Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Patch install error invalid file found and info about purchasing simpoints

Hello,I am playing sims 3 from india.I have sims 3 game launcher version 1.42 from dvd and I got some bugs with with this version.So I tried to update this version from manual links and I got a patch from region 2 Europe,austrailia and rest of world region,but when I started installing patches from this region its starts but in the process of installing it shows an error an invalid file found.What should I do ? Ialso cannot download super patch or patch from game launcher because I donot have a fast internet connection. At last I wnt to ask just a question that can I get simpoints for free or I have to pay for simpoints. Please answer me and help me about patching problem

Comments

• NichaedemusNichaedemus Posts: 16,905 Member
    edited December 2013
    Hi,

Do you have access to a public library or other public space that offers free internet access? You could also enlist the help of someone local in your area to download the latest manual game patch file for you. As for the free SimPoints, you may wish to check out the following discussion thread:

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/706812.page

When you need help with The Sims 3 or The Sims 4, be sure to check out the Master Help Thread today!
  • sanjayaloriasanjayaloria Posts: 27 New Member
    edited December 2013
    Thanks.I want to know what is simport because I have sims 3 generations and showtime expansions.
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    edited December 2013
    Sim port is when you have a sim who has a show time career. Singer, acrobat or magician. You can send them to visit another players game to perform and then come back to you.

There can be complications when doing this so keep a backup of the game and check your sim for bad custom content when it returns. There is a thread on Bad CC and how to find and get rid of it stickier near the top of this forum.

People can have it in their game without knowing about it if they get things from the exchange or other third party sites.
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    edited December 2013
  • sanjayaloriasanjayaloria Posts: 27 New Member
    edited December 2013
    .Thanks.