Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

University Life keeps stealing my motor!

Went to uni driving The Beast. First day at uni was great, got a rebellious moodlet for riding a motorcycle. But next day when she went to class she went on an ordinary cycle. the motorcycle was not to be found.

During her term she earned enough lifetime happiness for a Motive Mobile, woot! No more sad faces turning up to class half asleep from overnight parties, studying and gardening. On going home day she jumped into her mobile and drove to the dormitory. Before I could grab it off the lot she was sent home without it. Luckily it was waiting there for her when she enrolled for a second term.

Comments

• belindazbelindaz Posts: 148 New Member
    edited February 2014
    Check the inventory for the motorbike.
  • geekgirl101geekgirl101 Posts: 401 Member
    It wasn't in the inventory, but ah well those adventures are over. The motive mobile never did reappear as it got nuked by the game, so I had to cheat for lifetime happiness to buy another.
  • kati77kati77 Posts: 3,146 Member
    For some reason vehicles don't seem to stay in the inventory, while at the uni, if there's a parking lot at the dorm. And if there's a parking lot, other residents of the dorm might take the vehicle. It should come back, though, once that other resident gets back to the dorm. Then you can try to put the vehicle in your sim's inventory again. Even though, it might not stay there. It's kind of annoying.

Generally, if you have a vehicle, you don't want to lose, just make sure that before your sim travels anywhere, s/he has some ordinary car checked as the preferred vehicle (and no vehicle in the inventory), so if they end up taking a car (which you can't always control, if they do or not), then it's something that's easy to replace if it disappears.
    01-06-18_5-09-41%C2%A0PM_2.png

• geekgirl101geekgirl101 Posts: 401 Member
    The issue wasn't that someone else nicked the vehicle, it was that the sim went home in it instead of the university bus. When they then crossed over into the normal game they were in a taxi and the vehicle they were riding in was gone.
  • kati77kati77 Posts: 3,146 Member
    Oh, okay... that hasn't happened to me. I thought the sims should always take the moving truck. But anyway, I'm still saying the only way to make sure your sim doesn't lose a vehicle while travelling anywhere, is to make sure they leave it home in the first place.
    01-06-18_5-09-41%C2%A0PM_2.png

• SimsAnaSimsAna Posts: 58 Member
    I wouldn't doubt it that maybe one of the other rebellious Sims at the college liked your bike so just took it into their hands.