Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

♥♥~Romagi's Sims 3 Creations~♥♥~Bahama Breeze~♥♥

Comments

• BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,909 Member
    Another beautiful request sweet Rox! The design and detail are amazing! <3
  • SandraelleSandraelle Posts: 6,146 Member
    soocoolsim wrote: »
    Ravendale Estate is a lovely home Rox. Such neat special features throughout the home like the bathroom and fireplace and the cool touches like the way you used shelves and cubbies. Rec'd and downloaded. Heading off to check out this beauty in game :smiley:

I agree Paula....she always finds some unique ways to use the shelves and desks!
  • trashbinsouvenirtrashbinsouvenir Posts: 412 Member

romagi1 wrote: »
    Question for current request.

Bookmarking this thread while I am creating for you should help insure that you receive notifications.

6/19/17

There are several styles in IP, Florida, Mediterranean and Ultra Modern. I couldn't decide which to go with, so you get to pick. It's pretty much just the outside of these. Just laid out enough of the main floor to see what rooms would fit.

I chose to start the build on a solid 60 x 60 lot in SV, keeping in mind that I will have 2 tiles on each side and 4 in the back. The lot in IP sinks when you flatten it. Once I have all the build parts done I will move it to IP and do the landscaping.

If you have a picture of something you would like in the home, feel free to post it and I will see what I can do.

I couldn't place a dock for you. I tried to build it in a pond and a pool and it won't work. The mooring cleat has to be in the ocean. So I tried to give you plenty of parking for all their toys. But, I may try again, maybe I missed something before.

You have a spa room and a gym listed. Do they need to be separate or can they be together? I'm not yet far enough in either of the builds to know what I would need, just want to know what my options are.

On the skills, do you want the bot builder or the nectar maker? What about the science station and the brain enhancer from Uni?

I've never used the wave station so I'm really excited to try that out!

Also, do you want room for a Butler?

I have 2 choices below but if you'd like to see an Ultra flat roof modern just let me know. Wall color and patterns, roof color and windows and such are all subject to change.

The Florida house has 6 enclosed parking spots and the master and nursery are on the main floor and is built on a foundation.

Screenshot-1.jpg

The Mediterranean home has 7 enclosed parking spots and the master and nursery are on the second floor, it's built slab style.

Screenshot-3.jpg

Ahh! Thank you so much for taking my request so soon! So excited!! I just got back from living in Tokyo for a year, so this is perfect timing! My last request I had done by you, and I still use that home ALL the time-- even for different families just because I love it SO much. But this family I'm going for a different feel with the ocean/island feel and not futuristic at all, so I felt it was time to get a new request put in! I'll try to answer your questions in order so I don't miss any!

- The spa and gym don't need to be separate. So however your muse desires to create the space, I give it free reign! :)
    - Skills: I don't need a bot builder or nectar maker. I probably won't get into those skills too much with this family, since most of my past families I have been focusing on that too much. Trying to mix it up. :) I will definitely need the science station and brain enhancer though, as my main sim is majoring in Science and career in science, plus needs to max the science skill for her lifetime wish-- lots of science! :lol:
    - Yeah the only time I've gotten to place the wave station before was on a resort lot, but that didn't work very well. And since she's a mermaid, she needs hydration all of the time, so I thought it might be interesting to mix it up. I'm glad you're excited to try it! It's so large it's difficult to make it fit anywhere for me, mostly because I'm quite a terrible builder :lol:
    - A room for a butler would be very nice! Normally I get a plumbot for that sort of thing, but since I'm trying to stay out of future stuff... a butler is probably best.

I like the Mediterranean best out of those two pictures! I don't usually use too many vehicles in my game, maybe one or two... three max, so if it helps you free up space that's all I really need as far as cars. :) If you do have an ultra modern picture I wouldn't mind seeing that. Thank you so much!
    Simply,
    Brittany (bwillisucf)

Zpj9msL.png
  • romagi1romagi1 Posts: 6,988 Member
    edited June 2017
    Thanks for checking in and answering my questions @trashbinsouvenir!

I was trying to give you plenty of parking since I couldn't get the dock for you, but since you don't need all the parking....I'll see what else I can come up with!

Of course!! I'll always try to respond as quickly as possible for you!
    Can boats be put in car parking spots instead of a dock?
    Simply,
    Brittany (bwillisucf)

Zpj9msL.png
    edited June 2017
    @trashbinsouvenir, all the boats and jet skies can set on a trailer but the trailer does not need a car park thing, you just need a flat area to set it. So they can be in a garage or just in the drive. Then you can just click on the boat and tell them to go boating. Of course they won't actually pull the trailer with them! LOL It goes in their pocket until they can put it in the water! :D

Edit: I didn't build an Ultra Modern but I'll see about working one up for you. :)
    Post edited by romagi1 on
    Gotcha! If only I had pockets like sims do. LOL
    Awww, thank you! You're amazing! <3
    Simply,
    Brittany (bwillisucf)

Zpj9msL.png
    @trashbinsouvenir, I have a pic of the Ultra Modern. :) The floorplan and back are not finished right now, I have several pics in my head as to what I want it to look like but thought I'd let you have a look at it before I continued. Let me know which one you would like me to finish for you! :) Florida, Mediterranean or Ultra?

Pic here: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/11584133/#Comment_11584133

edited June 2017
    Thanks @BreeMiles!
    Sandraelle wrote: »
    soocoolsim wrote: »
    Ravendale Estate is a lovely home Rox. Such neat special features throughout the home like the bathroom and fireplace and the cool touches like the way you used shelves and cubbies. Rec'd and downloaded. Heading off to check out this beauty in game :smiley:

I agree Paula....she always finds some unique ways to use the shelves and desks!

@Sandraelle and @soocoolsim! You Ladies notice everything! :)
    romagi1 wrote: »
    @trashbinsouvenir, I have a pic of the Ultra Modern. :) The floorplan and back are not finished right now, I have several pics in my head as to what I want it to look like but thought I'd let you have a look at it before I continued. Let me know which one you would like me to finish for you! :) Florida, Mediterranean or Ultra?

Pic here: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/11584133/#Comment_11584133

So difficult to choose! But I do think I like the Ultra best, though Mediterranean is such a close second. I don't have anything like the Ultra in game, and I love the architecture for it- so unique!
    Simply,
    Brittany (bwillisucf)

Zpj9msL.png
    Awesome! I'll get started figuring out a floor plan for the Ultra!
  • SandraelleSandraelle Posts: 6,146 Member
    edited June 2017
    @romagi1, although I liked the white Florida version best, this ultra modern one is going to be amazing with what you've come up with so far.
    Thanks Sandy! I think either one of those would lend itself to the color scheme for the request!
    edited June 2017
    @trashbinsouvenir, I was reading up on Mermaids...On one site it said they have a problem with fireplaces but other sites didn't mention it. Do they or does yours? In the main area I don't think she'll have a problem having to be to close to it but in the study I switched it to a fake fireplace. Unless she doesn't, then I'll change it back. And if she does...how close is too close?

Edit: Would you like to see an occasional WIP? Or just wait until the end? Or only if I have a question about something? :)
  • Piazzagirl1015Piazzagirl1015 Posts: 2,500 Member
    RE Mermaids they do have a problem with fireplaces, bonfires and firepits. I'm playing one in University and he always gets that drying out moodlet whenever he is close to one.
    Thanks @Piazzagirl1015! I hadn't seen or thought about the fire pits and bonfires! How close is too close? Like the tile right beside it or 2, 3 or 4 tiles away?
  • Piazzagirl1015Piazzagirl1015 Posts: 2,500 Member
    My sim doesn't even have to get close to it to get the negative moodlet. If there is any kind of item with a fire in it on the lot he gets it right away. He is in university and I had to remove all three items from the dorm. Mermaids are very sensitive.
    Thanks again @Piazzagirl1015 !

All fireplaces and / or firepits will be fake unless @trashbinsouvenir would like it different.
    edited June 2017
    @romagi1 If they are that sensitive (I don't have any fire on my lot right now, so I hadn't experienced it yet!) then yes please to fake! I don't want my poor mermaid drying out all the time, lol! Thank you for asking and thank you to @Piazzagirl1015 for answering the questions!!!

And if you have questions, seeing pictures sounds good. :)
    Simply,
    Brittany (bwillisucf)

Zpj9msL.png
    @trashbinsouvenir, awesome! I've got 2 fake fireplaces and did a fake fire pit on one of the decks. I've got a mermaid on the lot now so I can check for bad moodlets. :)

I was going to show you a WIP but PB is mucking things up so several of us are currently looking for a new site to host pics.
    Aw, thank you so much! Thats a lot of trouble to go through to check for bad moodlets! I appreciate it a lot!!! :)

Have you tried the site imgur?
    Simply,
    Brittany (bwillisucf)

Zpj9msL.png
    Thanks @trashbinsouvenir, apparently I had an account with imgur from years ago! Had one pic in it. LOL Thankfully I had signed up with google+ so I was able to get back in it! But it is taking forever to upload an image to it. But that could just be my internet acting up right now.

I sent my tester sim out to find a mermaid and well....I ended up making a sim and having my tester sim buy the mermaid kelp for her! :)

I am making progress tho :D Pic of the decks and the fire pit. http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/11584133/#Comment_11584133
    Oh wow!! That is such a cool way to make a fire pit!!!! I would have never thought of that... absolutely love the idea/look! Thank you so much. And that water feature is so creative.. I absolutely love it. Just from this area I'm so happy!! :) Thank you so much!
    Simply,
    Brittany (bwillisucf)

Zpj9msL.png
    Thanks! :)

@trashbinsouvenir, I have a WIP of the study so far and wanted to know if it's going towards the style you are wanting for this home?

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/11584133/#Comment_11584133

• BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,909 Member