Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

HELP! THE SIMS 3 LATE NIGHT WON'T OPEN

Hello everyone!

I digitally downloaded the Sims 3 Late Night from Amazon through EA. The download and installation went perfectly, but now the game won't open. When I click on the application, it doesn't open, instead my other expansion pack pops up and replaces Late Night and tries to open. When I actually get Late Night to stay up, a message pops up saying that the application can't be opened (below it is a -600)

If anyone knows what to do help would be greatly appreciated! :)

Comments

• Options
    KSkywalker4571KSkywalker4571 Posts: 413 Member
    edited January 2014
    What other Expansion Packs do you have installed? If you have an Expansion or Stuff Pack that was released after Late Night, that would be the EP/SP you use to run the game.
    1/16/2015 I own the Store! :o:D
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    edited January 2014
    Whenever you add a new Expansion Pack or Stuff Pack to your game you get new objects and other new types of game play.

When you load the game you see the loading screen of the latest released EP or SP you own.

If you look at the list in release order, you should find the EP or SP you own and the last one released is the loading screen you will see.

This is the release order.

World Adventures
    High End Loft Stuff
    Ambitions
    Fast Lane Stuff
    Late Night
    Outdoor Living stuff
    Generations
    Town Life Stuff
    Pets
    Master Suite Stuff
    Showtime
    Katy Perry's Sweet Treats
    Diesel Stuff
    Supernatural
    Seasons
    70s 80s 90s Stuff
    University Life
    Island Paradise
    Movie Stuff
    Into the Future
  • Options
    baybaychuldbaybaychuld Posts: 4
    edited January 2014
    The other expansion pack I have is University Life, which looks like it was released after late night. So that means I just use my university life disc to play both?
  • Options
    MaxTheF0XMaxTheF0X Posts: 2 New Member
    So should I uninstall pets and generations, then install late night and then re-install them?
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited November 2017
    MaxTheF0X wrote: »
    So should I uninstall pets and generations, then install late night and then re-install them?
    There is no need to install the EPs in any kind of order.

If you already have Pets and Generations, then add in an earlier EP like Late Nite, you still start the game the same way you always did. You will get the splash screen for the latest released EP that you have installed, but the content for the earlier released one just installed one will then also be present in your game.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net