Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CYS bonus Everyday Kids Collection

I own 100% of Everyday Kids Collection, but the store shows me owning only 5%. It gives me the option to buy items in the set I already own. The download box is blue on Everyday Kids Collection, and I have downloaded/installed it. I've used the items in game.

I posted about this issue before here and someone said to log in and out again, which worked then for a different set. It hasn't worked this time. I've tried different browsers, and I contacted support who were very friendly but completely useless. They just told me to post here, even though I said I did already.

So, how can I fix this issue? Because it's not showing as 100%, I'm missing out on getting the November 2011 compilation for free right now :( It wants me to spend 210 points, but if Everyday Kids Collection was 100% then it would be free.

Please help!

Comments

• Options
    ChimarkChimark Posts: 2,166 Member
    edited November 2013
    See if this helps

Go into the Everyday Kids Collection

http://store.thesims3.com/setsProductDetails.html?scategoryId=11488&index=0&productId=OFB-SIM3:42769

Now to make sure I'm reading you right, at the above link you get a BLUE button.

If so then go into EACH INDIVIDUAL ITEM.

So for instance, the first item is the

Heavy Weather Coat:

http://store.thesims3.com/productDetail.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:43216

Click on that link. Is that ALSO blue? If not you it should be green but read free.

You may have to download each individual item. I had to do this once to get it to work.
  • Options
    KaiyoKaiyo Posts: 245 New Member
    edited November 2013
    Yes, that link is blue! But when I go to each individual item, it wants me to buy them again :( That winter coat says 75 points.
  • Options
    ChimarkChimark Posts: 2,166 Member
    edited November 2013
    That's really interesting. Like I said, I've had cases where I own a set that is part of a larger set, and I've had to download the individual items to get it to work for the larger set.

Obviously this is not your case.

The only thing I have that is a bit like this, is I got the Chocolate Fountain as a bonus item when I ordered the Monte Vista / Hidden Springs bundle. I got the fountain for free all right. But the fountain does not show up as owned on this website.

It's in my purchase history and it's in game. So obviously the code for that fountain you get in the World's bundle is different, even though the content is the same.

I am sorry that didn't work, I'll bump this thread up and hope someone else has a different answer.

What I suggest you, as the original poster do, is re-edit the title with the exact name of the problem Set in the title. That way we can see if anyone else who owns that set has a similar issue. (People will be more apt to look at a thread if the title is specific)
  • Options
    moman2kidsmoman2kids Posts: 60 New Member
    edited November 2013
    I have the same problem with the Everyday kids collection, Romanza Bridal Party,& all the Jet Set sets. I bought a goodie box & received 2 items from the Jet Set Elders & 1 item from Romanza Bridal Party,which I already owned & was not supposed to get anything you already owned. I actually made a thread a while ago called: Sim Guru's please fix it so what I own shows up as owned but never heard anything. Hope this helps.
  • Options
    KarinLKarinL Posts: 3,989 Member
    edited November 2013
    I've had this problem with several sets, including the Jet Set Elders and the Everyday Kids. Also, I believe, the Steampunk Kitchen. For some sets it's just a single item that doesn't show up as owned even though it's part of an owned set, but for some, like Everyday Kids, every single item shows up as 'not owned'.

The weird thing is that if I sort my Purchase History by "Individual Items", then the Everyday Kids Collection shows up there. As if it were a single item instead of a set. So I believe this set at least is coded wrong and should be fixed.
    This issue has been reported a few times already, here and to Customer Service, but either they don't want to do anything about it, or they can't.

As it is, nobody can help you. CS sends you here, all we can do is send you back to CS.
  • Options
    lizbethbearlizbethbear Posts: 3,201 Member
    edited November 2013
    CS sends you here to be lazy not because they can't help. I mean it sounds to me like this problem could be fixed for you if they just added all the individual items to your purchase history. Since it wants you to buy them, they could just give them to you for free. The the download buttons would be blue and all should be fixed. I mean we know they can add stuff to purchase history. People get free worlds etc all the time, this time its just giving you stuff you are already entitled to.

Its easier for them to just say oh well and send you back here though.
    WznfzGr.gif
  • Options
    KaiyoKaiyo Posts: 245 New Member
    edited November 2013
    Thank you guys. I edited the title, hopefully this problem can be fixed :(
  • Options
    Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    one year passed with this issue still not fixed
    i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • Options
    Cynth220Cynth220 Posts: 1,162 Member
    I've got that issue too, even though I own Monte Vista the Woodfire Oven doesn't show up as owned when it's on it's own from said world.