Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Issues with the New WW SimPoints Ads-Post Here

Comments

• knt1229knt1229 Posts: 2,227 Member
    edited March 2014
    I get the ads and I get tons of points from them. Well, yesterday and today I got lots of points. More than the 50pts we were limited to before. I get 5pts per ad but the ads pop up all over the site. Mostly, I find them when I click on sets I don't own or the sale page.

So far I really like the new way much better than the old one.
  • idkairplaneidkairplane Posts: 79
    edited March 2014
    I used to see the points banner every night between 10PM CT and 1130PM CT. After the points went worldwide I no longer see the banner. I use chrome(and yes i refuse to use another browser.) I am glad more than just the US can benefit from the free simpoints now. So huge thanks for that, just wish i could find the banner.
  • NyosimNyosim Posts: 816 Member
    edited March 2014
    I've been seeing the banner 24/7 ever since the new Bonus Simpoints system went live, and I've been sitting at my Mac for nearly 2 and a half hours straight watching ad after ad. :shock:

Yes, you read that right. TWO AND A HALF HOURS OF ADS.

And there's a pattern, too!

Video 1: 5 SP
    V2: 10 SP
    etc . . .

I've gotten about 200 (2.00 USD) extra Simpoints via these ads! Crazy.
    900woh.png
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    edited March 2014
    I'm really glad that they extended the free sp to include outside the US but the small print really irritates me. The points you are going to get are based on the inventory you have? Just because I have most of the store I get penalized for buying what I have?

I've just started to collect free sp and now I can only get maybe one ad per day, if that. Sometimes the button doesn't work like it's supposed to...just sits there without the ad coming up. :roll:

I guess going worldwide ended up in too many people getting free points, huh. I know this sounds petty and I guess I should just shutup and be thankful for getting anything free out of EA. :lol:
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • 29cats29cats Posts: 140 Member
    edited March 2014
    I guess I'm one of the lucky ones, at least so far! I've been averaging over a hundred to hundred twenty a day since they switched it over. One day I only got 20 but the next day I got 190! I would feel bad about this but I went over 3 months without seeing one single solitary ad while others were getting them everyday. I figure I just catching up! :-)
  • AerlinnielAerlinniel Posts: 1,041 Member
    edited March 2014
    I find the new system frustrating. I think I'm seeing an average of 3-4 ads a day. The only reason I'm happy for 15-20 points a days is before its the first time I've started seeing the ads since Jan.

That said - does anyone else have an issue where the points just don't show up? I got lucky yesterday and saw 5 ads in a row. But I only got 10 points for those 5 videos not 25...
  • cynthiao79cynthiao79 Posts: 4 New Member
    edited March 2014
    I think the problem is a misunderstanding. It appears like you aren't getting any more ads after you do one, but I realized that if you refresh the page sometimes you will get more. Sometimes, it takes refreshing & navigating through the store but I have been getting more when it looks like it's done.
  • brandi22brandi22 Posts: 3,949 Member
    edited March 2014
    Currently there are issues being reported of ads playing, but SimPoints not being tacked on at the end of the ad within 10 minutes/24 hours. Threads about this:

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/746014.page

and here:

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/744606.page

I experienced this today; should have about 25-30 SPs from ads that played, but the points never added onto my account.

Could we hear from a Guru or site tech about this? Would be nice to know the issue is being looked into.
    My Wishlist on Origin:
    https://www.origin.com/usa/en-us/view-wishlist/koYQDL6TzKT18Z3EiX.RDw--
    To see my Sims, Builds, etc Click "My Studio":
    MY STUDIO
  • AnniemaryAnniemary Posts: 65 New Member
    edited March 2014
    I had ads at first but now there are none for the past 3 days :S have they stopped?
  • bluskys789123bluskys789123 Posts: 147 Member
    edited March 2014
    No simpoints banner for me for maybe a couple of weeks...maybe around the time they went worldwide. I am in the US and used to get them almost daily. :(
    edited March 2014
    Bump

Still no points after several more ads
    My Wishlist on Origin:
    MY STUDIO
  • Shogo_YahagiShogo_Yahagi Posts: 838 Member
    edited March 2014
    Likewise.

Points were showing up sporadically yesterday evening (no points for several ads, then the missing points would begin showing up and I would get 10 or 15 at a time until they eventually caught up) but I have received no points from any of the ads I've watched in the last 4 hours or so.
  • ajaxpostajaxpost Posts: 4,200 Member
    edited March 2014
    Hi, I'm in the UK, have the latest version of IE, Firefox and Chrome and have not knowingly installed any ad blockers.

I do have set some rules on my router to disable access to certain sites, mostly ad farms. I've now enabled access to doubleclick so I see the normal Sims 3 site adverts but I've never seen a sponsored ad :-(

Someone mentioned Sponsorpay and I've checked they are not blocked on the router.

Does anyone know exactly which site they use to host the adverts if not Sponsorpay?

Of course, it could be that it has nothing to do with site blocking and I am just among the unluckiest Store stalkers. :-(
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • duyguugudurduyguugudur Posts: 2,684 Member
    edited March 2014
    Hello thank you for the thread,i just wanted to adress some issues regarding ads but didn't know where? :oops: Hope Gurus will see this thread and game some explaination ^^

Well i am living in Turkey,when ads become universal first 3- 4 days were avaliable to me, there 2 companies and first day 5 and the other days max 3 advs i have seen but it was enough for me as this is a big opportunity for me. Unable to buy simpoints through site and we donot have simpoint cards either...

Now my issues is after first 3-4 days,i haven't seen any! Like at all..

Is there anyone who also lives in Turkey can tell me whether they can see any sponsor ads recently ? :(

Cheers xxx
    edited March 2014
    Checked the page and 25 SPs were added to my account. Still leaves about 20-25 points missing from ads I watched this morning. I clicked on another ad just now and received 5 SP for it, but now I am wondering if it will keep up, or if the ads might "blink" and not register points after viewing. :?

Also more reports of the ads not showing up at all for some since their worldwide introduction, and others having issues seeing them over the last few days.

Any help or advice with these issues from those "in the know" would be much appreciated, thanks.
    My Wishlist on Origin:
    MY STUDIO
  • murfeelmurfeel Posts: 7,584 Member
    edited March 2014
    I haven't seen the WW ads button AT ALL since it went live. :cry:

It had been so well-behaved for most of February, but before that I hadn't seen the ads barely at all for practically months on end. I guess all my prayers and threats and blood magic need new ingenues--I, I mean sacrifi--I, I mean temper tantru--I... Never mind.
  • Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    edited March 2014
    i haven't seen the blue button for SimPoint ads in four days now. What gives?
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • AmyTheArtistAmyTheArtist Posts: 13
    edited May 2014
    I haven't seen any ads in weeks as well (I'm in the US, if that matters). :?
  • LatteCrabLatteCrab Posts: 2,935 Member
    edited May 2014
    I haven't seen it since near end of March. :?
  • Mike7775Mike7775 Posts: 1
    edited June 2014
    I haven't seen these either in quite a long time. I really liked this feature so I would appreciate it if anyone knows a way to fix it. (Also from the US)
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    edited June 2014
    Mike7775 wrote:
    I haven't seen these either in quite a long time. I really liked this feature so I would appreciate it if anyone knows a way to fix it. (Also from the US)

They were disabled two weeks ago so they could be "fixed".

I kinda wish they had not disabled them because some people were still able to get some, granted much fewer, each day. Maybe it was necessary in order to redo the system, but I worry that it's more along the lines of "it's not working as well as it should be, people are complaining, so let's just scrap it". :(
    I really hope I'm wrong and they do actually fix it.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • AmyTheArtistAmyTheArtist Posts: 13
    edited July 2014
    I haven't seen it since near end of March. :?
    Same. I'm in the US and I haven't seen an ad in AGES.. :?
  • pepperw1pepperw1 Posts: 487 Member
    edited July 2014
    Don't know why you all have'nt been getting them. I get them alot every day. Usally at the top of the hour on the store page. Also sometimes you can see them anywhere in the store sections. I'm also from the US.
  • leelujackleelujack Posts: 384 Member
    edited July 2014
    Ive only seen these ads a couple of times on the site and its when when im logged out, when i log in its gone.I have also seen it in my launcher but when i click on it doesnt work. i have been sitting on the store pages going to different pages refreshing ect at different times of the day for over a week and nothing for me :( I live in Australia so i am unsure at what time is best to be stalking the pages or even if it is available to me.
    4s4partypalacewin.jpg

My Gallery Link

._.·´)¯)£è룵(¯(`·._.

• hyegalhyegal Posts: 238 Member
    edited July 2014
    The ad button has started showing up for me whenever I'm not logged in as well. I don't know if that's an intentional change, but as far as I can tell, if you're not logged in the button is nonfunctional. It still gets my hopes up for a moment every time, though. :P

I'm in the U.S., so I'm afraid I don't know about the state of Australian ads. All I can say is that I usually have the best luck if I'm browsing around through the store and looking at many different things.

It seems to help if I give every page a few seconds after it's done loading before I click on a new link or anything. The ads sometimes don't appear right away, even if the browser looks like it's finished. From what I've seen it seems like the code for the button loads with every store page, but remains invisible unless there's an ad. Maybe changing the visibility is an operation subject to lag?

Wishing you luck with getting more ads.