Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Collecting information about Origin on Mac

13...Next

Comments

• Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    edited April 2014
    *Bumping back up top*
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • MiltoncamposMiltoncampos Posts: 5
    edited June 2014
    I'm having a issue with origin since i've updated mac to the mavericks version... :

I updated my mac to mavericks version, but after that, my origin doesn't open! The icon bounce in the desk, but then i have to force quit..
    I've been trying a lot of solutions to solve this problem..:

-Tried to uninstall origin on Appcleaner and then deleted this files: /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.ea.origin.ESHelper.plist
    and /Library/PrivilegedHelperTools/com.ea.origin.ESHelper

-Went to private/var/db/launchd.db/com.apple.launchd and find "overrides.plist", then tried to change this:

<key>com.ea.origin.ESHelper</key>
    <🐸🐸🐸🐸>
    <key>disabled</key>
    <true/>
    </🐸🐸🐸🐸>

to

<key>com.ea.origin.ESHelper</key>
    <🐸🐸🐸🐸>
    <key>Enabled</key>
    <true/>
    </🐸🐸🐸🐸>

(buuut, there isnt any EShelper files, so the plist edit doesn't work)

- I went to Origin > Contents > MacOS > Origin Crash reporter and found:

This application failed to start because it could not find or load the Qt platform plugin "cocoa".

Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.
    Abort trap: 6
    logout

I'm still with the problem.. im really disappointed.. :cry:
    edited June 2014
    Did you clean out the Transgaming files? Check out BlueBellFlora's thread for instructions.

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/748338.page
    edited June 2014
    Did you clean out the Transgaming files? Check out BlueBellFlora's thread for instructions.

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/748338.page

Yes! But there isn't any Transgaming files in 'Preferences' folder.. :(
    edited June 2014
    Those are hidden in the Library folders. Did you read how to find those files?
    edited June 2014
    Those are hidden in the Library folders. Did you read how to find those files?

Err... nops.. i ride bluebella's guide (http://bluebellflora.com/how-to-do-a-clean-uninstall-and-reinstall-on-a-mac/). However it didn't work :?
    (Sorry but how i can find those files? They're hidden in what folder? :oops: )
    edited June 2014
    Had to look up the post about the hidden Library file. :mrgreen:

http://bluebellflora.com/how-to-do-a-clean-uninstall-and-reinstall-on-a-mac/

This will provide the information about where to find the folder.
    edited June 2014
    Okay, i found the hidden library folder.. then i went to: Library > Preferences ... but still with no transgaming files, and with no 'Cider Preferences' folder too.. :?
  • Seeing_In_PixelsSeeing_In_Pixels Posts: 14 New Member
    Hey there! When I installed my game, I was putting in codes for instillation. The codes were not specified as to which ones they were, so I put them in using the order they were printed on the email. Well, I put in the Pets code first. Now it says my code has been used. The Sims works fine, though.
    If this happens again, you probably will need to contact EA Customer support to obtain a new code to use. As long as the game shows up as purchased, you should be fine.
  • TishahxTishahx Posts: 1 New Member
    Okay so, ever since this new update to origin i cannot download any sims 3 games, both expansion and stuff packs. I can redeem my codes for the games, but when i press the download button NOTHING HAPPENS; and when i try to start the game it tells me "Launching this game while a download is in progress can negatively impact gameplay. Are you sure you want to continue?" This is confusing as i cannot access the download manager and it does not tell me that a download has started, underneath the message the download just has a percentage symbol and not an actual number next to it.

I have never had an issue with origin before so this came as a surprise to me. I have updated to the latest OS X software and the latest origin. I have reinstalled my operating system and deleted the cache files from origin. I have reinstalled origin so many times and have also changed the destination of the downloads and NONE OF THESE WORKED, IM ACTUALLY SO FRUSTRATED DJVB;AIERBUVJSBNOLZFGHJLRAWOEHF

If you could find any solution to help me I would be really grateful, thanks :)
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• simsman2001simsman2001 Posts: 3 New Member
    I've downloaded through origin and the base game works, download any of the EP's,/SP's and my mac crashes. Haven't seen the i for information anywhere on origin and now it's saying I have the base game installed, even though I've done a clean install and scoured my system for all the files as told in the "how to do a clean uninstall/reinstall on a mac" post
    First of all, what kind of Mac do you have? And also are you running the latest version of the OS?
    Running a minimac with a 5tb external hard drive that I was placing everything on. Moved the files to the macs hard drive and, so far, things are working decent. Still having troubles with some discs and digital downloads shortcuts not showing up and causing the famous error, delete those packs and it works again. Going to dig deeper into the forum and try to find a fix. Thank you Tremayne.
    btw, running Sierra os
  • BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    Running a minimac with a 5tb external hard drive that I was placing everything on. Moved the files to the macs hard drive and, so far, things are working decent. Still having troubles with some discs and digital downloads shortcuts not showing up and causing the famous error, delete those packs and it works again. Going to dig deeper into the forum and try to find a fix. Thank you Tremayne.

The fix is here - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/CURRENT-ISSUE-Unknown-Error-issue-in-Sims-3-in-El-Capitan-Sierra/m-p/5725514#U5725514
    apple-signature.png