Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

❤Art of Love - A Couple Competition - Finale Scores and Competition Winner is up!

munchkinprincessmunchkinprincess Posts: 1,212 New Member
edited March 8 in Nominated Threads
1_zps98795167.jpg

“I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where. I love you simply, without problems or pride: I love you in this way because I do not know any other way of loving but this, in which there is no I or you, so intimate that your hand upon my chest is my hand, so intimate that when I fall asleep your eyes close.”
― Pablo Neruda

Welcome to art of love, a photography couple competition.

In this competition you will work your way through each assignment with love.

Each assignment you will be giving an aspect/activity to show through your couple's way of doing it.

Applications will be open till a substantial amount of contestants enter.

Same sex couples allowed!

Creativity will get you far.

2_zpsb3073e4e.jpg
14285771367_7fb6d000b3_o.jpg

Contestants

Cyan with Poppy Russel + Anton Vandale
Samm with Kathleen Patterson + Damian Gage

Checked in

Assignment submitted

3_zpsfd814323.jpg

Untitled-2_zpse353fc1d.jpg13473524364_e1bbdfa9a9_o.jpg

4_zpsb30163be.jpg

. Please do not enter is you are likely to drop or be a no show.
. No photo-skinning/face plastering
. No picture re-takes unless I instruct you to for whatever reason.
. No putting yourself or other contestants work down.
. If need extension let me know 24 hours before deadline - only a considerable amount of extensions per contestant.
. Assignments will be due in GMT time.
. Both members of your couple must be Ya.
. CC and Editing both allowed and encouraged.

5_zps607c1d5a.jpg

Couple's appearances: -/10
Pose: /5
Set: -/5
Requirements met: -/5
Creativity: -/15
Overall Picture: -/10

Comments:
-/50
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• munchkinprincessmunchkinprincess Posts: 1,212 New Member
    edited June 2014
    Assignments_zps25052f7c.jpg

Finale

First of all congratulations to our two finalists on well, making it to the finals!
    This finale will be a two parter. I can't wait to see how you do!

Part 1 - Simple

For part 1 of the finale we want you to take a photo-shoot like picture of your couple on a blank background.
    The key to this picture is to show the love between your sims through posing alone.

Inspiration
    venture.png

Requirements

◎ Both your models must be shown in the picture.
    ◎ Must be on plain background.
    ◎ Must be a mid shot picture.
    ◎ must have thin black border.

Part two - Looking to the future

For part two of the finale we want you to show your sims future. Let us know what happens to them, we are dying to know!

Inspiration
    Ila_Newborn-106-2390575702-O.jpg

Requirements

◎ Both your models must be shown in the picture.
    ◎ Has to be on a set (so no plain backgrounds)
    ◎ Can be any type of photo (mid shot bodyshot etc.)
    ◎ must have thin black border.

Due Saturday 28th June!

Part 1: eryetwet_zpsfdcb09c1.png
    Part 2: kekekeke_zps85d1eba8.png

Part 1: ipmnol.jpg
    Part 2: 242dk68.jpg

Past assignment winners

MOCK - First Meeting.

Bebs with Paloma Sarin + Peach Mcleé
    They met each other in the park, and started talking due to their mutual taste in literature.

Assignment 1 - Transport

Assignment 2 - Outdoors

Samm with Kathleen Patterson + Damian Gage - Urban

Assignment 3 - Lusty

Neiph with Somuku + Eli

Assignment 4 - Around the world

Lovin with Autumn Riley + Hunter Williams - Paris

Assignment 5 - Seasons

Samm with Kathleen Patterson + Damian Gage - Summer

Assignment 6 - Vintage

wewrg_zps7d61330c.png
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    edited June 2014
    13603320263_8cc67c6b75_o.jpg

Now we are sadly at the end of this competition and it is time to reveal the scores. First up will be the scores for the finale assignments, these will just be the same as every other assignment (judged by judges). After the scores for the finale I will be revealing the over all scores (Judges scores for each of the two finale assignments + each of the judges scores for portfolio + 50 points to the winner of the best finale assignment + 50 points to the winner of best portfolio. I wish you both the best of luck. You have both done so well throughout the competition and kept your standards up right through.

Final Assignment Scores.

1st Place
    eryetwet_zpsfdcb09c1.png"width=350"kekekeke_zps85d1eba8.png"width=350"

13603823243_12ee7d73cb_o.png
    Part 1 -

Couple's appearances: 8/10
    Pose: 5/5
    Set: 5/5
    Requirements met: 5/5
    Creativity: 14/15
    Overall Picture: 9/10
    Total: 46/50

Cyan I love this picture, I just can't explain it. I think it's the pose the way he is telling her to shh like he is about to say something romantic. Also once again you stuck to your sims style which is something I have applauded you for right through the competition.

Part 2 -

Couple's appearances: 8/10
    Set: 3/5
    Creativity: 12/15
    Overall Picture: 8/10
    Total: 41/50

Cyan I love Poppy and antons kids, they are just the sweetest (especially the little boy) Your house looks like the perfect house for your couples, grown up but still funky. The only thing about this photo is it wasn't as creative as it could have been.

13603652695_0f25a7254e_o.png

Part 1 -

Couple's appearances: 10/10
    Overall Picture: 10/10
    Total: 49/50

I absolutely love this! I love the colors and just the fact that it’s simple. I love how they’re looking into each others eyes, and how you went with this approach rather than an usual kissing pose.

Part 2 -

Couple's appearances: 9/10
    Creativity: 13/15
    Total: 46/50

Another great assignment! I love that you did a simple household set, although it wasn’t the most creative. I really like that you went with posing the children rather than them just sitting there. My only complaint is that I wish one of the parents were interacting with a child. Then again, I can see that they’re like that because she’s pregnant, right? Haha, either way it worked. Good job!

Overall : 182/200

2nd Place
    ipmnol.jpg"width=350"242dk68.jpg"width=350"

13603823243_12ee7d73cb_o.png

Part 1 -

Couple's appearances: 7/10
    Total: 45/50

Samm I love how they are having fun and laughing. They look very at ease with each other enough to joke around and laugh. The only downside to this photo for me was the point that it was to much grey especially against a white background.

Part 2 -

Pose: 4/5
    Set: 4/5
    Overall Picture: 8/10
    Total: 43/50

Samm I love this photo, I love how they are at summery place which was a bit of a favourite with kathleen and damian earlier on in life. I love the styling and how damian is interacting with your youngest. The only thing bothering me is that kathleen looks older where as damian still looks quite young!

13603652695_0f25a7254e_o.png

Part 1 -

Total: 45/50

I love the happiness feeling I get from this photo. I love how happy they look together, and how her red lips and hair pop. My only complaint is her eyes look a little weird to me, especially the one furthest away. Nothing major, great job!

Part 2 -

couple's appearances: 9/10
    Overall Picture: 10/10
    Total: 44/50

I’m immediately drawn to this picture. I love how you went with a beach and how Damian is interacting with the little one, It’s adorable! I also like how Kathleen is pretty much relaxing. Good job!

Overall : 177/200

NOW FOR THE WINNER OF THE COMPETITION............

nearly

First Place is.....

367.5/400

Samm you are the winner of Art of Love Cycle One with 367.5 points out of a possible 400.

You were awarded..

177 points for your points for the finale judging by the judges
    43.5 points from Taylor for your overall portfolio
    47 points from Me for your overall portfolio
    50 points for winning the Publics vote for best finale assignments
    50 points for winning the Publics vote for the best overall portfolio.

Congratulations again Samm. It was Great having you compete and watching you grow better as each assignment came and went.

Signature:

14565208833_567177e3a9_o.png

Link for it is:
    [img]https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5594/14565208833_567177e3a9_o.png[/img]

Second Place is...

276/400

Cyan you are the first runner up of Art of Love Cycle one with 276 points out of a possible 400.

You were awarded..

182 points for your points for the finale judging by the judges
    46 points from Taylor for your overall portfolio
    48 points from Me for your overall portfolio

Congratulations cyan on getting second place, it was great having you as part of this competition and judging your photos (even though sometimes it was super difficult too)

Signature:

14565209043_70e3bd1b30_o.png

Link for it is:
    [img]https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3882/14565209043_70e3bd1b30_o.png[/img]

edited March 2014
    edited March 2014
    First place prize,- a siggy, couple pose of your choice (made for you) and a judging spot on my next competition.
    Second place prize - a siggy and a couple pose of your choice (made for you)
    Third place - a siggy.
  • TayTay4899TayTay4899 Posts: 2,092 Member
    edited March 2014
    I can post right? :roll: I'd love to help judge. :)
    SIggie_zpsteudom1n.gif
    edited March 2014
    Sure you can apply.. I still need to clean up the top bit but it's fine to apply already :3
    edited March 2014
    Sure you can apply.. I still need to clean up the top bit but it's fine to apply already :3

Alrighty! I'll have it in a bit! I love the idea of a couple comp, I haven't seen one in while. Is there anything specific you want the headshot to have besides a white background? :3
    SIggie_zpsteudom1n.gif
    edited March 2014
    nope just as long as it has white backdrop to fit in :)
    edited March 2014
    Bumping for people to see.
    edited March 2014
    Bump.
  • PrincessLala14PrincessLala14 Posts: 29,231 Member
    edited March 2014
    Reserve me? I'll have my entry up later today or tomorrow :)
    purple_flowers_39.jpg
    edited March 2014
    Reserve me? I'll have my entry up later today or tomorrow :)

Sure thing :)
  • BobSkellingtonBobSkellington Posts: 9,206 Member
    edited March 2014
    This looks really awesome, can't wait for everything to come together, uhm, do you need a judge? c:

I don't know, though. I'll let you know. I want to be apart of this somehow, but I don't do couples competitions. I don't have the skill for it.
    :mrgreen:
    Beauty obtains attention, but personality is what captures the heart. ♥
    sox3c8.jpg
    edited March 2014
    Finally able to get this up!

judge entry form.

Username: Taytay4899

Preffered name: Tay

Judging experiance: I've been modeling now since July. I've hosted a competition that ended a few weeks back. I've competed in numerous comps and have came in 1st in Model Moment Cycle 1, and others I've came around 4th and 3rd. So I know what to look for and how to judge ect. :-)
    headshot(white background):

21p01aw.jpg
    SIggie_zpsteudom1n.gif
    edited March 2014
    TayTay4899 wrote:

judge entry form.

Judging experiance: I've been modeling now since July. I've hosted a competition that ended a few weeks back. I've competed in numerous comps and have came in 1st in Model Moment Cycle 1, and others I've came around 4th and 3rd. So I know what to look for and how to judge ect. :-)

21p01aw.jpg

Thanks for that, You can be my judge:) I will have the mock up for every-one in the next few hours :)
    edited March 2014
    This looks really awesome, can't wait for everything to come together, uhm, do you need a judge? c:

I don't know, though. I'll let you know. I want to be apart of this somehow, but I don't do couples competitions. I don't have the skill for it.

I'm sure you do, you have such a great skill for everything sim related (from what I've seen) although if you really wish to judge you can apply and see...
    edited March 2014
    TayTay4899 wrote:

judge entry form.

21p01aw.jpg

Thanks for that, You can be my judge:) I will have the mock up for every-one in the next few hours :)

Sounds good, thank you! :)
    SIggie_zpsteudom1n.gif
    edited March 2014
    Mock assignment is posted.
    edited March 2014
    bump.
    edited March 2014

I'm sure you do, you have such a great skill for everything sim related (from what I've seen) although if you really wish to judge you can apply and see...

Thank you so much, I love your avatar, I think she's perfect, one of my favourite sims ever, I'd love to put her beauty to good use, if that's okay with you? :P

Thing is, I'm in so many competitions already, if this competition came out later, I would have given it a go. Everyone is making so many competitions. They should slow down. :P

Who knows, though. I could still join. I am tempted after all.:p:p:p
    sox3c8.jpg
    edited March 2014

Thank you so much, I love your avatar, I think she's perfect, one of my favourite sims ever, I'd love to put her beauty to good use, if that's okay with you? :P

Thing is, I'm in so many competitions already, if this competition came out later, I would have given it a go. Everyone is making so many competitions. They should slow down. :P

Ooh yeah my avatars my baby, I never actually made her myself some in the facebook community made her for me joining two years ago.

Yeah I think sign ups will be open for a while since it may take a while to get contestants since like you said everyone's already in a lot of competitions and stuff.
    edited March 2014

Ooh yeah my avatars my baby, I never actually made her myself some in the facebook community made her for me joining two years ago.

Yeah I think sign ups will be open for a while since it may take a while to get contestants since like you said everyone's already in a lot of competitions and stuff.

Is she available for download? I'll give you all the credit. She's so gorgeous! Omg. :P

People will join, you just have to give it some time, dear. I'll do my best to promote this for you? Maybe some of my friends will be interested? :shock:
    sox3c8.jpg
    edited March 2014

Is she available for download? I'll give you all the credit. She's so gorgeous! Omg. :P

People will join, you just have to give it some time, dear. I'll do my best to promote this for you? Maybe some of my friends will be interested? :shock:

Sadly not since technically she doesn't fully belong to me.. if she did I would let you use her, but can't sorry...

Yeah I hope they do :) oh thanks :) maybee..
  • OogieBoogieStixxOogieBoogieStixx Posts: 377 New Member
    edited March 2014
    Hello Hai, Please Reserve me this competition looks awesome, I will have my sub. and mock in a couple of hours :P And since I am the first Entry may I have a Non-Elimination Token? LAWL I'm just kidding :D
    I cant believe I over looked this, thank goodness Bob told me about this competition.
    edited March 2014
    Hello Hai, Please Reserve me this competition looks awesome, I will have my sub. and mock in a couple of hours :P And since I am the first Entry may I have a Non-Elimination Token? LAWL I'm just kidding :D
    I cant believe I over looked this, thank goodness Bob told me about this competition.

Reserved.
    haha :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top