Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Building or Owning a Restaurant- How do you do it?

I was just wondering about creating a restaurant. I only know that you need to own the Industrial Oven in order to create one.

1. But do you also need to own a special cash register?
2. Is there a hostess stand? Do you need to hire a hostess and/or servers?

I looked and it isn't possible to purchase the industrial oven for individual sale at the moment, but was it ever for sale individually? I don't really want the Business as Usual Bistro venue, just the oven, but if the oven will never be sold on it's own, I just may have to.

3. Has anyone purchased the Industrial Oven as an individual item?

And,

4. What has been your experience building a restaurant- what did you have to do, how did you do it, and what happened as a result?

Thanks in advance for your help; I know I'm late with a lot of Sim topics. I did a search on the topic, but couldn't find the answers I was looking for.

Also, if this is in the wrong forum, I apologize, it seemed like the most appropriate place.

Comments

• kateoverendkateoverend Posts: 7,985 Member
    edited December 2013
    Hello kcavines :)
    All you need to run a fully functional Restaurant is the Industrial Oven. It comes with Menus. The Chef serves as both Waiter/Waitress and Chef. I have a lot of fun running Restaurants :)
    rnKEhBT.png
  • kateoverendkateoverend Posts: 7,985 Member
    edited December 2013
    I almost forgot... Welcome to the forums kcavines *hugs* This is a very warm and friendly community, I am sure you will meet many lovely people here and make many wonderful friends :)
    rnKEhBT.png
  • ChimarkChimark Posts: 2,166 Member
    edited December 2013
    Here's Alexis from SimsVIP and she does a good overview on the Business as Usual set.

You can see how to use it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZF5slzpCpA4

• kcavineskcavines Posts: 84
    edited December 2013
    Thank you kateoverend, that information helps a lot. I've been playing the Sims since the very beginning (97', 98' maybe?), and I've lurked the forums since the start of Sims3, but I've only recently started commenting. Your welcome is very kind : )

And chimark, I will have to check that out later, thanks...can't believe I'm still up at this hour. :?

Oh, would any of you happen to know if the Industrial Oven was ever available for individual sale? If it was, there may be a chance that it will be offered again,...that way I can avoid buying the entire venue and just wait for them to make the oven available for purchase again.
  • kati77kati77 Posts: 3,146 Member
    edited December 2013
    I don't know if the oven has ever been sold individually, and I don't know if it ever will be. Premium content that comes with venues rarely is sold separately. But then, I think some of that content has recently been released individually, so there is a chance. But when, that's impossible to guess.

Actually, a good idea is to check the in-game store. Some premium content can be found separately only there. Perhaps even the oven?

Also, the bistro is currently on sale: http://store.thesims3.com/setsProductDetails.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:67573&categoryId=13700&source=sale

It's not a big discount, though.
    01-06-18_5-09-41%C2%A0PM_2.png

• FlashygrrlFlashygrrl Posts: 634 Member
    edited December 2013
    The Light As a Feather bar is up for sale individually now, its probably just a matter of the set or venue being old enough to where they think the item will sell better on its own.
  • YellowJaneYellowJane Posts: 6,589 Member
    edited December 2013
    Welcome :)
    Yes, as Kate says, you only need the menus and the oven. And obviously then you need tables and chairs etc.. ;) THere's a problem with the oven meaning the chef you hire always quits :shock: it's annoying but hopefully it'll be sorted soon!
  • kcavineskcavines Posts: 84
    edited December 2013
    Thanks guys...and gals.

Well it doesn't look like I'll be getting the Business as Usual Bistro venue by January 2, which is the end of the sale. I'm 365 points away, and with the free simpoints, I won't have enough by the 2nd.

Shoot, so close yet so far away, I guess I will just have to do without. :? Ah, well.

Thanks for the information though! :wink:
  • AldermanTomAldermanTom Posts: 499 Member
    edited December 2013
    This is kind of related, but how do you use the registers from WA to set up a restauraunt. I know that they will not be as realistic as the bistro, but I am wondering how we use the registers ( food and non food).
  • RebelRevanAngelRebelRevanAngel Posts: 8 New Member
    I don't have any SimPoints, at all. Is there any other way to own/run your own Restaurant?