Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How common is a meteor strike in Sims?

2...Next

Comments

• Jerry4Jerry4 Posts: 32 Member
    Ive personally never seen a meteor strike but my friend told me that she saw one and as it was falling (because it creates a shadow on the ground) she screamed because her sim walked right into it and died.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I've never had one and I've played since the game released. I really want one though!
  • 1need4kaffee1need4kaffee Posts: 486 Member
    When I first got Uni, I had several meteor strikes on campus. Between death by meteor and death by kitchen fire there were very few students by the end of the semester. I think those were bugs that got fixed, though. But I still remove all fireplaces and upgrade the stove first thing when I go to college now. ;)
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,426 Member
    I've never had one and I've played since the game released. I really want one though!

Have you got the EP: Ambitions installed? If you don't have Ambitions, you won't get meteor strikes.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Saltysea21Saltysea21 Posts: 182 Member
    I've had ambitions for awhile now and I've never had a meteor come down. Is there a way to make this happen more frequently?
    This is one corner… of one country, in one continent, on one planet that’s a corner of a galaxy that’s a corner of a universe that is forever growing and shrinking and creating and destroying and never remaining the same for a single millisecond. And there is so much, so much to see.
  • BooBooKittieBooBooKittie Posts: 32 Member
    I just had this happen to me yesterday for the first time. My sim was in China and doing the opportunity that wanted her to max martial arts skill and then break a space rock. She was meditating in the scholar garden and got hit and turned into a red ghost. Luckily she's a gardening and had a death flower and the Grim reaper took it and forgot why he was there. It was so cool. Been playing since 2009 but never used world adventures much. I feel like it's suspect that the opportunity wanted a space rock tho cause after the Grim left I was able to pick up a bunch
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    The chance for a random meteor strike is reachable by way of tuning mods or by using NRaas Retuner.
    Retuner > ... > Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.Miscellaneous.Meteor > kRandomMeteorChance > (default is 0.0001)

Either way, one would want to understand the difference between meteor strikes and meteor showers (it's an ITF thing), as they are very different and the chances for each are set differently. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Danged_HuskyDanged_Husky Posts: 39 Member
    I had it happen to my lot ONCE. Never after that! They're so rare. I wonder if there's a cheat to get a meteor hit your lot.
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,280 Member
    edited August 2017
    I had it happen to my lot ONCE. Never after that! They're so rare. I wonder if there's a cheat to get a meteor hit your lot.

@Danged_Husky, MTS has a mod for More/Less Meteor strikes if you don't mind using mods in your game... :)I would link you the mod but I am on my tablet at the moment... ;) Here is one that I have found but I think there might be another one on the site as well.
    http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=585038
  • Danged_HuskyDanged_Husky Posts: 39 Member
    @lisasc360 Thanks a lot! :smile:
  • sport0714sport0714 Posts: 142 Member
    I had it happen one time. The space rock it left was huge and went for big bucks. B)
  • VioletHazeVioletHaze Posts: 2 New Member
    I had no idea this was a thing until one day I was playing with the generations exp on and the adults were away for a vacation and the kids were home alone. I had the option to have the kids skip school but I sent them anyways....and an asteroid hit the school, killing all the children in town...fml