Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

JessaBeans' Sims 3

Comments

• cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    Oh my! Yes! I love the hippies! And, um, no, I didn't make the hippies myself, though there is still time... maybe...
  • JessabeansJessabeans Posts: 3,714 Member
    edited March 2018
    Withywindle
    2 bedroom, 2 bath hobbit inspired cottage (sleeps 4) 30x30 lot large kitchen with attached garden, fireside lounge, den, and study.

tumblr_p606amcUK11x95scjo4_r2_1280.jpg
    Interiors
    View from Entry
    tumblr_p606amcUK11x95scjo4_1280.jpg
    Den and Dining Room
    tumblr_p606amcUK11x95scjo5_1280.jpg
    Kitchen and door to garden
    tumblr_p606amcUK11x95scjo7_1280.jpg
    Fireside Lounge
    tumblr_p606amcUK11x95scjo2_1280.jpg
    Children's room
    tumblr_p606amcUK11x95scjo1_1280.jpg

Garden
    tumblr_p606amcUK11x95scjo8_1280.jpg

Items used
    This build contains some store items, also the roof color is from dragon valley, it looks better with the darker one but it's okay with the base game thatched roof if you don't have dragon valley. I used the windowboxes and pizza oven from Monte Vista. It also contains pumpkins from this free store set. Anything else should show up in the launcher, none of the store items are structural except the fairytale door, the arch is from WA. So it's fine without them. I mostly used candle lights in case people were playing a low tech fantasy play-through.

I love that a deer showed up and started nibbling in the front garden while I was waiting for the sun to rise for the screenshot. Happy Simming!
    Post edited by Jessabeans on
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    Withywindle looks very nice! :) Very nice furnishing of the intertior of the home! It looks very nice and homely. The wall patterns give a very nice look and feel to the rooms, and are pretty! The grandfather clock is a nice home touch in the home. It looks very nice that sims can enjoy looking out through the kitchen windows and seeing their garden. The type of backyard door used suits the home type well. Very nice and warming fireplace lounge sitting area! The bookcases look great placed either sides of the fireplace. Sims will enjoy resting in the armchairs reading books in front of the fire. Very nice harvestable garden nook. The scarecrow is a great touch there ! Sims will enjoy harvesting plants to use in cooking.
    It looks a very nice home! :)
    edited March 2018
    Rosetta
    https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9203548
    30x20 Local Watering Hole and Cafe for Al Simhara
    Nectar and Piano bar with bubble table dance floor and rooftop dining.
    tumblr_p689wzvRmX1x95scjo5_1280.jpg
    tumblr_p689wzvRmX1x95scjo3_1280.jpg
    tumblr_p689wzvRmX1x95scjo2_1280.jpg
    tumblr_p689wzvRmX1x95scjo1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_p689wzvRmX1x95scjo4_r1_1280.jpg

I put it at 5 Marketview Place to overlook the market from the rooftop and all those date trees were a lot of flora already so I didn't do any additional landscaping.

tumblr_p689wzvRmX1x95scjo6_r1_1280.jpg

I built it on the empty lot at 50 West Riverview Place, it had a pretty nice view of the pyramids from there.

I wanted a little cafe by the market for my sim to eat between tombs. I am making a little base camp for Egypt too, I may have that up in a few days if anyone is interested. It's uploaded now. Happy Simming!
    Thank you Rosemow, I appreciate it.
    Rosetta is a very nice cafe bar for Al Simhara ! :) It suits the world very well. Very nice design and layout of the build. The rooftop dining areas look great! It is nice that there is a bubble bar in the build. Sims will enjoy listening to the piano being played whilst sitting on the stools having a drink from the bar or something to eat. The floor rugs under the piano add a nice look to the area. The plants look nice in the build. The nook sitting room with the Egyptian style seats and the patterned floor rugs looks great!
    It is a great venue for Al Simhara :)
    Thank you Rosemow
    edited March 2018
    I've made this mostly for my own game but I'm uploading it in case anyone else would like it. The base camp for Egypt is kind of sad by default. I re-used the shell from an older house of mine. (It's recolored to blend in with al simhara instead of Lucky Palms now.)

Al Simhara Base Camp

https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9204188

7 Bedroom, 9 Bath (Sleeps up to 20) Moroccan style base camp for Al Simhara. Enjoy a resort-like stay while in Al Simhara with buffet style dining, tea room, nectar lounge, spa and gym facilities, with a special Penthouse/Honeymoon suite on the top floor. Your sims can take in the view from the rooftop lounge and massage room.

tumblr_p6bhhsc1wd1x95scjo1_1280.jpg

Courtyard pool area
    tumblr_p6bhhsc1wd1x95scjo6_1280.jpg
    View from roof
    tumblr_p6bhhsc1wd1x95scjo2_1280.jpg
    View across courtyard to dining room
    Courtyard viewing spa and gym from second floor balcony
    tumblr_p6bhdg9fw81x95scjo1_1280.jpg
    Nectar Lounge
    tumblr_p6bhdg9fw81x95scjo6_1280.jpg
    tumblr_p6bhdg9fw81x95scjo2_1280.jpg
    tumblr_p6bhdg9fw81x95scjo3_1280.jpg
    tumblr_p6bipoqL3S1x95scjo1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_p6bipoqL3S1x95scjo2_1280.jpg

Tea-Breakfast Room
    tumblr_p6bhhsc1wd1x95scjo3_1280.jpg
    tumblr_p6bipoqL3S1x95scjo4_1280.jpg

Dining Room
    tumblr_p6bhdg9fw81x95scjo4_1280.jpg

Hotel Room
    tumblr_p6bhdg9fw81x95scjo5_1280.jpg
    Penthouse Room
    tumblr_p6bhdg9fw81x95scjo7_1280.jpg

Massage Room
    tumblr_p6bhdg9fw81x95scjo8_1280.jpg

tumblr_p6bhhsc1wd1x95scjo7_r1_1280.jpg
    The Banquette area with the pillows pictured above shouldn't be edited unless you use decorator's friend or DebugEnabler or the pillows will fall to the ground. I didn't want any sims sitting on the chairs in the corner and looking all glitchy so I disabled the option to sit on the corner ones, there is seating for 4 in each of those rooms. I don't like having un-routable areas in builds but I wasn't able to duplicate the look any other way. I hope you don't mind having an area that is just for show.

Items used
    I removed stuff pack items. This build requires World Adventures and Island paradise, and the store spa items (
    Steam-It-Up Sauna, Infinite Zen Massage Table, Keep Me Clean Outdoor Shower) to work as a resort, I did include a kitchen so it would be playabout without it but it won't have the buffets without IP. I only used 4 items from Supernatural and barely anything from Late Night so those aren't as important. The Reception Chair, Celestial Serenity Lamp and the Flowing Banderole from the store was used extensively, I'm not sure the build would look the same without them but any of the other store items could easily be replaced. I didn't use a store bed just to cut down on the amount of store items in the build but the Indian one looks lovely in there, I did use a free store bed for the singles. I used one store floor, it's called 'Fanciful Floral Tile' from Monte Vista, and 'The Clever Curtain' from the Serenity Retreat venue.

Notes on placing a base camp lot
    From your main town edit screen you can select Al Simhara in the upper corner, when it loads type Testingcheatsenabled true, then enablelotlocking true, then click the little lock icon on the base camp. Save the existing base camp to your library then bulldoze it, You should be able to place the basecamp now. It will be there for you next time you visit Egypt.

The base camp lot type can not be used in home worlds, it will convert the lot to visitors allow and remove some of the items from it. I am working on converting it to a resort for use on homeworlds, but finding a spot for basement stairs is problematic.

In play-testing I found that explorer sims only want to sleep in single beds, even if empty double beds are available. I needed to remodel the bedrooms to accommodate for this before uploading.

Happy Simming!

• soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,260 Member

Wow I love this base camp. You did a marvellous job on it even to the detailing of the shaped pool. Looking forward to the download link. Well done
  • HollownessDevourHollownessDevour Posts: 8,011 Member
    Every time I want to improve Al Simhara Base Camp, i always draw a blank XD Now I see yours- I see you nailed it! Perfect!
    Thank you @soocoolsim, Thanks @HollownessDevour I had the idea and been wanting to build it for ages now but it kept getting pushed back. I have a renewed interest in the WA worlds now so I wanted to finish the builds I had planned and actually spend some time there.
    The Base Camp looks very nice! :) Very nice courtyard area with the pool and the loungers! The shape of the pool looks great! Each of the areas in the Camp look very nice! Very nice furnishing and layout of the Nectar Lounge, Tea Breakfast room and the Dining Room! The hotel and penthouse rooms are very nice! Very nice floor patterning and floor rugs in each of the rooms.
    It is a great base camp for travelling sims to stay at :)
  • romagi1romagi1 Posts: 6,988 Member
    edited March 2018
    Looks amazing @Jessabeans! Love <3 the Raid style build and all the moroccan decor! I might actually send my sims to Egypt with this there! :)

Edit: I was so busy admiring the colorful decor I totally missed that awesome pool! :mrgreen:
    edited March 2018
    This should be the last WA lot, unless I get any ideas while playing. I don't have any more builds planned until the end of April but I will still be around saying hi and catching up. This is another EA lot makeover, I thought the lot looked pretty so I only did minor changes on the exterior (recolored the stairs a bit, changed a window or two and added in a little garden at the bottom) and I kept most of the interior layouts so the bedroom count is the same (except for the guest room at the top that was missing a bed, so there is one more.) There was an empty hallway outside the guestrooms that I made into a study.

Shang Simla Base Camp EA Lot Makeover
    https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9204585

tumblr_p6exttzA451x95scjo2_r1_1280.jpg
    Exterior Before
    tumblr_p6exttzA451x95scjo1_1280.jpg

Main Area
    Lounge
    Before
    tumblr_p6evfufaJB1x95scjo5_1280.jpg
    After
    tumblr_p6dkqoRo1k1x95scjo6_1280.jpg

Dining Room
    Before -
    tumblr_p6evfufaJB1x95scjo3_1280.jpg
    After
    tumblr_p6dkqoRo1k1x95scjo4_1280.jpg
    Looking at the befores I noticed the wall was missing segments so you can still see the view from the tearoom so this is without the sliding door.
    tumblr_p6exfeaMbo1x95scjo3_r1_1280.jpg

Kitchen
    Before I liked the jade counter tops they had used, and the layout was fine, I just wanted to brighten it up and have it cohesive with the other changes.
    tumblr_p6evfufaJB1x95scjo1_1280.jpg
    After
    tumblr_p6dkqoRo1k1x95scjo3_1280.jpg

Tearoom
    Before

After
    tumblr_p6dkqoRo1k1x95scjo1_1280.jpg
    Bedrooms
    Explorer's Bedrooms
    Before
    tumblr_p6evfufaJB1x95scjo4_1280.jpg
    After
    tumblr_p6dkqoRo1k1x95scjo2_1280.jpg

Guestrooms
    Before
    tumblr_p6evfufaJB1x95scjo2_1280.jpg
    After
    tumblr_p6dlghrcXp1x95scjo2_1280.jpg

Guestroom Hallway - I forgot to take one of the empty hallway before, but it can be seen empty in the floorplans below.
    After
    tumblr_p6exttzA451x95scjo3_r1_1280.jpg

Guestroom Bath
    After
    tumblr_p6dlghrcXp1x95scjo1_1280.jpg

Floorplan comparison
    Main
    Before
    tumblr_p6exfeaMbo1x95scjo1_1280.jpg
    After
    tumblr_p6exfeaMbo1x95scjo2_1280.jpg

Guestrooms
    Before
    tumblr_p6dkqoRo1k1x95scjo9_r1_1280.jpg
    After
    tumblr_p6dkqoRo1k1x95scjo8_r1_1280.jpg

Explorer's Rooms and Bath
    Before
    tumblr_p6evfufaJB1x95scjo6_r1_1280.jpg
    After
    tumblr_p6dkqoRo1k1x95scjo7_r1_1280.jpg

I'll come back this evening and fix this post with any missing pictures, I know I'm missing a few befores.

I used some of the Lunar New Year sets, those don't always detect. I used items from Year of the Horse, Dragon and the Scroll from Tiger. I think everything else showed up. No World or Venue items used, the only premium item is the tea table.
    edited March 2018
    Thank you @rosemow Thanks @romagi1 I hope to spend some time in the WA worlds too now that I don't have the base camps as an excuse.
    Your makeover of the Shang Simla Base Camp looks great! :) You have improved the interior of the camp so very well! It was great seeing the before and after pictures, and the comparison of the two versions highlights the nice changes that you have made, especially with the bringing in of a more Asian style look, feel and furnishings to the camp. The changes to the wall textures gives a great look to the rooms. It is nice that you have added a tea room to the Camp. The design of the tearoom looks very nice.
    Sims will enjoy staying there when travelling to Shang Simla :)
  • Jude525Jude525 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Wow, such and improvement! I am still not a fan of all those stairs, but at least the amenities at the top of are worthy of the climb! I have thought of renovating this lot but it wasn't high on my priorities. I may simply use your lot instead. Very nice work.
    aka Jude
    I own the store as of 1+7/17/17

My Studio

My build thread in the Creative Corner
    Thank you Rose :)

@Jude525 Yeah the WA lots were something I've wanted to get around to but were pretty low on my priority list too. I tried redoing Champs les Sims but I looked back and that was 4 years ago, and I had never made anything for Al Simhara at all until this week.

I did find the stairs tedious originally but when I was thinking of how to make over the lot, I kept looking and seeing the inherent beauty in the weathered monastery look they were going for and wanted to keep it. I hope if you decide to use it that it will work out for you, you may want to convert the shrine area at the bottom into a bedroom so it's easier to get in and out. It should be big enough to hold a bed, I don't remember the dimensions offhand because it's built diagonally but it should fit.
    edited April 2018
    So I had planned to play instead of build yesterday, but I watched a mini-web-series called Alice in Paris. I really liked la recyclerie, an urban farm and coffee shop inside a re-purposed train station. I thought concept would make a nice rebel hangout.

Repository
    https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9205279
    30x30 Rebel Hangout, with reading loft and plenty of space for studying or honing baking and gardening skills.

tumblr_p6jng8iP0n1wlut4lo6_r1_1280.jpg

Reading Loft
    tumblr_p6jn4i2rrr1wlut4lo6_1280.jpg
    Rear view from loft
    tumblr_p6jn4i2rrr1wlut4lo7_1280.jpg
    Exteriors
    Rear view
    tumblr_p6kbq0hd2E1x95scjo1_1280.jpg
    Railbed garden
    tumblr_p6jn4i2rrr1wlut4lo4_1280.jpg
    tumblr_p6jng8iP0n1wlut4lo1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_p6jng8iP0n1wlut4lo2_1280.jpg
    tumblr_p6jng8iP0n1wlut4lo3_1280.jpg
    Coffee Bar
    tumblr_p6jn4i2rrr1wlut4lo8_1280.jpg

Ground floor interiors
    Kitchen
    tumblr_p6jn4i2rrr1wlut4lo3_1280.jpg
    corridor to Kitchen, Nectar press room and (not pictured restroom)
    tumblr_p6jng8iP0n1wlut4lo4_r1_1280.jpg
    Rail tunnel
    tumblr_p6jng8iP0n1wlut4lo5_r1_1280.jpg
    hydroponic grow room (with additional restroom with all in one bathrooms not pictured)
    tumblr_p6jn4i2rrr1wlut4lo10_r1_1280.jpg

Items used
    Venues: This build uses decor and items from the Deliciously Indulgent Bakery, Stones Throw Greenhouse and Al Fresco Street Market. It uses a window (Clearstory 3-Tier Window) from Lucky Palms, and a plant (Peasant’s Potted Plants) from Monte Vista.

Happy Simming!

The Repository is a very nice venue for sims to enjoy building up a variety of skills! Very nice exterior design and layout of the build! It looks great! The windows used give a great look to the build.The gardening, the chicken coop and the hives outdoors areas and the indoors grow room are great to build up gardening skills! The design of the gardening areas looks very nice! The rows of plants and trees looks great ! The market stand is a nice touch in the build.Very nice reading and art nook loft area. Sims will enjoy sitting at the table , on the stools or in the hanging chairs, reading a book or enjoying painting on the easel. Very nice kitchen area for sims to enjoy building up cooking skills. It is nice that there is a coffee bar area for sims to enjoy ordering food and drinks to eat whilst at the venue, either indoors or outside.
    The design of the build looks great! Sims will enjoy gardening, reading, cooking, painting and dining at the venue ! :)
    Thank you @Rosemow :)
    edited April 2018
    This lot was mostly a proof of concept to see how well mini lots would work on a lot together. It is 3 mini-houses that would have fit on a 10x10 (The largest one is smaller than 8x8, but they are combined on a 30x30 as apartments with communal amenities (Sauna, pool, garden, playground and greenspace.) I built it on a beach lot in Aurora Skies. Each house has it's own all in one bathroom and basic kitchen.

Lagom
    https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9205857
    30x30 Tiny house communal lot

tumblr_p6odq4kTPi1x95scjo5_r1_1280.jpg

Living Spaces:
    Single Sim House
    tumblr_p6odq4kTPi1x95scjo1_r1_1280.jpg
    Couple House
    tumblr_p6odq4kTPi1x95scjo2_r1_1280.jpg
    Family House
    tumblr_p6odq4kTPi1x95scjo3_r1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_p6odq4kTPi1x95scjo4_r1_1280.jpg

Exteriors:
    tumblr_p6odq4kTPi1x95scjo8_r1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_p6odq4kTPi1x95scjo7_r1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_p6odq4kTPi1x95scjo9_r1_1280.jpg

Floorplan
    tumblr_p6odq4kTPi1x95scjo6_r3_1280.jpg

Notes:
    Objects from Aurora Skies were used on this lot including the roofing.
    The public areas are set to public so a cheat is need if you decide to edit the exteriors. "restrictbuildbuyinbuildings false"
  • MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    edited April 2018
    You said they were three 10x10 lots you placed onto a single 30x30? Or do you mean you placed three 10x10 lots next to each other? (Which would make it 30x10, so I'm not sure that's what you mean.)

I'm asking because I've never seen a way to place two lots onto a single empty lot. Wish we could, but I think that's why they changed the way it works in Sims 4.

It's amazing how much you managed to fit into each of the small areas. I really like the design of the nursery and the way things are colored.
    edited April 2018
    @MiaSkywalker I divided up a 30x30 lot mapping off 10x10 sections for the houses and used the rest for green space. The purple is 10x10 sections and the light blue is the houses planned footprint, the family house ended up slightly larger. I was trying out Ciane's 16 tile challenge.

tumblr_p6kfewWd8S1x95scjo1_r1_1280.jpg

I meant combined in the sense of having several on the same lot, sorry for my phrasing.

I wish we could combine lots too.
  • MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    Ohhh, I see. So it's really one lot, but you sectioned it off. Ok, that makes more sense. :)

Actually, because Sims can now own multiple lots (I think that came with... showtime?), it's possible to have three separate lots for your family, and have different members live on the different lots. Useful if you want to have multiple generations and have them live in different homes, yet keep them all in the active family. (I've never done that, simply because I've never gotten far enough in a family for the second gen to move out and get married.)