Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The gift of sharing together each day of the year

rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
edited March 5 in Nominated Threads
Hello. :) This thread is for anyone who may like to post each day about something that has happened in their lives that day or the previous day. It may be a happy experience, or an encouraging thing that happened, or a sadder experience and you would like to share and find support here with simming friends.
Also, if you would like to instead post a nice photo or poem or encouraging quote or any thing nice that you have seen , it would be a delight to see it. :)
Everyone is very welcome to post in this thread! :)

I also just wanted to let you know about a thread that I have set up in another section of the forums.
It is called. " We care! Supporting Simmers going through hard times" The link to it is
http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/799015/we-care-supporting-simmers-going-through-hard-times
We are here to support you.

ceff52ecaf36e238c9b44a0dfd6afd80_zps5f813536.jpg

3d1139e742b0500bee1330b17024f659_zps0f80928f.jpg
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Options
    readreadreadreadreadreadreadread Posts: 6,243 Member
    edited December 2013
    Rose is a very nice thread!

Well, yesterday we received an ornament in the mail from my dad's cousin that said "The ones we love never truly leave us" written on a seashell in remembrance of my grandma.

What happened in you day?
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Rose is a very nice thread!

Well, yesterday we received an ornament in the mail from my dad's cousin that said "The ones we love never truly leave us" written on a seashell in remembrance of my grandma.

What happened in you day?

Hello readreadreadread :) That is such a special ornament and words that were written on it! You and your family will always treasure it and remember your precious grandma when you look at it. Thanks very much for telling us about it.
  • Options
    duyguugudurduyguugudur Posts: 2,684 Member
    edited December 2013
    Hello Rose what a nice thread,thanks for creating it!! But i really would like to know ur day better too as i care for you!! :) Soo missy there is no escape! ;)

Recently i am having blast in my private & simmimg life , eventhough my work life is problamatic but i am still thanking God as i have loved ones and you guys here :))

I am exciting because this year i am going to host an new year party at home, together with my close friends,hopefully if i can mange, we will have a lovely start in 2014. I am a bit stressfull as i am working today full and tomorrow too!! T.T Try to leave office at 5 pm( normally 6.30 pm is my usual time) as i need to do my last minute preparations, and tonite i will cook non stop!! Also one of my close friends lost her grandpa as i will also visit her as consolation :( Donot want to leave her unsupported!

This year i was unable to buy new decorations for tree so i was a bit unhappy abt it then an idea formed in my mind, i am planning to ask all my friends to atteand the party to bring at least one of their decorations(as borrow) ,i think it will create a lovely mood you know, that tree will be decorated by all of us! :) What'cha think?

Also this weekend i had watched/read many tutorials abt CFE,Split Levels and created a modern building :) Used many gifts that i have received by my generous friends :)
    Now outside/lanscape is finished,exterior of building is finished, inside walls' paints too! ;) And ystdy finaly i gameproved it and upgraded everything inside and furnished all rooms but unable to complete their re-colouring!! So i feel really accomplished and satisfied :oops:

If i cannot stop by more, happy New Year everyone!!! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Your New Years party sounds great duyguugudur :) I am sure that it will go very well and you will have a lovely and special time with your friends and a great start to the New Year. It is such a special idea to have your friends to each bring a decoration for your tree to the party! The tree will look pretty and be a special combination of items from all your friends for everyone to enjoy looking at.
    It is caring of you to visit your friend whose grandfather has passed away to support her.
    I am glad that your build is going well. I will look forward to seeing the finished home!
    May all the preparations for your party go very well ! :)
  • Options
    YellowJaneYellowJane Posts: 6,589 Member
    edited December 2013
    Hello Rose, what a nice thread :D

Yesterday we went into London. We saw a photographers exhibition in the Science Museum and it was really interesting... Better than Corinne Day I would say, her photos creeped me out ;)I will come back to contribute when I have a better input, too :)

~YellowJane~
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    edited December 2013
    Ah, Rose, you think of the best things!

Yesterday I thought we'd have to work the Christmas lights all night long and it was already freezing when we left the house to turn them on. BUT our volunteers showed up. :D. One woman brought her daughter. They didn't have any gloves or hats and the daughter's leather jacket seemed too thin for those temps. I took off my gloves and offer the liners to the daughter and the shells to her mom. Then I took off my coat and my sweat shirt underneath. We bundled the daughter in my sweatshirt and I wrapped my scarf around her too. She was much warmer as I left. It's nice to be layered! And it's really nice when you can help someone out like that. :D
  • Options
    coreyjeannoahpatcoreyjeannoahpat Posts: 345 Member
    edited December 2013
    This was more than a day or two ago, but on Christmas Eve, and again on Christmas day/night, our whole street lined the curbs with luminaries, just little paper bags with snowflake shapes cut out of them and small tea candles lit inside. We live on a cul-de-sac and every house participated. It was so simple, but so beautiful. :wink:
    “Many people will walk in and out of your life, but only true friends will leave footprints in your heart”
    --Eleanor Roosevelt

“It is by chance that we met, by choice that we became friends.”
  • Options
    YellowJaneYellowJane Posts: 6,589 Member
    edited December 2013
    This was more than a day or two ago, but on Christmas Eve, and again on Christmas day/night, our whole street lined the curbs with luminaries, just little paper bags with snowflake shapes cut out of them and small tea candles lit inside. We live on a cul-de-sac and every house participated. It was so simple, but so beautiful. :wink:

Awww :XD:
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Hello YellowJane :) The photography exhibition sounds interesting. I enjoyed looking at the photos that you took recently of the heirloom watch and posted on your blog. They are great!
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    ciane wrote:
    Ah, Rose, you think of the best things!

Yesterday I thought we'd have to work the Christmas lights all night long and it was already freezing when we left the house to turn them on. BUT our volunteers showed up. :D. One woman brought her daughter. They didn't have any gloves or hats and the daughter's leather jacket seemed too thin for those temps. I took off my gloves and offer the liners to the daughter and the shells to her mom. Then I took off my coat and my sweat shirt underneath. We bundled the daughter in my sweatshirt and I wrapped my scarf around her too. She was much warmer as I left. It's nice to be layered! And it's really nice when you can help someone out like that. :D

That was so very kind of you Ciane! :) The daughter and her Mum would have felt warmed up both on the outside and inside with your care for her.
  • Options
    edited December 2013

It sounds so lovely coreyjeannoahpat ! :) It would have been such a special sight to see! Very nice thing for your street to do for Christmas.
  • Options
    Sierra24Sierra24 Posts: 721 Member
    edited January 2014
    Rose, what a pleasant surprise to see this thread. I always see you sharing your love on other people's thread but nothing for us to give our love back to you....till now. :D

So this is my story that happened a little over a week ago. I had a couple more nice experiences since but this one is just special that keeps me thinking about it, and I've only shared it with one other person.

It happened right before Christmas during Christmas dinner where all our families from California got together. It was one of the best Christmas of my life because two of my cousins from different families both mentioned when I saw them during dinner on Sunday that they like to see me more than just once a year only during either Christmas or Thanksgiving. We were never really close and during our youth there were some bitterness between us, so it was like a wall between us had come down when I heard it.

I reconnected with God about 1 1/2 year ago, and earlier this year I decided to start praying for others and praise God every morning before I get out of bed. So Christmas was the first time I saw them since I started praying for them and when I saw them, they were really nice and open with me.

And it just dawned on me last Monday that everyone I pray for is nicer and friendlier towards me. It's not something I pray for as all I do is ask God to bless them. Before I use to pray and ask for help for myself but not much ever happens. Now I pray for others and thank God daily and now I see blessing constantly come my way. I know there are other things I'm doing that causes the blessings to come but I realize now this is one of them.

And Happy New Years Rose and everyone else reading this, but above all, be bless. :D

Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    Faith05201Faith05201 Posts: 245 Member
    edited December 2013
    Rose, what a lovely way you put into words, the title of this thread, for we do all share together each and every day of the year -not just during the holiday :D

I am so blessed by this community every day! I don't think most people are aware of how much just a kind word said can travel to the hearts of many <3

Thank you for beginning this thread, and I thank every person who contributes, either by posting or simply by viewing, thereby giving their own good graces :-)
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Hello Sierra24 :) Thankyou very much for sharing your special Christmas experience with us.

I hope that you and everyone who is reading the posts in this thread has a nice New Year of 2014 with special moments in each day.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Hello Faith05201 :) It is lovely to see your post in this thread. The simming community is a great source of support as we live our lives each day.
  • Options
    VanessaVennerVanessaVenner Posts: 347 Member
    edited December 2013
    Dear Rose I hope this thread lives on page 1 in the new year. It is like having coffee or tea with friends and having a chat. The sweetest ever.
    With my new granddaughter Mia visiting us almost every day, I have started to baby proof our house yesterday. I can't wait to see her again today. We made hand and foot prints in clay on Christmas day. Kind of a whole ceremony with family present as it was her actual due date. She came two month early on Halloween. A very special little one.
    It is different to actually "meet" people and hear about the things that happen in their everyday lives. And it takes a common interest like sims to bring us together.

• Options
    edited December 2013
    @rosemow
    This was a brilliant idea. Someplace to keep up with one another without it being about some specific topic or only in times of crisis. Lovely. :D
    ETA: I also meant to say, but forgot, this thread pretty much embodies the sentiment of your siggy. It's so undeniably rosemow. :wink:

@Sierra24
    It's not just a change in others, it's a change in yourself, too. Opening your heart in such a way can also make you see and appreciate the positive aspects of people that you may have missed before. Most likely is that it's a combination of the two. So happy you can connect with your family better now! :-)

@Vanessa
    My youngest came early also. It can be scary to have a preemie, but it sounds like she's doing okay? So precious when they're teeny tiny, but it goes so quickly! I love what you said about coming together for a cup of coffee or tea with friends to chat. It does feel that way, doesn't it?

@everybody else
    Hello! I just became active on the forums a little over a month ago, so I'm still meeting people and welcome any friend requests! :)
    “Many people will walk in and out of your life, but only true friends will leave footprints in your heart”
    --Eleanor Roosevelt

• Options
    edited December 2013
    Hello VanessaVenner :)I also send a little hello to your dear little grandaughter Mia. :) The hand and foot prints in clay that you made on Christmas Day is very special! It is a lovely way to celebrate what was her due date. She is such a special Halloween arrival.

• Options
    edited December 2013
  • Options
    bethany1552bethany1552 Posts: 79 Member
    edited December 2013
    Can I share something that I am really excited about?

At my school we have junior and senior projects (this is an arts magnet high school) in which we write a paper about a topic and then connect some sort of project to it. This year I get to do my junior project and for it I am writing a paper about the diffusion of street style and fashion trends. My project which relates to the paper will be designing and putting together the costumes for my friends senior project: a hip-hop remake/rewrite of westside story. Today we had a production meeting and I have so many great ideas for costumes and I am having a lot of fun with the people involved so far. Soon we begin casting and then I get to really start working! Also feel free to send me a friend request I love making friends here :D
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Recently one of our cats (Marty) had to be put down, but he lived a very long and happy life up until the end, but what I wanted to share was that the sent my family a card and bouquet offering their condolences. I just thought it was a kind gesture especially because his death was so close to christmas and we had had him for so long. We left Marty's stocking up this year in memory and we are planning on donating to the shelter we adopted him from in his memory.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Hello bethany1552 :) Your project sounds great! It sounds exciting and fun to design and make costumes for your friends Westside story production. You will enjoy working with the people who have the various roles in the production. Enjoy designing and putting the costumes together. :)

I am sorry that your cat Marty had to be put down. He would have been a special member of your family. The vet sounds very caring and thoughtful to send your family a bouquet and condolence card. It would have been a support to you. It is nice that you hung up Marty's stocking in memory of him. You would have had special memories of him each time you looked at it.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Recently one of our cats (Marty) had to be put down, but he lived a very long and happy life up until the end, but what I wanted to share was that the sent my family a card and bouquet offering their condolences. I just thought it was a kind gesture especially because his death was so close to christmas and we had had him for so long. We left Marty's stocking up this year in memory and we are planning on donating to the shelter we adopted him from in his memory.

Oh, that is so hard to deal with at any time, but much tougher through the holidays. :( It's been a year since I lost my little pet who was like a family member to me. The vet that we take our doggies to is also especially kind when an animal passes; they gave us a seed to plant so that a flower could grow in our yard as a memorial of my little guy. He was a 6 pound Chihuahua, named Soldaro. I called him Sol most of the time. Donating to the shelter in Marty's memory is an awesome idea. Sent you a friend request, btw!
    ~~coreyjean~~
    --Eleanor Roosevelt

• Options
    edited December 2013
    rosemow wrote:
    I am sorry that your cat Marty had to be put down. He would have been a special member of your family. The vet sounds very caring and thoughtful to send your family a bouquet and condolence card. It would have been a support to you. It is nice that you hung up Marty's stocking in memory of him. You would have had special memories of him each time you looked at it.

Thank you, I really miss him he was a sassy old fat cat but he was so sick towards the end. we just did what we could to make sure he was not in pain but eventually his cancer spread through his body and he wasn't doing well.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Oh, that is so hard to deal with at any time, but much tougher through the holidays. :( It's been a year since I lost my little pet who was like a family member to me. The vet that we take our doggies to is also especially kind when an animal passes; they gave us a seed to plant so that a flower could grow in our yard as a memorial of my little guy. He was a 6 pound Chihuahua, named Soldaro. I called him Sol most of the time. Donating to the shelter in Marty's memory is an awesome idea. Sent you a friend request, btw!
    ~~coreyjean~~

I'm sorry about Sol. I know exactly what you mean about it being harder at the holidays.

We used to always bury our pets under some sort of flower or plant too but our past few that have passed have been cats that have been 13+ years old and very special to us so were cremated. The summer before last our cat Daphne died, she was one of the sweetest cats I have ever known and my parents got her right after I was born. She would eat raisins and potato chips and in the summer I would often sit on the front porch with a book and a popsicle(usually grape) and she would get on my lap and nap and whenever she woke up lick the popsicle.

Aren't pets the greatest? I have two cats now and I have a chihuahua right now. His name is Sox. He is a pale long haired chihuahua and he is so soft but he sure does have an attitude problem XD. When he was a puppy he didnt look like a chihuahua but instead he looked like a lab puppy. Can you imagine being told you were getting a chihuahua but instead getting a lab? That would have been too funny.

I'll accept your request and any that follow!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top