Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Need help with the Heartbreaker lifetime wish!!

I gave my sim the heartbreaker lifetime wish. It's the first time I've ever used it. Seems like it should be fun, right? Well here's my problem. I start a relationship with a sim. Become boyfriend/girlfriend (when I scroll over the heartbreaker/ lifetime wish icon under Sims profile it shows count to be 1/10), I even make sure they woohoo just to go as far with the b/g relationship as I can. After this I break up with them. That sim ends up with a little heart with an x next to it. BUT the count under the lifetime wish goes back to 0/10. What am I doing wrong??? Please help. I've searched and read other posts and I'm not having any luck with an answer. Thanx!

Comments

• ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    edited December 2013
    I've never done that LTW myself, but if I'm not mistaken you have to be boyfriend/girlfriend with all 10 at the same time. If you break up they no longer count.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • vonhaussenvonhaussen Posts: 270 New Member
    edited December 2013
    Have you tried resetting your Sim?
    Have you read Carl's Sims 3 guide? I use it for reference quite a lot.

http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/lifetimewishes/heartbreaker.php

I know I've played that character before and I don't remember having any trouble with it. As long as your character is actually going steady with another, it should count.

Now I've never had any luck with the Master Romancer where you have to woo-hoo with 5 different Sims in 5 different locations.
  • lziuraitislziuraitis Posts: 6
    edited December 2013
    I started a whole new sim with the same traits as well as the heartbreaker ltw. after establishing a relationship and becoming b/g with one sim I tried to start another relationship with another sim. I've had two results. one the sim rejects my sim saying something to the affect of 'you've got issues' (lol) and walks away. the second result is I can establish another romantic interest and can even woohoo but never does the option to go steady ever appear. I'll have to read the carls guide. I figured this would be a fun thing (I'm starting to get into the same ol rut) but instead it is becoming a pain in the butt!
  • wyethiawyethia Posts: 48
    edited December 2013
    the carl's guide linked by a previous poster says that you can't go steady with more than one sim at a time, so much break the hearts in a row.

I have one Sim with this wish, but was having a lot of trouble with it, mostly because she has some weird combo of traits that makes it terribly hard to romance sims. I never got past 2 and haven't been playing her.
  • lziuraitislziuraitis Posts: 6
    edited December 2013
    I've given up on this lifetime wish! I've tried everything I can think of. Breaking up with sims, not breaking up, woohooing, I even tried by changing my traits to Flirty, Commitment Issues, Irresistible, Great Kisser, and so on. And still I cannot get past one boyfriend. Would have been fun to finish it though. Starting to get in that 'been there done that' mood with my game.
  • tjstreaktjstreak Posts: 808 Member
    edited January 2014
    I had the same problem. I approached it from a different angle. My sim mastered the Social Networking Skill. When the skill is mastered, the sim can change the relationship with another sim to boyfriend/girlfriend.

I changed the relationship of ten sims to that of boyfriend or girlfriend. Unlike other methods of increasing a relationship, if the sim uses the relationship transmogifier, they can have multiple partners. It still did not work right with ten boyfriends, so I changed one more. At eleven boyfriends it was mission accomplished.

I don't feel bad about doing it this way, because by the time I had developed my Social Networking skill, my sim already had had over 20 boyfriends -- over half of them at University. Besides developing the Social Networking skill is a pain and a half.
  • bklienhartbklienhart Posts: 2,975 Member
    edited January 2014
    I was doing it a year or two ago (w/o cheating), but now I can't remember how. :roll:

I seem to recall it involved not going steady with the other sim, but asking them to break up with their boyfriend. Of course the sim they broke up with hates you, but so what. One guy, I stole his girlfriend 3 times. Starting in High School, the last time I stole his wife while she was preggers with his baby, then kicked her to the curb.

I specifically made that sim with Evil, Flirty, Great Kisser & Charismatic traits just so I could do that LTW. I didn't get the Master Romancer LTR because that would be too easy. I think I did get the Attractive LTR though.