Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Las Palomas - Coastal Mexican World

Comments

• JodiRebbyJodiRebby Posts: 1,649 Member
    edited November 2013
    Yeah, I was thinking of them as props.

Hmm ... yes, it can be a working furniture shop with Midnight Hollow. It probably doesn't add a lot to gameplay though it is a nice touch. :wink: Up to you, Zach, as you're team leader! :mrgreen:

Post edited by Unknown User on
  • NilxisNilxis Posts: 596 Member
    edited November 2013
    Junceda, I also think the second stone looks better :thumbup:

Zach, I have finished the church. At first I painted the walls in white and yellow, but I didn't like it so I decided to change it to yellow and red. Before uploading it I want you to tell me if you want anything to be changed, so here are some pics:

Screenshot-63_zps49f83e23.jpg

Screenshot-64_zpsf3ef9ec8.jpg

Screenshot-65_zpsabc4dc80.jpg

Screenshot-67_zps8f3c9300.jpg

Screenshot-66_zps30a19a6d.jpg

Screenshot-69_zps30259180.jpg

Screenshot-70_zps3d57b4fd.jpg
    Here you can see the library objects.

Screenshot-72_zps794b8c77.jpg

Tell me what you think :wink:
  • Zach_BundyZach_Bundy Posts: 1,297 Member
    edited November 2013
    :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Nilxis, you are the undisputed master of CFE, I swear. That is probably the most beautiful version of a church ever made for this game, in my opinion. There's been a few here and there, but this definitely takes the cake, bakes a new cake, and takes that cake too. I can go on. It would take at least seven cakes.

Well here's what I have done so far on the Bazaar:

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

Part of what I liked about Mexico is how obnoxiously different things would be put in extremely close proximity. I think it adds so much to the adventure, that you find things where you would never think to look!

In this case, for the Bazaar, I've put a bowling alley/arcade/game room right next to a cozy book merchant! I think it's a lively concept that wouldn't be accepted in the U.S. or Western Europe.
    edited November 2013
    Wow glad you think so! Thank you so much, I'll upload it tommorrow :D

btw, the Bazaar looks wonderful!
    edited November 2013
    newvog.jpg

Aminovas, would it be possible to do a recolor of the virgin of guadalupe on a tapestry, or in paintings to hang around town?
    edited November 2013
    A dungeon, Zach. Use the head in a historical dungeon. :-) I would like one very much I think. =D

Nilxis, it is amazing!!! Well done!

Zach, that's such a great build! And I love how Mexico is so special and unique.

Jucenda, I like the stone finish in the second pic. Maybe with a matching solid banister? Depends on what's most authentic and works best I guess. :) Good work!
    edited November 2013
    Thanks Jodi :)

The church is uploaded here: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7800028
  • HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    edited November 2013
    Oh wow, fabulous work, Nilxis! Everyone can take a break and have some cake while we oooohhh and aaahhhh! :-)

I also love what you're doing with your builds, Jodi and Junceda! I also prefer the second pattern. It looks more natural.

OK, I may have gone a bit overboard. :oops: And since we didn't have instructions on Store vs. No Store, I'll have to redecorate because I used Haute Hacienda Kitchen and Dining and Hacienda Luxury sets! But I wanted to show what I've done anyway just so you can let me know if there's anything else you want me to change. I'm fine with making it simpler if you'd prefer that, Zach.

mexextfrontuse_zpsed14b145.jpg"width=800"

mexint1st2_zpsc48caf94.jpg"width=700"

mexint1st_zpscff9330a.jpg"width=800"

mexint2nd_zpsbf829b5d.jpg"width=800"

The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • juncedajunceda Posts: 2,614 Member
    edited November 2013
    Hi guys!

WOW Nilxis The Cathedral is just genial, wonderfull, beautifull, YOU ARE THE BEST!!!

In my side I think I am almost done with the palace, just a few touches and I will call it finished

Here are the pics

Screenshot-174_zpsda8907ab.jpg?t=1384691823"width=700"

Screenshot-179_zpsd9a091f4.jpg?t=1384691908

Screenshot-178_zps7dad7c9b.jpg?t=1384691945

Screenshot-173_zps1e4e1b1f.jpg?t=1384691784

Screenshot-176_zps1aff3575.jpg

Screenshot-177_zps60df80fa.jpg

Screenshot-175_zpsbbd81899.jpg?t=1384691994

Screenshot-170_zpsf123375d.jpg

Screenshot-169_zps837040ec.jpg?t=1384691720

Screenshot-171_zpsa4e37c60.jpg?t=1384691689

Screenshot-172_zps1eb90d1c.jpg?t=1384691651

Screenshot-167_zps8a7eb881.jpg?t=1384691613

Should I use this banister?

Screenshot-180_zpsdd2996ea.jpg?t=1384692032

I have only one solid banister and it has a red pattern in the edge that is not recolourable I dont like the way it looks here.

And Zach, when I am done what should I do, If I put it in my dropbox will you be able to take it? I would need your mail to share I think.

I rather don´t want to upload it to the Exchange, everybody should get all the buildings with the world when it is done! (he,eh)
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

I can play at last TS2 TS3 and TS4 So great that toddlers are here!!!
    edited November 2013
    Thank you, Tangie! (: And your lot is just great; the facade and design! Furnished too. :thumbup:

Jucenda, the palace's beautiful at night! :-) Hmm .... too bad about the non-recolourable banister. Maybe it can be replaced with something else?? The banister looks a bit skinny. Maybe thicker would be better?? If I got the right banister in the pic and hopefully didn't spot the wrong one ... :oops:

Nilxis, I will definitely recommend and favorite your build! ^^ I look forward to playing with it in this Mexican world!

Manage to do a little bit of furnishing my lot today. Found a really great pattern after experimenting around. It would make for great props at the marketplace I think.

Will post pics once a lot more is done. :mrgreen:

edited November 2013
    OK, take two. My house interiors without Store content:

mexint1stnostore_zps243ad339.jpg"width=800"

mexint2ndrearnostore_zps4f1af4ae.jpg"width=800"

mexint2ndnostore_zps85c04e21.jpg"width=800"

Anything you want me to change, Zach?

Junceda, I love the palace, I think it looks amazing!

edited November 2013
    Guys the work you've all done is absolutely incredible!

I've downloaded and rec'd the church and I'm excited to put it in the world!

The palace of arts is perfect! I think that the banister on the inside is probably also good for the outside. If you give me the link to the dropbox that's good, or if you wanna e-mail it to me then you can just use the email address from my link to the beta. (we can't give out email addresses here, sorry)

Tangie, that house is AWESOME! Sorry about not putting down guidelines for builds. Right now, I'm preferring builds that have any EP stuff minus into the future. The only Store stuff that I'm working with is Monte Vista. No SP stuff. No CC of course.

• aminovasaminovas Posts: 1,523 Member
    edited November 2013
    oh this thread is SO exciting!
    I completely agree with Zach regarding Nilxis' church. It is amazing!
    And Zach the bazaar is great! I like what you said about incongruous things placed next to each other. Very fun.
    Junceda, the palace is stunning! And Tangie, it is so cool to see you building in a different style :D I love that house! Super cute.

Zach, I had to do a big reinstall yesterday, so I have not dug up all my photographs and recolors yet. I have an idea for the Virgin of Guadalupe tapestry. In fact, before I go hunting down all my Frida stuff, I think I'll get on that right away. Is it ok as a default stamp on the Supernatural Tapestry? I think that would be the best bet. I also have (somewhere! ugh!) a bunch of photographs of southwestern religious iconography. I'll get playing around with all of that. I have to confess that I've been really wanting a place for all this stuff, so I am SO happy to have the chance to use it here. This spring I was redoing a lot of Lucky Palms in a very New Mexican sort of way, so it has kind of stemmed out of that. But that really didn't do it for me. This is awesome.

OK, I'll check back in soon.

edited November 2013
    Yeah that tapestry would be good! Really there's no limit to stuff that the Virgin of Guadalupe is represented on.
    edited November 2013
    Hi guys!

Thankyou HappySimmer3 so glad you like the palace.

Your house is gorgeous, both the versión with all the store content and the one without it, whichever Zach places on the world you can upload both versions to the Exchange, I would rather choose the without one because the replacements made by the game are sometimes a mess that damages all the work.
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

edited November 2013
    Totally! :D

The posters from Showtime are really pretty awesome in terms of their size and the number of them available. How do you feel about some of them being used to make murals, either religious/traditional or for Frida and Diego? We could always reserve a few for posters of pop-stars and what not.
    Also, have you been to the Basilica where the original Lady of Guadalupe is? I was just looking it up, and this is how she is displayed:
    450px-Our_Lady_of_Guadalupe.JPG
    I'm wracking my brain for a painting that has a frame like that that we could use.
    edited November 2013
    Glad you think the house will work! Thanks to both you and Jodi for the inspiration pics because I used several of them to imagine this house. :-)

I'll get it uploaded before I leave town for the Thanksgiving holiday this next weekend. Maybe later tonight, maybe in a day or two. Busy trying to get laundry done today. :-o

edited November 2013
    I downloaded Nilxis's church and converted the wing on a right to a little Lady of Guadalupe shrine. You can see the retexture here:
    Screenshot-303_zps550ca732.jpg"width=500"
    Screenshot-304_zpsfaf7e828.jpg"width=500"

I had to do a lot of editing of the original image to get it to where it looked good. The border and background channels can be changed just as in the original, and I kept the border overlay. I was thinking for the other tapestry stamp, I could do some kind of traditional tapestry?
    edited November 2013
    WOW Ami! This is great, truely great!

I just dropped by to show I found the darnned banister (I had forgotten the one that came with Egypt) and I found the wonderfull recolour of Nuestra Señora de Guadalupe, you made fantstic!

And here it is the banister, I think it´s much fitting

Screenshot_zpsf7323b69.jpg?t=1384650885"width=700"

don´t you agree?
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

edited November 2013
    Looks excellent, Junceda! Glad you like our Lady :)
    (edited because apparently I can't speak spanish after 10 pm at night)
    edited November 2013
    It's been a long time since I've been to that particular church (I think I was twelve), but yeah I do remember the interesting interior! I love it when places of worship are unique in that way.

Thank you so much for those recolors! Do you think we could use a depiction of Christ to go behind the altar?

junceda, i think you've found the right banister.

Here's what I've got done on the Bazaar so far:

screenshot_original.jpg

So far the Bazaar technically doesn't include a Bazaar, but it does have a lot of buildings including: an Inn, a Tatoo Parlour, a small Bar, a Game Corner, and the Bookstore.
    edited November 2013
    Hi guys!

Zach, think of me as if I were one of my younger grandchildren, I cannot find any clue of your email in the link where I downloaded the beta, it must be very simple but in what goes with pc skills I am even simpler. I cannot send you the lot, how did you post the beta in that google cloud drive? should I open an acount? I have a gmail acount and you said that in this case it will be easy, please tell me how and I will follow your instructions.

The "Bazaar" is fab, sims will spend all their spare time there and will have so much fun, and the look is much fitting with the theme of the world.

I will start with the house this evening, I have it in my mind, hope I can take it to facts the way I have imagined, I want a funtional one and a NPC one with a shared inside yard may be with a well. Do you want car parcking or room for horses? I don´t know if you want to give some rural accent on this side of the world. I was thinking also in making two versions switching the funtional house and changing the lookings, so it will fill two lots if you like it and want to kill two birds with one stone.
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

edited November 2013
    Hi junceda, the way to use google drive is a bit more complicated:

1) google "google drive" and click on it

2) you'll need to sign in with your gmail info

3) open up your computer files contains the lot. ( use the sims 3 launcher, go to uploads, and use the button on bottom to get the file location)

4) drag and drop the files from the computer over to the google drive web page, and then they'll automatically upload

5) click on "edit info" (or something like that) and make it so that anyone who has the link can download the file.

6) copy the link that is given to you on the page and post it in the forums

7) click save

Sorry if that instruction is kinda vague. Let me see if I can give you my email somehow
    edited November 2013
    How do you place a performance stage from showtime? I don't mean the buydebug ones but the flat ones with the x'es
    edited November 2013
    Hi!
    I'm not sure what you mean by the flat one with the x's. I just want to suggest Dropbox for sharing files. It is free and I find it much easier than Google drive.