Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build It And They Will Come - Task 3 up, Task 2 still open

Buildit_zpsd3ab5132.jpg
- a contest with multiple tasks!

21st July: Notice!!
Task 2 and Task 3 deadlines are 17th August

___
This is a a big one (eventually) and will end up with 5 different tasks (so 5 different contests really) in the end.
Running this as an architecture / design plan method of judging. Majority of the judging is done by your screenshots so make sure to "sell" your lot, design and ideas! There is a bit of writing, since the other bits of the judging is going off your descriptions and comments.

Task 1 - page 1
Task 2
Task 3
Task 4 - n/a
Task 5 - n/a

_______
General Rules:

- Be nice to others and their creations!
- 1 entry per person, per task unless otherwise stated.
- All expansion and stuff pack items allowed.
- Store items: not allowed unless otherwise stated in the Task information.
- No cc/cap.
- Entries must be your own creation, and must be made for this contest.
- Maximum of 5 pictures to be put in thread, link to any others. I recommend taking quite a few as majority of judging will be done via your screenshots!
- Limit editing of your entry form screenshots please, or provide links to original screenshots.
- Please don't quote pictures.
- Read all task information thoroughly. tasks may change some of these general rules and/or add their own.
- If you have a question, ask. There are no stupid/embarrassing questions!
- Make sure to fill out the entry form for each task.
- Be creative and Have Fun!

Judges and Sponsors:

Just little ol' me again ♥

Thankyou SummerFalls for getting together some banners for me :D

Edited to add this (22nd March)which I posted later in the thread a week or so ago but edited to add more

Entering Multiple Tasks? need ideas for places to put 20+ pictures?
Remember to take tons of screenshots of your entry because they count for 80% or more of the your scores so these ideas also suit people only entering one task.

If you plan on trying to enter all 5 tasks There are various ways I am accepting for entries to be "showcased" not on this thread, from here on this will be known as a Showcase Entry. The official entry form for each task must still be posted here, a link to your showcase entry must also be provided.

I will add more if people come up with something different that still works.

What are the entry formats and screenshot locations accepted?
1. Blog
2. website
3. Separate forum thread
4. sims 3 website movie (Ladydarkmoon24 did this for their task 1 entry and it is definitely acceptable, I had not known about how it works until today)
5. photobucket album/slideshow, deviantart gallery, Flickr album etc (make sure it is public access)

If you choose to use a blog, website or own forum thread etc for entries only one picture is needed for the entry form on this thread though the 5 pics is still nice.
An Entry form for each task must still be filled out.

Notes added 20th march: Please read
1. Task 1 is still open for entering for those still working on their builds! I am asking for progress reports within the next couple of days to judge whether another deadline extension will be beneficial for entrants.

2. Task 2 is also open for entries sometime today. This is because my schedule for the 5 tasks was poorly done and not giving people enough time for task 1. It will be corrected now and this should be the only time two tasks are open at once.

Comments

• LaellaLaella Posts: 519 Member
    edited July 2014
    Entries_zpsdf8b3cd9.jpg
    layout here is architect name - entry link , showcase , exchange link.

I am keeping each tasks' entries here as they are all marvelous builds.

Task 1 Architects:

Maggie The Peacock lounge : Showcase , Exchange

SummerFalls The Nexus : Photos , Exchange

Acebrs Ellingham's : Showcase , exchange

Rayna77 The Pier : showcase , exchange

Kkarichan Ruddy Harp Inn : gallery , exchange

ladydarkmoon24 Mystical Hangout : Movie slideshow , Exchange

CSIMSIE The BlockBuilder : Exchange

annasommer The Shamrock : photo album , Exchange

MizoreYukii The Horse Tavern and Inn : slideshow , exchange

Idontrcall The Prancing Pony : photo album , exchange

Sheldonly Old World Tavern : slideshow , exchange

Rosiefluxx The Pridelands Safari Inn & Watering Hole : photo album , exchange

Task 2 Architects

Rayna77
    Sunset Beach , beachfront lot : Showcase , Exchange

annasommer
    Andromeda Gardens , Botanical Garden : Pics! , Exchange

Kkarichan
    Fun in the tropical sun , Park : Exchange
    The County Faire , Festival Grounds : Exchange

Acebrs
    The Jordan House : garden, exchange

RosieFluxx
    Lakeside Park : park, exchange

Leelujack
    Futuristic community gardens: park, exchange
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    edited April 2014
    Winners_zps4ed272cb.jpg

Task 1:

Winner! 1500sp
    Rosiefluxx - The Pridelands Safari Inn & Watering Hole

Runner ups! 500sp each
    1: Idontrcall - The Prancing Pony
    2: Rayna77 - The Pier
    edited March 2014
    QampA_zpse8b44117.jpg
    If we enter, do we have to enter for all tasks? I may not have time to enter the first and probably second task.
    You do not need to enter every task, each task has individual prizes and requirements. Feel free to just enter the ones you can.
    edited March 2014
    TaskOne_zps8b5218d7.jpg
    Inn, Tavern, Pub, Bar, Saloon ... Whatever you call the business, they all offer the same thing: Juice and nectar available every day, with cheap food and lodgings.
    That's right architect guys and gals, your first task is to build one of these. Only requirements are:
    - Lot size 30x30 or 40x40
    - Lot type : Hangout or Local Watering Hole
    - Lodgings: they can be questionable, tiny, cramped, luxurious, spacious. There must be some sort of bathroom also.
    - Must be somewhere for Entertainment, Food and drinks. Can be put however you want as long as they are there.
    - Themed: western, medieval, fantasy/magic, gothic, steampunk, tropical, island/beach, hollywood, colour, pirates, futuristic, 80's, sport, mardi gras, luxury, french, egyptian, chinese etc
    - Store items are allowed for this task.
    - The rest of the look is all up to you!

Edited to add: - some screenshots with sims enjoying themselves are encouraged! sims may have cc, cap and poses if you want, they aren't a part of the task so they're free game.
    - Deadline extended on 12th march!

You have until 26th March 3pm AEST (Australian Eastern Standard Time)
    so close to midnight between 25th/26th for some of you who live in America. Sorry for the huge time zones mess up. Pretty much you have the entire day of the 25th to finish up, both hemispheres xD.

Prizes:
    winner - 1500sp
    runnerup - 500sp

Inspiration pics:
    aaa_zpsdb719857.jpgaab_zpscb4c2354.jpg
    aaf_zpsf24524c4.jpg
    aad_zps68d46563.jpg

Entry Form:

Architect:
    Lot Name:
    Lot Size:
    Theme:
    Description/Backstory:
    Design Comments:
    Where did you come up with your ideas? :
    Were there any ideas you had that you weren't able to place in the lot and why not?:
    5 Pictures:
    link to more pictures:
    Exchange link:
  • CSIMSIECSIMSIE Posts: 2,779 Member
    edited February 2014
    Dang! Final contest? That's a shame. But i do really love the idea. Awesome. Let's see if i can make something. :P :D
  • SummerFallsSummerFalls Posts: 6,413 Member
    edited February 2014
    *laughs like an evil sim*
    Puuuurfect.
    ooh_zpseebomb8i.png
    Origin ID: SummerFalls
    House: Ravenclaw/Wampus - Wand: Alder wood with Unicorn hair core 10 ¾" and Slightly Springy flexibility - Patronus: Neblung Cat
    | Simblr | Youtube | I love creating sims! |
    edited February 2014
    CSIMSIE wrote:
    Dang! Final contest? That's a shame. But i do really love the idea. Awesome. Let's see if i can make something. :P :D

Think of it as 5 contests all mashed into one thread. At the end of the 5 tasks I'll reveal why so many different contests are listed as tasks under one contest mwahaha.
    *laughs like an evil sim*
    Puuuurfect.

*laughs like a grumpy old witch*
  • MizoreYukiiMizoreYukii Posts: 6,566 Member
    edited February 2014
    *Bump*
    I'm sad it's your last one(s?) but I will think about joining. :D
    I have to do the Dionysus Temple and PPF CAS and House too. o_O
  • trishaanne1987trishaanne1987 Posts: 834 Member
    edited February 2014
    Hmmm this looks like fun! I have an idea already, hopefully I will have the time to join! :) But either way I'll be lurking for the awesome entries that will come ;)
    Sig01_zps4e22d2d0.jpg
  • 2Mahawk2Mahawk Posts: 1,151 Member
    edited February 2014
    Hi, Laella. Very interesting contest. I'm sorry to hear that it'll be your last one, though. Your contests rock!

I have a question. If we enter, do we have to enter for all tasks? I may not have time to enter the first and probably second task.

Thank you for hosting. :)
    edited February 2014
    2Mahawk wrote:
    Hi, Laella. Very interesting contest. I'm sorry to hear that it'll be your last one, though. Your contests rock!

I have a question. If we enter, do we have to enter for all tasks? I may not have time to enter the first and probably second task.

Thank you for hosting. :)

You do not need to enter every task, each task has individual prizes and requirements.

Notes:

On the final contest thing: I 100% sponsor all of my contests and the well is running dry, I saved for 6 months to do these :D. The last of my sims contest budget is going into this contest and my TV Families one. I really enjoy hosting so I hope that maybe by august or before sims 4 is released I can host some more but I can't guarantee it.
    I plan on hosting some just for fun contests for the sims 4 after it's released. I've also been tempted to throw a just for fun sims 2 contest too but I'll have to wait and see.

Do not take this as a plea for help sponsoring, that is not my intention. I can cover the prizes. This is simply to explain why this contest will likely be my last one.

I am also working on a good way to split each tasks' prizes into a beginner's section and a more experienced section. This of course will be dependent on how many entries each task receives.

I think I need to try and make some banners for this.. It's going to be around for a few months. *sighs at bad photoshop skills*
    edited February 2014
    You can do it Laella!

And i understand the final contest thing, and just see it as this; you actually hosted awesome contests. I'll never be able to host a contest, so be proud of yourself! :D
    edited March 2014
    *bumps*
  • SummerFallsSummerFalls Posts: 6,413 Member
    edited March 2014
    Drawing up designs now :D
    ooh_zpseebomb8i.png
    Origin ID: SummerFalls
    House: Ravenclaw/Wampus - Wand: Alder wood with Unicorn hair core 10 ¾" and Slightly Springy flexibility - Patronus: Neblung Cat
    | Simblr | Youtube | I love creating sims! |
    edited March 2014
    Notices:

Entering Multiple Tasks?
    If you plan on trying to enter all 5 tasks There are various ways I am accepting for entries to be "showcased" not on this thread, from here on this will be known as a Showcase Entry. The official entry form for each task must still be posted here, a link to your showcase entry must also be provided.

What are the entry formats accepted?
    1. This thread + link to more pictures
    2. Blog
    3. website
    4. Separate forum thread

If you choose to use a blog, website or own forum thread for entries only one picture is needed for the entry form on this thread.
    An Entry form for each task must still be filled out however the Description/Backstory and Design Comments sections may be incorporated into your showcase entry area instead of this thread.

WIP's!

Any works in progress pics and any questions asking for help with ideas / designs for your entry from the community are welcome on this thread! Always happy to see people giving each other feedback.

Task 1:

Deadline may possibly get extended if needed, but not by more then 4 days.

Task 2:

Preview of the next task! Parks and Gardens! This is just so people can plan in advance.Additional requirements will be added! lot sizes will not change.
    Lot size: 40x40, 50x50, 60x60 or 64x64
  • Coffefreak4LifeCoffefreak4Life Posts: 8,082 Member
    edited March 2014
    oh ive got a great idea for task one .
    edited March 2014
    Just jumping in to give a bump! This contest has tons of space for your creativity, really. I'm currently building on the tavern but became a bit afraid when i saw you had to tell where your idea came from :lol: You don't really want to know. Not anything bad or anything.
    edited March 2014
    I had someone tell me they were a little worried about entering this because English is their second language and they are worried they won't be able to make much sense and points would be deducted in judging for that. :shock: This is not the case!

I'm simply wanting to know a bit more about your design, also why I'm making this contest somewhat like I'm employing you guys as architects. I'm not expecting an essay :lol: , a couple of sentences or just points format is fine. I am not judging the writing bit by how good your English and spelling is, the writing part is that you did answer it and told me how you went about your ideas in your own words.

I am very good at deciphering what people are trying to tell me, my boyfriend's only language is English and trying to read stuff he writes is comparable to reading Egyptian hieroglyphics. I do not want anyone to feel embarrassed about anything they write.
    edited March 2014
    No, i understand :lol:

I am just a bit... ashamed of how i thought of the structure :lol:
  • AcebrsAcebrs Posts: 210 New Member
    edited March 2014
    Question about Task 1: What do you envision with lodging in the bar? I'm suffering from the equivalent of writer's block right now. In my mind I cannot think of any way to incorporate lodging with a bar unless I do an older time period, bed & breakfast, or small hotel with attached bar. The latter two do not seem to be what you are looking for. Do you mind elaborating a little bit more?
    edited March 2014
    Acebrs wrote:
    Question about Task 1: What do you envision with lodging in the bar? I'm suffering from the equivalent of writer's block right now. In my mind I cannot think of any way to incorporate lodging with a bar unless I do an older time period, bed & breakfast, or small hotel with attached bar. The latter two do not seem to be what you are looking for. Do you mind elaborating a little bit more?

Lodging is generally a place for a sim to sleep, the Nectary in france (World Adventures) has an upper-class, spacious version of this. But you knew that. All I'm after is for there to be at minimum 2 single beds somewhere in the tavern/bar/inn/pub , no maximum. They can be small cramped quarters (which is just 2 single beds squeezed into a small room, or they can be something spacious and luxurious (hotel-like and usually upstairs if history serves) or anything in between.

These can be in a basement, in a separate building, upstairs, the varendah, under any stairs (Aussie pubs used to have beds underneath stairs, some still do) or anywhere else you can think of. The 'lodgings' area does not need it's own bathroom, or any kitchen, doesn't need to be fancy either, simple is more then fine. The challenge is picking the size and space of the lodging area to suit your lot. Think of it instead as a bar with an attached room for someone to sleep in, if that helps.
    edited March 2014
    I am willing to extend the due date another 7 days if interested people need more time, just ask me!
    edited March 2014
    Laella wrote:
    I am willing to extend the due date another 7 days if interested people need more time, just ask me!
    I was actually going to ask you about this. xD Yes, more time please!

Also, we're allowed to do an adorable bed and breakfast, yes? And what do we label it as ingame? One of the bar options? Or something else?
    edited March 2014
    Mizore, if i'm right, it should either be a Local Wateringhole or a Hangout. Says in the rules. :)
    edited March 2014
    CSIMSIE wrote:
    Mizore, if i'm right, it should either be a Local Wateringhole or a Hangout. Says in the rules. :)

*Facepalm* How did I miss that? xD Thanks :P