks beautiful :)
    Thanks ^_^ I think she always does, I'm so proud of her :D
    purple_flowers_39.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Username
    PrincessLala95

Model's Name
    Evelyn Roy

Headshot
    Headshot.jpg

Bodyshot
    Bodyshot_Single.jpg

Partner's Name
    I'm still calling him John, so...John... xD

Type of Wedding
    Winter Wonderland/Seasonal

wow she's a beauty.
  • Options
    shideh357shideh357 Posts: 866 New Member
    edited March 2014
    Hi there!

Really excited about taking part in this. Two questions:

1. Are berry sims allowed in this competition? My sims tend to be unnaturally coloured.

2. Can I reserve a 'Gothic' theme wedding?

• Options
    edited March 2014
    wow she's a beauty.
    She's actually based on my IRL boyfriend, which is super neat, he apparently makes a very beautiful girl.....
    purple_flowers_39.jpg