Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Issues with the New WW SimPoints Ads-Post Here

Comments

• moman2kidsmoman2kids Posts: 60 New Member
    edited March 2014
    Does anyone know why I can only get them on AOL desktop? I keep trying firefox, google chrome, & Internet Explorer & no button at all.
  • KittyKat8103KittyKat8103 Posts: 873 Member
    edited March 2014
    I see them on Firefox. Maybe it's the version? I have version 27.0.1.
    You may call me Danielle or KittyKat, whichever you prefer, I like them both :P
    My Page - My Studio - My Sims 3 FB Page
    2zxozcx.png
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    edited March 2014
    I haven't been seeing that banner on the store page. And five bonus points doesn't seem like a whole lot to me. Oh well, they will add up over time. Just like pennies, nickles, and dimes do. :D
  • moman2kidsmoman2kids Posts: 60 New Member
    edited March 2014
    I have that version & nothing.
  • KittyKat8103KittyKat8103 Posts: 873 Member
    edited March 2014
    That's weird that it works for some but not others. Do you happen to have the adblocker add-on installed on your Firefox? That might prevent them from popping up.

Also, for me, I have to constantly look for them most of the time, they're so random, I don't know if that has to do with the browser or not.
    You may call me Danielle or KittyKat, whichever you prefer, I like them both :P
    My Page - My Studio - My Sims 3 FB Page
    2zxozcx.png
  • EMAN351972EMAN351972 Posts: 79 Member
    edited March 2014
    I've been getting them at different times sometimes 3 adds and sometimes 10 but when I use the launcher I keep getting script errors.
    You only live once make the most of it :D
    n0205.gif
    Pictures, Images[/img]
  • ragan651ragan651 Posts: 268 Member
    edited March 2014
    I'm getting them on Firefox (albeit with lots of patience and frustration). Do you have adblock installed?
    e9sNIxd.jpg

Wishlist | The O'Kelly Saga | The Strange Case of Thomas Black | My goals: Coffee Bean Loft, Eloquently Ecclectic Collection
  • KarilynMonroe2KarilynMonroe2 Posts: 1,463 Member
    edited March 2014
    I lost count of how many ads i watched today. I know it was more than 5 maybe 10. Just when I thought I got them all the ad popped up again. Pretty much every time I visit the store page I am able to watch a few ads. It does not always pay though and I wonder if there is still a limit of how much you can earn? Now that they only pay 5 simpoints, does that mean you can watch 10 ads to get your 50 sp limit?
  • kateoverendkateoverend Posts: 7,985 Member
    edited March 2014
    mcrudd wrote:
    I got one yesterday, but today they are a no show. Some people said they are getting up to 120 simpoints a day. I get 5 one day and 0 the next :lol:
    Hello Mel :) I saw one ad yesterday and got 5 simpoints. Today, 26 hours later, and I have seen my second ad. I now have another 5 simpoints. I cannot see any more however... Maybe we in NZ are only entitled to one ad for 5 simpoints each day...?
    rnKEhBT.png
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,282 Member
    edited March 2014
    I lost count of how many ads i watched today. I know it was more than 5 maybe 10. Just when I thought I got them all the ad popped up again. Pretty much every time I visit the store page I am able to watch a few ads. It does not always pay though and I wonder if there is still a limit of how much you can earn? Now that they only pay 5 simpoints, does that mean you can watch 10 ads to get your 50 sp limit?

Some people have gotten 300 simpoints in one day. So there is no limit as of right now. I just think it goes by how much is in the sponsors ads inventory.
  • CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited March 2014
    I actually went from being nice kind and patient to outright angry.Reason why is first I used to get the points now cannot at all.Second the anger is the fact that the best daily deals have been happening lately and most of which I could have gotten with the little pushes from these ads.Have you noticed daily deals selling out lately at about 70 percent off.And now people are getting upwards of 160 sp a day, some more.I get zero and tried refreshing trying new browsers etc.Uses chrome BTW.I know I play this game way to much so would have noticed them and stuff so its deffinately not user fault or oh you prolly just missed them is all.Grrrr EA fix this
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • brandi22brandi22 Posts: 3,949 Member
    edited March 2014
    Thank you for reporting the issues and questions. I have updated my OP to reflect the various issues that are ongoing. Is everybody who gets the ads getting their points within 24 hours?
    My Wishlist on Origin:
    https://www.origin.com/usa/en-us/view-wishlist/koYQDL6TzKT18Z3EiX.RDw--
    To see my Sims, Builds, etc Click "My Studio":
    MY STUDIO
  • Jimboola11Jimboola11 Posts: 1,850 Member
    edited March 2014
    If you have Ad-Blocker you have to allow for this site. Top of the page - Tools - ad block...

I am only getting 2 a day. Not sure why. Wish it was more and I wish so many were not for a product to 'loosen your stools'. :(

Also it turns up on your launcher too. Anyone know why?
  • LatteCrabLatteCrab Posts: 2,935 Member
    edited March 2014
    lisasc360 wrote:
    Some people have gotten 300 simpoints in one day.
    :shock:
    :evil:
    :roll:
    (nothing left to say)
    Jimboola11 wrote:
    Also it turns up on your launcher too. Anyone know why?
    Launcher Ad button (IF there are ads available) opens up your default browser to this: (I keep it bookmarked) :lol:
    http://store.thesims3.com/?source=bblauncher
    It always did show up on launcher, IF there were ever any ads AVAILABLE. :D
    Now it's just a mess game of "cat & mouse"...
    Maybe we in NZ are only entitled to one ad for 5 simpoints each day...?
    Hi Kate! No, noting to do w/ limits of WHERE you are.
    It's a "hit or miss" w/ these ads now.
    Today was the 1st time I saw any ads show since Monday.
    I got 3 ads this morning, then was busy w/ something else. Saw another one later.
    20 sp total for past 3 days :(
    I guess its better than no points at all. Which is what they are counting on us thinking.
    I feel like such a "doggie doing tricks for bones!" :evil:
    So late last night, when I came back home, I didn't even bother looking.
    Watched a movie instead. :mrgreen:
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    edited March 2014
    EMAN351972 wrote:
    I've been getting them at different times sometimes 3 adds and sometimes 10 but when I use the launcher I keep getting script errors.

Same for me lately as well.
    So far just two today on different areas of site.

As I work full time the chance of locating them are random.
    I like to use my play time actually playing.

Still nice to get them again though.

The script error on my launcher just started happening again recently as well.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • ragan651ragan651 Posts: 268 Member
    edited March 2014
    I haven't ever had a delay in points. They are added before the ad's popup is closed.
    e9sNIxd.jpg

Wishlist | The O'Kelly Saga | The Strange Case of Thomas Black | My goals: Coffee Bean Loft, Eloquently Ecclectic Collection
  • tigertotstigertots Posts: 1,865 Member
    edited March 2014
    Was watching an advert when the DD changed, and as it auto refreshed the page, the advert just disappeared :shock:
  • SimbolicSimbolic Posts: 925 Member
    edited March 2014
    Much to my shock being in the uk, for the first time ever today I got the option to watch ads & get simpoints. :shock:

Thank you sims store for making them available over here :-)

I saw them on the Make me an offer page.
  • MartuniMartuni Posts: 702 Member
    edited March 2014
    When I posted previously, it didn't seem worth the hunt. However, today I was able to click on the free points box three times fairly quickly just by refreshing the page and then looking at another buy item. The box popped up and worked each time. So 15 points - yay!

So my new method will be to check some buy items whenever I'm online here, and take what I can easily get. :)
  • AnarchhAnarchh Posts: 122 New Member
    edited March 2014
    I've found 3 this morning, things seem better since I am using the Opera browser for it, but they do take a bit more hunting for. I saw that Jack in the Box bacon burger ad twice today - I have to go out and get one now. See sponsors!! It's working!! :lol:
  • LatteCrabLatteCrab Posts: 2,935 Member
    edited March 2014
    Anarchh wrote:
    I saw that Jack in the Box bacon burger ad twice today - I have to go out and get one now.
    I was only able to see 3 ads this morning. :roll:
    It would have been 4, but it disappeared a second after it started playing. :(
    BTW, I never saw a commercial for that place, but I would NEVER eat there.
    (sorry sponsors).
    Ever since I heard about the child that died from their undercooked burger.
    There was also more than one case of death & food poisoning from that chain.
    Be careful! :?
  • AnarchhAnarchh Posts: 122 New Member
    edited March 2014
    Anarchh wrote:
    I saw that Jack in the Box bacon burger ad twice today - I have to go out and get one now.
    I was only able to see 3 ads this morning. :roll:
    It would have been 4, but it disappeared a second after it started playing. :(
    BTW, I never saw a commercial for that place, but I would NEVER eat there.
    (sorry sponsors).
    Ever since I heard about the child that died from their undercooked burger.
    There was also more than one case of death & food poisoning from that chain.
    Be careful! :?

I had a small flash of good sense on my way out and walked to the nice market instead where I got the fixings for my own bacon cheeseburgers, and more! Saw an ad for some patio furniture when I got home and the whole time I was thinking "too bad this is REAL furniture, my Sims would really like it" :lol: I've had one not give me points so far, the rest have been right away, but maybe they will turn up later.
  • brandi22brandi22 Posts: 3,949 Member
    edited March 2014
    Bump
    My Wishlist on Origin:
    https://www.origin.com/usa/en-us/view-wishlist/koYQDL6TzKT18Z3EiX.RDw--
    To see my Sims, Builds, etc Click "My Studio":
    MY STUDIO
  • RockleyfamilyRockleyfamily Posts: 5,730 Member
    edited March 2014
    Haven't had simpoints yet either. Maybe they forgot about Ireland :( I'll keep searching for them :)
  • dragon114dragon114 Posts: 1,203 Member
    edited March 2014
    got more then the normal today and still going. just refresh the same page over and over and it should work.