Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"Hogwarts Forever"- | A new Harry Potter world for Sims 3, by Hogwarts' Architect

tumblr_static_tfdjyrsesdjmbvhter_copy.jpg

HOGWARTS+FOREVER.jpg

Yes there is a letter from Hogwarts to you!

A new Harry Potter World for Sims 3, with Hogwarts Castle, Hogsmeade Village and the Grounds - "Hogwarts Forever"- is AVAILABLE to everyone!! For the Architect this project finished right now, and he would like that you continue his job.

Because only Hogwarts can live forever!

Screenshot-61+copy.jpg

watch this inhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3K-19m5t7Q
http://hogwartsarchitect.blogspot.pt/

Comments

• hogwartsarchitethogwartsarchitet Posts: 11 New Member
    edited March 2014
    This is the most accurate Harry Potter world created for Sims 3. Strictly based on the architecture of Hogwarts of Harry Potter books, games and movies.

Who wants to play it, I advise to use the same version of Sims 3 game I used (1.42.130) + the two expansion packs I needed to this: World Adventures + Seasons Pack.

Screenshot-97+-+C%C3%B3pia+copy.jpg

I tried to create as many spaces as possible. So, you can find, outside, Hogwarts grounds, the Quidditch Pitch, Owlery, Hagrid's Hut!

Screenshot-93.jpg

Hogwarts Grounds

Screenshot-26.jpg

Entrance Courtyard

Screenshot-83.jpg

Clock Tower Courtyartd

Screenshot-191.jpg

Quidditch Pitch

Screenshot-200.jpg

Hagrid's Hut

tumblr_mhyz0n4oLk1s2p7hwo3_1280.jpg

Stone Circle

Screenshot-198.jpg

Owlery

Inside the castle, were created all the most emblematic spaces that exist at Hogwarts, such as the Great Hall, Grand Staircase, Dumbledore's and Umbridge's Office, Gryffindor and Slytherin Common Room, Hospital Wing, Charms, Potions, DADA, Herbology and Transfiguration Classroom, Prefects and Myrtle's Bathroom, Portrait Gallery!

Screenshot-16.jpg

Me :)

Screenshot-173.jpg

Great Hall

Screenshot-153.jpg

Grand Staircase

Screenshot-30.jpg

Transfiguration Classroom

Screenshot-48.jpg

Gryffindor Common Room

Screenshot-68.jpg

Myrtle's Bathroom

Screenshot-47.jpg

Portrait Gallery

Screenshot-107.jpg

Dumbledore's Office

Screenshot-143.jpg

Slytherin Common Room

Screenshot-138.jpg

Prefects' Bathroom

Screenshot-38.jpg

Charms Classroom

And also the Chamber of Secrets! :D

Yes, Hogsmeade Village is algo available, so, you are welcome to visit Three Bromsticks, Zonko’s and HoneyDuke’s and much more!!

Screenshot-62.jpg

Hogsmeade Village

Screenshot-63.jpg

Three Broomsticks

tumblr_mhyydkHgWQ1s2p7hwo1_1280.jpg

Shrieking Shack

tumblr_mhyxxwd2JN1s2p7hwo1_1280.jpg

Zonko’s and HoneyDuke’s

Screenshot-64.jpg

Residential Area

Screenshot-87.jpg

Market Place

watch this in http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3K-19m5t7Q
    [url] http://hogwartsarchitect.blogspot.pt/[/url]
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • tammyjo329tammyjo329 Posts: 2,747 Member
    edited March 2014
    This looks awesome! Is it CC free? Did you use any store items? and if so which ones?
    edited March 2014
    tammyjo329 wrote:
    This looks awesome! Is it CC free? Did you use any store items? and if so which ones?

Yes, this is totally free! You don't need any store items, because many of the custom items are new meshes made by me. For example the portraits in Grand Staircase are REALLY Hogwarts Portraits, converted from PS2 Harry Potter and Order of the Phoenix game! :) Some meshes were converted to TS3 from Yolartut conversions, like Hogwarts lights.

http://hogwartsarchitect.blogspot.pt/
    watch this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3K-19m5t7Q
  • juncedajunceda Posts: 2,614 Member
    edited March 2014
    Hi hogwartsarchitet!

Your work is great, just to say, these new meshes "made by you" and those convertions etc are what CC is (custom conten) so your world is not CC free, it is store (EA extra items) free but this is not what has everybody frightenned of, it is CC "made by you" with third party tools and ressources what people don´t trust.
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

I can play at last TS2 TS3 and TS4 So great that toddlers are here!!!
    edited March 2014
    Hi EswenRaedself!

I was not meaning anything against CC, it is well known I am personally great fan of CC, better free CC than tons of store items I do not have and don´t want to buy spending hundreds of Euros for EA, or the items will be replaced in the EA way (everybody knows the way EA replacements go).

I use plenty of CC and mods, in package format, in sims3pack format, in my worlds in my buildings etc, and never had any issue uploading exporting installing or playing that was due to the CC (virtual memory problems, updating issues... but once these were fixed I went on with the CC still installed)

Just one time long ago with a pair of high boots and one Tshirt missasigned for all sims that were very difficult to uninstall (I found them and deleted) and used to be selected by EA for the new borns (where the choices are very few and the ramdom EA uses gave them more than 60% of probability) giving them a monstruous appearance.

But people with virtual memory problems just see that with the CC (CC uses at times a great deal of memory to render and transferr) they have a problem and if they delete it, the problem disappears and they think it is the CC which gives the problem and not that it is the virtual memory, so when the game crushes on them they don´t know what happened...
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

edited April 2014
    Yes, I know, my Harry Potter world for Sims 3 had lots of errors and problems. Now, I fixed them all, Hogsmeade Village is now complete!!,
    with shops like Zonko's and HoneyDukes with interiors (not only the facade). In Hogsmeade you can work in some lots like the Ministery of Magic (city hall), Burgin an Burkes or St. Mungus Hospital. Now you can really live in Hogsmeade Village!!! :D

This is what you can find in Hogsmeade of "Hogwarts Forever":

tumblr_n3glitmmp41s2p7hwo3_1280.jpg

D... H... a nectary- Three Broomsticks and Madam Puddifoot's tea store.
    G... a small shop- HoneyDukes where you can buy any thing you want.
    G... L... a relics store- Zonko's where you can buy relics from all over the world.
    G... L... a elixir store- Burgin and Burkes, where you can buy ingredients for your potions (if you have Supernatural)
    I... a city hall- Ministery of Magic
    E... a hospital- St Mungus Hospital
    J... a big market- in this Market, with a lot of tents where your sims can have fun!

In Hogwarts Castle I've fixed too the accessibilities among the diverse spaces: now it's really easy walk on the castle and live inside it!

The Hogwarts Castle is divided by the different needs:

tumblr_n3glitmmp41s2p7hwo10_1280.jpg

H...the residencial area is the Grand Staircase, where are the common rooms, hospital wing and Prefect's Bathroom. You can live also in Hagrid's Hut!!
    F...the kithen and dining room is the Great Hall, where you can cook at the kitchens and eat in the Great Hall.
    J...the "living room" is the Classrooms Area, where you can learn all the skills - if you have Supernatural expansion pack, of course you can learn magic in Charms, Transfiguration and Potions Classrooms, and create magic plants in Herbology GreenHouses. And attention!! Here is also the entrance to the Chamber of Secrets! Can you find it?
    E...a music space in the Clock Tower, where are the school choir practice :)
    B...a sports area in the Quidditch Picth, where you can practice flying on broom. (with Supernatural)
    G...a fishing zone in the BoatHouse

You can also visit the graveyard, where Dumbledore lies and the Hogwarts' Gates, where Filch hid some Muggle objects :)

tumblr_n3glitmmp41s2p7hwo2_1280.jpg

To download this world you need Sims 3 World Adventures + Seasons Pack.

IF YOU PREFER, you can choose a second version of Hogwarts Forever for Supernatural + World Adventures + Seasons. Of course this is a most complete way to enjoy this Harry Potter world: in this versions, lots of magical objects were added to all lots!!

tumblr_n3gptddX9b1s2p7hwo1_400.jpg
    tumblr_n3gplwDQGq1s2p7hwo1_400.jpg

edited April 2014
    Include also a lot of Hogwarts Portraits, converted from Order of the Phoenix PS2 game!

tumblr_n3glitmmp41s2p7hwo5_1280.jpg
  • FurryFur7FurryFur7 Posts: 3
    edited April 2014
    Absolutely gorgeous!!! Reminds me so much of my old PC game :)

I have a question though: I like to take photos of my Sims - would it be alright if I took some photos of them in this world? You would be credited of course.
    edited April 2014
    FurryFur7 wrote:
    Absolutely gorgeous!!! Reminds me so much of my old PC game :)

I have a question though: I like to take photos of my Sims - would it be alright if I took some photos of them in this world? You would be credited of course.

Thank you! Of course you can use my world as scenery for your sims. That's it, I love to feel that harry potter universe is still so alive! :)
    edited April 2014
    Alive and kicking, especially with the new movies coming out :)

I look forward to taking pictures in this beautiful world!

However, I'm unfortunately having a few issues - it crashes when I try to go into edit town to place my sims in, or when I try to save the game. I currently have all EP (+ Dragon Valley, Midnight Hollow, and Monta Vista), and my game is up to date (Patch 1.67.2 ) so I'm not sure if it's my patch or the extra EPs that are the issues, or if it's something else :S
  • tilatequilaismtilatequilaism Posts: 819
    edited April 2014
    Looks amazing! your attention to detail is great!

Will be downloading for sure. How much do you have left to go?
    edited April 2014
    FurryFur7 wrote:
    Alive and kicking, especially with the new movies coming out :)

I look forward to taking pictures in this beautiful world!

However, I'm unfortunately having a few issues - it crashes when I try to go into edit town to place my sims in, or when I try to save the game. I currently have all EP (+ Dragon Valley, Midnight Hollow, and Monta Vista), and my game is up to date (Patch 1.67.2 ) so I'm not sure if it's my patch or the extra EPs that are the issues, or if it's something else :S

It's really strange you cannot edit the town... I had installed three expansion packs (world adventures, seasons, supernatural). My version was 1.50.56 (the same of university life - a bit old, I know). Could be this?
  • sharonxyzsharonxyz Posts: 811 Member
    edited April 2014
    I extracted all the install files into packages. I am left with a package folder with well over 100 packages and with the save folder.

This was the entire download from mediafire, the one including supernatural.

I believe there needs to be a world file, am I wrong? Hoping for a response by one of our experts :)

Thank you in advance.

sharonxyz
    edited April 2014
    Hi sharonxyz!

I have not downloaded this world but reading the creator instructions from his blog, you should have a .sims3pack file with the name of the world, that you have to place in the sims3/downloads folder; (this will be the bigest one)

Then you place all the package files in your sims3/mod/package/... folder, or if you don´t have one coppy/past the one that the creator has suministrated "all in one" sims3/mod/...

Then the save folder (all in one) should go into the sims3/saves/... folder;

Now go to the launcher downloads tab and you will find the world to install. Once you have installed the world, you can play both the save you have downloaded or start a new one from the worlds tab.

Hope it helps, happy simming

BTW Great work hogwartsarchitet, though I don´t play Harry Potter games this looks a very nice one!
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

• sharonxyzsharonxyz Posts: 811 Member
    edited April 2014
    Hi Junceda!

The pictures and video are beautiful, and that is why I downloaded both versions to try to find a world file...but sadly, no file is over a few kbs and none have the name of the world.

If anyone knows where the world file is, I'd like to know!

Thank you in advance :)

just a note: I used Delphy's package extractor and honestly, all files are cc. I can put the file of them in my mods folder, but I'd only use the launcher to install a world file and there is none to be found. Seriously, if anyone can prove me wrong, I welcome the correction.
    edited April 2014
    Hi sharonxyz

I´ve downloaded the mediafire versión, trying to help you (I have not a box acount)

this is what I found

1_zpsabe7ea96.png

inside the downloads folder I found this

2_zpse24d5bbd.png

Can you see the world sims3pack framed in black at the top of the list?

this is the world file, all the other files are CC you should install also if you want the world as the creator made it, though I think that if these ítems are in the world they will be installed with it.

Then there is the mod folder, I told you earlier what to do with it...

The same about the saves folder, open it and take the save folder that is inside to your own saves folder in your game.

My rar program is in spanish but it is easy to identify everything in the images I think, if this does not help you I don´t know what more to say...

Good luck
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

• JennyMoonlightJennyMoonlight Posts: 421 New Member
    edited May 2014
    You've got a couple of key spelling errors that I just noticed, and I'm sorry this is the first I've seen of this project, so I apologize if my corrections come too late to be of any service. Nevertheless, in the interest of accuracy:

It's St. Mungo's, not St. Mungus. The full name of the hospital is St. Mungo's Hospital for Magical Maladies and Injuries.

It's Borgin & Burkes, not Burgin and Burkes.

edited May 2014
    I believe that may be the issue - maybe an updated patch version will work?
  • FridayBlackFridayBlack Posts: 1
    edited June 2014
    I am having the same exact problem as FurryFur7 - has someone found a fix for this issue? Your world is just incredible- too good not to explore. :)
  • AlesadoraAlesadora Posts: 5
    edited July 2014
    I want to play this so bad, but it just crashes when I try to do anything. If I enter any of the areas in Hogwarts it crashes, if I try to edit the town it crashes, if I try to just play the game like normal it crashes...it's a really great world and I would absolutely love to play since I'm a huge Harry Potter fan. Too bad I didn't discover it earlier.
  • DelsDels Posts: 289 Member
    edited July 2014
    Great work !
    I really like the atmosphere of your surroundings and monumental buildings.
  • BrittanyBoomerBrittanyBoomer Posts: 256 Member
    edited August 2014
    Oh this is just wonderul, and gorgeous, and my sims life is now complete!
  • chandiechandie Posts: 1 New Member
    It doesn't work by me because when i download it i get this as a rar file but than i cannot do anything else with the file
  • gammergirl0221gammergirl0221 Posts: 1 New Member
    are you allowed to download it? because I cant figure out how. can someone please help me
  • Shadecaster101Shadecaster101 Posts: 1,343 Member
    edited January 2015
    @gammergirl0221‌

I found this on his blog. It's the download. The blog is linked on the first page.
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/enm04pe4z4m85ug/Hogwarts_Forever_2.0.rar

OR you can use

https://app.box.com/s/4k3po76136ghbtz2oddx