The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Design That Home-Revival: Rocky Cabin (Due: 2/28/15)

cmbaker16cmbaker16 Posts: 9,172 Member
edited February 2015 in The Sims 3 Store Gifting
2vxg9ip.jpg
I’m here to revive a contest that I thought was a lot of fun but the host had to close it due to RL issues. This contest was the first ever contest I had entered and gained a lot of experience/advice as well as some really great friends. Now I will change up a few things but still I hope you find it as fun as I did and make a lot of great friends.

This contest was originally hosted by Bob89 aka Ash and here’s what it’s about…
Bob89 wrote:
Welcome to Design that home. I will post a picture of a home and post a description of what it must contain. You have to get as close as you can with designing what the home looks like in the picture (home and landscape). You will have 12 days (1 week and 5 days). On the 13th day the winner and new challenge will be posted.
and a link in case you want to check it out.
http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/719398.page

But I’m going to make a little change. You will not only be making the house but you’ll also be creating a household to go with it. Each house will come with a household size, sim age, and a trait or two for each sim. Everything from their looks to their other traits will be up to you. Maybe even their gender.

So this means, there will be a total of two sections, one for the house itself and one for the household; which means there can be up to two winners, one for each section.

Prizes:

Prize amounts to be announced

Sponsors Welcomed :mrgreen:

To be announced...

Total:

of items off your wishlist

Rules:
Can be added at anytime so make sure you keep a lookout!

1. Please be considerate of others creations.
2. Stay within budget that is given.
3. Must be your own creation.
4. Make sure to read up on the household information.
5. All Eps, Sps and Store Content allowed, No CC (we want everyone to be able to download and play.)
6. You can use any neighborhood unless stated otherwise.
7. You can have a max of six pictures, if you have more please provide a link. ( You will be judged by them so make sure you take quite a few.)
8. You may only enter once.
9. Have Fun
Post edited by cmbaker16 on

Comments

• cmbaker16cmbaker16 Posts: 9,172 Member
    edited April 2014
    e6zp80.jpg
    - Do we/can we also furnish this house? I'm guessing yes but humour me xD

Yes the house should be furnished

- Is inside layout up to us where the requirements go? (location of bedrooms/kitchen etc)

Yes the layout/floor plan is up to you. Just no basements unless one is asked for in the requirements.

- Do you encourage or discourage works in progress snaps (generally one screenshot) and/or asking for help (tips/ideas) if we get stuck in this thread?

Oh yes I'd love to see the works in progress and I also don't mind you guys asking for help (tips/ideas) (I did both quite a lot in the original form :lol: )

- store content : yes or no? It's still official EA items so not properly cc in my opinion, but others have different opinions of course so simply wanting confirmation (doesn't bother me either way but helps me make sure it's not added by mistake)

I'm going to change my answer store content can be used just state what it was you used.

-One small problem I don't know how to post pictures if someone can tell me or link me a tutorial I will be grateful.

For pictures I use a website called tinypic.com, if you want to directly place them in your post I know there are others out there but that's the one I use. Also, some people use photobucket or Flickr and just leave links for you to view. So basically you just need a photo sharing site of some kind.

-Does the budget include the price of the lot or do you subtract it from the budget? And do I post the entry here or is there a different thread for that?

Yes you'll post the entry here with the limited number of picture, I'm pretty sure there's a max number for here in the first post (I believe) and the rest somewhere else like a new thread or photobuket...etc...

Ummm...for the budget just give us the price of the house with the lot...I usually just pick a lot to build on and give the price of the finished build once I switch into edit town, which I guess includes the lot price.

-When you say household do you mean multiple sims only, or are single sims allowed?

Ah, when I say household I just mean the family/sim that will be living in the house. In the challenge section on the first page there's info on the family that will be living in it along with some traits and info on them.

-How did you get the White corners. When I tried using the right or left side on the siding, that edge was not recolor-able by itself, the whole thing changed.

I used a siding that has it separate...I think it's one that comes with ambitions, but I can check when I go in-game.

-I really love this comp and want to participate but lots won't upload to my studio. Would it be okay to use mediafire?

Yes, if you really can't get them to upload to the exchange mediafire is fine. We just need a way to know it's yours.

Sometimes a certain number of household members will be asked for and here is a question concerning it:

-Can there be more sims in the household - is it two sims total or two sims minimum? Also are pets allowed?

Two sims total because the challenge this time is to create a starter home. You can add more but only two can be entered as your household. Pets are included so you can enter a sim and a pet as your household or two sims.

Post edited by Unknown User on
    edited December 2014
    2iv06cw.jpg
    To Be Announced...

edited February 2015
    23w9ldt.jpg
    Due: 2/28/15 @ 12pm EST

I'm giving you more freedom with the household cause the home this time seems pretty challenging and don't want you to fret over the household. Have Fun! and Thank You @djsdragongirl for the idea :D

Household:

Family of 3

2 adults, 1child

Traits: Up to you

House:
    1512748_286295661494286_1970072277834715147_n.jpg?oh=7b1c84191257ff3d004d5a294232ce90&oe=54F9BACF
    Lot Size: anywhere between 30x30-40x40
    Budget: Unlimited

2BR/2BA
    Open Basement
    Kitchen w/family eating
    Family Room
    Study
    edited March 2015
    24engjp.jpg

Judges:
    cmbaker16
    Jazen-custard checker
    DesiiAnowor

Judging Criteria:
    This can be added to or changed if suggestion come in and/or I left something out.

House:
    -Similarity to the picture: 50
    -Stayed within budget: 25
    -Creativity: 30
    -If you have all the requirements: 40

Total Score: 145

Household:
    -Is the correct age: 15
    -Correct number of household members: 30
    -How well their personally show's in outfits: 25
    -Have 3 skills at level 3 +5
    -Background Story: 25

Total Score: 70

Other:
    -Followed the Rules: 20

Total Score: 20

Note: Before you enter make sure you have some nice photos of the sim(s) otherwise it's hard to judge them.

Entry Forms:

Form A: Household w/ house:
    Username:

Household Name:

Age,Traits & Skills(if they have any):

Total Cost of House (before moving in):

Size of Lot and Name of Neighborhood:

Description of House:

Link to photos:

Link(s) (can be uploaded altogether or separate):

Store Content (Yes or No):

Form B: Household
    Username:

Household Name:

Download Link:

Age,Traits & Skills(if they have any):

Link to photos:

Form C: House
    Username:

Name of Build:

Total Cost of House:

Size of Lot and Name of Neighborhood:

Description of House:

Download Link:

Link to photos:

Just For Fun:

Entries List:
    Waiting to be checked= :o
    Cleared= :D
    Somethings Wrong= :(

Kgaff :)
    Sweet2 :)
    Okster :)

If CC is found you have until the due date to fix. If it's not fixed by the due date your entry will be disqualified.

edited June 2014
    Announcements:

As a host of this contest, I want everyone to have fun and coming up with the challenges can be difficult :? . So as players who participate I'd like your opinions on the kind of homes/families you'd like to create :-o . Just a simple idea like a style of home or perhaps there's a combination of traits you want to use or a certain type(s) of sims you wanna create :D . Let us know :mrgreen:

Helpful Links:
    Carl's Sims 3 Guide -This is a link to the building section of Carl's sims 3 guide it has some nice tutorials and a beginner builder's guide

How Do I Do That -This is a link that I used to find very helpful when I was starting to build and still do sometimes but since I don't visit it as much anymore I'm not sure if it still gets updated but hopefully it's helpful. (When in Doubt I find youtube a very helpful source)

ZooProfessor's Beginning Builder's University Master Thread- This is pretty helpful for beginner's :D has a bunch of step-by-step lessons that could be useful

Tutorial: Creating a Playhouse -If your at a lost for the playground here's a tutorial for a playhouse I created for one of my houses. it could come in handy especially if your limited on space.

Photobucket- Making Slideshows/Organizing Photos -Thanks to MizoreYukii for sharing

Split-leveling Tutorial -By CM

Window How-To -Thanks to Des, for taking the time to share this

edited February 2015
    Archive: View our past challenges and try them yourself

Apartment Challenge (so I couldn't come up with a name :p ):

This challenge is a bit different, I'm challenging you to make an apartment. The build I choose is a set of row homes, to me it seems like there are a total of 4; so your job is to build the row homes than choose one to decorate for the family living in it, since there are 4 homes I've made 4 families to go with each one.

Ex. You choose Family A to create so you would than decorate Unit A or you choose to decorate Unit D than you'd create Family D.

Household(s):

Family A: Single sim- A YA just starting out on their own.

Family B: Newlywed Couple- Just got married and have the joys of finding the perfect place with their budget.

Family C: Family w/kid(s)- Married adult couple with 2 kids, a toddler and a child.

Family D: Best Friends- A trouble maker and a shut-in video gamer become roommates after the owner makes a mistake.

House:

Oh, I forgot to say that the budget is only for decorating and if it's built as a LN apartment when the hidden markers and public markers are put in the price decreases to take away from the hidden areas and areas designed for the public, so basically build your shell/structure without worrying about a budget cause it only goes into play when your doing the interior/decorating.

105yxzq.jpg
    Unit A (green):
    Budget: $16,500
    1BR/1BA
    Kitchen
    Dining
    Living
    Open Floor Plan
    Modern Interior

Unit B (orange-ish tan):
    Budget: $25,000
    1BR/1BA
    Kitchen
    Dining
    Living
    Neat and Clean Interior

Unit C (blue):
    Budget: $40,000
    2BR/1BA
    Master bedroom
    Kids bedroom for 2
    Kitchen
    Dining
    Living
    Homey Interior w/some clutter

Unit D (red):
    Budget: $33,000 (this is between the 2 since both would have $16,500)
    2BR/1BA
    Kitchen
    Dining
    Living
    Rebel meets Nerd Interior

Note: To make it function like a LN apartment here’s a tutorial I used http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/90/705548.page#11451226

Or you could just go the easier route and make an apartment how it is in University Life but this way will fill the apartments with 8 sims. This includes your own sim so if you have 1 sim the apartment will move in the remaining 7 you need to make a household of 8.

Haven Daycare

Household:

A husband and wife who have been unable to have kids of their own so have dedicated their life to fill their home with children's laughter by running a daycare.

2 Adults: Nurturing (or Family oriented if Gen. isn't owned), Natural Cook, & Neat

House:

If you don't own Gen. that is fine for you can still build it as if it'd be a Daycare Center you just won't be able to play it as one.

nbad5s.jpg
    Lot Size: 30x30 or 40x40 (you can also use any lot size in-between)
    Budget: $90,000

First Floor (aka Ground Floor): Is the Daycare Center of the couple
    Library/study area
    Lunch/snack area
    Toddler's Bathroom (can have things like potty chairs, the changing station)
    Children's Bathroom
    Nap area (for toddlers)
    Play area
    Activities Section (ex. easels/painting)
    Outside should be a playground/play area

(If you own store items like the walker, playpen, baby swing, & changing station or any others I might have missed you can use those items)

2nd Floor: Is the living space for the couple
    Open: Kitchen, dining, & Living areas
    Master bedroom
    A spare room (for those kids you may end up watching over night)
    Bathroom

Winter Wonderland

The weather outside is frightful the fire inside is so delightful since we got no place to go...let it snow...let it snow...

Can you tell it's my favorite season? Right this time we're going to make a lovely cabin for a family to enjoy the holidays. Your to decorate the home as you would for the holiday you'd celebrate, for example I would decorate it for Christmas. I know there's lots of other holidays to be celebrated around the Christmas holiday I know and love so I don't want to restrict anyone if they celebrate something different but be sure to explain it a bit ;)

Household:

Husband plans a surprise winter getaway for his wife and child to spend the holidays with for he is always to busy working to spend any time with them. His wife being a technophobe hates how he's always on a computer or phone for work, if she could describe him in one word it be a workaholic. She prefers to spend her time with their child or reading a good book. Their child is a genius but rather explore their artistic talent that they inherited from their father.

2 YA
    1 child

Traits:
    Husband- Workaholic & Artistic
    Wife- Technophobe, Family-Oriented, & Bookworm
    Child- Genius & Artistic

House:

Note: this is a pic of the back of the house so it'll be fun to see everyone's version of the front :D

wbcepc.jpg
    Lot Size: 40x40 or 50x50
    Budget: Go wild, it's the holidays :D
    Great room (living room and kitchen as one space)
    Living room must have a fireplace
    Kitchen must have an island that separates the two spaces

3BR/3BA
    Master Bedroom & Bath
    Children's room
    Guest room
    Shared bathroom
    Half Bathroom
    (optional: A nursery)

Games room (this could have anything from a pool table to dominoes or even be more like a video game arcade)
    A lounge with a bar
    Out on the patio a hot-tub

For the interior it is to be wood paneling and floors with stone accents (doesn't apply to bathrooms)

It's Feast Day

So we bring to you another holiday themed challenge with thanksgiving approaching :D

Household:

A young adult married couple and their two kids. You have freedom with this so have fun :D

House:
    297kon.jpg
    The house needs to be fully decorated for thanksgiving inside and out. Use fall colors, and don't forget the store has free holiday store sets that you can download for more decorating options.

Formal dining room (main focus for this challenge)
    large kitchen w/islands and family dining, open to the family room

4BR/BA:
    Master w/en-suite
    2 children's room w/shared bath
    A guest bedroom w/en-suite
    and a shared bath on the ground floor

office/library
    outside patio area with grill
    pool

Happy Halloween!

A lone guy walked along the street where children could be heard running around the street knocking on doors or ringing doorbells “trick-or-treat” he covered his ears with his hands to block out the noise. He didn’t know what was happening to him but his senses were all off his eyes saw things differently, his ears picked up on sounds near and far, and his nose picked all sorts of scents that he just wanted somewhere to be alone. He walked for miles to get away from the noise when he came across an empty plot of land. He continued to walk only hearing ravens cawing from the lifeless trees along the plot of land. Fog rolled in making it hard to see, if he had been an ordinary human. That’s when he decided he’d build his home here where the silence let him be at peace and keep his sanity.

Household:
    1 YA Sim (be creative :D )

House:
    Budget: None, go wild :D
    Lot Size: No bigger than 40x40

Standard House Rooms:
    Kitchen
    Dining (can be a room on it's own, in the kitchen, or wherever you see fit)
    Living
    Study (pool table or darts (just some sort of game) and pro. Bar (or a bar that comes with base game)

Bedrooms: (at least)
    Master Bedroom w/en-suite
    Nursery
    Child/Teen Room

Bathrooms:
    2 1/2 (including en-suite, can have more where you see fit)

Outside:
    a garage

Have Fun and be creative :D

Something Wicked this way Comes:

Shall we go where we haven't gone before, Let's! It'll be challenging and fun. Also, it'll really test you as a builder so let's do this :).

Household:

The family is surrounded in mystery, kinda like the Adams Family, and love the weird and whacky :) Goes so well with the style of house I think :)

The family consist of grandma/grandpa, their Adult son/daughter who married at a young age who have a child and one on the way.

Grandparent: Absent minded, grumpy
    Dad: Eccentric, Insane
    Mom: Nurturing, Neurotic (if you don't have gen. you can switch out nurturing for Family-Oriented)
    Child: over emotional, technophobe
    Unborn Baby: whatever the game picks for them or roll to randomize

If you have Supernatural their a family of witches you can choose if all of them will be witches or if you want to do something like female/male line is witches. Also, the spouse of the grandparent you choose should be in the household as a ghost or have their grave on the lot whichever you choose.

Those without Supernatural can still have the ghost in the family if you'd like but you'll have to go the round about way to do it so it won't be necessary for you to do so unless you yourself want to :).

House:
    1zd55jt.jpg
    Budget: $100,000
    Lot Size: 40x40
    Kitchen
    Dining
    Living
    Study w/hidden Alchemy room (if you don't have SN that's alright, just make space/room for Alchemy room)

3 Bedrooms:
    Master Bed
    Guest Room
    nursery/child room (meaning age groups baby-child share the room)

3 1/2 Bathrooms:
    Master Bath
    Guest BR Bath
    Shared bath for toddler-children
    Half Bathroom on ground floor/1 st floor

Outside:
    Garden (for Alchemy ingredients/harvestables)
    Playground for children
    Patio/BBQ area
    2-car garage

Future Starter

Household
    A young Married couple just starting out discovered a time machine hidden in their newly purchased newlywed home. The new husband a tech gadget maniac couldn't resist discovering it's secrets and now him and his wife find themselves in Oasis Landing. His wife falling in love with Oasis Landing wants to build a home there but wants to make sure a rooftop garden is in place for she loves to garden and be outdoors.

2 YAs

Traits:
    Husband: Eccentric & Handy
    Wife: Green Thumb & Loves the Outdoors

House
    2mouo1s.jpg
    Lot Size: Your Choice :)
    4BRs
    -Master w/en-suite
    -Neutral Nursery
    Child/Teen
    -Girl bedroom
    -Boy Bedroom
    3BA
    -Master en-suite
    -Shared Child/Teen BA
    Guest BA
    Kitchen w/eating area
    Dining
    Living
    Play area/room for children
    Office/Study Space
    Rooftop/Balcony Garden ( can also be somewhere outside)
    Play ground for children
    Pool/BBQ entertainment area

House of Solitude:

Household:
    1 Adult
    Traits: Loner (or shy), Angler

House:
    a1r6lc.jpg
    Budget: $20,000
    Lot Size: 30x30
    on a small Private Island (or built on an isolated lot w/home surrounded by a pond/lake)
    1 BR/BA
    Kitchen
    Living
    Dining
    Open Floor Plan except BR/BA
    Places to sit outside

Starting Out:

Let's see how this works out :P I couldn't decide on which home to go on so I choose both :)

Household:
    2 YA (one for each trailer)
    Traits: All up to you

Houses:

Each trailer will be on a lot of it's own :) Just thought I'd clarify :)
    2u8dt9h.jpg

29wolmg.jpg
    Requirements:
    Lot Size: 20x30
    1 BR/BA
    Kitchen & dining
    Living area
    space for a hobby
    outside BBQ/seating

Split Personality House

Household

Sarah and Susan are two YA twins who have nothing in common outside of looks. They grew up always at each other's throats because they were so different yet always forced to share the same space. Being an adult hasn't changed that for them sadly. Their parents have informed them that if they want their inheritance when the time comes, they must learn to function together as a team.

Sarah--the bookworm. The likes reading, cooking, and gardening. She also is big into yoga so needs her space to always have a zen feel. Therefore she likes muted, calming colors.
    Susan--the rebel. She likes parties, and jamming out on her drum set. Susan is artsy so enjoys bright colors that reflect her zest for life.

Sarah traits: bookworm, green-thumb, natural cook
    Susan: rebel, virtuoso, party-animal

the rest are up to you.

House:

Your task is to build a home that shows off each girls' personality while still functioning as one cohesive space. The outside as well as the shared spaces inside must reflect bits of each twin.

Requirements:
    Budget: $60,000
    2 bedrooms on opposite ends of the house
    Library/office
    Music/art room
    2 bathrooms
    kitchen that is open to the living room
    outside should have a tub and/or pool with a party area complete with an outdoor kitchen and a small garden[/size]

Note: You do not need Uni to do this challenge

Right to Rebel

Household:
    Your sim is a young adult ready to start out on their own. Their artistic and believe the whole world is their canvas. They excel in anything artsy from painting-sculpting, writing-photography, even street art which has given them quite the record. Now their ready to start their first semester at Sims University as an art major. Their looking for a loft to accommodate their needs but give them plenty of work space for their art.

Traits: Artistic & Rebellious (or make them a part of the Rebel Social group)

House:

So I'm changing it up a bit this time we're going to try and create a home around a room.
    2h3vehv.jpg
    Lot size: 20x30 or smaller
    Loft (you can build any style)
    Kitchen
    Living
    Dining (can be counters w/stools)
    Bedroom
    Bathroom (can be an all in one)
    an Artsy area

Family Help:

Mr. Anderson is left with three children after his wife’s passing and is looking to invest in a new home. He has one boy and two girls and with the addition of his mother, He’s looking for a four bedroom home to fit them all. His oldest is a rebellious teen needing his own space, His middle child is a young girl who loves the outdoors, and his youngest daughter, the baby of the family, is full of personality. He himself works all the time so when his kind, loving mother decided to move in with them it was a blessing.

Note: The traits in () are for those who don't have the expansions needed for the asked for traits :mrgreen:

Household:
    Grandmother: Female Elder
    Traits: Nurturing (or family-oriented), Neat

Father: Male adult
    Traits: workaholic, nurturing (or family-oriented)

Oldest: Male Teen
    Traits: Rebellious (or Grumpy)

Middle: Female Child
    Traits: Loves the outdoors

Youngest: Female Toddler
    Traits: You Pick

House:
    wk1qmp.jpg
    Budget: $100,000
    Size: 30x30
    4 bedrooms:
    -Master bedroom w/nursery space
    -Teen male room
    -Girls’ room
    -Grandmother’s room
    3 bathrooms
    -master bath
    -Girls bath
    -Shared bath (by this I mean a bathroom somewhere anyone can use family, guests...etc)
    Living room
    Dining room
    Kitchen

Basement:
    Teen/Kid hang out area
    Man Cave for dad (No kids allowed zone)

Outside:
    Garage
    pool area (for parties)
    kids play set (playground)

Retirement Home:

Household:
    The lovely two elders are looking for a place to retire to. They don't have much but they do have some funds saved. The lady doesn't ask for much but a patch out back to grow her produce while her husband asks for a tool shed to tinker to his hearts desire.

2 elder sims
    Traits: Green-thumb(female) & Handiness(male)

2je9p3l.jpg
    Open Floor Plan
    Living area
    Kitchen
    Dining area
    1BR/1BA
    A hideaway bed/sleeping area for guests and grand-kids
    A garden patch(produce)
    Tool Shed

Honeymoon Period:

Household:
    A Newlywed couple looking to buy their first home.

2 YA sims
    Traits: Hopeless-Romantic, Family-Oriented

House:
    ek0r9g.jpg
    Budget: $25,000
    Lot Size: 20x30 or 30x30
    Kitchen
    Living
    Dining
    1BR/1BA
    Patio in the backyard

Partners in Crime:
    You and your partner are on the run. Police lights flashing, helicopters everywhere, and cops on foot leave you with no where to go. With your knowledge of the city at night you and your partner squeeze through alleyways and take shortcuts through old rundown buildings. Knowing you need to lay low for a while you start searching for a place, with your price range all you can afford is an old run down, battered building.

Household:

2 young adults

Traits: Pick and choose what traits go to whom

Kleptomaniac, Computer Whiz, Handy & Athletic

House:
    23j0u52.jpg
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8226535

This time we’re doing it a little differently I’ve put together a shell for you to work with. Your job is to make it new again or at least livable.

Budget: $90,000

Main Floor: A commercial lot (shop/bar/club/etc…) of some sort where you can gather info on jobs and meet clients.

Upper level: 2 bedroom/1 bathroom apartment

Basement Level: Your hideout/workplace

Workaholics:

Household:
    Must Have:
    2 Adults (married) & 1 single adult (brother/sister of one of the adults)
    1 teenager
    1 Child

Traits: All sims must have the Genius trait, except the single adult

House:
    20ivw45.jpg
    Budget: 200,000
    Master Suite w/Bathroom
    teen bedroom
    child’s bedroom
    2 bathrooms (one shared between the teen and child rooms, one on the ground level)
    Living room
    Kitchen
    Dining area
    His and Hers offices.
    Garage

Basement:
    kids area/playroom
    Teen hangout spot
    A study area/room
    Laundry room
    Bedroom that looks like it was forced/squeezed in

Beach Bum:

Household:
    I’m doing the household differently this time. Everything is up to you, including their background and how their related.

Except:

The household Must Have two YA sims

You can pick and choose any of these traits for your Household.

Traits: Angler, Athletic, Brave, Good Sense of Humor, Handy, Childish
    (if you have IP or Sea. you can switch two out with Loves the Heat and Loves to Swim)

House:
    v6q61j.jpg
    Budget: 18,500
    1-2 Bedrooms (depending)
    1 Bathroom
    Open Kitchen w/seating
    Living Room w/computer
    On a beach

(from the picture it looks like a fireplace is inside but you don’t have to include that unless you want it more challenging)

Summer:

Household
    Jazz Summer thrives off the land continuing the life style of her parents. Eating only freshly grown produce from her garden, freshly caught fish from the local pond, and bringing home plants and flowers to care for. With her parents passing Jazz finds her funds short. She only has $40,000 to find a house to live in and make ends meat.

Jazz Summer(YA): Eco-friendly, Green Thumb, Vegetarian
    Bonus: Wardrobe has a spring feel to it.

House:
    j82tsy.jpg
    Budget: 40,000
    One open space
    Bathroom (only room to have a door)
    Garden
    laundry line
    Bonus: Home has a natural outdoors feeling

Gardener:

Household:
    The Gardeners are simple folk looking for a medium sized home to fit all of them in. Grandma Rose and Grandpa Russell have made a living from gardening and like things to be simple and orderly. Their son Thomas and his wife Georgia make a living from raising horses. They also find joy in raising their daughter Judy and find the tiniest things she does adorable. They also have a hunting dog named Bo who likes to run around outdoors.

Grandma Rose & Grandpa Russell(E): Green Thumb, Neat
    Thomas & Georgia (YA): Equestrian, Family-oriented
    Judy(T): You can pick her two yourself.
    Bo: Hyper, Hunter

House:
    2vcgug4.jpg
    Budget: 100,000
    Lot Size: 50x50
    4 bedrooms (the grandparents room is to be on the first floor)
    4 bathrooms (one on the first floor, one on the second floor, one for the master bedroom & one for the grandparents room)
    Kitchen w/breakfast nook
    Dining room
    Living room w/play area
    Horse Barn w/Jumps and racing track
    Produce Garden

Brooke:

Household:
    Jacob Brooke (YA)
    Traits: Loner & Genius

House:
    fbhwur.jpg
    Budget: $60,000
    -Living
    -Kitchen
    -Dining
    -1BR/1BA
    -Reading Nook
    -Hidden Secret Lab

The Baxter’s:

Household:
    Emma Baxter is a single mother to twins, Evan & James; two young boys that couldn't be more opposite. Evan loves to be outdoors and makes plenty use of the backyard while James would rather stay inside and play chess.

Emma(A): Neat & Family-Oriented
    James(child): Loves the Outdoors & Athletic
    Evan(child): Genius & Neat

House:
    2gui1ix.jpg
    Budget: $50,000
    Lot Size: 20x30 or 30x30
    -2BR
    -1.2BA (Master bedroom, boys bathroom, downstairs bathroom)
    -Kitchen w/family dining
    -Living Room
    -Study for the boys (can be fitted into their room if you’d like)
    -A place for Emma’s Hobby
    -A playground in the backyard
  • muddypaws4167muddypaws4167 Posts: 2,108 New Member
    edited February 2014
    looks like fun ! Bookmarked it
  • LaellaLaella Posts: 519 Member
    edited February 2014
    I'm interested, I'm always looking for ways to find more ideas, inspiration and practice. I wanted to offer small prizes but I actually want to try this 'contest' out myself as-well so hard decision there :( .

I'm guessing we have to build the house to look like the photo supplied but a couple of questions, I probably missed them in the info (bad eyesight + skimming habit + it's getting late for me so I'm tired and will kick myself for asking stupid questions in the morning) Most of them I'm just looking for confirmations :)

- Is inside layout up to us where the requirements go? (location of bedrooms/kitchen etc)
    - Do you encourage or discourage works in progress snaps (generally one screenshot) and/or asking for help (tips/ideas) if we get stuck in this thread?
    - If you prefer we didn't do the above question in this thread would we be able to have another thread tied to this for those simmers who are beginner builders to ask for tips/ideas on their builds and sims etc?
    - store content : yes or no? It's still official EA items so not properly cc in my opinion, but others have different opinions of course so simply wanting confirmation (doesn't bother me either way but helps me make sure it's not added by mistake)
  • LebannaLebanna Posts: 1,157 Member
    edited February 2014
    Oh! I like the twist and the hous Cmbaker! Might join in :)
    Writer for Platinum Simmers

Gallery ID: Annabelli_22
  • LebannaLebanna Posts: 1,157 Member
    edited February 2014
    oh wait.. uhm what's the deadline?
    Writer for Platinum Simmers

Gallery ID: Annabelli_22
    edited February 2014
    looks like fun ! Bookmarked it

bookmarks are good :mrgreen:
    edited February 2014
    @Laella: oh it is a tough decision to chose to do the contest VS. offering prizes :D

Yes you have to get as close to the image as possible and Questions are good let's see what you got...

Yes the house should be furnished

Yes the layout/floor plan is up to you. Just no basements unless one is asked for in the requirements.

Oh yes I'd love to see the works in progress and I also don't mind you guys asking for help (tips/ideas) (I did both quite a lot in the original form :lol:)

- If you prefer we didn't do the above question in this thread would we be able to have another thread tied to this for those simmers who are beginner builders to ask for tips/ideas on their builds and sims etc?

Well since I don't mind the above question I'll leave this blank.

oh...I knew I forgot something...will added that in monetarily..thanks for the reminder :D. But I would say it can be used but there are lots of people who don't have store content or alot of it so I'm going to say no store content.
    edited February 2014
    Lebanna wrote:
    Oh! I like the twist and the hous Cmbaker! Might join in :)

oh wait.. uhm what's the deadline?

:shock: excuse me...it was late and slipped my mind :lol:

Will put that in/come up with it now :lol:

I'm glad you like the twist I thought it would be good :D
    edited February 2014
    Just a little bump :D .
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    edited February 2014
    I love that house. I have to sim that. If you get more interest, I may be able to help judge (but I'm currently down to judge four other contests, so I am feeling a bit maxed out right now).
  • SummerFallsSummerFalls Posts: 6,413 Member
    edited February 2014
    Sign me up as interested!
    ooh_zpseebomb8i.png
    Origin ID: SummerFalls
    House: Ravenclaw/Wampus - Wand: Alder wood with Unicorn hair core 10 ¾" and Slightly Springy flexibility - Patronus: Neblung Cat
    | Simblr | Youtube | I love creating sims! |
    edited February 2014
    ahh...I'm so silly :P ...I came to check on comments and whatnot but didn't realize a second page was started :lol: :P....anyways...

@ciane: I thought it would make for a simple challenge to start us off. (I may even attempt it once my BnS entry is done) can I take it that your interested?

Well we can wait and see, hopefully when more interest is gained others might decide to help judge.

@SummerFalls: I shall add you to the list :D .
  • 2Mahawk2Mahawk Posts: 1,151 Member
    edited February 2014
    Hi cmbaker16! I don't think I'll have time to enter, but I can help sponsor. This project looks kind of medium-sized, so I'm thinking 2000 SimPoints would be good, at least for this round. I'll leave the distribution of points up to you. If you think that's too much, feel free to bring it down. :mrgreen:
    Or do you prefer to stick with the original prize pool? That's fine too, just let me know what it was exactly. :)
    edited February 2014
    2Mahawk wrote:
    Hi cmbaker16! I don't think I'll have time to enter, but I can help sponsor. This project looks kind of medium-sized, so I'm thinking 2000 SimPoints would be good, at least for this round. I'll leave the distribution of points up to you. If you think that's too much, feel free to bring it down. :mrgreen:
    Or do you prefer to stick with the original prize pool? That's fine too, just let me know what it was exactly. :)

Actually there isn't a prize pool, cause I have nothing to give. I just thought it would be fun as well as bring back a contest that I thought was alot of fun. So whatever amount you'd like to offer is good with me and I'll distribute it however.
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    edited February 2014
    cmbaker16 wrote:
    ahh...I'm so silly :P ...I came to check on comments and whatnot but didn't realize a second page was started :lol: :P....anyways...

@ciane: I thought it would make for a simple challenge to start us off. (I may even attempt it once my BnS entry is done) can I take it that your interested?

Well we can wait and see, hopefully when more interest is gained others might decide to help judge.

@SummerFalls: I shall add you to the list :D .

I am interested, for sure. I am in love with that little starter and excited to build a little house for that family. I will, though, just do it for fun and help you judge (if you don't get other judges). :D

And wow, thank you 2Mahawk for your generosity!
  • 2Mahawk2Mahawk Posts: 1,151 Member
    edited February 2014
    cmbaker16 wrote:
    Actually there isn't a prize pool, cause I have nothing to give. I just thought it would be fun as well as bring back a contest that I thought was alot of fun. So whatever amount you'd like to offer is good with me and I'll distribute it however.
    I meant the prize pool of the original Design That Home.
    I remember taking a quick look at while it was still running. I thought it was a pretty cool contest, but at the time I couldn't log in to comment, and had forgotten about it.

Oh yes, it might help get judges and determine the prizes if you post the judging criteria.

Edit to add: So my offer remains 2000 SPs, unless you'd rather it were lower. That's fine.
    I took a look at the old thread, and noticed that the prize pool varied because of different sponsors, so it's really up to you.
    edited February 2014
    2Mahawk wrote:
    I meant the prize pool of the original Design That Home.
    I remember taking a quick look at while it was still running. I thought it was a pretty cool contest, but at the time I couldn't log in to comment, and had forgotten about it.

Oh yes, it might help get judges and determine the prizes if you post the judging criteria.

Edit to add: So my offer remains 2000 SPs, unless you'd rather it were lower. That's fine.
    I took a look at the old thread, and noticed that the prize pool varied because of different sponsors, so it's really up to you.

Yeah there wasn't a set prize pool for the original and I'll be glad to put in your 2000SPs, so very generous of you and thank you very, very much.

oh yes, I knew I was forgetting something else... :lol: ...I will most definitely post that soon along with the new added prize pool.

again thank you so much :D .

Edit: I'm going to split it evenly between the two sections unless you'd prefer otherwise.
    edited February 2014
    ciane wrote:
    I am interested, for sure. I am in love with that little starter and excited to build a little house for that family. I will, though, just do it for fun and help you judge (if you don't get other judges). :D

And wow, thank you 2Mahawk for your generosity!

ah...than I shall switch yours to just for fun :D. Yes that would be helpful if no one else shows interest in judging.

and yes it's very generous of him and I can't thank him enough :mrgreen: .
  • CSIMSIECSIMSIE Posts: 2,779 Member
    edited February 2014
    I was building on a house for challenge 1G (i believe it was) and it was shut down, so i will try to make one for this again!
    edited February 2014
    CSIMSIE wrote:
    I was building on a house for challenge 1G (i believe it was) and it was shut down, so i will try to make one for this again!

Yeah it was shut down sometime after 1G was put up. Well Gald you'll join in again I'll add ya to the list.